HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2012, 12:21 PM
  #776
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,818
vCash: 500
I think Columbus screwed up Filatov. Who's to say what would have happened if he was drafted by another team and received support and was given top 6 minutes ? He was pretty much Niederreitered his rookie season, made the team, but was put on the 3rd or 4th line. He still wound up scoring an NHL hat trick. I often wondered what would have happened if he had been picked by the Isles, with the Isles picking Petrov later in the draft. I bet Filatov would have made the team like Bailey did. I wonder how he would have done.

That being said, he's only 22, and currently 2nd in scoring on a very low scoring UFA Salavat team. The team leader is 27 and the 3rd highest scorer is 34. I wouldn't write Filatov off just yet.

scott99 is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 12:44 PM
  #777
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I think Columbus screwed up Filatov. Who's to say what would have happened if he was drafted by another team and received support and was given top 6 minutes ? He was pretty much Niederreitered his rookie season, made the team, but was put on the 3rd or 4th line. He still wound up scoring an NHL hat trick. I often wondered what would have happened if he had been picked by the Isles, with the Isles picking Petrov later in the draft. I bet Filatov would have made the team like Bailey did. I wonder how he would have done.

That being said, he's only 22, and currently 2nd in scoring on a very low scoring UFA Salavat team. The team leader is 27 and the 3rd highest scorer is 34. I wouldn't write Filatov off just yet.
5'10 Filatov's lack of size, his lack of physical presence and his soft defense screwed Filatov. Columbus' coaches demanded he work to improve defensively.

Given the choice between working on his game in the AHL and making much more money in the Europe, Filatov went to Europe.

As for his scoring ability, in his current European league...Isles Rhett Rkashani is one of the leading scorers in the SEL right now. WooHoo!

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 03:03 PM
  #778
StumpNYI
Registered User
 
StumpNYI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
McKenzie bases his rankings, on his poll of nhl scouts. He had Reinhart going 4th overall in his final rankings.

And no offense, but do we really care who our armchair gms and scouts want, when most of us have only seen youtube clips and a few predraft tournaments of the players?

In 2008, many of our armchair scouts wanted Filatov.
No offense taken because I don't care. Someone asked me who I thought we should have taken at 4 and I gave my opinion. My point has been completely misunderstood and it's not even worth arguing because after seeing Reinhart myself I am happy with the pick. I think most of us are now. But yeah, that is what we do on the prospect board. We give our opinion on prospects.

StumpNYI is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
  #779
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Saturday Afternoon

Niagara 4, Ottawa 2-Strome, 2 assists, -1, Theoret, 1 assist, -1, Graham even.


Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 11-17-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Degeneration Rex is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 05:22 PM
  #780
Brain Hemorrhage
Registered User
 
Brain Hemorrhage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
I remember a poster on here said before the draft that the Isles wanted Reinhardt and his source was a high ranking Isles scout who likes bbq ribs cookouts.

Brain Hemorrhage is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:38 PM
  #781
seafoam
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,720
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
I remember a poster on here said before the draft that the Isles wanted Reinhardt and his source was a high ranking Isles scout who likes bbq ribs cookouts.
Haha I remember that too!

seafoam is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:51 PM
  #782
Wanderson
Registered User
 
Wanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
Strome got 41 points in 23 games. Not bad.

Wanderson is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 07:14 PM
  #783
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Haha I remember that too!
I remember that too. Whoever that poster was, he's got some street cred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderson View Post
Strome got 41 points in 23 games. Not bad.
Meh, I'm expecting more.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 08:42 PM
  #784
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Saturday Night

Erie 3, Guelph 2 (SO)-Pelech, 1 assist, -1, Pedan, + 1.
Prince Albert 4, Edmonton 3 (OT)-Reinhart, 1 assist, + 1.
Denver 6, Colorado College 2-Mayfield, 1 assist, + 1.
Spokane 3, Seattle 1-Kichton, even.


Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 11-18-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Degeneration Rex is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 09:26 PM
  #785
periferal
Registered User
 
periferal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I remember the same. There was some talk from McKenzie that the Oilers were considering taking Reinhart #1 overall. It made sense considering their need for a big time defense prospect and the fact that Reinhart plays like right there so you have to think they were very familiar with him.

I wanted Forsberg, but Reinhart was ranked #4 and Button called it (I'm not a fan of his, but he did call Strome the year before). Considering all factors, Reinhart was a very good pick AND he was pretty much the BPA at #4 according to McKenzie and Button. I know that the Draft is all about hyperbole, I did hear from one of those guys that big Griff could be the best player in the draft class when it's all said and done. I hope they are right and these guys are not Internet armchair GM's like all of us.

Reason #293,759,018 that you're not running a legit professional sports franchise...

Craig Button is predicting your moves.

periferal is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:01 AM
  #786
seafoam
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,720
vCash: 50
I checked Buttons mock draft and he didn't have us taking Reinhart, I might have been looking at the wrong list though.

seafoam is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:07 AM
  #787
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 23,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I checked Buttons mock draft and he didn't have us taking Reinhart, I might have been looking at the wrong list though.
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9832

Looks like Reinhart was a McGuire pick

boredmale is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 10:48 AM
  #788
seafoam
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,720
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9832

Looks like Reinhart was a McGuire pick
Thanks

seafoam is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:52 PM
  #789
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Sunday

Kingston 5, Niagara 4 (SO)-Strome, 2 assists, -1, Graham, 1 assist, +1, Theoret, 1 assist, -1.
Rouyn-Noranda 6, Cape Breton 2-Leduc, -1.


Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 11-18-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Degeneration Rex is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 05:33 AM
  #790
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
EUROPE:
- John Tavares has 7-11-18, 10 PM and a 0 rating in 14 games for SC Bern
- Mark Streit has 4-8-12, 10 PM and a +3 in 18 games for SC Bern
- Michael Grabner has 9-8-17, 0 PM and a +4 in 13 games for Villacher SV
- Frans Nielsen has 1-13-14, 8 PM and a +7 in 14 games for Lukko Rauma
- Andy MacDonald has 1-4-5, 4 PM and a -3 in 12 games for Karlovy Vary.
- Lubomir Visnovsky has 4-7-11, 10 PM and a +2 in 16 games for Slovan Bratislava.
- Josh Bailey has 1-4-5 with 2 PM in 3 games for Bietigheim-Bissingen.
- Rick Dipietro is 0-1-0 with a 3.03 GAA in 1 game for SC Riesersee.

- Mikko Koskinen is 9-6-6 with a .915 save percentage and 2.05 GAA in 21 games for KaiPa.
- Jesse Joensuu has 11-13-24, 67 PM and a +11 in 20 games for Ässät Pori.
- Ville Pokka has 2-3-5, 2 PM and a 0 in 16 games for Karpat.
- Kirill Petrov has 5-3-8, 14 PM and a +8 in 22 games for Kazan AK.
- Rhett Rakhshani has 9-10-19, 14 PM and a +9 in 21 games for HV71.
- Mark Katic has 1-5-6, 14 PM and a +7 in 15 games for the Eisbären Berlin.
- Justin Dibenedetto has 6-16-22, 18 PM and a -3 in 21 games for Salzburg EC.
- Tony Romano has 7-10-17, 4 PM and a +5 in 21 games for the Vienna Capitals.

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:01 AM
  #791
Juzmo
Hello
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: here
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,264
vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
- Jesse Joensuu has 11-13-24, 67 PM and a +11 in 20 games for Ässät Pori.
Injured his hand on Saturday against JYP and will be out for the next 2 months.

Juzmo is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:09 AM
  #792
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
EUROPE:
- John Tavares has 7-11-18, 10 PM and a 0 rating in 14 games for SC Bern
- Mark Streit has 4-8-12, 10 PM and a +3 in 18 games for SC Bern
- Michael Grabner has 9-8-17, 0 PM and a +4 in 13 games for Villacher SV
- Frans Nielsen has 1-13-14, 8 PM and a +7 in 14 games for Lukko Rauma
- Andy MacDonald has 1-4-5, 4 PM and a -3 in 12 games for Karlovy Vary.
- Lubomir Visnovsky has 4-7-11, 10 PM and a +2 in 16 games for Slovan Bratislava.
- Josh Bailey has 1-4-5 with 2 PM in 3 games for Bietigheim-Bissingen.
- Rick Dipietro is 0-1-0 with a 3.03 GAA in 1 game for SC Riesersee.

- Mikko Koskinen is 9-6-6 with a .915 save percentage and 2.05 GAA in 21 games for KaiPa.
- Jesse Joensuu has 11-13-24, 67 PM and a +11 in 20 games for Ässät Pori.
- Ville Pokka has 2-3-5, 2 PM and a 0 in 16 games for Karpat.
- Kirill Petrov has 5-3-8, 14 PM and a +8 in 22 games for Kazan AK.
- Rhett Rakhshani has 9-10-19, 14 PM and a +9 in 21 games for HV71.
- Mark Katic has 1-5-6, 14 PM and a +7 in 15 games for the Eisbären Berlin.
- Justin Dibenedetto has 6-16-22, 18 PM and a -3 in 21 games for Salzburg EC.
- Tony Romano has 7-10-17, 4 PM and a +5 in 21 games for the Vienna Capitals.
I'll probably get ripped for this, but I was hoping for even more from JT in Switzerland, I was hoping for more domination. Seguin is tearing it up in the same league. 28 points in 17 games.

scott99 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:11 AM
  #793
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Injured his hand on Saturday against JYP and will be out for the next 2 months.
DAMN !!. Even with the lockout the Islander's have injury problems. Joensuu was having another excellent season in Europe.

scott99 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:35 AM
  #794
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Friday Night, NHL Network, 9PM, WHL

Moose Jaw at Edmonton (Reinhart).

Degeneration Rex is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:49 AM
  #795
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I'll probably get ripped for this, but I was hoping for even more from JT in Switzerland, I was hoping for more domination. Seguin is tearing it up in the same league. 28 points in 17 games.
Seguin > Tavares.

blinkman360 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:53 AM
  #796
leeroggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,239
vCash: 500
Good Thing We Didn't Trade All Our Picks For Murray!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409748

Looks like Murray also has the CDH disease!!


leeroggy is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:56 AM
  #797
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Seguin > Tavares.
Basically this. We all know JT wouldve gone 3rd after Seguin and Hall.
























isles31 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:57 AM
  #798
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409748

Looks like Murray also has the CDH disease!!

Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia? That sounds painful!

isles31 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 10:11 AM
  #799
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409748

Looks like Murray also has the CDH disease!!

Three things after seeing this:

1. He has a ways to go before he reaches CDH disease...

2. I really, really, really feel bad for CBJ. I would obviously love for the Isles to get a top pick in the next draft, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Columbus get a couple of top-5 or 10 picks, including a shot at MacKinnon or Jones.

3. If Reinhart wasn't already a lock for the WJC, I'd say he is now...

blinkman360 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
  #800
Riddick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
How's that guy who was picked last overall in last years draft doing? He was regarded as being a top talent but then fell off hugely?

Riddick is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.