HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Could the Battalion be on the move? (EDIT: Yes, to North Bay)

Old
11-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I believe they've said they are keeping everything from Brampton intact, which I'm not a big fan of.
I've never been a big fan of the Battalion jerseys and not taking the opportunity to create a new look is mind boggling.
I like everything about the Batallion brand minus the logo.

I love the colours and the uniforms, but that logo, a cartoon of an angry military guy, just looks childish.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:59 AM
pinkfloyd44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I believe they've said they are keeping everything from Brampton intact, which I'm not a big fan of.
I've never been a big fan of the Battalion jerseys and not taking the opportunity to create a new look is mind boggling.
I believe they said that they want to keep the Battalion motif for a few reasons.

1. The significant military history and presence in the North Bay area.

2. They owe their history and records to previous Battlaion players (ie. Jason Spezza) and they don't want to throw away that tradition for a new name.

3. (My thoughts) In the media guides - Saginaw still owns all the North Bay Centennials Franchise history and records - So I think they still own all the former centennials branding and logos

pinkfloyd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Ward Cornell

I implied when you saw the Battalion played before full house it had to be a road game for the Battalion and not in Brampton.
I believe the last packed house in Brampton was in the OHL finals a few years ago against Windsor

Last edited by Majik1987: 11-15-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: qdp
Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:58 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I implied when you saw the Battalion played before full house it had to be a road game for the Battalion and not in Brampton.
I believe the last packed house in Brampton was in the OHL finals a few years ago against Windsor

No. Having Rogers cable and residing in Scarborough, every Sunday if Brampton has a home game its televised on channel 63 at 2:00. Last year I flicked it on and it was packed. This was last year. Not a few of years ago.

tourlord* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Brainstrained

I think if Scott Abbott wants to spend his money on an OHL team, he can call it anything he likes . . . but as a North Bay hockey fan I'm rather blah about the name, the green and the logo.

Since the area's military history centers on the old air station which became an air base and eventually home to Bomarc missiles and a NORAD operations control centre (Note: no army base). I could see something like the Winnipeg Jets-look, a military aviation theme, going over big. Call them the Squadron instead of the Battalion.

Still even if they stay as the Battalion, I'll buy tickets, follow them and cheer them on, though I probably won't buy a jersey.

It just good to have the O back.

Brainstrained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
tourlord*

I couldn't stand the Battalion jerseys. Thanks for taking care of that.

tourlord* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 01:20 AM
battfan888

You know no offense to some of the North Bay people but when you complain about the name or the jersey colours its a real slap in the face to us Brampton fans, not because were offended that you dont like our name and colours I get that, I also get you want to create your own history but seeing some (and mind you its been a very small number) but seeing some people complain they dont want the green jerseys or the Battalion name, its a slap in the face to us who are about to lose our team, just be thankful your going to have a team next year while we wont.

battfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Peasy
All In The Game Yo

vCash: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by battfan888 View Post
You know no offense to some of the North Bay people but when you complain about the name or the jersey colours its a real slap in the face to us Brampton fans, not because were offended that you dont like our name and colours I get that, I also get you want to create your own history but seeing some (and mind you its been a very small number) but seeing some people complain they dont want the green jerseys or the Battalion name, its a slap in the face to us who are about to lose our team, just be thankful your going to have a team next year while we wont.
We've been there, we haven't had one for 10 years.

Peasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:38 PM
nosl

Approved / Approuvé

The transfer has been approved. Le déménagement a été approuvé.

https://twitter.com/bringOHLhome

http://www.600ckat.com/2012/11/19/oh...-of-battalion/

Rebienvenu chez nous la LHJMO!
Welcome home OHL!

Last edited by nosl: 11-19-2012 at 01:01 PM.
nosl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:30 PM
nosl

A few videos of late:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWd2FkhnUf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKDx6-EtXd0

nosl is offline   Reply With Quote