HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2680
If the Rangers win the lottery, I won't be that upset since Columbus deserves that pick anyway. If anyone here gets upset, they should stop getting angry about Pittsburgh winning the draft in 2005.

11-16-2012, 07:13 PM
CM PUNK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
If the Rangers win the lottery, I won't be that upset since Columbus deserves that pick anyway. If anyone here gets upset, they should stop getting angry about Pittsburgh winning the draft in 2005.
The lack of logic in this statement makes my brain hurt lol

Old
11-16-2012, 08:05 PM
haveandare

If we lose this year with this absolutely stacked roster, and then have to lose one of Richards/Gabby/Nash/Staal/McD/Girardi due to a lower cap AND end up somehow being awarded a high first that we already gave to Columbus I am just going to lose it.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:35 PM
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
If we lose this year with this absolutely stacked roster, and then have to lose one of Richards/Gabby/Nash/Staal/McD/Girardi due to a lower cap AND end up somehow being awarded a high first that we already gave to Columbus I am just going to lose it.
This roster is not stacked by any sense of the word. Our depth at center looks quite shakey and there's room for improvement at LW. And to be honest, Rupp/Stralman/Boyle/etc would go before any of those guys you mentioned.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
This roster is not stacked by any sense of the word. Our depth at center looks quite shakey and there's room for improvement at LW. And to be honest, Rupp/Stralman/Boyle/etc would go before any of those guys you mentioned.
top 6 is stacked.

the guys mentioned as potential losses are the guys with the big price tags that would make the biggest impact to the cap.

center depth past stepan is shaky offensively, but our top 6 is our big strength and we don't sacrifice our top pairing defense to have it...we have 3 very good top 3 defenseman, and del zotto. our bottom 6 isn't bad by any means, but certainly not good either. defense past the top 3/4 is a little awkward, but we're certainly more stacked than we have been in a decade. more stacked than most--if not all teams in the league are right now. AND we have the best goalie in the world.

there's no doubt that a full-year lockout hurts us more than most teams since we're the best projected team. next year we have the potential of losing a big impact guy to cap, and that will suck.

edit: lw we have hagelin/kreider/nash... that's an extremely strong top 3 lw on any team in the league. rupp is def good at what he does for the 4th. unless callahan is bumped to our 3rd rw and nash plays 2nd rw... we're strong on that side. most teams don't have 'incredible' minor depth.

Last edited by Kreider Typical: 11-16-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 10:13 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
top 6 is stacked.

the guys mentioned as potential losses are the guys with the big price tags that would make the biggest impact to the cap.

center depth past stepan is shaky offensively, but our top 6 is our big strength and we don't sacrifice our top pairing defense to have it...we have 3 very good top 3 defenseman, and del zotto. our bottom 6 isn't bad by any means, but certainly not good either. defense past the top 3/4 is a little awkward, but we're certainly more stacked than we have been in a decade. more stacked than most--if not all teams in the league are right now. AND we have the best goalie in the world.

there's no doubt that a full-year lockout hurts us more than most teams since we're the best projected team. next year we have the potential of losing a big impact guy to cap, and that will suck.

edit: lw we have hagelin/kreider/nash... that's an extremely strong top 3 lw on any team in the league. rupp is def good at what he does for the 4th. unless callahan is bumped to our 3rd rw and nash plays 2nd rw... we're strong on that side. most teams don't have 'incredible' minor depth.
Exactly. Well put.

This team is stacked by the standards of the league and its going to be impossible to keep the big names together as soon as next season and it will definitely be impossible to keep them together the following season cap wise. This would be a really good year to, you know...be played.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
The lack of logic in this statement makes my brain hurt lol
Keep your comments to yourself, if you were me, you'd get an infraction for that.

But seriously, people here criticize the fact that Pittsburgh got the pick in 2005 because they didn't deserve it, correct? If we won this pick (and didn't trade it to Columbus), do you think that we'd deserve it? No, I don't think anyone would think so. So if we got it, we would be no better than Pittsburgh.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Keep your comments to yourself, if you were me, you'd get an infraction for that.

But seriously, people here criticize the fact that Pittsburgh got the pick in 2005 because they didn't deserve it, correct? If we won this pick (and didn't trade it to Columbus), do you think that we'd deserve it? No, I don't think anyone would think so. So if we got it, we would be no better than Pittsburgh.
sure we'd deserve it. we would have just given up a season where we would've been the top contender for the cup. we'd deserve some compensation for that-- what makes columbus any more worthy of it-- the fact that they're the reason we're locked out right now?

Old
11-17-2012, 09:10 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:

but we did trade it and that is the only reason we would win. there is a negative billionty chance that we would win if it was still our pick. hence still better than pittsburgh LOL

Old
11-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
but we did trade it and that is the only reason we would win. there is a negative billionty chance that we would win if it was still our pick. hence still better than pittsburgh LOL
Yes, but we deserved that pick much more than Pittsburgh and yet both of us had an equal chance to get it.

Old
11-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
sure we'd deserve it. we would have just given up a season where we would've been the top contender for the cup. we'd deserve some compensation for that-- what makes columbus any more worthy of it-- the fact that they're the reason we're locked out right now?
Yeah, okay.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Wow, i totally forget we didnt have a first round pick this year, im really going to pissed if there isnt a season now. Because we all know we will land the #1 the year we gave our pick away.

Old
11-17-2012, 06:24 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon1990 View Post
Wow, i totally forget we didnt have a first round pick this year, im really going to pissed if there isnt a season now. Because we all know we will land the #1 the year we gave our pick away.
The odds of that happening are so few and far between. Playoff teams from last year may not even be in the lottery depending on the agreement.

Also, if there's no agreement, there may not be a draft.

Old
11-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
The odds of that happening are so few and far between. Playoff teams from last year may not even be in the lottery depending on the agreement.

Also, if there's no agreement, there may not be a draft.
If it goes by the same format it did last time there was a lockout, which i would assume it would, then we would have a 1/30 shot, same odds as every team.

Old
11-17-2012, 07:22 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon1990 View Post
If it goes by the same format it did last time there was a lockout, which i would assume it would, then we would have a 1/30 shot, same odds as every team.
That's not how it worked in 2005. Teams had 1,2 or 3 balls depending on how often they made the playoffs in the previous years and whether they had the first overall pick. So not all teams had the same odds.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:01 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Looks like Lindberg is back and scored tonight in a 7-0 laugher over Rogle. (That's the best Rogle can do and Spelling is still on the farm team? Really?)

Any word on Fasth, Swedish posters?

Old
11-17-2012, 09:33 PM
NYR Viper

Watching Skjei and Minnesota play Wisconsin right now....

Old
11-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Watching Skjei and Minnesota play Wisconsin right now....
Not getting a ton of ice, but his skating is fantastic.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Yeah, okay.
locked out because of smaller clubs and their inability to succeed financially, but either way. we got nash in return, so it was a fair trade at the time. it's all part of doing business. back on topic.

absolutely awesome to hear that lindberg is back

Last edited by Kreider Typical: 11-18-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old
11-17-2012, 11:12 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Goal and an assist for St. Croix tonight.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:06 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Looks like Lindberg is back and scored tonight in a 7-0 laugher over Rogle. (That's the best Rogle can do and Spelling is still on the farm team? Really?)

Any word on Fasth, Swedish posters?
Glad to hear Lindberg is back!

Fasth was out two weeks with a mild shoulder sprain so he's not back yet, probably after American Thanksgiving.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Skellhell

Lindberg didn't miss any games because of the karjala tournament. The league has a break in the schedule during these type of tournaments. In his 3 games back after the concussion he's scored 2 points, 1+1.
He doesn't seem affected at all, which is good news

Old
11-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellhell View Post
Lindberg didn't miss any games because of the karjala tournament. The league has a break in the schedule during these type of tournaments. In his 3 games back after the concussion he's scored 2 points, 1+1.
He doesn't seem affected at all, which is good news
Got lucky with the national break Good to have him back for sure... tear it up.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:05 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Sick goal by Shane McColgan tonight, who ended up with a goal and an assist. His goal tonight is very similar to Matt Duchene's against the Penguins last year.

http://saskatoonblades.com/video/index/id/1353293949

Old
11-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Sick goal by Shane McColgan tonight, who ended up with a goal and an assist. His goal tonight is very similar to Matt Duchene's against the Penguins last year.

http://saskatoonblades.com/video/index/id/1353293949
Sick goal, but I doubt he will be getting a contract.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I've written him off.

Closed Thread