HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

What Would Our Record Be If We Were Actually Playing?

Old
11-17-2012, 03:20 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
On another note, why are you here again? I swear as soon as you talk about another teams player, the lurkers come out of the woodwork in about two seconds.
I watch a lot of Leafs games.

To answer the OP's question, I think the Leafs start out hot. Most key players have seen some form of game action. Young speedy team spells trouble for veteran teams, especially those that haven't beeing playing overseas.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:38 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
7-5-2.

We would have done really well in our first four games, then we slide. We'd probably finish with the 4th overall pick (Islanders, Oilers, and BJ's should be worse than us).

But, since we haven't played a game yet, WE'RE JUST AS GOOD AS LA, *****ES!

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Donato
#BarSouth

wait.. when did we get luongo?

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Kingstonian84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
I watch a lot of Leafs games.

To answer the OP's question, I think the Leafs start out hot. Most key players have seen some form of game action. Young speedy team spells trouble for veteran teams, especially those that haven't beeing playing overseas.
This^^^^^. The leafs are a "one and done" type team, their only real weapon is their speed in the offensive zone, if they're given room to skate they are a very dangerous team to play against. However, when teams take away their space by either clogging up the NZ or by laying the body on, the leafs come undone and have no way of fighting back. The leafs aren't big and they lack heart which means they can't dish it back, not to mention they are very weak along the wall which leads to turnovers and them being in their own end which leads to the REAL problem which is lack of defense.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
This^^^^^. The leafs are a "one and done" type team, their only real weapon is their speed in the offensive zone, if they're given room to skate they are a very dangerous team to play against. However, when teams take away their space by either clogging up the NZ or by laying the body on, the leafs come undone and have no way of fighting back. The leafs aren't big and they lack heart which means they can't dish it back, not to mention they are very weak along the wall which leads to turnovers and them being in their own end which leads to the REAL problem which is lack of defense.
Would not Carlyle help with this?

I still say if they can cut back on their GA, they should be fine.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
I think the games were very favourable to the Leafs to start the season. We would have been holding on to the 7th or 8th spot right now if there was a season.

The real trouble starts right around the All Star game...

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Preisst
Party On!!

I'm gonna say 14 - 0 because I can.

Preisst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Kingstonian84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Would not Carlyle help with this?

I still say if they can cut back on their GA, they should be fine.
I think he'll help improve our defensive game, from what I here about the guy he's a stickler for details and for defense first hockey. However, its also up to the players too they need to as a team buy into it for this to work, I still say though we have too many ballerinas on this team, cut some of those guys loose and bring in some gritty players and this should work.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote