HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Could the Battalion be on the move? (EDIT: Yes, to North Bay)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2012, 07:43 AM
  #126
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I believe they've said they are keeping everything from Brampton intact, which I'm not a big fan of.
I've never been a big fan of the Battalion jerseys and not taking the opportunity to create a new look is mind boggling.
I like everything about the Batallion brand minus the logo.

I love the colours and the uniforms, but that logo, a cartoon of an angry military guy, just looks childish.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:59 AM
  #127
pinkfloyd44
Registered User
 
pinkfloyd44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I believe they've said they are keeping everything from Brampton intact, which I'm not a big fan of.
I've never been a big fan of the Battalion jerseys and not taking the opportunity to create a new look is mind boggling.
I believe they said that they want to keep the Battalion motif for a few reasons.

1. The significant military history and presence in the North Bay area.

2. They owe their history and records to previous Battlaion players (ie. Jason Spezza) and they don't want to throw away that tradition for a new name.

3. (My thoughts) In the media guides - Saginaw still owns all the North Bay Centennials Franchise history and records - So I think they still own all the former centennials branding and logos

pinkfloyd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
  #128
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,234
vCash: 500
I implied when you saw the Battalion played before full house it had to be a road game for the Battalion and not in Brampton.
I believe the last packed house in Brampton was in the OHL finals a few years ago against Windsor


Last edited by Majik1987: 11-15-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: qdp
Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:58 AM
  #129
tourlord*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Epic Lulz Society
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I implied when you saw the Battalion played before full house it had to be a road game for the Battalion and not in Brampton.
I believe the last packed house in Brampton was in the OHL finals a few years ago against Windsor

No. Having Rogers cable and residing in Scarborough, every Sunday if Brampton has a home game its televised on channel 63 at 2:00. Last year I flicked it on and it was packed. This was last year. Not a few of years ago.

tourlord* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:19 AM
  #130
Brainstrained
Registered User
 
Brainstrained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeastern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
I think if Scott Abbott wants to spend his money on an OHL team, he can call it anything he likes . . . but as a North Bay hockey fan I'm rather blah about the name, the green and the logo.

Since the area's military history centers on the old air station which became an air base and eventually home to Bomarc missiles and a NORAD operations control centre (Note: no army base). I could see something like the Winnipeg Jets-look, a military aviation theme, going over big. Call them the Squadron instead of the Battalion.

Still even if they stay as the Battalion, I'll buy tickets, follow them and cheer them on, though I probably won't buy a jersey.

It just good to have the O back.

Brainstrained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
  #131
tourlord*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Epic Lulz Society
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
I couldn't stand the Battalion jerseys. Thanks for taking care of that.

tourlord* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 01:20 AM
  #132
battfan888
Registered User
 
battfan888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brampton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
You know no offense to some of the North Bay people but when you complain about the name or the jersey colours its a real slap in the face to us Brampton fans, not because were offended that you dont like our name and colours I get that, I also get you want to create your own history but seeing some (and mind you its been a very small number) but seeing some people complain they dont want the green jerseys or the Battalion name, its a slap in the face to us who are about to lose our team, just be thankful your going to have a team next year while we wont.

battfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:48 PM
  #133
Peasy
All In The Game Yo
 
Peasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,235
vCash: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by battfan888 View Post
You know no offense to some of the North Bay people but when you complain about the name or the jersey colours its a real slap in the face to us Brampton fans, not because were offended that you dont like our name and colours I get that, I also get you want to create your own history but seeing some (and mind you its been a very small number) but seeing some people complain they dont want the green jerseys or the Battalion name, its a slap in the face to us who are about to lose our team, just be thankful your going to have a team next year while we wont.
We've been there, we haven't had one for 10 years.

Peasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:38 PM
  #134
nosl
Registered User
 
nosl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baie Nordique (NO)
Country: Canada
Posts: 482
vCash: 500
Approved / Approuvé

The transfer has been approved. Le déménagement a été approuvé.

https://twitter.com/bringOHLhome

http://www.600ckat.com/2012/11/19/oh...-of-battalion/

Rebienvenu chez nous la LHJMO!
Welcome home OHL!


Last edited by nosl: 11-19-2012 at 01:01 PM.
nosl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:30 PM
  #135
nosl
Registered User
 
nosl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baie Nordique (NO)
Country: Canada
Posts: 482
vCash: 500
A few videos of late:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWd2FkhnUf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKDx6-EtXd0

nosl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.