HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 07:47 PM
deanerboy

vCash: 500
SELLING SOTW TANGUAY

SB: 95k
BIN: 110k

Old
11-16-2012, 07:51 PM
great1

Anyone interested in a Stars of the Week Goligoski on the 360?

Old
11-16-2012, 08:17 PM
The Nose

15 Gold Packs, best player was J. Hayes 81 OVR.............

Old
11-16-2012, 08:24 PM
xXImScore71Xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
15 Gold Packs, best player was J. Hayes 81 OVR.............
Opening packs can be rough man. I've realized that your better off buying players off the market.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:36 PM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXImScore71Xx View Post
Opening packs can be rough man. I've realized that your better off buying players off the market.
True that. The best i've ever gotten was Thomas(88OVR), Cole(86OVR) and Markov(85OVR) spent over $200(dollars not pucks) on packs.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:56 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
True that. The best i've ever gotten was Thomas(88OVR), Cole(86OVR) and Markov(85OVR) spent over $200(dollars not pucks) on packs.
LOL im sorry but i cant believe how much $ youve spent on this trash game.. i really hope ur well off

Old
11-16-2012, 10:15 PM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesh18 View Post
Trading sotw chara on ps3 up 4 50bid with like 10hours left send trades looking 4 limeaux or sotw giroux or sotw karlson
Are you Van City?

Old
11-16-2012, 10:44 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Willing to trade/sell SOTW Eberle on the PS3.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:50 PM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Willing to trade/sell SOTW Eberle on the PS3.
I am unbelieveably interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
LOL im sorry but i cant believe how much $ youve spent on this trash game.. i really hope ur well off
Well, my Aunt won $10thou at Bingo so I got some. Lol.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:01 PM
TheQuackAttack

I need to start recording my games. Vancouver's beating me 10-0 with 11 shots on goal. Rinne in net...

Glad people are enjoying the movember tourney, because it's pissing me off.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:06 PM
hockeyboy4

i love beating a team with a better 4th line then my 1st line

Old
11-16-2012, 11:14 PM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
i love beating a team with a better 4th line then my 1st line
Yup, me to. Like i've said to people it doesn't matter if a person has Crosby, Stamkos and Giroux or scrubs. Sure it helps to have those better players but really NHL13 is about skill not stats in a player.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Jesh18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
Are you Van City?
Yea my team name is van city 1997

Old
11-16-2012, 11:56 PM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesh18 View Post
Yea my team name is van city 1997
Haha, people on another forum were talking about you when your auction expired. Among them was the guy who sent you the trade offer you accepted I thought I recognized the team name.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:20 AM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Yup, me to. Like i've said to people it doesn't matter if a person has Crosby, Stamkos and Giroux or scrubs. Sure it helps to have those better players but really NHL13 is about skill not stats in a player.
Ummm, no it's not, lol. You're not serious, are you? The LAST thing NHL 13 is about, is skill, or hockey sense. It's about who is better at spamming speed burst, and who can get the breaks by throwing weak wristers at the net. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. I've absolutely demolished all star teams, using all scrubs, and I've lost by 5 goals to average teams when I've had an all star team. This game is nothing but spam and luck, that's it. I like how post-patch, defenders without the puck turn around a little quicker, but post patch, the momentum system is almost dead, people don't have to answer for being out of position as much, the skating was so much better pre-patch.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:41 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Ummm, no it's not, lol. You're not serious, are you? The LAST thing NHL 13 is about, is skill, or hockey sense. It's about who is better at spamming speed burst, and who can get the breaks by throwing weak wristers at the net. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. I've absolutely demolished all star teams, using all scrubs, and I've lost by 5 goals to average teams when I've had an all star team. This game is nothing but spam and luck, that's it. I like how post-patch, defenders without the puck turn around a little quicker, but post patch, the momentum system is almost dead, people don't have to answer for being out of position as much, the skating was so much better pre-patch.
Word

Im starting to dislike this game more and more. I just wanna record every boneheaded move from a defenseman, every stupid ******** goal, every time the computers just wreck me without having any momentum, and just send it to EA

And the funny thing is EA said they fixed the AI but its honestly so much worse. I kind of miss 12 right now.

Idk I hate people that just complain about this game, but I really love to hate this game, love to hate this game.

I want a hockey game that feels like real hockey... I want it to be easier to score from cycling the puck, more and BETTER rebound goals, make it harder to just weave out of the way of hits, more 5-hole goals, etc.

Also one thing they said in this game is that you will feel a huge difference between players, but I dont. Like when I have Nick Backstrom, or Claude Giroux, or Henrik Sedin, or any other sick play maker, I want to feel like I can pass better... I feel like play makers are useless because it is SO DAMN HARD to get passe through traffic. And even if you do, even if you have Alex Ovechkin or Selanne or someone great at finishing plays, he will just flub the puck and whiff.

But I agree with CowenFan, its kind of funny, I try so hard to get these elite players on HUT, and yet guys like Peverley and Kulikov and Steen score more often than my actual really expensive players. Its just kind of silly (maybe its cause im not that good at this game haha)

I really hope a new developer starts making NHL games.

Old
11-17-2012, 06:21 AM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I really hope a new developer starts making NHL games.
Lol2k

Old
11-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Latz

I went on a 12 game winning streak, so i started the movember tourney. I lost 5 straight times, with people with way less skill, and a crappier roster. I think EA that day just flagged me and said, ok time to lose

Old
11-17-2012, 11:55 AM
ohnoeszz

There is still a lot of skill involved but also a disappointing amount of and game issuesthat can really make it feel like what you do doesn't matter.

There are just so many little ai issues. Why don't my players slow up right in front of the net for passes instead of constantly running the goalie? Why don't they skate hard for the cross crease pass half the time? Why do my defensmen have no idea where to move as a passing outlet in the offensive zone? Why do those defensmen occasionally skate backwards out of the zone when receiving a pass? When you connect on a hit why do they not work half the time? When a player skates into the defensemen why does the computer not hit him or play the puck or do anything? Why does the far side defenseman never recognize the puck carrier entering their lane? Why when that happens, does my attempt to switch players send me to a forward? Why do defensmen not recognize a rush until it is past them? Why is there a puck possession delay when my goalie randomly decides to run out and play the puck in the circles? Why can't I switch players or at least have my defenseman react when there is a tie up on the faceoff?

Old
11-17-2012, 12:27 PM
hockeyboy4

just lost to a guy 3-2 who won a elite playoff.. he went short side everytime

Old
11-17-2012, 12:44 PM
CIROfresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
There is still a lot of skill involved but also a disappointing amount of and game issuesthat can really make it feel like what you do doesn't matter.

There are just so many little ai issues. Why don't my players slow up right in front of the net for passes instead of constantly running the goalie? Why don't they skate hard for the cross crease pass half the time? Why do my defensmen have no idea where to move as a passing outlet in the offensive zone? Why do those defensmen occasionally skate backwards out of the zone when receiving a pass? When you connect on a hit why do they not work half the time? When a player skates into the defensemen why does the computer not hit him or play the puck or do anything? Why does the far side defenseman never recognize the puck carrier entering their lane? Why when that happens, does my attempt to switch players send me to a forward? Why do defensmen not recognize a rush until it is past them? Why is there a puck possession delay when my goalie randomly decides to run out and play the puck in the circles? Why can't I switch players or at least have my defenseman react when there is a tie up on the faceoff?
These are all good questions.. unfortunatly none of which will ever be answered..

Old
11-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Subber

Just waiting for next promo pack. That pack better be good. Really sucks that there hasn't been any in last three weeks, prices on the market are very high.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:59 PM
deanerboy

Selling SOTW Tanguay!!!

LOOKING FOR SOTW STLOUIS URGENTLY! PLEASE PM ME

Old
11-17-2012, 02:42 PM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
just lost to a guy 3-2 who won a elite playoff.. he went short side everytime
Disappointing, but at this point it's hard to blame the players when the advantage of going short side is obvious.

Edit: Anyone needing a Grabner(6.5k if for use on team and not resale), Radulov or MacArthur (phi) pm me.

Old
11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
hb11xchamps

The defensemen and dumb turnovers are what piss me off the most. I try to make an outlet pass out of the zone and most of the time the computer players on the other team will make a stupid lucky pokecheck (sometimes facing the wrong way) and I turn the puck over. This then leads to my defensemen really sucking at switching from skating forward to backwards and getting completely beat giving my opponent a 1 vs 1 with the goalie. The "new" goalies make me angry this year too. Sometimes a guy who completely sucks (AHL back up, European Goalie, Junior, etc.) stands on his head most of the game while my starter (Usually Halak) makes really stupid pokechecks a lot, comes out of his net and gets scored on, or lets a soft one in. There are way too many flaws with the game this year

Closed Thread