HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

AHL Amerks at B-Sens Sat Nov 17 7:05PM ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2012, 09:26 PM
  #26
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,706
vCash: 100
I haven't been able to actually watch any Amerks games this year but from what I gather they are basically unwatchable when Hodgson is out of the line-up. Is that a fair assessment? There seems to be so many similarities to the Sabres right down to the head coach.

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:49 PM
  #27
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I haven't been able to actually watch any Amerks games this year but from what I gather they are basically unwatchable when Hodgson is out of the line-up. Is that a fair assessment? There seems to be so many similarities to the Sabres right down to the head coach.
Pretty fair. There's no offensive creativity without Hodgson. And they don't have a defense to bail them out when they can't score.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:50 PM
  #28
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I haven't been able to actually watch any Amerks games this year but from what I gather they are basically unwatchable when Hodgson is out of the line-up. Is that a fair assessment? There seems to be so many similarities to the Sabres right down to the head coach.
That is not a fair assessment.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:23 AM
  #29
SabresBillsBuffalo
Registered User
 
SabresBillsBuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 3,451
vCash: 500
90 shots the past two games? Gotta bury.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:07 AM
  #30
Ralonzo
Я хочу!
 
Ralonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,679
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
The Amerk that really stood out to me was TJ Brennan. Looked very fluid out there.
Standouts for me were Biega and Foligno. Foligno just does nifty things that you would not expect from such a physically dominant player. In that sense he reminds me of a Bertuzzi-type - what we were originally hoping from Kassian.

To a lesser extent Pysyk, Rankin and Varone.

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:37 PM
  #31
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Standouts for me were Biega and Foligno. Foligno just does nifty things that you would not expect from such a physically dominant player. In that sense he reminds me of a Bertuzzi-type - what we were originally hoping from Kassian.

To a lesser extent Pysyk, Rankin and Varone.
How was Flynn? I heard some of his play lead to a goal or 2 against? But then he did exend his point streak to 7 games.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
  #32
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,301
vCash: 666
The three times Girgensons was put on his back are in these highlights; none of the Amerks goals though, just the GA:


Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:41 PM
  #33
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,301
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
How was Flynn? I heard some of his play lead to a goal or 2 against? But then he did exend his point streak to 7 games.
He lost the draw on the first goal = no big deal. However, on the third GA, his pass was nowhere near McNabb at the left point and led to Grant's SH breakaway and GWG.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
  #34
AmerksPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
He lost the draw on the first goal = no big deal. However, on the third GA, his pass was nowhere near McNabb at the left point and led to Grant's SH breakaway and GWG.
Flynn was not on the ice for the 1st goal against, I believe Varone got caught out there on an icing and couldn't change. The GWG he made a bad pass out to the point which the Binghamton guy tipped past Mcnabb as was off to the races. Again, nothing from Mancari - for the amount of ice he gets, doesn't get anything accomplished.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
  #35
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,301
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
Flynn was not on the ice for the 1st goal against, I believe Varone got caught out there on an icing and couldn't change.
Well, according to the stat sheet, you're right. It looks Varone was caught out between Foligno and Rankin on that draw. Still, I'm fairly certain Stevens called it as Flynn which is why I posted it as such; in fact, he's been inaccurate on a bunch of calls lately. AHL Live ≠ high res and the replays are severely lacking, but that's nothing new.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:26 PM
  #36
AmerksPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Well, according to the stat sheet, you're right. It looks Varone was caught out between Foligno and Rankin on that draw. Still, I'm fairly certain Stevens called it as Flynn which is why I posted it as such; in fact, he's been inaccurate on a bunch of calls lately. AHL Live ≠ high res and the replays are severely lacking, but that's nothing new.
I actually think it was Rankin who took the draw (was on his backhand), if i remember correctly.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:28 PM
  #37
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500


Highlights that actually show goals from both teams.

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.