HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

OHL vs WHL vs QMJHL ...right now!

Old
11-16-2012, 11:36 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Marcoux > Fucale
Yup... Marcoux is the go to guy for the Q. Then Cadorette... This month anyways...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:11 AM
takehisheadoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
DUB has guys who are BIG and hit but are slow,lack hockey sense, can't finish, can
DUB is the most physical league--BUT they are DUMB and get caught out of position after going out of their way just to make a hit ..ALL this energy in hitting ALSO leads to stupid penalties because they go overboard (hitting from behind etc..) AND also exposing them to transition rushes back the other way against less than the equired defense (because they were caught up ice making the hit)...all this hiting also tires them out for easy fodder scoring by oppnents in the 3rd period..THe DUB--BIG,SLOW ,TOUGh but DUMB...

THE O --smart 2-way hockey and good goaltending .
More NHL-like...

THE Q-- Skill and finishing ability,smart puck movement . Not physical enough overall.
Over-rated goalies..

I think this sums up the leagues quite well.

Recently we see the USHL dominate CANADA EAST and CANADA WEST at the WORLD JR. A CHALLENGE tournament...Obviously the USHL is better than the JR. A leagues (NON Major Junior) in the West and East of Canada ..MAYBE if you combined the Canada entiy into one team it could do better against these USHL selects BUT i suspect not.

I Think that the USHL selects could compete against a DUB,Q ,or O all-star squad from each league--bUT that overal the depth is better in the 3 CHL leagues such that if you made up 2nd all-star teams from each of the 3 CHL leagues those teams would crush any 2nd all star selects team from the USHL ..In other words the best 25USHL players are equal to the best 25 of each of the 3 cHL leagues --.
I am guessing you have never watched a WHL game.

I am guessing you are from the US and probably not from Minnesota, Michigan or Mass any state with hockey knowledge. The USHL is a good league no question about it but it would get killed by any players in major junior.

takehisheadoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:34 AM
SaintMorose

vCash: 134
Q puts together the best top forward line but is pretty thin after that.

W puts together the best d-core and 3 solid forward lines but dependent on younger players.

O has the top Goal-tending and can run 3-4 great scoring lines.

Ohl probably edges out the Whl for this with more experienced players. A lot of 2011 top draft picks still playing there where the W wants scoring/defense from 2013-14 guys (Lazar, Hunter, Jones, Reinhart all in prominent roles) vs (Scheifele, Strome, Hamilton)

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:23 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

OHL All-Stars:

Defense
1. Dougie Hamilton
2. Matt Petgrave
3. Cody Ceci
4. Olli Maatta
5. Nikita Zadorov
6. Dylan DeMelo
7. Adam Pelech

Offense
1. Alex Galchenyuk
2. Ryan Strome
3. Seth Griffith
4. Vincent Trocheck
5. Brett Ritchie
6. Boone Jenner
7. Daniel Catenacci
8. Sean Monahan
9. Mark Schiefele
10. Connor McDavid
11. Max Domi
12. Zach Hall
13. Nick Cousins

Goalies
1. John Gibson
2. Jake Patterson
3. Malcolm Subban

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 02:44 PM
takehisheadoff

WHL

G- Erik Comrie
G- Chris Driedger
G- Laureint Brossoit

D- Morgan Rielly
D- Mathew Dumba
D- Griffin Reinhart
D- Ryan Pulock
D- Ryan Murray
D- Seth Jones
D- Derrik Pouliot

F- Hunter Shinkaruk
F- JC Lipon
F- Curtis Valk
F- Michael St. Croix
F- Ty Rattie
F- Adam Lowry
F- Colin Smith
F- Tim Bozon
F- Nicolas Petan
F- Mark McNeill
F- Sam Reinhart
F- Marek Tvrdon
F/D- Myles Bell

takehisheadoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Ty Rimmer should be one of the goalies imo.

You should probably have Samuelsson in your forward group as well. Maybe Lazar too.

I would probably drop Tvrdon and Bozon and include those two forwards instead.

WHL

G- Ty Rimmer
G- Laureint Brossoit

D- Morgan Rielly
D- Mathew Dumba
D- Griffin Reinhart
D- Ryan Pulock
D- Ryan Murray
D- Seth Jones

F- Hunter Shinkaruk
F- JC Lipon
F- Curtis Valk
F- Michael St. Croix
F- Ty Rattie
F- Adam Lowry
F- Colin Smith
F- Henrik Samuelsson
F- Curtis Lazar
F- Mark McNeill
F- Sam Reinhart
F- Brendan Leipsic

That would be my list.

Last edited by I am the Liquor: 11-17-2012 at 03:34 PM.
I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

QMJHL

Drouin-Mackinnon-Huberdeau
Kucherov-Grigorenko-Zlobin
O'Brien-Danault-Jaskin
Hudon-Currie-Duffy
Erne-Mantha

Ouellet-Fournier
Racine-Lefebvre
Culkin-Abeltshauser
Sergeev

Fucale
Marcoux

If the games were played in an all star format where things weren't necessarily tight checking, the Q could definitely pick up some wins with all that offensive talent.

If the games were played with sincerity and all leagues played hard and used systems, this team would be in very tough to adjust to the two-way play/physicality of the OHL and WHL.

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:35 AM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan English View Post
QMJHL

Drouin-Mackinnon-Huberdeau
Kucherov-Grigorenko-Zlobin
O'Brien-Danault-Jaskin
Hudon-Currie-Duffy
Erne-Mantha

Ouellet-Fournier
Racine-Lefebvre
Culkin-Abeltshauser
Sergeev

Fucale
Marcoux

If the games were played in an all star format where things weren't necessarily tight checking, the Q could definitely pick up some wins with all that offensive talent.

If the games were played with sincerity and all leagues played hard and used systems, this team would be in very tough to adjust to the two-way play/physicality of the OHL and WHL.
Don't think it would be that hard, the Q didn't look worse than the other two in the Subway series and of the three is probably the one who benifice the most of the "all in" rule.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:39 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

What does Bussieres have to do to get some recognition? The kid is putting together a great season on a pretty bad team.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:46 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
What does Bussieres have to do to get some recognition? The kid is putting together a great season on a pretty bad team.
they're #8 in the country and are ahead of the Remparts in the standings...

And of the forwards chosen by most posters here, who would you take out? Maybe Hudon, but everyone else is as deserving or had better seasons...

He's gonna have to do this consistently to warrant being picked higher than a guy like Hudon, which is puzzling right now.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:54 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
they're #8 in the country and are ahead of the Remparts in the standings...
Because partly of Bussieres. Straka and Zykov.

Quote:
And of the forwards chosen by most posters here, who would you take out? Maybe Hudon, but everyone else is as deserving or had better seasons...

He's gonna have to do this consistently to warrant being picked higher than a guy like Hudon, which is puzzling right now.
He's having a better season than I expected. And given his point streak? He's been heating up pretty well. I guess you couldn't but he should be in the mix for reserves.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Marcoux > Fucale
Valid enough opinion, especially if you look at league stats tables. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if 5 years from now Marcoux is the one of the three (with Brassard, Fucale) farthest from an NHL job. I think both Brassard and Fucale are better goalies than Marcoux for sure.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:14 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Thought I'd give it a try for the USHL

USHL

Cammarata - Stepan - Kloos
Cangelosi - Stenglein - Suter
Skirving - Harms - Kravchenko
Szmatula - Hinostroza - Scheid
Roos

McCoshen - LaDue
Downing - Valleau
Heinrich - Bayreuther
Kolquist

McAdam
Mattsson
Rotolo
Why is Hinostroza on the 4th line?

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
Why is Hinostroza on the 4th line?
don't take the lines seriously, I put a group of names together more than anyhting else

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 07:11 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Valid enough opinion, especially if you look at league stats tables. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if 5 years from now Marcoux is the one of the three (with Brassard, Fucale) farthest from an NHL job. I think both Brassard and Fucale are better goalies than Marcoux for sure.
I do agree , but as of right now, he's clearly better although I do think he'll make it to the NHL.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Juniorhockeyguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Q has guys who can actually finish....O has guys who can skate and play a good 2-way game.. DUB has guys who are BIG and hit but are slow,lack hockey sense, can't finish, can read and play D + the most overhyped "FAB %" on D that I have ever seen... DUB has no godd goalies BECAUSE they face no good shooters...Q goalies over-rated ...O has goalies who actually can stop pucks.

DUB is the most physical league--BUT they are DUMB and get caught out of position after going out of their way just to make a hit ..ALL this energy in hitting ALSO leads to stupid penalties because they go overboard (hitting from behind etc..) AND also exposing them to transition rushes back the other way against less than the equired defense (because they were caught up ice making the hit)...all this hiting also tires them out for easy fodder scoring by oppnents in the 3rd period..THe DUB--BIG,SLOW ,TOUGh but DUMB...

THE O --smart 2-way hockey and good goaltending .
More NHL-like...

THE Q-- Skill and finishing ability,smart puck movement . Not physical enough overall.
Over-rated goalies..

I think this sums up the leagues quite well.

Recently we see the USHL dominate CANADA EAST and CANADA WEST at the WORLD JR. A CHALLENGE tournament...Obviously the USHL is better than the JR. A leagues (NON Major Junior) in the West and East of Canada ..MAYBE if you combined the Canada entiy into one team it could do better against these USHL selects BUT i suspect not.

I Think that the USHL selects could compete against a DUB,Q ,or O all-star squad from each league--bUT that overal the depth is better in the 3 CHL leagues such that if you made up 2nd all-star teams from each of the 3 CHL leagues those teams would crush any 2nd all star selects team from the USHL ..In other words the best 25USHL players are equal to the best 25 of each of the 3 cHL leagues --but after that the USHL quality drops off sharply in comparison.. something along those lines..

What a silly bunch of uninformed nonsense. WHL guys have no hockey sense and are slow? Explain how most of those slow, no hockey sense having WHL guys have better pro careers than most of those smurfs in the Q or why they have almost twice the Memorial Cups? If you want a complete player, the WHL has always been much much higher than the QMJHL ever has. Remember that league is known for all those goofy, one sided trades so they can even compete with the WHL and OHL.

Juniorhockeyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:28 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorhockeyguru View Post
What a silly bunch of uninformed nonsense. WHL guys have no hockey sense and are slow? Explain how most of those slow, no hockey sense having WHL guys have better pro careers than most of those smurfs in the Q or why they have almost twice the Memorial Cups? If you want a complete player, the WHL has always been much much higher than the QMJHL ever has. Remember that league is known for all those goofy, one sided trades so they can even compete with the WHL and OHL.
I think he was talking about this years corp. What he said about slow with no hockey sense wasn't right, but there's no doubt in my mind the Q all star would beat the Dub all star THIS year.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote