HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 10:17 AM
ginner classic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
A backup goalie is easy enough to find.

If Burke didn't believe in his ability to be a long term starter in this league, he wouldn't have gone into last year with a tandem of Reimer/Gustavsson.

Fixed. In fact, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Gillis were able to get all 3.

The thing is... you just can't get Lupul. He's not in a position to be traded at the present time, and the season is going to be too short in terms of time before deadline for him to fall out of favour.
Going with reimer as the starter again is one of those decisions that could cost Burke his job. Something I am sure he is keenly aware of.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
The thing is... you just can't get Lupul. He's not in a position to be traded at the present time, and the season is going to be too short in terms of time before deadline for him to fall out of favour.
Why do you assume that only players who fall out of favour will be traded?

Not to mention there could be any number of reasons why he might be traded, such as unwillingness to re-sign as he wants to go to a cup contender, or perhaps because of bad blood with Carlyle.

Saying he won't be traded because he isn't out of favour is quite frankly absurd. Teams' main reason to trade players is to get better.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Why do you assume that only players who fall out of favour will be traded?

Not to mention there could be any number of reasons why he might be traded, such as unwillingness to re-sign as he wants to go to a cup contender, or perhaps because of bad blood with Carlyle.

Saying he won't be traded because he isn't out of favour is quite frankly absurd. Teams' main reason to trade players is to get better.
A little off topic but....i wonder how much the Leafs offer Lupul if this season is canceled. No chance to see if he can repeat his season....

Old
11-18-2012, 11:07 AM
racerjoe

QUOTE=Liferleafer;55852317]A little off topic but....i wonder how much the Leafs offer Lupul if this season is canceled. No chance to see if he can repeat his season....[/QUOTE]

Did I do that right?
nope... alright I give up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-18-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: fixed youtube link
Old
11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

I've opened a new thread for Luongo.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1282091