HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

AHL Amerks at B-Sens Sat Nov 17 7:05PM ET

Old
11-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
I haven't been able to actually watch any Amerks games this year but from what I gather they are basically unwatchable when Hodgson is out of the line-up. Is that a fair assessment? There seems to be so many similarities to the Sabres right down to the head coach.

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:49 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I haven't been able to actually watch any Amerks games this year but from what I gather they are basically unwatchable when Hodgson is out of the line-up. Is that a fair assessment? There seems to be so many similarities to the Sabres right down to the head coach.
Pretty fair. There's no offensive creativity without Hodgson. And they don't have a defense to bail them out when they can't score.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
That is not a fair assessment.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:23 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

90 shots the past two games? Gotta bury.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
The Amerk that really stood out to me was TJ Brennan. Looked very fluid out there.
Standouts for me were Biega and Foligno. Foligno just does nifty things that you would not expect from such a physically dominant player. In that sense he reminds me of a Bertuzzi-type - what we were originally hoping from Kassian.

To a lesser extent Pysyk, Rankin and Varone.

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Standouts for me were Biega and Foligno. Foligno just does nifty things that you would not expect from such a physically dominant player. In that sense he reminds me of a Bertuzzi-type - what we were originally hoping from Kassian.

To a lesser extent Pysyk, Rankin and Varone.
How was Flynn? I heard some of his play lead to a goal or 2 against? But then he did exend his point streak to 7 games.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
The three times Girgensons was put on his back are in these highlights; none of the Amerks goals though, just the GA:

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
How was Flynn? I heard some of his play lead to a goal or 2 against? But then he did exend his point streak to 7 games.
He lost the draw on the first goal = no big deal. However, on the third GA, his pass was nowhere near McNabb at the left point and led to Grant's SH breakaway and GWG.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
He lost the draw on the first goal = no big deal. However, on the third GA, his pass was nowhere near McNabb at the left point and led to Grant's SH breakaway and GWG.
Flynn was not on the ice for the 1st goal against, I believe Varone got caught out there on an icing and couldn't change. The GWG he made a bad pass out to the point which the Binghamton guy tipped past Mcnabb as was off to the races. Again, nothing from Mancari - for the amount of ice he gets, doesn't get anything accomplished.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
Flynn was not on the ice for the 1st goal against, I believe Varone got caught out there on an icing and couldn't change.
Well, according to the stat sheet, you're right. It looks Varone was caught out between Foligno and Rankin on that draw. Still, I'm fairly certain Stevens called it as Flynn which is why I posted it as such; in fact, he's been inaccurate on a bunch of calls lately. AHL Live ≠ high res and the replays are severely lacking, but that's nothing new.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:26 PM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Well, according to the stat sheet, you're right. It looks Varone was caught out between Foligno and Rankin on that draw. Still, I'm fairly certain Stevens called it as Flynn which is why I posted it as such; in fact, he's been inaccurate on a bunch of calls lately. AHL Live ≠ high res and the replays are severely lacking, but that's nothing new.
I actually think it was Rankin who took the draw (was on his backhand), if i remember correctly.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Disengage

Highlights that actually show goals from both teams.

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote