HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autumn Thunder: No Ben and No Hockey Make Pittsburgh Something Something

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2012, 11:11 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Agreed. ND is a most overrated team. I hope I won't see them in BCS championship game.
There isn't a great team this year. Really, I haven't seen a great team in quite a while.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:24 PM
sniugneP

New BCS projections from @JBradEdwards: 1. Notre Dame, 2. Alabama, 3. Georgia, 4. Florida, 5. Oregon

SEC have 6 teams in Top 10.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Georgia is so screwed. they're on track to win the SEC East and face Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. should they lose. a one-loss Florida team, that they beat would probably overtake them in the rankings.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
No doubt he should have buried the kick, but if the refs do their job, Pitt has 1st and goal.
I don't even care about that, the game never should have gone to overtime in the first place.

On an unrelated note the NCAA Tournament will return to Pittsburgh in 2015 as Duquesne and Consol Energy Center will host 2nd/3rd round games. I haven't seen that mentioned here yet and I loathe basketball, but that's still good for the city. It's been more than a decade since the last tournament game played in Pittsburgh.

It just makes me laugh that it's always Duquesne 'hosting' when Pittsburgh gets the tournament games. I want to say that Pittsburgh is the only Pittsburgh D1 school to never host an NCAA Tournament event...Duquesne hosted two of these at Mellon Arena and Robert Morris has hosted a FCS football playoff game recently (and will host the Frozen Four this season)...which seems a bit absurd to me.

But then again Alabama-Huntsville hosted a Frozen Four in ****ing Tampa, so all bets are off.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
11-17-2012, 11:41 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
Georgia is so screwed. they're on track to win the SEC East and face Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. should they lose. a one-loss Florida team, that they beat would probably overtake them in the rankings.
It all depends on Murray. If he does well, Georgia have a shot.

There is a chance we may have 2 SEC teams in BCS championship game. Ugh! I agree with HuskerTornado, there is no dominant team in college football.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Both levels, at that. The FCS isn't any better this year when it comes to the rankings...but at least we have a playoff system to properly fix that.

I mean otherwise Montana State would be in the Championship Game...a team that needed a 4th quarter comeback and referee help to beat Drake, who are a non-scholarship team, at home.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:00 AM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

Amazing all of the Notre Dame "fans" suddenly coming out of the woodwork. Apparently they've been many a fan's secret die-hard second team...

Old
11-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Amazing all of the Notre Dame "fans" suddenly coming out of the woodwork. Apparently they've been many a fan's secret die-hard second team...
I've seen three former roommates already pull that on facebook...and they wouldn't even take the time out of their busy schedule to go to a football game for the school they went to (I can give a pass on that for the one Lock Haven alum there...but ****, even I went to a Lock Haven game just to root against them).

Notre Dame fans are the worst fans on the planet.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:27 AM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

In addition to the fans, it's the god-awful way NBC shows their games. During that Pitt game, right after Pitt missed the FG in OT, one of the announcers starts to gush and giggle that Notre Dame is the team of destiny...as if something that disturbingly silly exists.

ESPN has tried to act like they have been relevant since 1993, which is as hilarious as it is anger inducing.

The bottom line is that the Irish haven't won a damn thing since 1988 and are living off the ghosts of the Four Horsemen (whom were pounded by Nebraska twice, bringing this up incites ND fan riots because we are led to believe they were infallible by god) and Knute Rockne.

They were handed the Stanford game by poor officiating and also received assistance in OT versus Pitt. Nebraska was the beneficiary of a close call against Penn State last week early in the 4th quarter that ESPN wouldn't shut the hell up about all week long, but I never heard them talk about the Pitt call, and brushed the controversy versus Stanford aside at the time as well. They are treated with kid-gloves and it's not only unfair but ridiculous. They are no more special than any of the other top 10 winningest programs of all time.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:48 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
In addition to the fans, it's the god-awful way NBC shows their games. During that Pitt game, right after Pitt missed the FG in OT, one of the announcers starts to gush and giggle that Notre Dame is the team of destiny...as if something that disturbingly silly exists.

ESPN has tried to act like they have been relevant since 1993, which is as hilarious as it is anger inducing.

The bottom line is that the Irish haven't won a damn thing since 1988 and are living off the ghosts of the Four Horsemen (whom were pounded by Nebraska twice, bringing this up incites ND fan riots because we are led to believe they were infallible by god) and Knute Rockne.

They were handed the Stanford game by poor officiating and also received assistance in OT versus Pitt. Nebraska was the beneficiary of a close call against Penn State last week early in the 4th quarter that ESPN wouldn't shut the hell up about all week long, but I never heard them talk about the Pitt call, and brushed the controversy versus Stanford aside at the time as well. They are treated with kid-gloves and it's not only unfair but ridiculous. They are no more special than any of the other top 10 winningest programs of all time.
They haven't been relevant since Ohio State beat their ass in the Fiesta Bowl 7 years ago.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
11-18-2012, 05:43 AM
clefty
What?

Man, I hope the Blue Jays crash and burn after this offseason. Apparently, they're considering Jim Tracy as Manager, which would certainly help that along.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

This year is really something to forget.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Alabama/Georgia should be interesting. Georgia has been playing great lately.

I still think Alabama wins and will probably annihilate this Notre Dame team if they face them. Although I'm not sure Notre Dame will beat USC on the road if Barkley's healthy. I know USC struggled yesterday but I still expect a big performance out of them at home against Notre Dame. That could open the door for another team to slip in to the title game.

Just thinking about how injuries have ruined so much fun the past few years for Pittsburgh sports teams. Too many important games played in the NHL without Crosby/Malkin and now the Steelers this year. Hard to get excited for this Ravens game.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:25 AM
JTG

I think Matt Barkley is vastly overrated, and if I made a draft board, I wouldn't put him in my 1st round.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Barkley may be overrated as a pro prospect (only time will tell) but he's a good college QB and you don't exactly have to be Peyton Manning to beat this Notre Dame team. Tino Sunseri had them dead to rights if not for a missed FG.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Mr. T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Notre Dame fans are the worst fans on the planet.
I didn't think they could be more despicable. I have been proven wrong. They now seem to feel that their insufferable arrogance has been validated.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:19 AM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Man, I hope the Blue Jays crash and burn after this offseason. Apparently, they're considering Jim Tracy as Manager, which would certainly help that along.
I don't get the thinking behind acquiring basically the entire roster of an underachieving, overpaid team. I mean the Marlins sucked last year for a reason, but the Jays wanted everyone on the team? Ooookay..

Old
11-18-2012, 12:10 PM
sambo24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I don't even care about that, the game never should have gone to overtime in the first place.

On an unrelated note the NCAA Tournament will return to Pittsburgh in 2015 as Duquesne and Consol Energy Center will host 2nd/3rd round games. I haven't seen that mentioned here yet and I loathe basketball, but that's still good for the city. It's been more than a decade since the last tournament game played in Pittsburgh.

It just makes me laugh that it's always Duquesne 'hosting' when Pittsburgh gets the tournament games. I want to say that Pittsburgh is the only Pittsburgh D1 school to never host an NCAA Tournament event...Duquesne hosted two of these at Mellon Arena and Robert Morris has hosted a FCS football playoff game recently (and will host the Frozen Four this season)...which seems a bit absurd to me.

But then again Alabama-Huntsville hosted a Frozen Four in ****ing Tampa, so all bets are off.

Actually Duquesne hosted 2nd/3rd rounds last year at Consol. It also makes more sense for Pitt to not host and have Duquesnse; therefore they can play in Pittsburgh if they're a high seed-and have before. if they hosted, they couldn't play here because a team can't play in their host arena.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:39 PM
JTG

Yeah, it'd make WAY more sense to have Duquesne host the tourney. It'd be good for both schools as Pitt might actually play in Pittsburgh, and Duquesne would receive the benefits of hosting the thing (not real sure what those benefits are though).

Old
11-18-2012, 04:46 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Any expectations for tonight?

Old
11-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Another key player is injured.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:02 PM
WickedWrister

Duquesne graduate here. BBall Highlight of my 4 years there was the victory over #8 Xavier and almost going to the A10 title game.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:44 PM
End of Line
Human After All

You know, I've been hearing all this hype about Te'o who is a great player and all but, I just realized his numbers aren't all that great. I've been making the comparison to OSU's Ryan Shazier (soph.). What looks better to you?

Shazier: 109 tackles (67 Solo, 42 assisted), 14.5 TFL (64 yds lost), 4 Sacks (36 yds lost), 10 PD, 3 FF, 1 INT, 1 TD

Te'o: 98 tackles (49 Solo, 49 assisted), 5.5 TFL (19 yds lost), 1.5 Sacks (13 yds lost), 4 PD, 6 INT

http://www.cfbstats.com/

Old
11-18-2012, 07:19 PM
JTG

Te'o is one of those "you have to watch the game" kind of guys.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I don't have many, surprised that Dungy and Rodney both picked the Steelers ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Another key player is injured.
Ugh, I hope not

Closed Thread