HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Providence Bruins (vs) Manchester Monarchs; 7:05 at the DDC Providence; (11-16-12)

Old
11-17-2012, 07:54 AM
TwistedWristah
Boston Strong

vCash: 500
I agree Dan, he was easily their best forward.

Also, let me know if you feel the same way about this. Hanson, imo, is always in the right position but he is just missing that extra step. It isn't for lack of effort at all, but he could have had maybe 2-3 breakaways or odd man rushes if he did have that extra gear. I thought he was solid all night as well. Nothing fancy, but something this team really needed.

Thought Florek was good too.

TwistedWristah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:32 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Spooner is really coming along- when he gets to the NHL he could be a monster on the power play; he imo was the best player on the ice last night- (more later my dog wants to head to park and could care less about HF)

also, the found out what the specific injury is with Knight and the good news is he should be fine and why he has been out- bad news is its a month BUT he's 20 years old and should be fine. He should be doing jumping jacks though if he is watching his buddy Spooner play in the AHL.

Spooner is getting it- in one month his game has blossomed to the point where defensively he is making great improvements; Claude's power play will be in the top 10 when he gets to Boston and takes over that side board stuff- think Savard on steriods- that is how quick and smart/hockey sense Spooner has.
Frightening, I haven't had the pleasure to see Spooner play other than maybe 2 games in Junior then 1 rookie game last year I believe.

"Savard on steroids", I'm in, has this team needed a Savvy-like presence on that PP since his absence, gawd I hope this kid keeps progressing and fulfills expectations.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:29 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
I agree Dan, he was easily their best forward.

Also, let me know if you feel the same way about this. Hanson, imo, is always in the right position but he is just missing that extra step. It isn't for lack of effort at all, but he could have had maybe 2-3 breakaways or odd man rushes if he did have that extra gear. I thought he was solid all night as well. Nothing fancy, but something this team really needed.

Thought Florek was good too.
Ryan is adjusting to the pro game- and he admits it is hard (this is not the OHL) BUT he is from all accounts making a pretty good transition. He's got a stong family behind him and rooming with Krug (who is older and experienced with this type of life especially away from rink from years in college), and Knight who is one of his best friends he can talk to about this stuff, but also super disciplined and driven.

Hansen has strong hockey sense and the gear is bang on. He and McDermid are a pretty formidable pair on the 3rd or 4th line. I have liked a lot of what he has shown- in reality that entire line with Robins has been very good- they bring energy and the team has played overall well.

Matt Barkowski played a great game last night- really brought a physical game not sure he had. He was impressive in all three zones.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:33 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Frightening, I haven't had the pleasure to see Spooner play other than maybe 2 games in Junior then 1 rookie game last year I believe.

"Savard on steroids", I'm in, has this team needed a Savvy-like presence on that PP since his absence, gawd I hope this kid keeps progressing and fulfills expectations.
yah, he has some major league talent right now; needs to get experience, stronger, better defensively, but if he stays focused, healthy, and determined- yowzaaaaa. He is an absolute PP beast in the making- and he is MOVING around not standing on the half boards, he's like an optical illusion in that he is relatively in the same place but moving around enough to see seems, get the defense out of the box enough, and his hockey sense and talent then take over. Its really been fun to see.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:43 AM
TwistedWristah
Boston Strong

I agree on Bartkowski...good game last night. Also I got there late...is Cohen playing or has he been scratched recently? Didn't see him at all last night.

TwistedWristah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:45 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
I agree on Bartkowski...good game last night. Also I got there late...is Cohen playing or has he been scratched recently? Didn't see him at all last night.
one of my daughter's friends who works there says she was working in the press box and was told that they guys she was dealing with were Luc Robataille and ??? (damn can't remember right now but it was another former NHLer) and she replied, 'I only recognized Colby Cohen sitting there'....so I think he was a healthy scratch.

Old
11-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Ryan is adjusting to the pro game- and he admits it is hard (this is not the OHL) BUT he is from all accounts making a pretty good transition. He's got a stong family behind him and rooming with Krug (who is older and experienced with this type of life especially away from rink from years in college), and Knight who is one of his best friends he can talk to about this stuff, but also super disciplined and driven.

Hansen has strong hockey sense and the gear is bang on. He and McDermid are a pretty formidable pair on the 3rd or 4th line. I have liked a lot of what he has shown- in reality that entire line with Robins has been very good- they bring energy and the team has played overall well.

Matt Barkowski played a great game last night- really brought a physical game not sure he had. He was impressive in all three zones.

Robins, Hanson and McDermid are called the Buzz Saw line.

Check out this article on the Bruins web site: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=645237

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:12 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
yah, he has some major league talent right now; needs to get experience, stronger, better defensively, but if he stays focused, healthy, and determined- yowzaaaaa. He is an absolute PP beast in the making- and he is MOVING around not standing on the half boards, he's like an optical illusion in that he is relatively in the same place but moving around enough to see seems, get the defense out of the box enough, and his hockey sense and talent then take over. Its really been fun to see.
Go figure, some PP success by moving around???

Love hearing it, had many arguements/discussions/disagreements here about a certain someone`s 'effectiveness' by slowing it down on the Bruins PP and why it just doesn`t work

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 10:24 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Robins, Hanson and McDermid are called the Buzz Saw line.

Check out this article on the Bruins web site: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=645237
Came late to the game.. i think i missed robins fight.. but i like that line. There were on the ice for the second goal when svedberg was doing his impression of a civ.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote