HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
So Sportsnet is going to have a special, kinda like HBO 24/7 I'm guessing, about the road to the memorial cup. The first episode is Monday I think, wonder how much we'll see. Could shed some light on Thrower's situation.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Magnus Nygren with a really strong game tonight, 3 assists, +2, 5 shots and 27:59 min (!) in Färjestads 3-6 loss against Växjö.

He is now 1st (tied with Richie Regehr) in defensemen scoring with 15 points in 22 games.
I think you'll see him come to NA next year, might jump right into the NHL like Diaz as he is older than the kids in Hamilton. Habs have a really nice stable of defensemen.

Markov(if he can stay healthy)
Emelin
Subban
Gorges
Diaz
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Ellis
Pateryn
Nygren
Bennett
Dietz
Thrower

Plus more long shot types like St.Denis Weber Didier Sullivan Stejksal. Most of those guys are 19 to 25 so hopefully we have a strong defense at least the next 10 years.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Erik Nystrom is tied for 6th in scoring in the Swedish Junior U20 league...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...it&season=2012

19 GP 7-13-20 +3 32 PIMs

Collberg is playing mostly Allsvenskan(Swedish lower division of Elite League)

8 GP 2-1-3 +1 2 PIMS

He's also played one game U20 and 16 games Elitserien where is not getting big ice time.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Bozon busts his slump with a goal.

Archambault scored twice tonight.

Hudon with an assist.

Kristo has 2 goals.

Walsh scored.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Perhaps something clicked for Olivier Archambault? Anyone watch him? 6 goals 10 points in last 4 games.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

I need to see him keep it up for 20 games before saying that.

Before this hot streak he had gone 4 games without a point.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

I only say it because he's never come close to putting up this many points in such a short amount of games. I think I know why though seeing how 5/6 goals were on the PP. I'm guessing they have worked out a deadly PP setup which no team has a way to stop yet.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Bozon added 2 assists. Nice to see him have a big game against a quality Portland squad.

Dietz with an assist.

Now a 3rd assist for Bozon. Good game for Stephane Leroux to be attending, I presume we'll get a positive Bozon piece within days.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 11-16-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 10:44 PM
CP31

1g 3a through 2 for Bozon

Old
11-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Perhaps something clicked for Olivier Archambault? Anyone watch him? 6 goals 10 points in last 4 games.
I didn't watch him. But Archambault is a pretty inconsistent player. He's my forward version of Robert Mayer. Yet, he does play better and his inconsistencies seems to be somewhat less present, 'cause usually when he didn't score, you didn't see him. While lately, when he doesn't score, you still see him involve in the play.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

North Dakota highlights tonight:

0.56: While not getting any points, MacMillan quite responsible for the ND goal by pressuring the opponent that had the puck, got rid of it and the ND defenceman scored immediately.

2:05: ND goal, Kristo with the open net. Yet, seemed to have hit it in the air. Good hand-eye coordination. And I love to say....I love Corban Knight.

2:35: Your typical Kristo goal. Great speed, deke a d-man, lose the puck, teamates pass it back to him, great wrister.

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal...b_oem_id=13500

Old
11-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
North Dakota highlights tonight:

0.56: While not getting any points, MacMillan quite responsible for the ND goal by pressuring the opponent that had the puck, got rid of it and the ND defenceman scored immediately.

2:05: ND goal, Kristo with the open net. Yet, seemed to have hit it in the air. Good hand-eye coordination. And I love to say....I love Corban Knight.

2:35: Your typical Kristo goal. Great speed, deke a d-man, lose the puck, teamates pass it back to him, great wrister.

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal...b_oem_id=13500
Thanks for the update! Good to hear that Kristo is dominating in the NCAA.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:06 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Yeah but before those 4 games he had a point streak that was almost as long as Bozon's. The thing was they we're all one point games (mostly goals though).

He's been breaking out the multis lately. I haven't seen him play so I really can't comment but stats wise so far, I'm sure he's in the running for a contract.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:39 AM
muzion

Archambault didn't have a great game even though he scored 2 goals, but you have to love the fact both of them were rebounds, and that he is much stronger on his skates and along the boards. I think when he will be surrounded with players of similar skill, he's going to impress a lot of people.

Last edited by muzion: 11-17-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old
11-17-2012, 07:54 AM
onice

If you guys saw Archambault's game last night, you'll understand why he went through a mini scoring slump. The kid has been working on his defensive game and last night shows that he's coming around. Archie is playing in all three zones of the ice.

On numerous occasions he was the first forward for the Volts into the offensive zone and the first forward back in the defensive zone. He skates miles.

I think the Habs management has been trying to develop his two way skills. I like the improvement I've seen from this kid. Although his skating is fast, he is not quick - if you know what I mean. That's probably because his decision making is still a little slow. He would have to improve on that. He needs to be quicker on the ice. And he needs to put on more muscle if he wants to make the NHL.

But he has two-three more years to develop and i see a lot of improvement from last year when he was at camp.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:46 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I only caught half an hour of his previous game and thought he looked good as he was on the ice a lot and was very involved in the play but what stuck out the most was him passing the puck several times. It's been a crazy start to the season, since he is only 4 goals away from last years totals, in half the games so hopefully he can keep it up as it would asure him a contract at some point before June.

Quote:
Bozon added 2 assists. Nice to see him have a big game against a quality Portland squad.
Now a 3rd assist for Bozon. Good game for Stephane Leroux to be attending, I presume we'll get a positive Bozon piece within days.
I watched the game last night and it was a real battle between two high powered teams, was a lot of fun to watch. Bozon's line was dominating as they were all over the place. I loved the play he made in the 3rd on his final assist, it was at the end of a long shift and looked like the play was going to bust but then Bozon makes a nice pass to Smith who makes a nice pass to Lipon for the goal.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of damage the Blazers can do in the dub this year, would love to see them join the Blades at the Memorial Cup. Also going to be interesting to see how much Bozon can progress over the next two years before turning pro. 15 goals already, looks like he shouldn't have much trouble hitting 40+ this year after getting 36 last year.

Quote:
North Dakota highlights tonight
Taped the game and what a treat it was (great night for hockey for me between the 3 games I saw, Hamilton, North Dakota and the Blazers, all were good games to watch) both sides went at it which is to be expected since they are rivals but I got to give credit to UMD as they didn't get down and battled back all night long. Hopefully tonights game is another gem.

Kristo had a strong game, aside from the 2 goals, he had a couple really nice passes that didn't lead to points but one especially while on the point on the PP was a nice fake and a blind pass right onto a teammates stick down low. He also got into it with a UMD player after getting a bit of a cheap shot in the back (more like a shove when he was off balance) I thought he was going to drop the gloves as he fired up but good thing he didn't since it would have meant another suspension. The coaches changed up the lines later in the game so Kristo was put with Grimaldi (talk about a fast line) will be interesting to see if they go back to having him with Knight or not.

I thought MacMillan played well, I was flipping back and forth with the Hamilton game at times even though I had the game on dvr, but he continues to give a strong effort every game always moving his feet and using his speed well.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

Get your Bozon highlights!

http://www.blazerhockey.com/video/in...1ad55b8a2fa03b

Old
11-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I thought MacMillan played well, I was flipping back and forth with the Hamilton game at times even though I had the game on dvr, but he continues to give a strong effort every game always moving his feet and using his speed well.
2 things: Mark seemed to have move up to the 2nd line but chances are he'll remain in the 3rd with the success that Grimaldi has with Caggiula.

Wonder what will be the effect of his bro, Mitch, joining ND in January. Though Mitch's transition in the NCAA hasn't been exactly stellar so far, you wonder what it will do to him to join ND and his bro.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Just sign Lipon now....don't care about the rules.....

Old
11-17-2012, 02:41 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Opinion of a MODO J20 fan:

Nyström's got great speed and skills, but he's also a very selfish players a lot of times. He just hasn't been a very good team player this year, rumored attitude problems too.

Habs Prospects website
Old
11-17-2012, 02:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
2 things: Mark seemed to have move up to the 2nd line but chances are he'll remain in the 3rd with the success that Grimaldi has with Caggiula.
MacMillan has been on the 2nd line all season, Grimaldi has been on the 3rd line.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Opinion of a MODO J20 fan:

Nyström's got great speed and skills, but he's also a very selfish players a lot of times. He just hasn't been a very good team player this year, rumored attitude problems too.
Not good at all for a fringe prospect.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:48 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, I'd rather have a prospect with the necessary skills to be an NHL player but needs to improve his attitude than have all heart guy that has absolutely no shot to make the NHL. Especially for a 6th round pick.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:49 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Has to be some drawback for a 6th rounder with that much skill, right?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Depends. 6th round picks are boom or bust. Time and experience make a big difference. Also if he is insulated by Brisebois, Lapointe et all, he can develop professionalism even if egotistical.

Closed Thread