*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 05:23 PM
KnightsInsider93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I think most agree about the timing HL. Im not sure hell even get moved, but Im also not sure come Jan hell be a reg with this current lineup. Maybe hes just a valuable on the team (if not dressing) as any value in a trade may bring back. Good insurance policy. Well have to see if Mark wants to upgrade the OA spot or not.
Boys! Tyler Ferry is not worth anything! Cold truth, but he is worth more to us than to another team.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:36 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Boys! Tyler Ferry is not worth anything! Cold truth, but he is worth more to us than to another team.
Isn't that what I basically said?

I'm just not sure hell dress every game come Jan and if Mark wants to upgrade at OA he's the odd man out. Hughes ain't moving if we're buying,

Old
11-16-2012, 05:40 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Isn't that what I basically said?
I'm pretty sure we both said it..I guess it's "go remedial" time again.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:45 PM
KnightsInsider93

Just needed to reiterate Everybody wants him gone, including myself. But reality is he's not going soon.

Back to Knights news:
Paxton Leroux has been called up to dress as a 7th defender.
Pawley, Restoule, Jammes, Rupert Scratched.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:40 PM
aresknights

Like I said last weekend, looks like Restoules PT this year will be at a minimum barring suspensions/ injury trouble or a bunch of moves.
I can see why Leroux dresses tonight

Old
11-16-2012, 11:50 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post

Back to Knights news:
Paxton Leroux has been called up to dress as a 7th defender.
Pretty sure he was playing wing

Old
11-16-2012, 11:53 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Got back from the game tonight against Owen Sound and I gotta say the team looked very solid tonight. Entertaining game. I really liked what I saw from Patterson tonight. He was calm, cool and collected all night. Square to the puck and made saves look very easy for himself, good rebound control. He deserved to be one of the 3 stars imo.

Really liked what I saw from Welychka. Went hard everytime he was out there. Always looking to make something happen.

Zadorov was solid as well. Just a wall back on defence.

And Kevin Raine had a great fight against MacDermid. The two benches were fired up after that one.

Although 5-2, the game could have went either way. A good back and forth and very good hockey game. I think the Knights got a little lucky on that disallowed goal, although a little luck never hurt anyone.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:29 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
. I think the Knights got a little lucky on that disallowed goal, although a little luck never hurt anyone.
The official made the correct call..it was incidental contact in the crease that put Patterson out of position to make the save. No way you can count that goal. Owen Sound got the lucky one...Smith's stick was above his head when he tipped that puck. The rest of your post is spot on.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:29 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
The official made the correct call..it was incidental contact in the crease that put Patterson out of position to make the save. No way you can count that goal. Owen Sound got the lucky one...Smith's stick was above his head when he tipped that puck. The rest of your post is spot on.
I thought one of Harrington or Maatta tipped that in.

Anderson was a horse last night. This kid going forward is going to be scary... when he gets to 200+ pounds he'll be more then a handful for anybody to handle.

Knights put together and physical solid effort last night.

Side note: The last 3 weeks London's PP has improved alot and the pucks are going in... anybody notice who's been out of the lineup and not on the point on the PP??

Old
11-17-2012, 08:46 AM
bidzey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Knights put together and physical solid effort last night.
they were definitely hungrier than Owen Sound for the win. It was a really good game for the first 2 periods, but then in the 3rd London took over. Good heads-up for Owen Sound now they know what they need for a win against teams like London, Kitchener, and Barrie.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:22 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Like I said last weekend, looks like Restoules PT this year will be at a minimum barring suspensions/ injury trouble or a bunch of moves.
I can see why Leroux dresses tonight
Im wondering if there is something up health wise with Restoule. He had some issues last year an I saw him interviewed and he mentioned something (not specific) that the players know hes going thru. Not sure if its in the past or hes presently dealing with it. well see

Old
11-17-2012, 12:30 PM
aresknights

Yes Andeson is really showing well this year. Hes reall y exploded into a solid OHLer and pro prospect in just over a year nad a half. FA walk on-NHL draft-solid start this year (esp physically and skating) in just over 15 months. If he keeps developing, look out is right.

Knights wore em down last night and were the more physical, and deeper team. Cats line got almsot every other shift and just wore down. Not sure if thats a reg thing from the Sound in tight games or if other circumstances played into that (flu ect...)

A real hard fought BUT clean game between these 2 last night. Im sure thru the year well see something a bit different between these 2

All in all a real solid effort by the Knights from the G all the way thru the line up. They all contributed and played theyre roles well.

Now for a perfect weekend we just gotta go into Ktown and hang their first home L this year on em
33GF and 14GA for a 9-0 start at home. Not too shabby.
Id figure OS will be in a bit nastier mood tonight vs Ktown

Old
11-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
I do feel hell be around, esp as a fill in come xmas when Harrington/ Matta are away. After that Im not sure he wont get passed on the depth chart by any additions Mark makes or by one of the rooks. Unless a few are moved for reinforcements.
Liberati shouldnt sit anymore for him to get a spot on D unless he regresses
Maata will be here in London during xmas unless he's going to Russia to watch the WJC. He's a '92, tourney is for 93's.

Old
11-17-2012, 02:16 PM
mkraayen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
Maata will be here in London during xmas unless he's going to Russia to watch the WJC. He's a '92, tourney is for 93's.
Maatta is a '94 and will be playing at the WJC just like he was last year.

Old
11-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraayen View Post
Maatta is a '94 and will be playing at the WJC just like he was last year.
Huh, swore I saw he was an 92 last I checked but yes now I see he's a 94. What are the chances he gets run over by Jenner again?

Old
11-17-2012, 04:36 PM
JL17

Maatta can play this year and next year as well.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:25 PM
bidzey

London woke up OS last night, beat Kitchener 4-0 tonight, now OS woke up Kitchener for London's game tomorrow.

I'll have to watch Kitchener/London game tomorrow too, it will be a good one. I would usually cheer for London when OS is not involved but because of the numbers in the standings I guess OS fans are cheering for Kitchener tomorrow. I might cheer for London anyways... I'm a Domi fan, Tie, and Max.

Old
11-18-2012, 01:10 AM
sbrug

I am expecting a Kitchener win over London in regulation time. Kitchener is 9-0 at home and is 1-0 against London this year. Kitchener has dominated London at the Aud during the regular season for the past 3 seasons. Why stop now?

I anticipate Jammes or Pawley getting back into the lineup replacing Leroux. Kitchener does not resemble Owen Sound at all when it comes to physical play or fighters. I also would say Patterson starts yet again. He is their guy for now.

Old
11-18-2012, 01:47 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
From my view and the replay it looked like the Knights defenceman helped the Owen Sound attacker into Patterson. Me and my friend both right away said I don't know about that one after the call was made. What was good about the call however is the referee was quick and decisive on it. There was no question what his call was and what it was going to be. But I disagreed on the call.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:01 AM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
From my view and the replay it looked like the Knights defenceman helped the Owen Sound attacker into Patterson. Me and my friend both right away said I don't know about that one after the call was made. What was good about the call however is the referee was quick and decisive on it. There was no question what his call was and what it was going to be. But I disagreed on the call.
totally agree, and yes maybe from a bias point of view, but still... call a spade a spade, hockey is a team sport, and this situation was unfair for the goalie there's no arguing this, but it was inflicted by his own team. The goal should've counted.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:36 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

To clear up the debate:

Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

For purposes of this rule, “contact,” whether incidental or otherwise, shall mean any contact that is made between or among a goalkeeper and attacking player(s), whether by means of a stick or any part of the body.

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.

It was the correct call.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:02 PM
KnightRanger

Any word on Rupert's condition??

Complete accident, but it did not look good! Need those boys in the lineup!

Old
11-18-2012, 10:11 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Any word on Rupert's condition??

Complete accident, but it did not look good! Need those boys in the lineup!
That was a nasty injury and he seemed in serious pain. Wishing him well and hoping it wasn't as serious as it looked. It's these types of injuries you never wish to see happen on live television.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:18 AM
sbrug

Good game from the Knights tonight. Two major gaffes on the first two Kitchener goals. Bailie made a poor choice in playing the puck on the first one and Tierney did not see the man in front of the net on the second goal. Those goals were gift wrapped to Kitchener like the one Gibson gave to the Knights (Platzer's goal). Other than that, I thought they played a near perfect game. Their 5 on 5 play was much better than Kitchener's again. I think this weekend showed that London just has a little more depth than Owen Sound and Kitchener. That doesn't mean they're the better team and it doesn't mean they'll win every match up, but it's a huge benefit later in the season.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:39 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
That was a nasty injury and he seemed in serious pain. Wishing him well and hoping it wasn't as serious as it looked. It's these types of injuries you never wish to see happen on live television.
Or in the building. We couldn't tell what happened but it was all kinds of ugly. You hate to see any kid in pain like that, regardless of the jersey he's wearing. Here's hoping it's not as bad as it looked.

Closed Thread