HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Abdelkader and a 3rd for Weber and Palushaj
Wings have to keep any player that's able to throw a check, especially at forward, and the Habs have 0 use for Abdelkader. We have a carbon-copy in Armstrong who's also a better player + White, Moen and Prust who are all very gritty. What we need is a Brandon Boilig or Ryand Reeves type bottom 6 player. Somebody who will give protection oth the team so that our gritty players can play their game, and make sure that the other big guys in our conference stay classy. Ottawa still has Niel, Toronto has Orr when needed, Boston has Chara, Thornton, Lucic and Buffalo now has Scott + Mckormik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I would like to make a counter offer. Take out Stastny(we have 2 similar playmaking centers), We offer Eller and a top prospect(not Galchenyuk, Tinordi or Collberg) for E. Johnson?
Good god . Why in the world would Colorado do that? Their defense is pretty average as it is and you think that they're just going to give up their #1 defensmen for that silly package?

Old
11-13-2012, 11:46 PM
theOutsider

Admitting hypothetically that Bettman (after the new CBA is signed) moves the Phoenix Coyotes to Quebec for the start of the new 2012-2013 season and that Shane Doan subsequently wants out, would you guys do the following trade:

Desharnais + 2nd round pick 2013
for
Shane Doan + Boyd Gordon

Old
11-14-2012, 12:12 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOutsider View Post
Admitting hypothetically that Bettman (after the new CBA is signed) moves the Phoenix Coyotes to Quebec for the start of the new 2012-2013 season and that Shane Doan subsequently wants out, would you guys do the following trade:

for
Shane Doan + Boyd Gordon
No way... we aren`t contending now and if are trading desharnais it won`t be someone whose got a few good years left in doan as the top piece not to mention our 2nd this year...

Old
11-14-2012, 01:04 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOutsider View Post

for
Shane Doan + Boyd Gordon
No, you'd have to add an hypothetical increase to the salary cap and/or multiple amnesty buyouts for this work and also work out a deal with Doan so he doesn't mind playing far from his ranch and family. And btw Carey Price being far family doesn't really change that his life is in Arizona now. Because of all those details, the proposal is easily a pipe dream.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:34 AM
S Bah

If the Habs draft Drouin to play LW for Galchenyuk,they would need a veteran for stability at RW.My pick for that position has to be Iginla,depending upon his availability after this season.Collberg won't be ready for the NHL for at least three yrs.IMO. E.Johnson from Colorado could be a great pickup also,he apparently is available.Just don't know who to trade back?

Old
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If the Habs draft Drouin to play LW for Galchenyuk,they would need a veteran for stability at RW.My pick for that position has to be Iginla,depending upon his availability after this season.Collberg won't be ready for the NHL for at least three yrs.IMO. E.Johnson from Colorado could be a great pickup also,he apparently is available.Just don't know who to trade back?
Stable veteran on the RW? I totally think we should get Erik Cole! Oh wait...

Last edited by sharks9: 11-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old
11-15-2012, 11:39 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Stable veteran on the RW? I totally think we should Erik Cole! Oh wait...
Yes well, he said he was going to retire after this lockout no?

Old
11-16-2012, 02:31 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Stable veteran on the RW? I totally think we should Erik Cole! Oh wait...
That's a great thought if the Habs are running one scoring line,then move both Pacioretty & Cole with Galchenyuk.If they want two scoring lines then find chemistry for the Galchenyuk line.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:40 PM
sharks9

Quote:
That's a great thought if the Habs are running one scoring line,then move both Pacioretty & Cole with Galchenyuk.If they want two scoring lines then find chemistry for the Galchenyuk line.
If we could sign Gionta for a short term deal at less than his current salary I'd be fine with keeping him as a veteran RW.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:42 AM
S Bah

I think it would be a wise move by Bergevin to talk trade with Colorado for both Duchene and E.Johnson.An offer that gives the Av's a PMD or two say Kaberle and Weber that was what they expected from Johnson.Duchene's offence fell off also last season,so the asking price could be Gionta and Bourque.Clearing room for Gallagher to join Duchene and Galchenyuk.Just saying it might work for everybody.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
I think it would be a wise move by Bergevin to talk trade with Colorado for both Duchene and E.Johnson.An offer that gives the Av's a PMD or two say Kaberle and Weber that was what they expected from Johnson.Duchene's offence fell off also last season,so the asking price could be Gionta and Bourque.Clearing room for Gallagher to join Duchene and Galchenyuk.Just saying it might work for everybody.
That is top 3 one of the worst proposals I have ever read, something that would get the Avs GM murdered.

Sharks9, I think that by the end of next season, Gallagher will be more than ready to take the 2nd line RW spot. Pretty sure Gionta will go back to NJ at a cheap price to play with his little bro.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:01 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That is top 3 one of the worst proposals I have ever read, something that would get the Avs GM murdered.

Sharks9, I think that by the end of next season, Gallagher will be more than ready to take the 2nd line RW spot. Pretty sure Gionta will go back to NJ at a cheap price to play with his little bro.
What and my deal was worse than the one used to acquire E.Johnson,it's actually a better return,all four for two players.Johnson they are disappointed in and Duchene that's proving to be injury prone and unable to carry the first line duties.Both would fit the needs of the Habs and my deal can always be enriched if necessary,like most deals,take work,first offers are probably never the final ones.I wonder how many GM's have said that's the worst proposal I've ever heard,especially on bad days if you get my drift.I know the interest NJD have for Gionta and that's not due to their concern for brotherly love.

Last edited by S Bah: 11-20-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 06:10 PM
pcamp

Quote:
What and my deal was worse than the one used to acquire E.Johnson,it's actually a better return,all four for two players.Johnson they are disappointed in and Duchene that's proving to be injury prone and unable to carry the first line duties.Both would fit the needs of the Habs and my deal can always be enriched if necessary,like most deals,take work,first offers are probably never the final ones.I wonder how many GM's have said that's the worst proposal I've ever heard,especially on bad days if you get my drift.I know the interest NJD have for Gionta and that's not due to their concern for brotherly love.
No, it really is an awful proposal. My all time worst proposal I have ever seen was Price, Subban, Eller and 2nd for Couturier

Old
11-20-2012, 06:15 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
No, it really is an awful proposal. My all time worst proposal I have ever seen was Price, Subban, Eller and 2nd for Couturier
What during your 41 posts or since which season,does that count any deals consummated that are worse in the last three years?

Old
11-20-2012, 06:18 PM
pcamp

Ever heard about reading the boards before being a member?

Old
11-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
IMO Gionta and Bourque are pure garbage. They both need to be trade and they have no future with the Habs. Gionta might worth a 2nd round draft choice and Bourque a 3rd+ a marginal prospect. If i am the Av'S GM i want Subban and the 2013 first choice of the habs for Duchene and Johnson.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:05 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario lemieux fan 66 View Post
imo gionta and bourque are pure garbage. They both need to be trade and they have no future with the habs. Gionta might worth a 2nd round draft choice and bourque a 3rd+ a marginal prospect. If i am the av's gm i want subban and the 2013 first choice of the habs for duchene and johnson.
Montreal Canadiens Fans

If you're gonna call Gionta "pure garbage" you better qualify it with something more than "[he] need to be trade" and "[he] have no future with the habs."

Old
11-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Montreal Canadiens Fans

If you're gonna call Gionta "pure garbage" you better qualify it with something more than "[he] need to be trade" and "[he] have no future with the habs."
Pure garbage was probably a bad choice of words. IMO Gionta is injury prone, has a too big salary cap and he will be too old when the team will be a Stanley cup contender. So, the habs should trade him for a 2nd round draft pick or better if they find a dumb GM.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Pure garbage was probably a bad choice of words. IMO Gionta is injury prone, has a too big salary cap and he will be too old when the team will be a Stanley cup contender. So, the habs should trade him for a 2nd round draft pick or better if they find a dumb GM.
Brian Gionta has provided us 65 goals in three seasons, which is decent for a veteran UFA pickup. He does this on relatively difficult matchups, and he had the burden of playing on a line with Gomez for an extended period of time. He's a decent player, and hiss cap hit is not a huge deal.

I would trade Gionta, but at this stage the asking price would be a 1st round draft pick.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Brian Gionta has provided us 65 goals in three seasons, which is decent for a veteran UFA pickup. He does this on relatively difficult matchups, and he had the burden of playing on a line with Gomez for an extended period of time. He's a decent player, and hiss cap hit is not a huge deal.

I would trade Gionta, but at this stage the asking price would be a 1st round draft pick.
If Gionta stays healthy and has a good start he might worth a 1st round draft pick for a Stanley cup contender team. But i fear that because of the lock-out the habs won't have the opportunity to trade him or other guys like Bourque, Weber, Kaberle and Markov.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

I'm not a fan of Gallagher and certainly hope this doesn't come to pass. I don't see how Gallagher has become a better prospect than either Leblanc or Collberg. If either of them aren't ready for 2nd line duties when Gionta's contract is up I hope we extend Gionta for a year or two until ne of them is ready.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
IMO Gionta and Bourque are pure garbage.
Quote:
Pure garbage was probably a bad choice of words. IMO Gionta is injury prone,...
You're going from bad to worse... Far from garbage and aside from last season, also far from injury prone. Excellent leader, he scored more goals than anyone on the team since joining the Habs, and he performed in the playoffs.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:04 PM
S Bah

It's funny this thread getting this much interest since no team can make a trade until the CBA is signed and the lockout ends anyway.Go Habs Go!

Old
11-21-2012, 01:58 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
It's funny this thread getting this much interest since no team can make a trade until the CBA is signed and the lockout ends anyway.Go Habs Go!
I'd say there seems to be a general feeling with the Players' position getting closer to the owners' one that the season is about to go to "planned" status.

And besides any day is a good day to talk trades

Old
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Habitant le colon

Is Subban really untouchable knowing the fact that Galchenyuk can be used on the blue line for PP ??

I really think that we can get the sky for Subban ... signing him to an average contract to then trade him can help to upgrade our offensive while downgrad the D corp ... Can we accept such a downgrade?

Then if yes, is a young promising Centerman coming back for Subban would be the prior to a Plekanec trade?

Closed Thread