HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2012, 02:25 PM
  #126
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
In DEL every team is represented by their bosses in the DEL board and everyone has the same voting rights in questions regarding the league. Is there something similar in KHL? I think that would help a lot.

Vicente is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 03:01 PM
  #127
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
In DEL every team is represented by their bosses in the DEL board and everyone has the same voting rights in questions regarding the league. Is there something similar in KHL? I think that would help a lot.
I know about board of owners.

vorky is online now  
Old
11-14-2012, 09:50 PM
  #128
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Prokhorkin cannot play AHL without contract. He can not sign new AHL contract, let say tommorow, because he has valid KHL contract.

I can see:
1) termination of his KHL contract, or
2) playing VHL, MHL
3) trade to Amur or so (like Ozhiganov)

IMO 1) or 3) are realistic now.
Looks like you were right regarding Prokhorkin KHL's contract being legitimate (from our discussion in the BoH), and here was the pushback I expected from the KHL to maintain the MOU. Hopefully this gets sorted out so Prokhorkin can play some hockey.

__________________


Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 05:38 AM
  #129
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,467
vCash: 500
F Nikita Gusev from CSKA to Amur, so CSKA made space for Prokhorkin
http://www.hcamur.ru/press-center/cl...12-11-15-1634/

vorky is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 05:39 AM
  #130
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Looks like you were right regarding Prokhorkin KHL's contract being legitimate (from our discussion in the BoH), and here was the pushback I expected from the KHL to maintain the MOU. Hopefully this gets sorted out so Prokhorkin can play some hockey.
Hope as well, he needs to buy one way tickets to Moscow.

vorky is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 06:07 AM
  #131
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,634
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
F Nikita Gusev from CSKA to Amur, so CSKA made space for Prokhorkin
http://www.hcamur.ru/press-center/cl...12-11-15-1634/
that does not compute, it's clearly hidden rent (same with Ozhiganov). THK has plenty of space on the team

cska78 is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 06:11 AM
  #132
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
F Nikita Gusev from CSKA to Amur, so CSKA made space for Prokhorkin
http://www.hcamur.ru/press-center/cl...12-11-15-1634/
Amur wins on this. Gusev is twice the player Prokhorkin is.

VladNYC is online now  
Old
11-15-2012, 06:34 AM
  #133
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
that does not compute, it's clearly hidden rent (same with Ozhiganov). THK has plenty of space on the team
I agree that Gusev could be hidden rent, we will see in summer.

I forgot to add this when speaking about space for Prokhorkin. Btw I predicted that CSKA-Amur "trade" will be there

vorky is online now  
Old
11-16-2012, 03:17 PM
  #134
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Omsk streak comes to an end.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 05:11 PM
  #135
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Amur wins on this. Gusev is twice the player Prokhorkin is.
On the other hand they gave up high first round draft pick for a player who is defensive liability and is yet to break out offensively. Pretty even trade if you ask me.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 06:05 PM
  #136
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Ovechkin is now captain of dynamo

russianhockey is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 07:36 PM
  #137
WTFetus
Moderator
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,749
vCash: 500
For those following Dinamo Minsk, can you give up a brief update on how Joe Pavelski is looking? Online stats show that he only has 1 assist in 7 games, so I was wondering if there is any reason for that. Working hard but snake-bitten; looks completely lost out there; injured?

WTFetus is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 01:19 AM
  #138
kunabai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minsk
Country: Belarus
Posts: 168
vCash: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
For those following Dinamo Minsk, can you give up a brief update on how Joe Pavelski is looking? Online stats show that he only has 1 assist in 7 games, so I was wondering if there is any reason for that. Working hard but snake-bitten; looks completely lost out there; injured?
he looked good so far, definitely better than kane he created some quality scoring chances, made some good passes, was solid at the face-off dot and was not bad at defense as it can seem because he has -4 in 7 game played. but he hadn't his luck with him. i wrote some times ago, maybe in this thread, that he had some open shots near the crease and he just couldn't put it over the laying goalie, so it was a little bit frustrating.
right now he is dealing with the minor injury, which prevented him from playing in the last two games. but there is chances that he will return on sunday against dynamo capitals
we are hoping that he will finally start racking up points as soon as possible, as he has shown some flashes of what he can do.

kunabai is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 01:47 AM
  #139
WTFetus
Moderator
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,749
vCash: 500
Awesome, thanks for the update. He isn't exactly a great skater, so I wasn't sure if his problems were stemming from the transition to the bigger ice. It sounds like he's mostly snake-bitten though, so that's good news. Hopefully he heats up soon.

WTFetus is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 05:16 AM
  #140
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,047
vCash: 50
The new KHL website is pretty nice though it does look like the homepage has a little bit too much going on..

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 05:58 AM
  #141
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
There is a new KHL site? I can only see the old one at khl.ru, and it's decidedly inferior compared to nhl.com. Very few news items, no user comments, extremely terse game summaries, no analyses, etc. I really need to visit championat.com or allhockey.ru to learn what's going on around the KHL.

In other news, Slovan has now triggered the second opposing coach firing in its last 3 games. Lev fired their coach after Lev lost to Slovan at home, and now the same thing happened today with Atlant. That's quite a road trip -- I wonder what will happen at Torpedo tomorrow. (It certainly helps Slovan's games are preceded by games against CSKA who start the destruction, and then Slovan can finish it off.)

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:03 AM
  #142
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,047
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
There is a new KHL site? I can only see the old one at khl.ru, and it's decidedly inferior compared to nhl.com. Very few news items, no user comments, extremely terse game summaries, no analyses, etc. I really need to visit championat.com or allhockey.ru to learn what's going on around the KHL.

In other news, Slovan has now triggered the second opposing coach firing in its last 3 games. Lev fired their coach after Lev lost to Slovan at home, and now the same thing happened today with Atlant. That's quite a road trip -- I wonder what will happen at Torpedo tomorrow. (It certainly helps Slovan's games are preceded by games against CSKA who start the destruction, and then Slovan can finish it off.)
I guess I am used to using the en.khl.ru site

Here's the new one for the english part :
http://en.khl.ru/

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:06 AM
  #143
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
I think it's been like that since the start of the season. (And the English version has even less content than the Russian one.)

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:12 AM
  #144
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,047
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I think it's been like that since the start of the season. (And the English version has even less content than the Russian one.)
English one just updated to this one over the international break. IIRC before the update it was just the score bar, the slideshow, and the stat leaders. Articles weren't there or at least where I saw the and the whole site was coded like a early 2000s website where everything was blocky as hell

I like it though. Especially the score bar which had a tendency to not work from time to time.

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 12:52 PM
  #145
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
English one just updated to this one over the international break. IIRC before the update it was just the score bar, the slideshow, and the stat leaders. Articles weren't there or at least where I saw the and the whole site was coded like a early 2000s website where everything was blocky as hell

I like it though. Especially the score bar which had a tendency to not work from time to time.
The articles were actually there, but they were just below the score bar, not on the right in a format like they are now. Usually the first article had a somewhat bigger picture, and I can't remember whether with the other ones it was just text titles or they had smaller pictures, as well. And I don't think they actually changed how the articles themselves look and are formatted, it seems it's just the links to them and how they're presented on the front page.

But yeah, they website has definitely changed over the international break, and it looks a bit fresher now. The individual player stats, for example, are still very hard to read, however, so while it might be a slight improvement, the site's still needs a bit of tweaking to make it as nice and readable as NHL.com.

Ryker is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 08:58 PM
  #146
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,159
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I can only see the old one at khl.ru, and it's decidedly inferior compared to nhl.com. Very few news items, no user comments
Thank God for that!

Acallabeth is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 10:21 PM
  #147
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Thank God for that!
Haha, yeah, that might be true, the comments on NHL.com are on the level of youtube comments.

Ryker is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 09:05 AM
  #148
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
I disagree, a site is dead without user input and feedback. You simply need moderators to filter out trolling & nonsense.

Speaking of online discussions, is there a KHL-devoted message board like this one, but in Russian language? I tried to find one via Google, but couldn't. My Russian is error-prone as opposed to my English, but following such a board might at least help improve my Russian.

PS: Watching the official khl.ru stream of the Torpedo vs. Slovan game right now, going to overtime. Bought it from Slovakia for around 1.25 via Yandex Dengi. Picture quality is OK, and I especially appreciate the broadcast works on the iPad/iPhone, unlike the "pirated" Flash streams. However, there is no announcer, and especially no time-keeping shown on the screen, which I think should be unacceptable.

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 09:26 AM
  #149
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,634
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I disagree, a site is dead without user input and feedback. You simply need moderators to filter out trolling & nonsense.

Speaking of online discussions, is there a KHL-devoted message board like this one, but in Russian language? I tried to find one via Google, but couldn't. My Russian is error-prone as opposed to my English, but following such a board might at least help improve my Russian.

PS: Watching the official khl.ru stream of the Torpedo vs. Slovan game right now, going to overtime. Bought it from Slovakia for around 1.25 via Yandex Dengi. Picture quality is OK, and I especially appreciate the broadcast works on the iPad/iPhone, unlike the "pirated" Flash streams. However, there is no announcer, and especially no time-keeping shown on the screen, which I think should be unacceptable.
there's allhockey.ru where you can leave comments at each thread, they have a forum as well, but it's rather dead. Same for Championat.com. There's a slovakian poster on allhockey already.

cska78 is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 10:28 AM
  #150
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Yes, I've been following both allhockey.ru and championat.com, but as you say, those sites feature especially user comments on articles rather than a full-fledged message board like here at HF. That's too bad -- it might help promote the KHL if there was a "central" message-board of the quality of HFBoards, for discussions both in Russian and English (and perhaps also in other languages).

I suppose we'll never get to see that now in the age of Facebook & Twitter. In this sense, we're lucky in that HFBoards is such a long-established venue with a large user-base. Difficult to launch a brand-new message-board in the 2010s, I'm afraid.

Faterson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.