HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2012, 03:53 PM
  #676
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Has to be some drawback for a 6th rounder with that much skill, right?
Well, he also is under 6' and doesn't have a good shot, so selfish is a worrying thing to hear.

Still is a very interesting player though.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:10 PM
  #677
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Opinion of a MODO J20 fan:

Nyström's got great speed and skills, but he's also a very selfish players a lot of times. He just hasn't been a very good team player this year, rumored attitude problems too.
After watching him 3 or 4 times in J20 this year, I'd say there's some truth to that statement. He skates like the wind, often in circles in the offensive zone and then loses the puck or tries to score himself rather than using his line mates in a better position. I don't think there's anything wrong with his work ethic though. That speed could turn him into a player someday. A loan to an Allsvenskan team would be better for him than junior hockey imo.

joe89 is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 07:05 PM
  #678
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,638
vCash: 500
Interesting quotes about Nygren from the prospects board:

Quote:
He plays 22 minutes per game and some PK too, so yeah. A big step forward I'd say. I think he at least deserves an ELC.
Quote:
Nygren has taken a massive step defensively. He has put on 6-8(can't remember exactly) kilos this summer and has worked alot on all aspects of his defensive play. He even did an open ice hit in the first games of the season, which surprised everyone lol.
He's not as lost in the own half of the rink anymore.

Very big step this year.
Very good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
After watching him 3 or 4 times in J20 this year, I'd say there's some truth to that statement. He skates like the wind, often in circles in the offensive zone and then loses the puck or tries to score himself rather than using his line mates in a better position. I don't think there's anything wrong with his work ethic though. That speed could turn him into a player someday. A loan to an Allsvenskan team would be better for him than junior hockey imo.
It could very well be that he's bored of/overconfident about junior hockey right now.


Last edited by Et le But: 11-17-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Et le But is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 07:44 PM
  #679
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,978
vCash: 500
Nygren sounds like a solid pick. He'll probably get signed.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 08:09 PM
  #680
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Not sure if he's still Habs property, but Olivier Fortier has 14 points in 13 games in the ECHL.

And Diaz has 20 points in 20 games with Zug...

LeMAD is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 08:19 PM
  #681
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Not sure if he's still Habs property, but Olivier Fortier has 14 points in 13 games in the ECHL.

And Diaz has 20 points in 20 games with Zug...
Fortier is no longer under contract with the habs (AHL/ECHL contract) and Diaz continues his progression (on big ice). We'll see if he can bring that offensive talent in a more physical brand of hockey.

Treb is online now  
Old
11-17-2012, 09:21 PM
  #682
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Fortier's still on that Habs prospects site. Said he had 2g and 1a tonight.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 09:27 PM
  #683
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,357
vCash: 597
Kristo and MacMillan appear to be on the same line together tonight with Knight. 1+1 for both so far. Kristo just set-up MacMillan for a goal.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-17-2012, 09:49 PM
  #684
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Fortier's still on that Habs prospects site. Said he had 2g and 1a tonight.
Yes, because he is under contract with the Bulldogs.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 09:55 PM
  #685
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,357
vCash: 597
MacMillan wins it in OT from Kristo!

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-17-2012, 10:04 PM
  #686
ness180
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Looks like North Dakota might've finally found the 3rd man for their top line. Hell of a weekend for MacMillan and Kristo.

ness180 is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 10:13 PM
  #687
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
MacMillan wins it in OT from Kristo!
Hopefully we will be hearing that many a time in the future

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 10:47 PM
  #688
lillypad33
Registered User
 
lillypad33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ness180 View Post
Looks like North Dakota might've finally found the 3rd man for their top line. Hell of a weekend for MacMillan and Kristo.
Kristo and MacMillan highlights.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...clid=205748420

lillypad33 is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 10:55 PM
  #689
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
MacMillan is a thug.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
11-17-2012, 11:00 PM
  #690
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal...b_oem_id=13500

0:33: Kristo scores on a backhand, though we do have to say that it was a weak goal given by the goalie

2:06 Forbort's goal, good assist by MacMillan, nice recognition, nice vision

2:50: MacMillan's goal in an open net, thank god for the tremendous pass by Kristo.

At the end: Great OT goal by the Habs boys, Kristo with a tremendous effort and incredible pass, to MacMillan who's got a tremendous wrister top shelf.

What a night for the boys!

While our d-men prospects are a lot in Hamilton already, our forwards are mostly elsewhere and this game along with other ones are showing it.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 11:11 PM
  #691
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,715
vCash: 500
Where can one find stats for our NCAA prospects?

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 11:26 PM
  #692
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,357
vCash: 597
http://habsprospects.com/

Kristo and MacMillan showed some serious chemistry on the 2 MacMillan goals, wow.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 09:04 AM
  #693
HABS2DCUP
Registered User
 
HABS2DCUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Do you guys think that Kristo has a shot at making the Habs next season without going through the AHL? He is older then most of our other forward prospects and much more ahead in terms of development.

HABS2DCUP is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 10:11 AM
  #694
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,357
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
Do you guys think that Kristo has a shot at making the Habs next season without going through the AHL? He is older then most of our other forward prospects and much more ahead in terms of development.
Unlikely. Going from playing 40-50 games a season to playing 70-80 in the pros is a big jump. Especially for a kid like Kristo who needs to put on 10+ pounds of muscle (at least) to make it in the pros.

He needs some AHL time, IMO.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 11:53 AM
  #695
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,290
vCash: 500
Vail had a pretty weak start last game again. First shift he made a big hit in the off. zone and then disappeared and didn't get much ice time in the 1st compared to the Rychel-HoSang line. He was tentative and his co-ordination was off.

By the 2nd period, he got it together and showed his high acceleration going from end to end with and without the puck. Protected the puck well entering the zone and his passing and receiving was solid at a high pace. Defensively he was engaged physically and with good stickwork. Overall, he needs to be consistent shift to shift and that should come next season.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:59 PM
  #696
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Kristo and MacMillan appear to be on the same line together tonight with Knight. 1+1 for both so far. Kristo just set-up MacMillan for a goal.
They were, MacMillan was moved up from 2nd line center to 1st line LW as the coaches have been moving the lines around trying to find a good fit for the Knight-Kristo duo.

Fun game to watch, both sides went at it physically, another big night for both Kristo and MacMillan.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
Do you guys think that Kristo has a shot at making the Habs next season without going through the AHL? He is older then most of our other forward prospects and much more ahead in terms of development.
No, he needs to work on improving his lower body strength and overall strength. Let's see how he adjusts to the AHL next year and go from there. No need to rush these guys.

Over the weekend Kristo became the active leading scorer in the WCHA when he recorded his 117th point of his career. Kristo leads the team in assists and points, tied for 2nd in goals. Has ppg average in assists, more assists then everyone else has points sans MacMillan and Knight. MacMillan leads the team in goals and 2nd on the team in points.


Last edited by montreal: 11-18-2012 at 01:05 PM.
montreal is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:48 PM
  #697
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
MacMillan is a stud. As evident by those highlights, he's got a great wrist shot. In my limited viewings of him, he doesn't seem to use it enough. If he starts using his shot more and gets stronger, I think we have a very good prospect. He's already got great vision, plays physical, and is a good skater, so if he adds that other dimension to his he could become a legitimate offensive threat.

Nice to see Kristo doing so well too. He's a such a skilled player. It's good that him and MacMillan had chemistry as well, I think that their styles of game would compliment each other.

Tim Bozon had quite an interesting night last night. He got robbed in close on the PP, he roofed the shot but they goalie had a highlight reel save. Later on in the game he out waits the goalie and has the entire top half of the net open and shoots it off the side of the net. Then, in the shootout he has the goalie going the opposite way and right in the front of the open net he shoots it from his backhand in one side of the crease and out the other. Some bad luck for him last night. He had a few more chances too, but just shot the puck wide or lost the handle.

That is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 04:44 PM
  #698
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
MacMillan is a stud. As evident by those highlights, he's got a great wrist shot. In my limited viewings of him, he doesn't seem to use it enough. If he starts using his shot more and gets stronger, I think we have a very good prospect. He's already got great vision, plays physical, and is a good skater, so if he adds that other dimension to his he could become a legitimate offensive threat.

Nice to see Kristo doing so well too. He's a such a skilled player. It's good that him and MacMillan had chemistry as well, I think that their styles of game would compliment each other.

Tim Bozon had quite an interesting night last night. He got robbed in close on the PP, he roofed the shot but they goalie had a highlight reel save. Later on in the game he out waits the goalie and has the entire top half of the net open and shoots it off the side of the net. Then, in the shootout he has the goalie going the opposite way and right in the front of the open net he shoots it from his backhand in one side of the crease and out the other. Some bad luck for him last night. He had a few more chances too, but just shot the puck wide or lost the handle.
The trio of MacMillan/Kristo/Bozon could make quite a line in the near future for the Bulldogs and maybe the Habs later.

S Bah is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
  #699
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,747
vCash: 500
Drummondville vs Chicoutimi

Archimbault 1 assist

Hudon 1 goal 1 assist

Still 10 mins left

CP31 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 06:35 AM
  #700
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
Rating based on hockey futures system rating rules
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/


Defense Prospects Potential:
Potential | Player Name (Age) | League Currently Playing | Draft Round or Provenance | Player Type | Offensive Skills Potential(Offensive Awareness; Skating; Puck Control; Shooting;Passing) - Defensive Skills Potential(Defensive Awareness; Skating; Checking; Aggressiveness)

7.5 D | Nathan Beaulieu (19) 6"03 | AHL | 1st Round | Puck-Moving D
O: 8.0 - D: 6.0
Fast skater with a lot of offensive potential, good puck carrier. Many of you will probably disagree with me on this, but I personally think that Beaulieu will be nothing more than a good AHL player or 6-7th defensemen. I would compare him to Chris Campoli, able to carry the puck with speed, but isn't skilled enough to create scoring chances, average shot, not physical and bad in his own end. However, Beaulieu has a better vision than Campoli.
Beaulieu is bigger and more explosive skater than Campoli. I have graded Beaulieu a future #4 NHL d-man, while Campoli I grade as fringe NHLer.

Mats86 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.