HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 11:31 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Looks like Frk is playing with Drouin and MacKinnon tonight. 1 period gone, Frk 1+1, Drouin 0+3, MacKinnon 0+2. I like.
Yeah he had a decent game and kept his streak alive too...

Question for GR/Wings fans... Where do you think Frk will play next season? He'll be old enough for the AHL, but looking at some depth charts here it looks like he could be the odd man out? ... We (Halifax) could potentially lose both our euros if Frk goes next season, and we have a high euro pick as well.... We'd welcome him back, but is there any chance the Wings brass leave him in junior for his 20yo season?

Old
11-17-2012, 12:06 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Yeah he had a decent game and kept his streak alive too...

Question for GR/Wings fans... Where do you think Frk will play next season? He'll be old enough for the AHL, but looking at some depth charts here it looks like he could be the odd man out? ... We (Halifax) could potentially lose both our euros if Frk goes next season, and we have a high euro pick as well.... We'd welcome him back, but is there any chance the Wings brass leave him in junior for his 20yo season?
I wouldn't think they will, but the Wings' brass has plenty of decisions to make in the next 10-11 months. Frk, Tvrdon and Quine(mind you he's not signed) are getting old enough for the pros, with Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen crossing the pond. With guys like Nestrasil and Coetzee in the ECHL right now waiting for their promotion. And that's just the offense. It's a real battle for spots both at NHL and AHL level.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:12 AM
InjuredChoker

I hope you guys are right but we don't have many spots, anyway. Maybe Andersson at AHL is a reach, but I think they'll push Tatar to AHL. Sheahan should be in minors imo, maybe he'll find he's offense there.

Flip-Dats-Franzen
Nyquist-Z-Brunner
Mursak-Helm-Sammy
Bert-Andersson-Tootoo
Emmerton

If they let go of Eaves, Miller and Cleary. And sign no more vets and keep Flip and Brunner.

This could give top six mins in AL for Tatar, Sheahan, Tvrdon, Pulkkinen, Jurco and Järnkrok. Frk in juniors. That leaves Quine and Ferraro out of top 6 mins. If former is signed.

I think Järnkrok should come over next year, enough playing in SEL.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:32 AM
InjuredChoker

Frk finished with 1+2. -1. Drouin with 33 points in 15 games. Not bad
Quine 0+1, -4. They lost 3-7.
Ouellet with 0+3, -1. 26 points in 23 games. +9. PMs are little up, goals are little down.

All kids were minus, lol.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:54 AM
joe89

I don't think you can ask for more offensive output out of a defenseman, over a point per game is really solid from Ouellet. The ones close to him in the Q defenseman race are both overagers aswell. I'm definitely excited about the X-man.

Old
11-17-2012, 07:00 AM
joe89

Bodin was apparently loaned to division 1 team(3rd tier) Tranås yesterday. He was put on the 3rd line and had two assists.

Old
11-17-2012, 07:07 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Bodin was apparently loaned to division 1 team(3rd tier) Tranås yesterday. He was put on the 3rd line and had two assists.
Looks like he's back with HV71 today and playing on the top line: http://stats.swehockey.se/Game/Events/122540

Old
11-17-2012, 07:28 AM
zecke26

Quote:
it was only a one-game loan i think. but maybe they can give him more games during the season. it could help him to play as much as possible.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:01 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
it was only a one-game loan i think. but maybe they can give him more games during the season. it could help him to play as much as possible.
Is there a big difference in the level of play between Div. 1 and SuperElit? I know it's difficult to compare junior and men's leagues. I would think the biggest difference is in development and coaching?

Old
11-17-2012, 03:11 PM
ChadS

Good night for Bäckman and Järnkrok. Calle 7th in league scoring and 1st for Brynäs, Bäckman tied for 11th in D-man scoring and 1st in Linköping's d-man scoring & +/-.

Bäckman 0+2, +3, 21:34 icetime
Järnkrok 1+0, +1, 4/6 SOG, 19:43 icetime and 80% on faceoffs.
Pulkkinen 0+0, -2, 12:54 icetime
Bodin 0+0, -1, 4 PIM, 2 SOG

Here's an article on McKee: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ona-on-the-ice

And the latest RWC article on Nedomlel: http://www.redwingscentral.com/2012/...efensive-zone/

Last edited by ChadS: 11-17-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 03:25 PM
joe89

Quote:
Is there a big difference in the level of play between Div. 1 and SuperElit? I know it's difficult to compare junior and men's leagues. I would think the biggest difference is in development and coaching?
Yes, that would be it. Tactically, he probably was a blank slate before, compared to what he's gonna be learning with a SEL team. It would be fun to see him in Allsvenskan at some point this season.

Last year the Swedish U20 National won against a division 1 team 3-2 in OT, a team that later played in the qualifiers to Allsvenskan. Gives an idea.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:22 PM
joe89

The goalie guild talking some Mrazek http://thepipelineshow.com/clips/sea...lock_Nov17.mp3 Starts at 12:15.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Good night for Bäckman and Järnkrok. Calle 7th in league scoring and 1st for Brynäs, Bäckman tied for 11th in D-man scoring and 1st in Linköping's d-man scoring & +/-.

Bäckman 0+2, +3, 21:34 icetime
Järnkrok 1+0, +1, 4/6 SOG, 19:43 icetime and 80% on faceoffs.
Pulkkinen 0+0, -2, 12:54 icetime
Bodin 0+0, -1, 4 PIM, 2 SOG

Here's an article on McKee: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ona-on-the-ice

And the latest RWC article on Nedomlel: http://www.redwingscentral.com/2012/...efensive-zone/
Sweet, good to see our Swedish prospects get on the scoresheet.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Anchor Town

Nice to see Calle finally pot a goal instead of his usual apple or two

Old
11-17-2012, 08:30 PM
bishop

Just a heads up. Minnesota is currently playing Wisconsin on Big Ten Network. Marshall is #10.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:43 PM
FabricDetails

Interesting article on Nestrasil.

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2012/...-fundamentals/

Quote:
One of the biggest factors Nestrasil said he worked on in the offseason was his skating. He said he would work with his Russian coach five times a week and it is already paying dividends for him.

“He’s committed himself a lot this year. I think he knows the pro game now and he works hard,” said Walleye head coach Nick Vitucci. “He’s very strong on the puck, which we didn’t see a lot of last year. I just think that’s with maturity and growing into his body. But he’s a lot stronger than he was last year and he’s been a nice surprise for us.”

The 21-year-old Nestrasil said the biggest change from junior hockey to the ECHL has been improving his game without the puck.

“When you lose the puck, you turn around and chase it and get it back. That’s the major difference between the leagues,” he said. “When you’re in junior league, you try something and miss it, then you leave and change up. You can’t play like that in this league.
Sounds like he's learning and working on his weaknesses. In the end though, it might not mean squat for the Red Wings organization.

What do we think? Does he still have a shot at the NHL? Or is he a career AHLer at best?

Last edited by FabricDetails: 11-17-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old
11-18-2012, 12:23 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
Interesting article on Nestrasil.

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2012/...-fundamentals/

Sounds like he's learning and working on his weaknesses. In the end though, it might not mean squat for the Red Wings organization.

What do we think? Does he still have a shot at the NHL? Or is he a career AHLer at best?
I think he will be a good pro... In Europe.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:33 AM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I think he will be a good pro... In Europe.
Ah yes... Heh. Very fitting. He should probably just move there now in all honesty.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:43 AM
ChadS

Athanasiou 0+1, +2
Quine 0+0, -1
Paterson 23/26 saves, 4-1 loss
Nedomlel 0+0, +/- 0
Marshall 0+0, +1
De Haas 1+1

Old
11-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Anchor Town

DeKeyser looked like ******* tonight. Pretty disappointed

Old
11-18-2012, 04:02 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
Ah yes... Heh. Very fitting. He should probably just move there now in all honesty.
While that was probably a little harsh on my part as he has made strides his game, I will say I am extremely doubtful if he is an NHL player that it will take place in Detroit. He has too many guys in his way and more on the way. There might be other execs and scouts out there that like him and he gets moved and makes it. But he isn't jumping what is ahead of him in the system without a huge breakout. I just think his future is with a Lev Praha not Detroit.

*I guess his rights are owned by someone else in the KHL. Was a 2010 round 2 #30 overall by Sibir Novosibirsk.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 11-18-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: KHL rights
Old
11-18-2012, 04:09 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
DeKeyser looked like ******* tonight. Pretty disappointed
I am never overly impressed when I watch him play. I do see the things that will make him a NHL player, but he is still a little more of a rough and raw project than a lot of the hype would indicate. I would be happy if they signed him, but he is going to need some time in the AHL. I hope he takes that route, because I think he gets burned pretty bad if he just goes for the NHL job from day one when he looks to sign.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:49 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Yes, that would be it. Tactically, he probably was a blank slate before, compared to what he's gonna be learning with a SEL team. It would be fun to see him in Allsvenskan at some point this season.

Last year the Swedish U20 National won against a division 1 team 3-2 in OT, a team that later played in the qualifiers to Allsvenskan. Gives an idea.
the swedish U20 national team though is often packed with players who already play pro in allsvenskan and even elitserien. so that's not really a surprise.

superelit is not even close to a U20 national team when it comes to talent. simply because the best U20 players usually play pro most of the time.

i think D1 is a good addition for a young player like bodin to play a bit among men, to get ice-time and in his case to remember how to get on the scoreboard.
of course if a player can get loaned to an allsvenskan team that could be better, but i think ice-time and simply playing more games is what counts at that age.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:59 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
the swedish U20 national team though is often packed with players who already play pro in allsvenskan and even elitserien. so that's not really a surprise.

superelit is not even close to a U20 national team when it comes to talent. simply because the best U20 players usually play pro most of the time.

i think D1 is a good addition for a young player like bodin to play a bit among men, to get ice-time and in his case to remember how to get on the scoreboard.
of course if a player can get loaned to an allsvenskan team that could be better, but i think ice-time and simply playing more games is what counts at that age.
I meant it as a compliment to division 1 that they held up that well, not the other way around. But it does prove something about juniors vs men, even if the former is way more talented the game's about more than talent. J20(SuperElit) talent wise is superior to division 1, but the latter will win for the most part because they're men.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I am never overly impressed when I watch him play. I do see the things that will make him a NHL player, but he is still a little more of a rough and raw project than a lot of the hype would indicate. I would be happy if they signed him, but he is going to need some time in the AHL. I hope he takes that route, because I think he gets burned pretty bad if he just goes for the NHL job from day one when he looks to sign.
I dunno, what about this?

Kronwall-Edler*
Smith-Ericsson
DeKeyser-White
Quincey

I think we could fit him in quite nicely on the third pairing. Hopefully he'd beat out Quincey. I don't know if we'll sign White but if he likes it in Detroit he may be willing to accept Ken Holland's initial offer and often that's all it takes for a guy to extend his stay in Detroit.

* Just throwing this out there as he seems like a guy we'd probably go after in free agency.

Closed Thread