HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part 5|GM#17:Toronto @ WB/S|24/11/2012|7:00PM|One loss in the 4 game road trip so far

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 09:47 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennerandNazzie View Post
Some random thoughts from the game I had.

-Frattin/kadri/colborne buzzing all night. Colborne playing with more of an edge and engaging alot more physically and throwing the body around. Frattin is Frattin. Which is a beast. With his shot and driving the net i dont see him as bottom 6. Third line at first but i think hes going to start showing hes a premier prospect. Kadri i thought played a good game. Got a little nasty at times and he did seem he was holding back on rushes where he might of.tried to dangle around the game. Simple game.

-Komarov is awesome! He finishes every check of every shift and he was all over the crease on the pp causing havoc. He gets under the skin not from constant after whistle stuff. He plays hard and will win at all costs. We need him bad on the big club.

-Ranger and Holzer played simple smart hockey i thought and really didnt notice them.negatively so thats good. No flash.

-I was skeptical of Ashtons offensive talent but tonight he really showed flashes of.those abilities rushing the puck or trying.to create plays. Really wish he was playing top six mins. I hope people are patient because he is going to be a late bloomer it appears.

kadri seems to notice danger, which is very good

Old
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I'll be at the games tomorrow and Sunday.

Anyone know where to find the scoresheet?
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1010058

Old
TmlHockeyFan

I missed the game. I'm surprised to see Gardiner as a -3. Good to see Kadri producing again and someone can finally deliver his great passes (Frattin). Good to see Frattin come back and have two goals already. I'm loving the Kadri-Colborne-Frattin line already. I hope they continue to produce a lot.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennerandNazzie View Post
Some random thoughts from the game I had.

-Frattin/kadri/colborne buzzing all night. Colborne playing with more of an edge and engaging alot more physically and throwing the body around. Frattin is Frattin. Which is a beast. With his shot and driving the net i dont see him as bottom 6. Third line at first but i think hes going to start showing hes a premier prospect. Kadri i thought played a good game. Got a little nasty at times and he did seem he was holding back on rushes where he might of.tried to dangle around the game. Simple game.

-Komarov is awesome! He finishes every check of every shift and he was all over the crease on the pp causing havoc. He gets under the skin not from constant after whistle stuff. He plays hard and will win at all costs. We need him bad on the big club.

-Ranger and Holzer played simple smart hockey i thought and really didnt notice them.negatively so thats good. No flash.

-I was skeptical of Ashtons offensive talent but tonight he really showed flashes of.those abilities rushing the puck or trying.to create plays. Really wish he was playing top six mins. I hope people are patient because he is going to be a late bloomer it appears.
Didn't he go back to Russia?

Old
11-16-2012, 11:01 PM
hd1344

game observations

Long time reader, first time poster. I was at Copps tonight, so I'll try to provide a few observations about some of the prospects.

- Kadri's quietly effective cycle game. We often harp on his puck management off the rush, but what often goes unsaid is Nazem's effectiveness once he's below the hashmarks. For a smallish guy, he works the cycle well. He'll never overpower anyone, but he keeps his feet moving (drew a penalty tonite) and makes good, quick decisions.

-Frattin showed no ill effects returning from injury. Enthusiastic in his play, did not shy away one bit. Got caught watching & running around defensively a few times, expect he will improve with increased games/practices.

-Carter Ashton does the little things well. Often has his head on a swivel, seems well aware of his defensive responsibilities. Hustled back with a purpose, finding and covering the right man. Shields the puck and uses his edges well.

-Komarov will be an effective NHLer IMO. Finishes his checks, gets on nerves,goes to the dirty areas, and has good skill for his type of player. His skating is a huge benefit to him. He is not a stop/start player. He bobs, weaves, turns and uses his edges while getting around the ice. He reads the play fairly well, and uses the fact that he is in constant motion to his advantage in disrupting plays.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:25 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Would love to see Kadri-Colborne-Frattin as a potential big club line someday. Though of course it would be nice if Kadri played centre eventually.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Antropovsky

How is Kadri a bust for any small slump he's in, but somehow colborne always gets a free pass to the NHL, despite only ever being a above average ahl player for about a month in his career?

Admittedly I've only ever seen him in his NHL stint (very poor showings), and through a few ahl highlights, but again I don't see an NHL player. Someone give me their opinions on him, and why he's always right up there with Kadri and frattin in conversations.

Old
11-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
How is Kadri a bust for any small slump he's in, but somehow colborne always gets a free pass to the NHL, despite only ever being a above average ahl player for about a month in his career?

Admittedly I've only ever seen him in his NHL stint (very poor showings), and through a few ahl highlights, but again I don't see an NHL player. Someone give me their opinions on him, and why he's always right up there with Kadri and frattin in conversations.
Both Colbourne and Kadri look like they will be busts at the NHL level. Frattin will play as he can really skate and shoot. I like Frattin's determination to use his size and drive to the net, this will serve him well as he doesn't have the puck skills to get too fancy.

Old
11-17-2012, 07:29 AM
SchennerandNazzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Didn't he go back to Russia?
No not yet. Hes trying to work out a contract with management so he can come back right away if the lockout ends. Hes leaving huge money on the table in russia and he wants to play in the nhl not ahl for the season. He is definatley nhl ready and will take a spot in camp. He will be a fan fav very quickly

Old
11-17-2012, 07:32 AM
SchennerandNazzie

Anybody agree that Holzers open ice hits have kronwall influence on them. He just gets down and backs into them. Hes the perfect 5/6 pairing dman imo.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:58 AM
SarcazemKadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Both Colbourne and Kadri look like they will be busts at the NHL level. Frattin will play as he can really skate and shoot. I like Frattin's determination to use his size and drive to the net, this will serve him well as he doesn't have the puck skills to get too fancy.
Two 22 year old busts! trade em!!!

Old
11-17-2012, 09:29 AM
ACC1224

Komarov, Frattin, Ranger, Gardiner all stood out as NHLer's over any other Marlies out there.

Hamilton has a nice young Goalie.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:09 AM
SchennerandNazzie

Ranger and Holzer future shutdown bottom pairing?

Old
11-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

If you see a brown guy screaming his ass off in a phaneuf jersey behind the marlies bench. It's yours truly.

11-17-2012, 12:29 PM
fahad203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
If you see a brown guy screaming his ass off in a phaneuf jersey behind the marlies bench. It's yours truly.
I'll look out for you.

Is the bloody game being televised? It's saturday, I have watched all the soccer I can handle. Hockey time

Old
11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Nashty

vCash: 262
Quote:
I'll keep an eye out for you, Sens Rocket.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd1344 View Post
Long time reader, first time poster. I was at Copps tonight, so I'll try to provide a few observations about some of the prospects.

- Kadri's quietly effective cycle game. We often harp on his puck management off the rush, but what often goes unsaid is Nazem's effectiveness once he's below the hashmarks. For a smallish guy, he works the cycle well. He'll never overpower anyone, but he keeps his feet moving (drew a penalty tonite) and makes good, quick decisions.

-Frattin showed no ill effects returning from injury. Enthusiastic in his play, did not shy away one bit. Got caught watching & running around defensively a few times, expect he will improve with increased games/practices.

-Carter Ashton does the little things well. Often has his head on a swivel, seems well aware of his defensive responsibilities. Hustled back with a purpose, finding and covering the right man. Shields the puck and uses his edges well.

-Komarov will be an effective NHLer IMO. Finishes his checks, gets on nerves,goes to the dirty areas, and has good skill for his type of player. His skating is a huge benefit to him. He is not a stop/start player. He bobs, weaves, turns and uses his edges while getting around the ice. He reads the play fairly well, and uses the fact that he is in constant motion to his advantage in disrupting plays.
Kadri, Frattin, Colborne, Komarov and Ashton will all be in the NHL, IMO. If season were to start before end of year, fully expect that Frattin and Komarov will be part of the Leaf team...maybe Kadri. I'd certainly look to move some of the existing players in attempt to pickup some additional picks for the 2013 draft (which is very strong). Kulemin, McArthur, Connolly and maybe even Bozak or Grabovski could be delt and I dont think we would take a step back due to having replacements on the Marlies.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Nashty

vCash: 262
The game will be on Sportsnet 1, for those asking.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:

I'll watch for you LR.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:01 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Haha, I'll look for that. Is Phaneuf your favourite leafs player?

Old
11-17-2012, 01:08 PM
TootooTrain
-

Projected Lines:
via Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs

Some guys getting a day off with 3 games in 3 days.

Kadri-Aucoin-Komarov
Ross-Colborne-Deschamps
Hamilton-McKegg-Scott
D'amigo-Acton-Ryan

Gardiner-Kostka | Fraser-Blacker | Ranger-Holzer

Scrivens in net.

Hamilton switches goaltenders and goes with Mayer in net which could be a good thing.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Projected Lines:

Kadri-Aucoin-Komarov
Ross-Colborne-Deschamps
Hamilton-McKegg-Scott
D'amigo-Acton-Ryan

Scrivens in net.

Hamilton switches goaltenders and goes with Mayer in net.
I would have preferred Rynnas, Oh well.

Ross with Colborne should be interesting as well.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:14 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Projected Lines:

Kadri-Aucoin-Komarov
Ross-Colborne-Deschamps
Hamilton-McKegg-Scott
D'amigo-Acton-Ryan

Scrivens in net.

Hamilton switches goaltenders and goes with Mayer in net which could be a good thing.
Where did Frattin go???

Old
11-17-2012, 01:17 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Where did Frattin go???
Sitting. Doesn't want to push him with 3 in 3. He'll be back in tomorrow.

11-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Sitting. Doesn't want to push him with 3 in 3. He'll be back in tomorrow.
Sucks My only time I'm home and I wanted to watch him in HD!

But it makes sense that Eakins would sit him. Nice to see Ross playing with Colborne.

Closed Thread