HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Klaus Catsby, Esquire

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
  #926
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
So, I've already made a list of the movies I want to see next year. lol. Along with the next few weeks.


-Oldboy (2013)
-Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Re: Thor, yes, more Loki please. Tom Hiddleston stole the show in the first movie and almost did in the Avengers had Mark Ruffalo not just owned it.

I love the original Oldboy, so I'm a bit suspect of this. But Spike Lee + Josh Brolin + Samuel Jackson gives me hope that it might decent. A few years ago I remember reading that Steven Spielberg and Will Smith were set to remake Oldboy. That would have been...interesting.

Mr. T is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 01:08 PM
  #927
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
Re: Thor, yes, more Loki please. Tom Hiddleston stole the show in the first movie and almost did in the Avengers had Mark Ruffalo not just owned it.

I love the original Oldboy, so I'm a bit suspect of this. But Spike Lee + Josh Brolin + Samuel Jackson gives me hope that it might decent. A few years ago I remember reading that Steven Spielberg and Will Smith were set to remake Oldboy. That would have been...interesting.
I liked Thor but never went to see the Avengers bc I really don't care for 3D movies.

I don't think a Spielberg/Smith duo would be good for a Oldboy remake. Having Lee/Brolin/Jackson doing it should be awesome.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 01:17 PM
  #928
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
I liked Thor but never went to see the Avengers bc I really don't care for 3D movies.

I don't think a Spielberg/Smith duo would be good for a Oldboy remake. Having Lee/Brolin/Jackson doing it should be awesome.
I saw the Avengers twice, once in 3D and once in 2D. For being shot in 2D, the 3D effects looked nice. Conversely, Thor was also shot in 2D and converted to 3D post production and I thought it looked like ****.

But largely 3D movies have never really done it for me, outside of Avatar. That and Captain Eo. But then again I was like 5 or 6 when I saw that masterpiece.

Mr. T is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:50 PM
  #929
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 34,557
vCash: 500
I want to see Lincoln. I would watch Daniel Day-Lewis in anything.


Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:56 PM
  #930
Mr. T
Registered User
 
Mr. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I would watch Daniel Day-Lewis in anything.
Seriously. I'd probably watch him read the phone book.

Mr. T is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:59 PM
  #931
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I would watch Daniel Day-Lewis in anything.
i just re-watched The Age of Innocence. he was fantastic.

that said i've never been enthusiastic about Spielberg.

Crafton is online now  
Old
11-17-2012, 07:21 PM
  #932
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days
 
bathroomSTAAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **** Mountain
Country: United States
Posts: 10,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I want to see Lincoln. I would watch Daniel Day-Lewis in anything.

Just got back from it. It's ****ing amazing, esp. if you're a history buff, and Day-Lewis just owns it. Possibly his best performance yet.

And the highlight of the movie is actually the congressional scenes which he isn't even in.

bathroomSTAAL is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 07:23 PM
  #933
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days
 
bathroomSTAAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **** Mountain
Country: United States
Posts: 10,183
vCash: 500
I honestly don't get this recent Spielberg revisionism/backlash

Jaws
Close Encounters
Raiders of the Lost Ark
E.T.
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan

Like, you're gonna argue that resume? Come on.

bathroomSTAAL is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 07:31 PM
  #934
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,545
vCash: 500
recent!? i'd say Spielberg backlash has always (and rightfully) existed in spades.


Last edited by Crafton: 11-17-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Crafton is online now  
Old
11-17-2012, 07:31 PM
  #935
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
I saw the Avengers twice, once in 3D and once in 2D. For being shot in 2D, the 3D effects looked nice. Conversely, Thor was also shot in 2D and converted to 3D post production and I thought it looked like ****.

But largely 3D movies have never really done it for me, outside of Avatar. That and Captain Eo. But then again I was like 5 or 6 when I saw that masterpiece.
Avatar is the only movie I cared seeing in 3D, that and Toy Story 3. It just ****s with my eyes too much and my eyes still can't take it even though my concussion symptoms are long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
I honestly don't get this recent Spielberg revisionism/backlash

Jaws
Close Encounters
Raiders of the Lost Ark
E.T.
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan

Like, you're gonna argue that resume? Come on.
I'm just saying for a movie like Oldboy, Spielberg is not that guy.

As for DDL. He is the greatest actor of our time AINEC.

End of Line is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:11 PM
  #936
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,596
vCash: 500
What a night, how i am still alive today? i have no idea. UFC night last night, bought some whiskey, had 3 bottles of it. The group of buddies i was with called the ambulence because i was breathing heavy, eyes rolling in the back of my head, body flailing like i was having a seizure. I get taken to hospital, they send me home without giving me bus fair, so i'm walking down the middle of the HIGHWAY. Cars were beeping, i pretty much didn't give a **** if i got hit by a car and killed, i'm just stumbling down the highway on all the lanes crying. Police pick me up, don't even understand why the hospital booted me out, nor gave me any bus fair. Dad picked me up and drove me home where i puked 8 times.

66-29-33 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:16 PM
  #937
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy
 
Antaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
What a night, how i am still alive today? i have no idea. UFC night last night, bought some whiskey, had 3 bottles of it. The group of buddies i was with called the ambulence because i was breathing heavy, eyes rolling in the back of my head, body flailing like i was having a seizure. I get taken to hospital, they send me home without giving me bus fair, so i'm walking down the middle of the HIGHWAY. Cars were beeping, i pretty much didn't give a **** if i got hit by a car and killed, i'm just stumbling down the highway on all the lanes crying. Police pick me up, don't even understand why the hospital booted me out, nor gave me any bus fair. Dad picked me up and drove me home where i puked 8 times.


Good to hear you're okay but damn. 3 bottles? That ain't right.

edit:

Yeah, how could the hospital send you home? How did they motivate that being a good idea?


Last edited by Antaris: 11-18-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Antaris is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:21 PM
  #938
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 55,128
vCash: 500
That sounds extremely negligent of the hospital.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:25 PM
  #939
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!
 
Dovahkiin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bethel Park,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,464
vCash: 500
This is remarkably catchy


Dovahkiin is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:42 PM
  #940
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,596
vCash: 500
Yeah, i dunno why they did that. I was crying because i had no money, no phone, only a looooooooooong ass walk.

66-29-33 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:46 PM
  #941
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 34,557
vCash: 500
none of your friends thought to go with you to the hospital? whatever, glad you seem to be ok

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:06 PM
  #942
Til the End of Time
Registered User
 
Til the End of Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
so i am thinking about buying my parents a new tv for x-mas.

i am fairly tech-retarded, so i was wondering if any of yall could help me out.

i was thinking of buying them a reasonably priced flat screen TV, and then maybe that apple TV thing for $100 bucks so they could watch netflix on the TV.

but then i keep hearing about smart TVs. could anyone explain what they actually do? my parents are also tech-retarded, so i dont know if they would benefit from a smart TV.

finally, whats the deal with black friday shopping. i literally never spend money on anything, so i am new to this. are the best black friday deals found in stores or online? basically whats my best tactic for getting a cheap decent tv?

many thanks people.

Til the End of Time is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:39 PM
  #943
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Yeah, i dunno why they did that. I was crying because i had no money, no phone, only a looooooooooong ass walk.
Those people are not real friends and the hospital was severely negligent.

End of Line is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:47 PM
  #944
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,859
vCash: 500
I'm still wondering how you drink 3 bottles of whiskey and don't die.

The most I've seen someone personally sit down and drink was a bottle and a half, and he had to be hospitalized.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 04:22 PM
  #945
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 34,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I'm still wondering how you drink 3 bottles of whiskey and don't die.

The most I've seen someone personally sit down and drink was a bottle and a half, and he had to be hospitalized.
I assume they had 3 bottles as a group. but maybe I'm wrong

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 04:59 PM
  #946
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I'm still wondering how you drink 3 bottles of whiskey and don't die.

The most I've seen someone personally sit down and drink was a bottle and a half, and he had to be hospitalized.
They were 375ml bottles. Wisers Canadian Whiskey. Downed them all within 3 hours. Once i start getting drunk i just can't seem to controll myself. I'm stupid that way.

Quote:
I assume they had 3 bottles as a group. but maybe I'm wrong
They all brought their own beer, the whiskey was all mine. 8 of us, tonight it's PPV wrestling, but no whiskey for me.

66-29-33 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:06 PM
  #947
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
so i am thinking about buying my parents a new tv for x-mas.

i am fairly tech-retarded, so i was wondering if any of yall could help me out.

i was thinking of buying them a reasonably priced flat screen TV, and then maybe that apple TV thing for $100 bucks so they could watch netflix on the TV.

but then i keep hearing about smart TVs. could anyone explain what they actually do? my parents are also tech-retarded, so i dont know if they would benefit from a smart TV.

finally, whats the deal with black friday shopping. i literally never spend money on anything, so i am new to this. are the best black friday deals found in stores or online? basically whats my best tactic for getting a cheap decent tv?

many thanks people.
Smart TV's are basically like computers. They have everything. My dad just got a 60 inch 3DTV smart TV from Best Buy. As for Black Friday, it's just a mega sale. I plan to buy an ipad on Friday.

66-29-33 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:37 PM
  #948
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
They were 375ml bottles. Wisers Canadian Whiskey. Downed them all within 3 hours. Once i start getting drunk i just can't seem to controll myself. I'm stupid that way.



They all brought their own beer, the whiskey was all mine. 8 of us, tonight it's PPV wrestling, but no whiskey for me.
So you had pretty much the exact same amount then. My friend did a 750 ml bottle and a half in probably 4 or 5 hours. Not good, hombre. Glad you're OK.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 09:55 PM
  #949
uomfan123
Registered User
 
uomfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Just saw this.


uomfan123 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 10:00 PM
  #950
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 17,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Yeah, i dunno why they did that. I was crying because i had no money, no phone, only a looooooooooong ass walk.
More to the point, how the hell do you remember any of this?

MrBurgundy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.