HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tracking the Locked Out Jets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2012, 06:04 PM
  #326
Jet
Moderator
Bogo Believer
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Christmas Island
Posts: 17,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Don't tempt him
Well, that would be how we would pay him

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:29 AM
  #327
Dima_BLR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Good Old Europe
Country: Belarus
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
one more stapler instead of kane please! this guy is not good enough for khl. all he can offer is pure speed without any hockey intellect. that is why he's about to be sent back to winnipeg.


Last edited by Dima_BLR: 11-15-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Dima_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:40 PM
  #328
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,118
vCash: 50
And we will be happy to welcome him back =)

We'll send you Miettinen when his contract expires.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:02 PM
  #329
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 50
Goals for Dreams Teams:

Team Stuart
Reaves
Jokinen
Richards
Bogosian
O`Brien
Wilson
Stuart
Weber
Mason

Team Ladd
Ladd
Toews
Keith
Little
Garbutt
Hnidy
Glass
Brouwer
Slater
Reimer

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:13 PM
  #330
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,705
vCash: 200
Bogosian's playing?! Has his wrist healed completely already? Thought I heard rumours that he was going to ref, or something along those lines.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:07 PM
  #331
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,424
vCash: 50
There was a commercial on 1290 saying he was going to be honorary coach.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:05 PM
  #332
cutchemist42
Registered User
 
cutchemist42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Nothing to add really except Garbutt's mom is a basketcase.........

cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
  #333
Potrzebie
Registered User
 
Potrzebie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 926
vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Goals for Dreams Teams:

Team Stuart
Reaves
Jokinen
Richards
Bogosian
O`Brien
Wilson
Stuart
Weber
Mason

Team Ladd
Ladd
Toews
Keith
Little
Garbutt
Hnidy
Glass
Brouwer
Slater
Reimer
Nice. I wonder if Laddy is going to put together a Glass, Slater, Toews line.

Potrzebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 05:23 PM
  #334
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1989
EURO-FLOPS

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...179778011.html

Sad but true...

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 05:58 PM
  #335
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,152
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Can Chipman even speak to him? Or is that just about Lockout stuff.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 06:02 PM
  #336
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
I just read that crap? How does he have a job? Both had their fair share of struggles, but that article is read for no other reason than to make people angry, what a joke. Straight troll job. Yes, it is a might concerning what happened with the players, but is a little perspective too much to ask for?

Kane's game did not suit the KHL. I think most people could have told you that before he left, I for one was super surprised he decided to head to Europe, he is designed for the grinding, north south NHL. So what if he can't play that style, I don't see the NHL moving to the big ice and the east west system orientated game anytime soon.

Pretty sure Lawless has zero idea what "bad faith negotiating" is...I mean at all. Unless Pavelec's arrest would have prevented him from playing hockey for the Winnipeg Jets AND Pavelec knew that, it is not bad faith negotiating.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 06:34 PM
  #337
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I just read that crap? How does he have a job? Both had their fair share of struggles, but that article is read for no other reason than to make people angry, what a joke. Straight troll job. Yes, it is a might concerning what happened with the players, but is a little perspective too much to ask for?

Kane's game did not suit the KHL. I think most people could have told you that before he left, I for one was super surprised he decided to head to Europe, he is designed for the grinding, north south NHL. So what if he can't play that style, I don't see the NHL moving to the big ice and the east west system orientated game anytime soon.

Pretty sure Lawless has zero idea what "bad faith negotiating" is...I mean at all. Unless Pavelec's arrest would have prevented him from playing hockey for the Winnipeg Jets AND Pavelec knew that, it is not bad faith negotiating.
Oh it's an obvious trolling... but it'll make hits when there isn't really any.

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 07:50 PM
  #338
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 264
Lawless with a brutal hatchet job there, essentially calling out Pavelec and Kane on their professionalism. I've actually been liking his columns more and more as of late, but that was some real rubbish journalism.

Holden summed it up re: Kane. With Pavelec, it's often the case that goalies playing at a lower level need some time to adjust to slower pace and slower shots. I know exactly what this is like, it's like seeing changeups when all you've been used to is fastballs.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:57 PM
  #339
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,404
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Lawless with a brutal hatchet job there, essentially calling out Pavelec and Kane on their professionalism. I've actually been liking his columns more and more as of late, but that was some real rubbish journalism.

Holden summed it up re: Kane. With Pavelec, it's often the case that goalies playing at a lower level need some time to adjust to slower pace and slower shots. I know exactly what this is like, it's like seeing changeups when all you've been used to is fastballs.
Apparently, Libertec also had shoddy defense.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 09:58 PM
  #340
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1989
Burmi tearing up the AHL, now at 176th place in scoring, tied for 3rd on team in scoring with Meech and O'Dell, 2 goals in 15 games or the same number of goals as Gregoire who has only played 8 games.

Aside from maybe Redmond or Postma is there anyone in St. Johns who would even warrant a training camp invite if the lockout was lifted (Burmi included)? Little Timmy in the KHL would be my first choice over any of the forwards in St. Johns.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:33 PM
  #341
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 50
Why do people keep bringing up Burmi's goals total?

He's a playmaking center. He's never going to score lots of goals.

Have you people ragging on him actually watched the ice caps play or are you guys just reading the stat sheet?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:39 PM
  #342
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Why do people keep bringing up Burmi's goals total?

He's a playmaking center. He's never going to score lots of goals.

Have you people ragging on him actually watched the ice caps play or are you guys just reading the stat sheet?
He won't be a play-making center if he can't score, don't think Burmi will be anything but a 3rd or 4th line center. As for his play in the AHL he should be one of the more dominant players on the ice after playing as an NHL regular the past two seasons.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:54 PM
  #343
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
He won't be a play-making center if he can't score, don't think Burmi will be anything but a 3rd or 4th line center. As for his play in the AHL he should be one of the more dominant players on the ice after playing as an NHL regular the past two seasons.
I don't think you quite understand the term play making center. Is Henrik Sedin a 3rd or 4th liner because he gets more assists than goals?

I'm curious as to where you think Burmi's flaws are. How so you think his game in st. Johns is looking? How many times have you watched him with the ice caps this season?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:01 PM
  #344
scelaton
Registered User
 
scelaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Lawless with a brutal hatchet job there, essentially calling out Pavelec and Kane on their professionalism. I've actually been liking his columns more and more as of late, but that was some real rubbish journalism.

Holden summed it up re: Kane. With Pavelec, it's often the case that goalies playing at a lower level need some time to adjust to slower pace and slower shots. I know exactly what this is like, it's like seeing changeups when all you've been used to is fastballs.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you guys and side with Lawless. I enjoy his candor and a guy like that is never going to please everyone with every column. In this case, I wouln't have written it any differently myself.
In my line of work, if you withhold info like that (DUI) from your employer and get caught, you're out of a job. Period. These players are multi-million dollar assets and are held up to a very high standard. It ain't like the old days...and if you don't believe Chipman is fuming about this, you don't understand his essential values. As for Pav's performance in goal, suffice to say I was nervous enough with his stats last season and this did nothing to assuage my concerns.
As for Kane, I acknowledge his raw talent, but have always doubted his hockey smarts and maturity. I doubt his swagger did him any good in Russia, not to mention his conditioning. I give him credit for giving it a try, but am not surprised he failed.
Both Pavelec and Kane are gifted athletes, but if you don't have the maturity, focus and discipline of a pro, you may never fulfill your potential.
All IMHO

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:50 PM
  #345
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Why do people keep bringing up Burmi's goals total?

He's a playmaking center. He's never going to score lots of goals.

Have you people ragging on him actually watched the ice caps play or are you guys just reading the stat sheet?
It's interesting because in every game he is one of the top 3 players on the team and sometimes the top player on either team.
He is creating offence and chances: setting up solid plays from behind the net and half wall, getting pucks to the net when it's needed, setting up Redmond/Postma for the PP, and so many solid breakout passes...

I think the above poster is being a tad stuborn. Yes it's a tad disapointing that Burmistrov doesn't have boxcar stats, but there is no indication when you watch or look at non-boxcar stats that he is anything but not being dominate.

It's not even a question really.

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:15 AM
  #346
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
I don't think you quite understand the term play making center. Is Henrik Sedin a 3rd or 4th liner because he gets more assists than goals?

I'm curious as to where you think Burmi's flaws are. How so you think his game in st. Johns is looking? How many times have you watched him with the ice caps this season?
Being drafted 8th overall, you hope he develops into a point scoring forward. Being his third year of professional hockey, it really should be a break-out year.

Now, if he were to get Wheeler-type stats or points, that would likely be fine with most everyone. But he's at a point/2 gp pace in the AHL, which is disappointing for most fans.

Therefore, if Burmi is playing well and creating chances, then fans can only conclude he's playing with slugs that have little chance of cracking an NHL roster. Which may be the case.

Bob E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:24 AM
  #347
scelaton
Registered User
 
scelaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
It's interesting because in every game he is one of the top 3 players on the team and sometimes the top player on either team.
He is creating offence and chances: setting up solid plays from behind the net and half wall, getting pucks to the net when it's needed, setting up Redmond/Postma for the PP, and so many solid breakout passes...

I think the above poster is being a tad stuborn. Yes it's a tad disapointing that Burmistrov doesn't have boxcar stats, but there is no indication when you watch or look at non-boxcar stats that he is anything but not being dominate.

It's not even a question really.
If you look at a player like Jokinen--drafted high, from afar and playing in the NHL at a tender young age, it wasn't until his 6th season that he broke out. It is certainly too early to judge how Burmi's career will pan out. Patience on our part and confidence on his, are the keys.
The only important question is whether he'd be better served in the A or NHL and I don't think anyone knows the right answer to that for certain. Personally, as I have said, I'd love to see the Caps hold on to him, play the crap out of him, and have him tear up the AHL. I just don't know how long that will take.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:44 AM
  #348
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
If you look at a player like Jokinen--drafted high, from afar and playing in the NHL at a tender young age, it wasn't until his 6th season that he broke out. It is certainly too early to judge how Burmi's career will pan out. Patience on our part and confidence on his, are the keys.
The only important question is whether he'd be better served in the A or NHL and I don't think anyone knows the right answer to that for certain. Personally, as I have said, I'd love to see the Caps hold on to him, play the crap out of him, and have him tear up the AHL. I just don't know how long that will take.
I think that's the concern on these boards, that's not happening so the concern that it never happens creeps in.

Bob E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:22 AM
  #349
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
I don't think you quite understand the term play making center. Is Henrik Sedin a 3rd or 4th liner because he gets more assists than goals?

I'm curious as to where you think Burmi's flaws are. How so you think his game in st. Johns is looking? How many times have you watched him with the ice caps this season?
Burmi's flaws: No clue what to do with the puck when he hits the oppositions blue-line, hangs on to the puck too long, never drives the net, takes shots from poor location and from bad angles, seems to lack hockey sense (albeit not to extent of Kane though)....

What type of center do call Jim Slater?

PS If some of you guys don't see a problem with an NHL regular (Burmi) not being able to score in the AHL I really don't know what to say.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:53 AM
  #350
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,424
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Can Chipman even speak to him? Or is that just about Lockout stuff.
Pretty sure you're right, that has to wait until the lockout is over.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.