HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Chi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2012, 09:58 AM
  #26
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,699
vCash: 250
Marincin will not be traded short of being apart of a package to get an impact Dman back in return.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:12 AM
  #27
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Marincin has higher upside. Heck, he even outscored Danault in their draft years as a defenseman! Also, he's 6'5".

Danault has pretty mediocre stats in the QMJHL and doesn't really have the size you'd want in a 2nd/3rd line center who doesn't score much.

Marincin's value > Danault's. Just my opinion. Your last line makes it seem like you don't know the prospects in question.
First off let me say i do not know Danault . But to use stats is not the tell all .
Lets look at Scott Steven,s Stats . They are not great . I would love to have a player like him on the Oiler,s . Now i am Not comparing Danault to Scott Steven,s . I am making a point stats do not tell all things . WHEN I DO NOT KNOW A PLAYER I TAKE THE OTHER TEAMS FANS WORD FOR IT , OF COURSE I KNOW ALL FANS OVER VALUE THEIR OWN PLAYERS A LITTLE .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 11:09 AM
  #28
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Marcinin isn't much better than Clendening, Johns, or Olsen at this point.

Also, we don't need top pairing defensive prospects, all those guys mentioned have a legit shot at making the NHL as a bottom pairing Dman.

We already have Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Leddy. We don't need blue chip defensive prospects, which Marcinin isn't that anyway.
Marincin's upside blows those three guys out of the water. Especially Olsen, he's looking like a career AHL'er. Closer in value to Teubert and Alex Plante then Marincin, who will be much better than all of these guys a year from now.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:04 PM
  #29
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Marincin's upside blows those three guys out of the water. Especially Olsen, he's looking like a career AHL'er. Closer in value to Teubert and Alex Plante then Marincin, who will be much better than all of these guys a year from now.
No, it doesn't. Especially not Johns. Olsen has had a rough start to his career, but can still be a decent bottom pairing Dman, which is all we need. We aren't going to give up Danault for a future bottom pairing Dman.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:05 PM
  #30
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
First off let me say i do not know Danault . But to use stats is not the tell all .
Lets look at Scott Steven,s Stats . They are not great . I would love to have a player like him on the Oiler,s . Now i am Not comparing Danault to Scott Steven,s . I am making a point stats do not tell all things . WHEN I DO NOT KNOW A PLAYER I TAKE THE OTHER TEAMS FANS WORD FOR IT , OF COURSE I KNOW ALL FANS OVER VALUE THEIR OWN PLAYERS A LITTLE .
I don't really think my post indicated that I was only basing my opinion on stats. Low scoring in junior is fine if a player is destined for a third line role and has the size or defensive acumen to back it up. But some Chi fans were talking about how awesome he'd be on the top line with Toews/Hossa. Danault's junior scoring is far too low to project him in that position.

I believe he projects as an average sized third liner who can pot 10-15 goals in his prime. If that is the case I'll take Marincin all day, every day. 6'5" 2nd pairing dman with high iq, good passing, good on the PP and above average defence (and just a bit of crazy).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
No, it doesn't. Especially not Johns. Olsen has had a rough start to his career, but can still be a decent bottom pairing Dman, which is all we need. We aren't going to give up Danault for a future bottom pairing Dman.
Why do you label Marincin a future bottom pairing Dman? He was top pairing in junior from day 1, he's top pairing in OKC from day one. He's excelled in both cases and put up the offence required.


Last edited by CSimpson18: 11-16-2012 at 04:47 PM.
CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:16 PM
  #31
GaryU
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Schaumburg,Il
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Not crazy aboot Hawks D-prospects...Hoping some of the NCAA boys come thru, Paliotta, Holl, Mattson...along w/Johns.

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:14 AM
  #32
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
It's one thing to have prospects, and a whole nother thing to have some with upside. That's a pretty sad looking list.

For the record, Edmonton wouldn't do this
LOL Nice try. The Hawks have three Defensive prospects better than Marincin.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 03:17 AM
  #33
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,378
vCash: 500
This trade doesn't make sense. While the Hawks defensive prospects are just ok - they have their top pairing locked down for the next 4-5 years and beyond. They don't need stud defensive prospects.

The Hawks need prospects like Danault more than anything.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:53 AM
  #34
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
This trade doesn't make sense. While the Hawks defensive prospects are just ok - they have their top pairing locked down for the next 4-5 years and beyond. They don't need stud defensive prospects.

The Hawks need prospects like Danault more than anything.
Every team in the league needs cheap young defensemen coming up into the system to replace other guys who are too old, too expensive, injured or not good enough. The Hawks are no exception, even if Keith - Seabrook are around for a while yet. I think you're dead wrong here, and shortsighted.

That said, Edmonton passes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
LOL Nice try. The Hawks have three Defensive prospects better than Marincin.
No.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 08:29 AM
  #35
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Every team in the league needs cheap young defensemen coming up into the system to replace other guys who are too old, too expensive, injured or not good enough. The Hawks are no exception, even if Keith - Seabrook are around for a while yet. I think you're dead wrong here, and shortsighted.

That said, Edmonton passes.




No.
The Hawks have defensemen coming through the system...? You're acting like the Hawks have nothing in the system. The guys in the system are adequate to be #4-6 dmen.

The bigger need is forward depth, which is what Danault brings... even if he doesn't end up being a center in the NHL.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:20 AM
  #36
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Why do you label Marincin a future bottom pairing Dman? He was top pairing in junior from day 1, he's top pairing in OKC from day one. He's excelled in both cases and put up the offence required.
Because he isnt going to be better than Leddy, Keith, Seabrook, or Hjalmarsson.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:25 AM
  #37
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
I am an Oilers fan and I think Olsen is better than Marincin, but as the other two I would think their is a gap between the other two and Marincin but that is just my opinion on the limited times i saw the other two
Olsen is better because he's older and has been developing longer. Just like Alex Plante is better than Marincin right now. I would rather have Marincin than either though, simply because his upside is through the roof. He could end up a top pair guy, although that is highly unlikely.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:26 AM
  #38
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Because he isnt going to be better than Leddy, Keith, Seabrook, or Hjalmarsson.
Not many are better than Keith or Seabrook. Its way to early to say Marincin won't be better than Leddy or Hjalmarsson though.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:28 AM
  #39
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
No, it doesn't. Especially not Johns. Olsen has had a rough start to his career, but can still be a decent bottom pairing Dman, which is all we need. We aren't going to give up Danault for a future bottom pairing Dman.
You obviously don't know anything about Marincin if you're calling him a future bottom pair guy.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:45 PM
  #40
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Not many are better than Keith or Seabrook. Its way to early to say Marincin won't be better than Leddy or Hjalmarsson though.
Marincin and Leddy are 11 months apart. How is it "too early" to tell considering one made a playoff roster and the other hasn't cracked the worst team i the league?

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:24 PM
  #41
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Not many are better than Keith or Seabrook. Its way to early to say Marincin won't be better than Leddy or Hjalmarsson though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
You obviously don't know anything about Marincin if you're calling him a future bottom pair guy.
So when I predict something it's "too early to tell", but when you say he isn't a future bottom pairing Dman, its fact?

If Marcinin is so great, why hasn't he cracked the pathetic blueline in EDM? He's played 20 games in the AHL, 0 in the NHL. He hasn't shown squat yet.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:53 PM
  #42
franfrey*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Olsen is better because he's older and has been developing longer. Just like Alex Plante is better than Marincin right now. I would rather have Marincin than either though, simply because his upside is through the roof. He could end up a top pair guy, although that is highly unlikely.

LOL you can't be serious!! Alex Plante is an absolute trainwreck. Yes he was an AHL all-star last year, but if you've watched any amount of Barons games this year, you'd notice just how bad Plante has been. He's even been a healthy healthy scratch once or twice if I'm not mistaken.
Martin Marincin on the other hand, has been playing very well on the top pairing with Justin Schultz.

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:56 PM
  #43
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So when I predict something it's "too early to tell", but when you say he isn't a future bottom pairing Dman, its fact?

If Marcinin is so great, why hasn't he cracked the pathetic blueline in EDM? He's played 20 games in the AHL, 0 in the NHL. He hasn't shown squat yet.
I'm not even going to waste my time responding to this foolishness...

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:57 PM
  #44
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
LOL you can't be serious!! Alex Plante is an absolute trainwreck. Yes he was an AHL all-star last year, but if you've watched any amount of Barons games this year, you'd notice just how bad Plante has been. He's even been a healthy healthy scratch once or twice if I'm not mistaken.
Martin Marincin on the other hand, has been playing very well on the top pairing with Justin Schultz.
I actually haven't watched much Barons this year, but was going off of how well Plante played last season. I'm aware that Marincin has been top pair, but 20 games is 20 games and Plante has been a good AHL defenseman for a few seasons.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 03:15 PM
  #45
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So when I predict something it's "too early to tell", but when you say he isn't a future bottom pairing Dman, its fact?

If Marcinin is so great, why hasn't he cracked the pathetic blueline in EDM? He's played 20 games in the AHL, 0 in the NHL. He hasn't shown squat yet.


You have just won HF boards with that comment

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:47 PM
  #46
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I'm not even going to waste my time responding to this foolishness...
Probably because he got you pegged.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:55 PM
  #47
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Because he isnt going to be better than Leddy, Keith, Seabrook, or Hjalmarsson.
Just because you think he won't be better than those 4, Hjalmarsson and Leddy he will be just as good as, does not make him a bottom pairing dman.

All that EDM fans are saying is if that is all that CHI will offer we will just keep him.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:57 PM
  #48
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So when I predict something it's "too early to tell", but when you say he isn't a future bottom pairing Dman, its fact?

If Marcinin is so great, why hasn't he cracked the pathetic blueline in EDM? He's played 20 games in the AHL, 0 in the NHL. He hasn't shown squat yet.
What an ignorant post, this is the kids first year out of Junior. EDM does not want to rush its dmen prospects and wants them to develop.


Last edited by spiny norman: 11-18-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: not needed
rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:58 PM
  #49
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,899
vCash: 500
Leddy is horribly underrated and it just goes to show on these boards how prospects that haven't made the NHL yet tend to get overrated while they excel in lesser leagues while prospects that have made the NHL tend to get underrated because they don't light the world on fire right away. Again, Marincin and Leddy are only 11 months apart and Leddy put up 37 points in the NHL last year. Yeah his defense needs work but most 20-21 year old Defenseman do. I doubt Marincin would do as well as Leddy did last year if he was in the NHL this year.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
  #50
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So when I predict something it's "too early to tell", but when you say he isn't a future bottom pairing Dman, its fact?

If Marcinin is so great, why hasn't he cracked the pathetic blueline in EDM? He's played 20 games in the AHL, 0 in the NHL. He hasn't shown squat yet.
20 year old who hasn't made the NHL? BUST...

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.