HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Marlin fans? I've heard Yankee fans more than marlin fans complaining.
That's because one group is a lot larger than the other.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:22 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
That's because one group is a lot larger than the other.
Plus Florida is kinda in a world of their own.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Hi guys.
In other news there's someone outside my university in a red morph suit with a robot head pole dancing on a light.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Hi guys.
In other news there's someone outside my university in a red morph suit with a robot head pole dancing on a light.
dEADMOU5?

Old
11-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
dEADMOU5?
Dunno. Didn't look like it. But it was funny.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:52 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Speaking at the conclusion of the owners' meetings, Selig said Thursday the trade hasn't officially been presented to him. But he said the matter is under review and he talked to two independent baseball people who feel the Marlins did well in the proposed swap.

I guess the real problem is how do you value the salary saved by Florida.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Selig is in bed with Loria. The trade will go through.

Old
11-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Only reason it's taking so long is:

a.) Need to see how this affects the market. They just got a mostly tax player funded stadium last season, and now they are selling all their players (basically) and becoming a 100 loss team. They need to see what happens.

b.) Physicals are taking time because guys aren't in one place. Reyes was in dubai when he found out. Mathis on a hunting trip(possibly for OBP...but who knows).

11-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I have the same concerns with the Alberta mentality ftr. Work till you die, taxes still due, work some more..

But when something like that becomes a sticking point in a negotiation you wonder, for either side, if its a convenient way to back out of a deal. Financially it just doesn't make sense. They specifically said "paid holiday" with no mention of whether she could take leave, sick time, or other time off instead. Which is probably doable.
In the journal this morning it said unpaid holiday not paid holiday. Maybe the 2 weeks were paid but the extra weeks she wanted would not be paid vacation time.

Although my first thought as well was seems like a good way to get out of a job

Old
11-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Jamin

Quote:
I'll agree with you on every account Replacement that the whole thing is pretty pathetic. But in regards to the wife's 2 weeks vacation that is pretty bush league. But welcome to AB, work your life away and don't take any time off. When you do want to take time off we'll let you know when you can. That's the typical AB mentality when it comes to vacation days for employees and letting employees take vacation. Not much accountability there either.

With that said I'm surprised that this great high up job they found her is cheap enough to only offer 2 weeks vacation and weasn't willing to budge. I started with 3 weeks at my job and will get 4 after 3 years.
Totally agree with all of this. Alberta doesnt need to go as far as France but people should get more then 2 weeks of free time while owing the other 50 weeks to a job. By the time housework and chores are done the weekend is already approaching its end. Alot of frazzled and stressed out people in Alberta. Im not surprised to read in the business section that productivity is lagging here compared to other modern west countries

Old
11-15-2012, 11:31 PM
foshizzle

Even scientists don't want to come to Edmonton

lol- found this story amusing...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...190140011.html

Old
11-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

He's a pretentious ass. I suppose that Oxford has that old world, rustic charm and beautiful architecture but it's dreary as hell, as is most of England.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Totally agree with all of this. Alberta doesnt need to go as far as France but people should get more then 2 weeks of free time while owing the other 50 weeks to a job. By the time housework and chores are done the weekend is already approaching its end. Alot of frazzled and stressed out people in Alberta. Im not surprised to read in the business section that productivity is lagging here compared to other modern west countries
Yeah exactly and most people around here know **** all about customer service because well it's Alberta and you don't have much for choices elsewhere.

Like calling around last week for tires once the snow hit. Yeah I'm sure a lot of places got lots of calls last week once the snow hit.

That's no excuse to be a complete ******* over the phone because you can't handle picking up the phone all day and answering questions and booking appointments. Yes I realize calling at the last second once the snow hit that there is likely to be a backlog and a 3-4 week booking timeframe, but just tell me that normally and not all snarky. But hey that's the AB way because your options are limited to an extent.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Jays sign Melky Cabrera to a 2 yr 8mil/yr deal.

LF hole = filled.

AA has been incredible this offseason.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Rigourous physical first

Old
11-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Stoneman89

Not so sure about the Blue Jays having this incredible pitching staff. Sounds like one of the new guys comes in with a medical history, and Buerhle isn't a spring chicken. Romero absolutely sucked last year, and Morrow spends more time in the medical room than the field, so I would say those 2 incumbents are huge question marks for next year.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Meh. I expect a drastic drop in production from Cabrera this season.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post

When I first started reading this, I thought the guy might be getting screwed. After getting to the end, it was confirmed that he's an ass. Good riddance.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Jays sign Melky Cabrera to a 2 yr 8mil/yr deal.

LF hole = filled.

AA has been incredible this offseason.
Pretty high risk signing given what happened last year but I guess it's only a 2 year deal so whatever.

Glad this signing pushes Raji out of being an everyday player. Still wish we had Davis and Snider as utility OFers but if you're fighting over who your utility guys are then there isn't much of an argument.

Only hole left imo is at 2nd. I'd still like to see an upgrade to Lind as well too.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Not so sure about the Blue Jays having this incredible pitching staff. Sounds like one of the new guys comes in with a medical history, and Buerhle isn't a spring chicken. Romero absolutely sucked last year, and Morrow spends more time in the medical room than the field, so I would say those 2 incumbents are huge question marks for next year.
Everything is a question mark until results come in.

However the point is the rotation on paper is a hell of a lot better than what they had in the past. Ricky isn't the go to ace anymore. They won't have rookies fighting it out over the last 1 or 2 top 5 pitching rotation spots in spring training(unless of course some of the guys you listed above experience some injuries). Even then they are a lot deeper now because guys that would have been candidates for starting jobs last year will now all be pushed to the bullpen or will be 1st call ups from the minors if need be.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Meh. I expect a drastic drop in production from Cabrera this season.
Nah players who juiced don't just instantly drop off right away after testing positive. The two-year deal is what makes this a pretty low risk contract. He should still have a couple good years left in him before he experiences the drastic ARod type of drop off.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:20 PM
ales83fan

Say what you will, but the Jays have my attention.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Anyone see Onrait's stache on SC? Lol. That thing is out of control. Looks like someone took a dump on his face. WTG, Jay!

Old
11-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Doc Scurlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Anyone see Onrait's stache on SC? Lol. That thing is out of control. Looks like someone took a dump on his face. WTG, Jay!
I just saw it when I was I buying a new TV and they had Sportscentre on. It's just so weird looking.

Old
11-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Sounds like Reyes and Buehrle are unhappy about the trade to Toronto. Apparently, they had "verbal" no-trade agreements with Loria. Right, take that man at this word. Buehrle also has a pit bull and they're banned in Ontario...

Closed Thread