HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Amerks vs Heat Fri Nov 16 7:05PM ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2012, 06:20 PM
  #26
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,674
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoxsabresfan View Post
Any active streams? - no links at the 3 listed.
http://atdhenet.tv/52563/watch-abbot...ster-americans

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:37 PM
  #27
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,830
vCash: 500
wow. robbery by Irving on Foligno

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:52 PM
  #28
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,674
vCash: 666
1st period notes:
  • Piskula with a hip check on Adam.
  • GOAL! 1-0 Amerks! Varone with the goal; assist to Pysyk. He took the puck wide around Lamb and then cut to the net from the wing and roofed it over Irving who misses the poke check. Nice effort by Varone.
  • Following the goal, Amerks had two PP attempts, but failed to convert on either; ABB penalties were too many men and goalie interference.
  • Knapp has yet to be really tested, with 2-3 SOG at most thus far; ABB attempts are mostly wide.
  • McNabb takes one hand off his stick and gets called for holding behind the Amerks net, ABB to the PP with 5:18 left in the first; Baertschi fires a slot chance wide; Knapp covers a slapper from left circle; penalty expires.
  • Amerks shot from right wall rebounds to Foligno in front, but Irving dives with his paddle out to deflect the empty-net chance wide; Pysyk takes an interference penalty as the puck comes back the other way.
  • Crap, make that a 0:42 ABB 5v3 as Brennan gets called for roughing with 0:25 to go.
  • END OF 1ST PERIOD. 1-0 RCH. Shots: RCH 11 - ABB 6. 0:17 left in ABB 5v3.


Last edited by Woodhouse: 11-16-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:34 PM
  #29
kcoxsabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Thank you.

kcoxsabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:42 PM
  #30
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,674
vCash: 666
2nd period notes:
  • Amerks kill off the penalties that carried over.
  • Tarnasky-Schofield-Roy creating problems per usual; as they change Adam one-times a pass from a streaking Brennan, covered by Irving.
  • GOAL! 1-1. Laing scores; assist to Street. Finley's D-to-D pass behind the net is intercepted by Street and his quick wrap-around attempt rebounds to a crease-crashing Laing who buries it.
  • Lamb gets two for clipping for his neutral zone hip check attempt on Rankin, Amerks to the PP; absolutely nothing doing on that PP though, as Amerks couldn't gain the zone.
  • GOAL! 2-1 ABB. Baertschi scores; assists to Horak and Callahan. Horak breaks in 2-on-2 with speed, takes Finley wide and his backhand rebounds off Knapp's right pad to a crease-crashing Baertschi who puts it in off the post.
  • Reinhart puts one into the crowd and get two for delay of game, Amerks to their fourth PP; this time Amerks get the PP set up, but no shots of consequence; penalty expires.
  • Sundher-Adam-Mancari with a good shift; Adam powers to the net, save by Irving; Adam then lines up his check in the corner pursuing rebound, but the D evades it; another attempt in slot for Adam is blocked.
  • END OF 2ND PERIOD. 2-1 ABB. Shots: RCH 21 - ABB 14.
  • Attendance announced as 7,579 at BCA.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:19 PM
  #31
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Good decision to start Knapp. No rebound control at all. Game would be tied at the very least with Leggio.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:35 PM
  #32
AmerksPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Mancari is AWFUL- besides pp he is useless

AmerksPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:36 PM
  #33
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
Mancari is AWFUL- besides pp he is useless
He totally missed his guy on one of the goals. Of course, if Knapp doesn't kick rebounds to the slot it may not be an issue. But he's worthless at even strength.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:44 PM
  #34
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,674
vCash: 666
3rd period notes:
  • Adam gets tripped up by Sylvester, Amerks to the PP; Brennan with a couple bombs, saved...
  • GOAL! 2-2! McNabb scores; assists to Brennan and Flynn. He fakes a point shot and then wires a wrister top shelf past a screened Irving.
  • Damn, there goes that momentum, as Schofield gets two for tripping, ABB to the PP; Mancari with a SH breakaway, but his forehand deke five-hole is saved; penalty expires.
  • GOAL! 3-2 ABB. Byron scores; assists to Lamb and Kolanos. A Lamb wrister from the right point rebounds to Byron in front for the goal.
  • Biega, Adam at the heart of a scrum with 6:01 to go.
  • Knapp pulled with a minute to go; Mancari sticks out his foot and trips up Olson, ABB to the PP; Varone opens his mouth and gets penalized too; game ends 3-2 ABB.
  • END OF 3RD PERIOD. 3-2 ABB. Shots: RCH 38 - ABB 21.
  • Stars announced as: 1. Street; 2. Byron; 3. McNabb.

All three GA were rebounds where the Amerks couldn't locate and clear the puck first; ABB were quicker to the puck and that was the difference in the game. RCH couldn't find the rebounds at the other end either.

Mancari finishes -3; JGL couldn't clear two of the rebounds... first one he was caught out on Finley's bad pass and on the second, Finley got beat wide and that rebound I would've liked to see kicked to the corner rather than the slot but I felt that one still could've been prevented. Meh.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:56 PM
  #35
barcs
Registered User
 
barcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 500
My first look at JGL. Yuck.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:29 PM
  #36
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,674
vCash: 666

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:01 PM
  #37
JPurp26
Registered User
 
JPurp26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,232
vCash: 300
Was at the game right behind the bench.

Knapp was not good. Not confident and rebound control was brutal. Just looks goofy. Leggio is much better fundamentally.

Mcnabb played well

Luke adam continues to play himself as a career ahler. He is so soft and slow. He was pushing a guy after a whistle and the heat player laughed in his face because he is soft. Rolston played him a ton towards the end which was not warranted.

Mancari is lazy as well. Still slow didn't do much. He is counted on to be a veteran scorer and he didn't do anything. Just goes through the motions.

Varones goal was awesome very nice individual play but other than that was weak not impressed.

Brennan is still a career Ahler. Many d gaffes and his skating is suspect.

Finley is to slow to play at the NHL level

I like Biegas game wish he was bigger he could be something

The Roy schofield tarnasky line was once again pretty strong. Great 4 th line

Rolston rolled 4 lines most the night similar to ruff

Porter was pretty meh tonight not as good as I've seen him play earlier in the year.

Pysyk looked smooth real good first passes. I am Definitley excited with him and his potential.

Flynn played a decent game. Good to see him keep his streak going.

Foligno is a man in a boys league. He needs to finish that open net

Rankin got a stick in the mouth at the end he was spitting blood up on the bench. He plays a solid game as well

Girgensons didn't do much tried to throw his body around little to no offensive touch.

Gauthier leduc needs to play the body more and clear the net. Out there for the first two goals against

Rolston started yelling his displeasure towards the end of the game, on the way out I'm pretty sure I saw Teppo and Kevyn Adams leaving.

If anyone has any questions I will try and answer, sorry for grammar this is from the phone

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:08 PM
  #38
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post

Luke adam continues to play himself as a career ahler. He is so soft and slow. He was pushing a guy after a whistle and the heat player laughed in his face because he is soft. Rolston played him a ton towards the end which was not warranted.
Just another in the long list of reasons as to why Rolston can't coach. Adam is always out there. 1st line at even strength and constant PP time. He's probably been one of the worst Amerks in years. And no, that's not an exaggeration. How a guy can play so bad for so long and keep getting top ice time is beyond me. The guy had an entire offseason to get his **** together. It didn't happen. Time to stop coddling him.

Then there's the obvious goalie issue. Leggio would absolutely stopped at least one of their goals and he's lights out in the SO if it went there. Bad night all around for the organization.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:37 PM
  #39
JPurp26
Registered User
 
JPurp26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,232
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Just another in the long list of reasons as to why Rolston can't coach. Adam is always out there. 1st line at even strength and constant PP time. He's probably been one of the worst Amerks in years. And no, that's not an exaggeration. How a guy can play so bad for so long and keep getting top ice time is beyond me. The guy had an entire offseason to get his **** together. It didn't happen. Time to stop coddling him.

Then there's the obvious goalie issue. Leggio would absolutely stopped at least one of their goals and he's lights out in the SO if it went there. Bad night all around for the organization.
Glad we agree . I mean knapp needs to play at some point but he was rough. Adam was out there it seemed 3 out of the last 6 minutes. He has like 5 points this season.

I'm not going to trash rolston as a coach I dont know him well enough nor have I seen enough but I questioned numerous decisions.


Side note: the Amerks and sabres for this matter are slow. Lack the speed and intensity they had post lockout

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:47 PM
  #40
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,674
vCash: 666
This was a very winnable game for the Amerks. I'm not going to dump the blame solely on Knapp (mainly because I don't want to see Leggio every game since I'd like to see some development in a backup), but his rebound control needs to get better to really warrant any future playing time. With that said, blame in this one can easily be shared by Mancari, who was -3 and missed a SH breakaway; Foligno, who somehow missed an open net as Irving made a diving stick save; Finley, who had a costly giveaway and got beat wide with speed in the build-up to another goal; and JGL, who couldn't clear the front of the net on either of the first two goals.

As for Adam, he had one shift late on where I was saying to myself "why can't he do that all the time" as he powered to the net, but him challenging Baertschi was laughable.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:34 AM
  #41
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Was at the game right behind the bench.

Knapp was not good. Not confident and rebound control was brutal. Just looks goofy. Leggio is much better fundamentally.

Mcnabb played well

Luke adam continues to play himself as a career ahler. He is so soft and slow. He was pushing a guy after a whistle and the heat player laughed in his face because he is soft. Rolston played him a ton towards the end which was not warranted.

Mancari is lazy as well. Still slow didn't do much. He is counted on to be a veteran scorer and he didn't do anything. Just goes through the motions.

Varones goal was awesome very nice individual play but other than that was weak not impressed.

Brennan is still a career Ahler. Many d gaffes and his skating is suspect.

Finley is to slow to play at the NHL level

I like Biegas game wish he was bigger he could be something

The Roy schofield tarnasky line was once again pretty strong. Great 4 th line

Rolston rolled 4 lines most the night similar to ruff

Porter was pretty meh tonight not as good as I've seen him play earlier in the year.

Pysyk looked smooth real good first passes. I am Definitley excited with him and his potential.

Flynn played a decent game. Good to see him keep his streak going.

Foligno is a man in a boys league. He needs to finish that open net

Rankin got a stick in the mouth at the end he was spitting blood up on the bench. He plays a solid game as well

Girgensons didn't do much tried to throw his body around little to no offensive touch.

Gauthier leduc needs to play the body more and clear the net. Out there for the first two goals against

Rolston started yelling his displeasure towards the end of the game, on the way out I'm pretty sure I saw Teppo and Kevyn Adams leaving.

If anyone has any questions I will try and answer, sorry for grammar this is from the phone
Hope he gets his game toghether.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:02 AM
  #42
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,144
vCash: 50
The only goal that Knapp could've done much about was the third one. The first was entirely on Finley for the turnover behind the net and Knapp did a nice job making the initial save on the wraparound; at some point the defense has to help him out on the goal. As for the second, people only see a rebound and immediately blame the goaltender--happens regularly to Miller--but that was a good, low backhander that forced him to make a toe save. With the shooter's angle, he couldn't put that one in the corner.

Anyways, by all means, lets act like we definitely would've won if our middling AHL starter would've played. He never is anything but awesome, and he never has off nights.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:12 AM
  #43
AmerksPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Hope he gets his game toghether.
Don't look for it this year. you may see some flashes but he is not very good offensively at this point. he should have gone to Vermont for 2-3 years, not sure why we rushed him. Look at Kreider from BC, 3 years in Hockey East, rangers didn't rush him, gave him time to develop his game more...

AmerksPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:17 AM
  #44
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,144
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
Don't look for it this year. you may see some flashes but he is not very good offensively at this point. he should have gone to Vermont for 2-3 years, not sure why we rushed him. Look at Kreider from BC, 3 years in Hockey East, rangers didn't rush him, gave him time to develop his game more...
He should've gone to the WHL to develop his offensive game at center for a full season. But that's a different debate for a different day.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:33 AM
  #45
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Was at the game right behind the bench.

Knapp was not good. Not confident and rebound control was brutal. Just looks goofy. Leggio is much better fundamentally.

Mcnabb played well

Luke adam continues to play himself as a career ahler. He is so soft and slow. He was pushing a guy after a whistle and the heat player laughed in his face because he is soft. Rolston played him a ton towards the end which was not warranted.

Mancari is lazy as well. Still slow didn't do much. He is counted on to be a veteran scorer and he didn't do anything. Just goes through the motions.

Varones goal was awesome very nice individual play but other than that was weak not impressed.

Brennan is still a career Ahler. Many d gaffes and his skating is suspect.

Finley is to slow to play at the NHL level

I like Biegas game wish he was bigger he could be something

The Roy schofield tarnasky line was once again pretty strong. Great 4 th line

Rolston rolled 4 lines most the night similar to ruff

Porter was pretty meh tonight not as good as I've seen him play earlier in the year.

Pysyk looked smooth real good first passes. I am Definitley excited with him and his potential.

Flynn played a decent game. Good to see him keep his streak going.

Foligno is a man in a boys league. He needs to finish that open net

Rankin got a stick in the mouth at the end he was spitting blood up on the bench. He plays a solid game as well

Girgensons didn't do much tried to throw his body around little to no offensive touch.

Gauthier leduc needs to play the body more and clear the net. Out there for the first two goals against

Rolston started yelling his displeasure towards the end of the game, on the way out I'm pretty sure I saw Teppo and Kevyn Adams leaving.

If anyone has any questions I will try and answer, sorry for grammar this is from the phone
Thanks for your game notes (from the phone).

FYI: Adam will not be a career AHL'er if he continues this play. Zero points this month. Adam says he belongs at center. He needs to produce or he won't be a pro for too many more years.

Rolston is a good coach.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:44 AM
  #46
hockeylover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Finley is tooooo slow for the AHL never mind the NHL. If the coach thinks he is a shut down guy then Amerks are in trouble. The guy has no mobility, no speed, no vision, no hockey IQ, no first pass, same play all the time off the boards and out. Good teams will see that is his only play and take the boards away. Paper says JGL should not play tonight. What about Finley? Rolston says the defencemen have to play well to stay in the line up. Finley has played many off games this season. This team's coaching philosophy is based on entitlement. No way guys are given ice team based on how hard or well they play. Very similar to the type of players on Buffalo.

hockeylover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:41 AM
  #47
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
He should've gone to the WHL to develop his offensive game at center for a full season. But that's a different debate for a different day.
Well it is possible that he gets sent to whl,but unlikely

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:53 AM
  #48
sabresfan129103
Registered User
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,838
vCash: 500
With Lieuwen playing a lot better I wonder if they send Knapp down and bring Lieuwen up.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 12:56 PM
  #49
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
RE: Knapp - the biggest issue (as it has been) was certainly rebound control, it was pretty bad. Though, he has to play eventually so I don't get the big deal over starting him last night. Would they have won with Leggio? While I agree Leggio likely would've stopped at least one of those goals that went in, who knows. I posed the question on Twitter, at some point do they swap Lieuwen and Knapp to get Knapp some steady minutes in the ECHL?

Foligno was a beast last night, seems like he played 10+ in the third alone, he was out there constantly.

JGL looked terrible early on but I thought he quieted his game down (as in, less noticeable, which was good) as the game went on. I'll allow him a few games to shake off the rust.

I didn't see the problem with Brennan last night. He's not good in the d-zone, we all know that, but don't think that means he dismisses the defensive game. He is engaged in the d zone and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, he just tends to lose his man and/or get out of position way too often. His offense more than makes up for it at the AHL level though.

I thought Girgensons was actually pretty solid last night. Very much engaged physically and was doing a lot of little things right but you can tell he's still trying to adjust to the speed of the game offensive.

Luke Adam is so frustrating to watch. At one point, in the 3rd period, Mancari was engaged in a puck battle in the corner in the offensive zone. Luke Adam was just to his left along the boards in a support position. You could see Mancari noticed him and was trying to get the puck to him. Inexplicably, Adam then just slowly drifted out more towards the center of the ice leaving Mancari without an out. As soon as that happened, Mancari knocked it free to where Adam was previously (and should've still been) and Abbottsford grabbed it and headed out of the zone. You could tell Mancari was baffled as his head snapped around to see where Adam went and just kind of lifted his hands in a "WTF are you doing" type of manner.

Varone is fast, and I like it.

Roy/Schofield/Tarnasky was a solid trio, yet again...shocking. Nasty was leaning over the boards chatting with the Abbottsford bench for most of the 3rd period when he wasn't on the ice.

I absolutely love Alex Biega as an AHL player.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 01:00 PM
  #50
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover1 View Post
Finley is tooooo slow for the AHL never mind the NHL. If the coach thinks he is a shut down guy then Amerks are in trouble. The guy has no mobility, no speed, no vision, no hockey IQ, no first pass, same play all the time off the boards and out. Good teams will see that is his only play and take the boards away. Paper says JGL should not play tonight. What about Finley? Rolston says the defencemen have to play well to stay in the line up. Finley has played many off games this season. This team's coaching philosophy is based on entitlement. No way guys are given ice team based on how hard or well they play. Very similar to the type of players on Buffalo.
Couldn't disagree more. He had one bad game with a bad turnover. He's been one of the teams most reliable defenseman, plus he's the only guy back there with any physical presence.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.