HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NFL Season - Yes, they actually play games in this league!

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
In case Bradshaw is more hurt than the Giants are saying.
And I guess they still don't trust Wilson, and don't want to go forward with Brown as the primary back.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
got offered RGIII/Mike Williams for Freeman/Julio. also have Andre, Dez, and Kerley at WR

probably going to reject

thoughts?

Old
11-15-2012, 11:52 AM
apice3*

RG3 has been tailing off the last 3 weeks and isn't a huge upgrade over freeman. Williams clearly a downgrade over Jones and I wouldn't bank on Kerley to make up for the lost production.

Old
11-15-2012, 12:05 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I told all those Falcons clowns that Brees is angry and he's going to carry the team to the playoffs. If he could play defense he would.

Hey Matt Ryan, how many playoff wins do you have?
This is the most ridiculous stat that people continue to fall back on when they hate on Matt Ryan.

Amount of playoff wins in first 4 years of career as a starter:
Ryan - 0
Brees - 0
Stafford - 0
Peyton - 0
Tebow - 1
Sanchez - 4

Meaningless stat.

Old
11-15-2012, 10:37 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

lol Miami...at least they can be happy they won their Super Bowl against the Jets a month ago. I can't remember the last time I've seen a team die off a win this badly. Their great offense has been MIA against hideous Titans and Bills defenses the last two weeks

Old
11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

Reggie Bush only gave me 5.5 points. What the ****

Old
11-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
got offered RGIII/Mike Williams for Freeman/Julio. also have Andre, Dez, and Kerley at WR

probably going to reject

thoughts?
Who you got at QB otherwise and who's he got at WR otherwise?

And what's your game look like this week? RG3 is gonna smoke the Birds this week.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
lol Miami...at least they can be happy they won their Super Bowl against the Jets a month ago. I can't remember the last time I've seen a team die off a win this badly. Their great offense has been MIA against hideous Titans and Bills defenses the last two weeks
why in God's name do you keep bringing up "Miami's super bowl?"

do you understand how much of an idiot you sound like? can you tell me when the Jets' super bowl is?

and who in the hell ever said that Miami had a great offense?

Old
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
why in God's name do you keep bringing up "Miami's super bowl?"

do you understand how much of an idiot you sound like? can you tell me when the Jets' super bowl is?

and who in the hell ever said that Miami had a great offense?
Did you not see how much celebrating and gloating they did after the Jet game? Reggie Bush whining like a baby got them all juiced up and you had guys like Incognito whooping it up after the game blowing kisses. They're going the same place we are after the season now...home.

The great offense comment was more a shot at Tanneyhill who you guys had in the Luck/RGIII class after throwing for 400 on a bad Arizona team. Although it is nice to see Bush reverting to his inconsistent Saints form.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

they won a divisional game. sorry taht you cannot handle it, if you are so upset maybe your team should have played better.

you sound like the type of fan that hates the rangers more than he likes the dolphins, am I right?

worry about the Jets. they suck. you have no room to talk **** on other teams in that case.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:18 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

lol I'm just cranky because my teams (Jets and Mets) and the NHL all stink. Not to mention the other Devils message board I post on is basically Finheaven in terms of football talk there.

Believe me, I know how idiotic the Jets are, it's just getting to a point where I'm tired of bagging on them.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:21 AM
CerebralGenesis

Just traded away Bradshaw and Randall Cobb for Trent Richardson in my keeper league. <3

Old
11-16-2012, 06:55 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Soooooo.....How about 'dem Dolphins(again), ZJB?

The same team that my pathetic Jets P@wned like a cheap suit in the beginning of the year beat your "talented" Dolphins team with it's "promising"(yeah sure) QB. Nice.

Like I said before, the only thing the Dolphins have going for them is that Sparano is not their Head coach....although, Philbin isn't doing so hot in his place, huh?

Oh and how about Mr. Reggie "I do not like Buffalo Women" Bush with his STELLAR performance?

Very Shonn Greene-esque on his part. lol.

(oh and if you're thinking of bringing up "Well we're 4-6, the jets are 3-6...dur durr...", dont'. That's like saying "my sh-t smells better than yours")

Old
11-16-2012, 07:02 PM
apice3*

Dude give it a rest with the Dolphins already. You keep talking them down like the Jets are doing any better. Yeah, the team you guys pwned beat his talented Dolphins. His talented Dolphins also beat your pathetic Jets. You can play the merry-go-round game all you want. The Jets are 3-6 and have less of a future than the Dolphins. You're just getting ridiculous now.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post

The same team that my pathetic Jets P@wned like a cheap suit in the beginning of the year beat your "talented" Dolphins team with it's "promising"(yeah sure) QB. Nice.

Like I said before, the only thing the Dolphins have going for them is that Sparano is not their Head coach....although, Philbin isn't doing so hot in his place, huh?

Oh and how about Mr. Reggie "I do not like Buffalo Women" Bush with his STELLAR performance?

(oh and if you're thinking of bringing up "Well we're 4-6, the jets are 3-6...dur durr...", dont'. That's like saying "my sh-t smells better than yours")
what is with all you Jets fans having some kind of obsession with the dolphins? shut the hell up already. you got blown out in the most recent game, sorry you are ******** about it.

maybe you should worry about your own team. if you can't see that the Dolphins are in much better shape going forward than the Jets than I feel sorry for you.

your posts (not only in this thread, on the whole board) are always so full of falsities its embarrassing.

again, you are acting like the type of fan that would rather the Rangers lose than the Devils win. can it already.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Everybody likes to bag on divisional rivals, and even the players get caught up in the rivalry, but this is a bit much. There's really no reason for Jets fans to be obsessed with beating the Dolphins and vice versa, but yet we see it happen.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:29 AM
apice3*

im all for talking trash but when team A loses to team B and team B has a better record than A, team A has no grounds to talk at all

Old
11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
im all for talking trash but when team A loses to team B and team B has a better record than A, team A has no grounds to talk at all
That, and when the teams aren't competing for anything, the idea of even pulling out that tactic is just dumb. The Steelers (6-3) trying to smack talk the Ravens (7-2) if they were to lose is one thing. Those teams are competing for something. When the 3-6 (and quite possibly 3-7 by the end of tomorrow) team's fans are trying to smack talk the 4-6 team (or vice versa)... well the whole thing is just sad.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post

Then allow me to interject as a Broncos fan. The Jets are the laughing stock of the NFL. Deal with it.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

The last quote is pure gold.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
This is the most ridiculous stat that people continue to fall back on when they hate on Matt Ryan.

Amount of playoff wins in first 4 years of career as a starter:
Ryan - 0
Brees - 0
Stafford - 0
Peyton - 0
Tebow - 1
Sanchez - 4

Meaningless stat.
Here is the problem with Ryan though

He is 0-3 and been unimpressive in his playoff career.. And last time the Falcons were the favorite with (13-3) season + HFA they got humiliated

Until he shows he can win in playoffs there will always be doubts

Old
11-17-2012, 11:20 AM
apice3*

wasnt that in his second year? I dont remember. He was still a young guy on an inexperienced team. Now hes beginning to enter his peak with a very good football team. I just cant buy into the falcons being bounced in their first game because thats what happened in their last 3 postseasons.

As a colts fan, i remember them always being written off because peyton couldnt beat new england. Then he did and won the super bowl. Trends are broken all the time.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
wasnt that in his second year? I dont remember. He was still a young guy on an inexperienced team. Now hes beginning to enter his peak with a very good football team. I just cant buy into the falcons being bounced in their first game because thats what happened in their last 3 postseasons.

As a colts fan, i remember them always being written off because peyton couldnt beat new england. Then he did and won the super bowl. Trends are broken all the time.
The 13-3 team that got blown out at home occured during his 3rd season (2nd playoff appearance)

He was pretty terrible thru most of game (He had a INT returned for TD on terrible throw in 1st half). Got most of his production in 4th qtr vs Packers backups

Sure you use Peyton as trend broken ,, How about the futility of the KC Chiefs in playoffs since 1993? 0-5 with several 13-3 teams losing in 1st playoff game

We shall see if this year Falcons are legit or not come playoff time

Old
11-17-2012, 01:05 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Yeah Peyton wasn't so hot in the playoffs early in his career (a home loss to the Titans, among the other games). He had to prove he could win the big one, same as Ryan does now. Until Ryan does, you can't put him among the top five QB's, except in fantasy. He hasn't even had out of sight statistical years until this one.

And we don't hear about Phillip Rivers anymore lol, that's another one people tried to put on the level of the top QB's.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:34 PM
apice3*

im not putting ryan into the top 5. Im just saying his past performances arent really anything to go on. Anything can change any year. Base predictions on the present, not the past. Right now they have the best record in football and have been my super bowl pick since the preseason and i have no reason to back away from that yet.

As for rivers, at one point in time he probably was the #5 qb in the league behind the 4 undisputed elites. He was good for 4000 yards, 25-30 tds, and 10 wins for a solid 2 or 3 seasons. Since then, hes lost LT, jackson, and gates has been banged up. Also his defense his a joke now after being one of the top defenses then.

Closed Thread