HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karel Rachunek

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2003, 11:03 PM
serum114

vCash: 500
Karel Rachunek

Now, John Muckler has been quoted as saying he won't deal any of his young D men, however, Rachunek was a seemingly healthy scratch tonight (good catch speeds) and Sens fans seem to think he would be the one to be moved if Mucks were to shake up the backline.

That being said, he is, IMO, a perfect fit in EDM.

Further to that, the percieved need in Ottawa is a LW with some grit and speed. We seem to have more of those than we can fit in the lineup.

Would a deal built around Rachunek coming in and Chimera (or Izzy) going out a) work based on the management of each team and b) be appealing to either side?

Now, I have no real idea of what Rachunek's current value is, however something like Chimera and a 3rd FOR Rachunek has the right ring to it. Too much? Too little? Barking up the wrong tree?

Personally, I'd like to see him here and am curious what kind of deal would work.

My 2 cents...

PS - The best part would be letting Comrie rot until the Draft

Old
12-08-2003, 11:07 PM
kruezer

I really think if Rachunek were available the Oilers should definetaly go after him. I really have no idea what his value is either though.

Old
12-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Call me crazy but I've always felt Big Georges would be a valuable fit for the Sens. He drives us crazy with inconsistent play but really steps it up in the playoffs. Ottawa could possibly use another big, tough player in anticipating playoff wars with Toronto, Philly, Jersey.

I'm not sure about losing our nuclear deterrent.

Old
12-08-2003, 11:15 PM
serum114

After poking at some stats and recalling his contract hold out (I think it was last season, correct me if I'm wrong), I'd like to drop the 3rd.

Chimera FOR Rachunek.

Thoughts?

Sens fans input greatly appreciated here, I have seen very limited amounts of live ice Rachunek (read: one game) so I have a limited understanding of his game aside from him being decent offensively and a right-hand shot.

Old
12-08-2003, 11:16 PM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
Call me crazy but I've always felt Big Georges would be a valuable fit for the Sens. He drives us crazy with inconsistent play but really steps it up in the playoffs. Ottawa could possibly use another big, tough player in anticipating playoff wars with Toronto, Philly, Jersey.

I'm not sure about losing our nuclear deterrent.
They're pretty stacked on RW though (Hossa, Alfredsson, Havlat) and I don't know whether they'd want to surrender Rachunek just to replace Neil with Laraque on the 4th line...

Old
12-08-2003, 11:31 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i think that Ottawa could be interested in Chimera but thats it IMO, I don't think there's anyone else who they would have from our current roster for Rachunek

Old
12-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Digger12

I think you definitely could make a deal for Rachunek, the question of course being which winger would Muckler want? He nearly had Laraque last year, but for whatever reason it didn't pan out. Is Chimera more to his liking for the left side, or would he insist on Moreau? During the summer I'm sure most people would've gladly given up Moreau for Rachunek, is that still the case now? Personally, I don't think so.

This could all be academic in the morning of course, if Rachunek becomes a Dallas Star. :mad:

Old
12-08-2003, 11:45 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
Chimera FOR Rachunek.
Certainly not enough.
Ottawa has quite enough players like Chimera. Fisher Schaefer and Vermette are three off the top of my head, and i believe all three are (F & S) or will be (V) better than Chimera. OTOH, Rachunek is already a top 4 defenseman, who at 23 still has room to further develop. He is a solid all around player who does a bit of everything well and not truly lacking in any one facet of the game.

On one hand, i see Ottawa and Edmonton as logical trading partners. Edmonton needs D, Ottawa needs LW'ers, preferably gritty. However, the players that Ottawa would ideally want (Smyth, Torres) are not available, and i don't think they are going to settle for Chimera, Horcoff or another bottom line player. Not for Rachunek, at least.

Old
12-09-2003, 12:29 AM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Major undervalue of Rachunek here. He is 23, RHS, Great size, 2-way game-already a top 4 d-man already and has #1 potential. Chimera? Speedy redundant winger with limited upside and has not flourished playing for an ideally-suited Oiler team. Ottawa laughs and doesn't stop laughing at the proposal-ever.

Old
12-09-2003, 01:34 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
glad we oiler fans give you such comedic value Waveburner

ok what's the take Rachunek being on a healthy scratch, was he benched?

Old
12-09-2003, 02:09 AM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Chimera isn't nearly enough to land Rachunek. I don't see him having #1 upside, but he still has good potential and should be a solid top4 Dman. While he is injury prone and all that, his value is still pretty good I would think and while you can try to package a deal for him, it probably wouldn't interest the Sens. They don't have any use for depth really, so they would basically want quality back, even if they were the ones that had to package for it.

Like Voodoo Daddy said, we won't trade Torres or Smyth (their main need), so it's hard to find a deal between these two teams.

Last edited by JJTopper: 12-09-2003 at 02:18 AM.
Closed Thread