HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2012, 03:10 PM
ohnoeszz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
The defensemen and dumb turnovers are what piss me off the most. I try to make an outlet pass out of the zone and most of the time the computer players on the other team will make a stupid lucky pokecheck (sometimes facing the wrong way) and I turn the puck over. This then leads to my defensemen really sucking at switching from skating forward to backwards and getting completely beat giving my opponent a 1 vs 1 with the goalie. The "new" goalies make me angry this year too. Sometimes a guy who completely sucks (AHL back up, European Goalie, Junior, etc.) stands on his head most of the game while my starter (Usually Halak) makes really stupid pokechecks a lot, comes out of his net and gets scored on, or lets a soft one in. There are way too many flaws with the game this year
Do you use the normal pass or the saucer pass to outlet? That's one thing that helps me against the poke checking.

My team right now:
Erikson(A)-Backstrom-Hossa
Sharp-E.Staal-Ryan
Steen-Bergeron-Bourque
Raymond-Helm-Parenteau

Edler(C)-Burns
Hamhuis(A)-Erhoff (RD)
Markov-Bogosian

Ward
Schneider

Forwards are all Stl and defensemen/goalies are all Van. Very happy with it. Just want to get Kesler to slide Staal to wing and bump Sharp to the third. After that replace Backstrom with Duchene and that's about it besides saving up for Sotw upgrades for Edler and others.

What is everyone else's roster?

Old
11-17-2012, 03:53 PM
robis1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
Do you use the normal pass or the saucer pass to outlet? That's one thing that helps me against the poke checking.

My team right now:
Erikson(A)-Backstrom-Hossa
Sharp-E.Staal-Ryan
Steen-Bergeron-Bourque
Raymond-Helm-Parenteau

Edler(C)-Burns
Hamhuis(A)-Erhoff (RD)
Markov-Bogosian

Ward
Schneider

Forwards are all Stl and defensemen/goalies are all Van. Very happy with it. Just want to get Kesler to slide Staal to wing and bump Sharp to the third. After that replace Backstrom with Duchene and that's about it besides saving up for Sotw upgrades for Edler and others.

What is everyone else's roster?
Mine right now is
Sharp(A)-Kane(A)-Voracek(C)
Vanek-Roy-Pominville
Korpikoski-Hudler-Setoguchi
Morrow-Stoll-Ryder

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Girardi
Meszaros-White

Lehtonen
Crawford

It isn't one of the best rosters out there but it gets the job done and i'm saving up for Hossa and Toews right now to collect Chicago.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:02 PM
hb11xchamps

My roster right now. Obviously going to upgrade certain spots but I really like it.

J.Carter (C)-Plekanec-Grabner
A.Kostitsyn-Stastny-Radulov (Will be upgraded)
Landeskog-Vermette-Simmonds
Raymond-Cogliano-Helm (Such a fast line)

Ehrhoff-Meyers
Edler-Carlson
Staal-Hedman

Old
11-17-2012, 04:36 PM
deanerboy

My Roster on PS3

SOTW Tanguay (C)- Gretzky LA- Nathan Horton
David Booth- Mike Richards- Jeff Skinner
Brandon Dubinsky- Derek Roy- Brandon Sutter
Marty Straka- John Tavares- Viktor Stalberg

Duncan Keith-Kris Letang
Jack Johnson- Brent Burns
Ryan Mcdonough- Dmitri Kulikov

Cam Ward
Roman Malek

Old
11-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Latz

Hall-Duchense-havlat
Kane-Getzlaf-Ryan
Booth-kesler-landeskog
Hartnell-RNH-Clutterbuck

JJ-EJ
Mcdonagh-burns
Vlasic-Boyle

Lehtonen
Pavelec

Need to upgrade my backup goalie. I got 90k in pucks and need to find some deals on a Giroux/towes or myers

Old
11-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Psyfer
Thrashers forever

Didnt realize SOTW Benn was worth that much put up for 65k and already up to 120k after 5 min, has been such a disappointing card since I got in a pack a few weeks ago.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Anyone want to buy JVR off me? You can have him for 4K.

Everyone's posting their lineups... might as well post mine!

Max Pac - Bergeron - Skinner
Heatley - Fisher - Tavares
Versteeg - Wilson - Havlat
AHL scrub - AHL scrub - AHL scrub

Kronwall - Karlsson
Hamhuis - Myers
Gonchar - Hedman

Mason
Lindback

I really need an upgrade in goal, Mason has been awful lately. I also want a better second/first line center. I could use Tavares at center, but I prefer him as a winger in this game.

On that note, I'm specifically looking for a good right-handed center since all my top six wingers are lefties. The only guy I can think of right now is Kesler, but I don't really like him. I'm thinking Spezza... but I'd like some other suggestions too.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:31 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Patrick Marleau - Jason Spezza(A) - Martin Havlat
Jamie Benn - Eric Staal - Nathan Horton
Milan Lucic - Anze Kopitar - Jarome Iginla(C)
James Neal - Mike Ribeiro - Shane Doan(A)

Brian Campbell - Erik Johnson
Marc Staal - James Wisniewski
Oliver Ekman Larsson - Brent Seabrook

Miikka Kiprusoff
Antti Niemi

Last edited by JurassicTunga: 11-18-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Yushkevich36

Finally got my team to where i want it this week getting zetterberg for 60k and perry for 35k.

Zetterberg-Kesler(c -21k)-Kessel(a -30k)
Hall(31k)-Gretzky (sc edition)-Perry
Kane(10k)-Getzlaf(11k)-Ryan(15k)
Landeskog(3k)-Duchene(29k)-Pavelski(850 1hrmark)

Phaneuf(a -20k) Burns (9k)
Suter (7.5k) Doughty (20k)
Keith (16k) Weber (23k)

Sotw Brodeur (15k)
Ward is penciled in here for now b/c i picked him up this week for 21k but i may switch him out for someone like sotw varlamov who can be trained to 99 for playoffs like someone else on here has talked about or someone i prefer more personally. I figure the goalies in the 89-91 range all give you a good chance so you may as well use your favourites.

I got this team without buying any packs with real money got a couple with pucks at the start, got crap and only played the market since. I have most of these guys because i got steals (nowadays anyways) on them or others and then flipped for em. I put a few prices on here beside some guys to show what a paid and how much the market has changed.

This team is a blast to use, 98 chemistry. Only line that isnt 99 is Getzlafs but I like playing with those guys. Any suggestions, tweaks i should make, switch c or a's? Duchene is a beast would love to try some sotws of these guys.

Cheers

Old
11-17-2012, 07:05 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

P.K. Subban up for 18k (Xbox)

Old
11-17-2012, 07:19 PM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by robis1221 View Post
Mine right now is
Sharp(A)-Kane(A)-Voracek(C)
Vanek-Roy-Pominville
Korpikoski-Hudler-Setoguchi
Morrow-Stoll-Ryder

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Girardi
Meszaros-White

Lehtonen
Crawford

It isn't one of the best rosters out there but it gets the job done and i'm saving up for Hossa and Toews right now to collect Chicago.
How has Lehtonen done for you? Hossa is well worth it btw.

Also for anyone inquiring about the grabner - too late. He's replaced Bobby Ryan in my lineup because Ryan kept killing rushes with a lack of speed. I had originally gotten Ryan for his bulk but Staal has proven to be a more physical player on the puck so I don't think i need a PWF. I plan to sell Ryan, play the market a bit and get a Kesler.

Old
11-17-2012, 07:23 PM
great1

Michalek SOTW - Spezza SOTW - Iginla SOTW
D. Sedin - Crosby - Hossa SOTW
Selanne SOTW - Vermette - Havlat
Nugent-Hopkins - Fisher (A) - Alfredsson (C)

Chara SOTW - Karlsson SOTW
Campbell SOTW - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - D. Boyle

Hasek

Old
11-17-2012, 07:33 PM
robis1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
How has Lehtonen done for you? Hossa is well worth it btw.

Also for anyone inquiring about the grabner - too late. He's replaced Bobby Ryan in my lineup because Ryan kept killing rushes with a lack of speed. I had originally gotten Ryan for his bulk but Staal has proven to be a more physical player on the puck so I don't think i need a PWF. I plan to sell Ryan, play the market a bit and get a Kesler.
Lehtonen is pretty good online, but he can let in some bad goals offline.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:17 PM
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by great1 View Post
Michalek SOTW - Spezza SOTW - Iginla SOTW
D. Sedin - Crosby - Hossa SOTW
Selanne SOTW - Vermette - Havlat
Nugent-Hopkins - Fisher (A) - Alfredsson (C)

Chara SOTW - Karlsson SOTW
Campbell SOTW - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - D. Boyle

Hasek

Unreal. I love that Michalek, Spezza and Crosby.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:53 PM
tututooter21

SOTW M.Moulson and J.Staal!
Pucks or trade! PM me
PS3

Last edited by tututooter21: 11-17-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 09:04 PM
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
SOTW M.Moulson and J.Staal!
Pucks or trade! PM me
I'm interested in both. What're Staal's stats like?(There are none on PS3, if you are on PS3?).

Old
11-17-2012, 09:34 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Word

Im starting to dislike this game more and more. I just wanna record every boneheaded move from a defenseman, every stupid ******** goal, every time the computers just wreck me without having any momentum, and just send it to EA

And the funny thing is EA said they fixed the AI but its honestly so much worse. I kind of miss 12 right now.

Idk I hate people that just complain about this game, but I really love to hate this game, love to hate this game.

I want a hockey game that feels like real hockey... I want it to be easier to score from cycling the puck, more and BETTER rebound goals, make it harder to just weave out of the way of hits, more 5-hole goals, etc.

Also one thing they said in this game is that you will feel a huge difference between players, but I dont. Like when I have Nick Backstrom, or Claude Giroux, or Henrik Sedin, or any other sick play maker, I want to feel like I can pass better... I feel like play makers are useless because it is SO DAMN HARD to get passe through traffic. And even if you do, even if you have Alex Ovechkin or Selanne or someone great at finishing plays, he will just flub the puck and whiff.

But I agree with CowenFan, its kind of funny, I try so hard to get these elite players on HUT, and yet guys like Peverley and Kulikov and Steen score more often than my actual really expensive players. Its just kind of silly (maybe its cause im not that good at this game haha)

I really hope a new developer starts making NHL games.
I agree with all of this. With the whole "feeling a difference between players" thing, I also agree. I mean, you CAN feel a difference in some players, but it's like it has to almost be a complete extreme to do so, like sometimes my SOTW Zetterberg is literally IMPOSSIBLE to knock off the puck, he could be dead tired on red and still be just running **** in the corners and cycling and intercepting passes and everything, but there are other players who are really good, who you sometimes can't tell the difference between them and some average to below average guy, other than when you spam the speed burst, the faster guy gets around the defenseman easier.

They could make players feel different, and do it organically, simply by making a better AI and having players be where they're supposed to be, and not by having 90% of the goals scored be off of some wacky idiotic bounce or something. When there are so many wild cards and just ridiculously wacky stuff going on, of course everyone's going to feel similar and stats aren't going to reflect attributes.

I don't think any of these gripes are unwarranted, I face palm just as much when I win, as I do when I lose. I HATE scoring off of a weak backhand from the blue line, unscreened, five hole. I literally go "Jesus christ that's horrible". Just once, I'd love for someone to hand me my ass LEGIT, and not because the AI has no idea where to be, or off of some stupid weak ass goal. I can't control every single player on the ice, it's like I'm playing with guys who have literally never watched a game of hockey in their lives, nevermind are the best in the world, and that's just not right.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:59 PM
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
I agree with all of this. With the whole "feeling a difference between players" thing, I also agree. I mean, you CAN feel a difference in some players, but it's like it has to almost be a complete extreme to do so, like sometimes my SOTW Zetterberg is literally IMPOSSIBLE to knock off the puck, he could be dead tired on red and still be just running **** in the corners and cycling and intercepting passes and everything, but there are other players who are really good, who you sometimes can't tell the difference between them and some average to below average guy, other than when you spam the speed burst, the faster guy gets around the defenseman easier.

They could make players feel different, and do it organically, simply by making a better AI and having players be where they're supposed to be, and not by having 90% of the goals scored be off of some wacky idiotic bounce or something. When there are so many wild cards and just ridiculously wacky stuff going on, of course everyone's going to feel similar and stats aren't going to reflect attributes.

I don't think any of these gripes are unwarranted, I face palm just as much when I win, as I do when I lose. I HATE scoring off of a weak backhand from the blue line, unscreened, five hole. I literally go "Jesus christ that's horrible". Just once, I'd love for someone to hand me my ass LEGIT, and not because the AI has no idea where to be, or off of some stupid weak ass goal. I can't control every single player on the ice, it's like I'm playing with guys who have literally never watched a game of hockey in their lives, nevermind are the best in the world, and that's just not right.
I love that you totally get my Chel life. I used to spaz out so damn hard and still do sometimes and I broke so many controllers and other things spazzing out on sh***y wins/goals. But i've tried to be calm and now that I know it happens to everyone(I should've known this) I am not as mad(or as mad as I used to be). I didn't/don't understand why I spaz so much when I lose on a HUT game compared to a EASHL Club/Team game. I rarely spaz on the game other than HUT. Maybe becuase it's the only 5 player team I'm playing with. I'm sure it's normal to be pi**ed at the 5 V controlling game.

I really hope NHL14 is ALOT better.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:59 PM
tututooter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
I'm interested in both. What're Staal's stats like?(There are none on PS3, if you are on PS3?).
Yea Ps3 pm me

Old
11-17-2012, 10:01 PM
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR

Quote:
Yea Ps3 pm me
Gamertag? Same as here?

I'm SenzFan2.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:13 PM
tututooter21

Kovalchuk-Duchene-________
_________-Kesler-_________
_________-Stoll-_________
________-________-________

Keith-_______
Bouwmeester-______
________-________

________
________

Fill in the blanks for me if you are bored and want to help me out. (This is what I want my final team to be like, players in are ones I for sure want)

Here's my idea right now

Kovalchuk-Duchene-Cole
Booth-Kesler-Pominville
Ladd-Stoll-Kulemin
Umberger-Laich-Brouwer

Keith-E.Johnson
Bouwmeester-Seabrook
Hamhuis-Larsson

Lehtonen
Varlamov
This should cost me about 230k according to this (Prices are lower because this was made about 1 month ago, since prices are higher because there isnt a mega deal out. Ill buy the players when the prices are down)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FpQUmtUSS1lNWc

So either I want it to be less than 250k, while having the best team possible! Thank you in advance!

Old
11-17-2012, 10:14 PM
tututooter21

Quote:
Gamertag? Same as here?

I'm SenzFan2.
Yea its tututooter21, but pm on HF, I wont be on my ps3 til tomorrow evening

Old
11-17-2012, 10:20 PM
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR

Quote:
Kovalchuk-Duchene-________
_________-Kesler-_________
_________-Stoll-_________
________-________-________

Keith-_______
Bouwmeester-______
________-________

________
________

Fill in the blanks for me if you are bored and want to help me out. (This is what I want my final team to be like, players in are ones I for sure want)

Here's my idea right now

Kovalchuk-Duchene-Cole
Booth-Kesler-Pominville
Ladd-Stoll-Kulemin
Umberger-Laich-Brouwer

Keith-E.Johnson
Bouwmeester-Seabrook
Hamhuis-Larsson

Lehtonen
Varlamov
This should cost me about 230k according to this (Prices are lower because this was made about 1 month ago, since prices are higher because there isnt a mega deal out. Ill buy the players when the prices are down)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FpQUmtUSS1lNWc

So either I want it to be less than 250k, while having the best team possible! Thank you in advance!
I'd suggest getting Hall, Karlsson, Spezza, and some fast players like Grabner, Havlat, Helm, Cogliano, Raymond, Lombardi ect..

My 4th line is Raymond-Helm-Cogliano, works wonders.

Quote:
Yea its tututooter21, but pm on HF, I wont be on my ps3 til tomorrow evening
Okay, will do.

Last edited by JaredCowenFan: 11-17-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 10:57 PM
tututooter21

Quote:
I'd suggest getting Hall, Karlsson, Spezza, and some fast players like Grabner, Havlat, Helm, Cogliano, Raymond, Lombardi ect..

My 4th line is Raymond-Helm-Cogliano, works wonders.

Okay, will do.
Yea I really want Spezza and Karlsson, but I'll probably have to wait til after Christmas if I get some PSN points and hope I get a good player in a pack that i can sell for a lot so I can buy them, or of i get a good steal, Id like Hall but hes going for like 40k so Ill wait on him too

Old
11-17-2012, 11:31 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
I love that you totally get my Chel life. I used to spaz out so damn hard and still do sometimes and I broke so many controllers and other things spazzing out on sh***y wins/goals. But i've tried to be calm and now that I know it happens to everyone(I should've known this) I am not as mad(or as mad as I used to be). I didn't/don't understand why I spaz so much when I lose on a HUT game compared to a EASHL Club/Team game. I rarely spaz on the game other than HUT. Maybe becuase it's the only 5 player team I'm playing with. I'm sure it's normal to be pi**ed at the 5 V controlling game.

I really hope NHL14 is ALOT better.
Yeah I used to get mad, now I'm just like "Well, I was expecting that, I knew what was going to happen going into it, so..." It's a legitimate shock when I have a good, competitive game vs someone, with lots of realistic plays and stuff.

Closed Thread