HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread III (It's RGIII's Playground)

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
If Shanny is fired and Vinny gets brought back we might as well trade Griffin. It would be unfair to waste his time, give him a chance to win somewhere else.
Heh, we might actually get more draft picks than we gave up for him at this point.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Heh, we might actually get more draft picks than we gave up for him at this point.
And then we would trade those for Vick.

11-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Chokingdogs

really? some are suggesting that - if - shanny/allen get the boot, lap dog vinny will be brought back in??

danny has been, in the past, mind numbingly stupid, but bringing vinny back would make him certifiable....and i dont see that.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Millhaus

Yeah because bringing him back the 2nd time made all the sense in the world...

Old
11-10-2012, 01:18 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Jerry Jones just proclaimed himself GM for life with the Cowboys. Would anything surprise you from a billionare honestly?

Old
11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Cush
-inator

wow,St Louis - SF ends in a tie. Good thing McNabb wasn't on one of the teams

Old
11-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Devil Dancer

At least Jones has 3 Super Bowls on his resume.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Brian23

Bruce Allen is going no where.

Oddly, he wasn't Shanny's pick. Allen came first and tried to get Gruden, he said no because there was no QB and an aging D. Shanny was the 2nd option and Shanny won't be gone unless the rumors of Gruden coming back (and him accepting the job the 2nd time around) are true.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:25 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
Bruce Allen is going no where.

Oddly, he wasn't Shanny's pick. Allen came first and tried to get Gruden, he said no because there was no QB and an aging D. Shanny was the 2nd option and Shanny won't be gone unless the rumors of Gruden coming back (and him accepting the job the 2nd time around) are true.
Proof please because I do not remember things happening that way when Allen and Shanahan were hired.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:38 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Wouldnt mind seeing Chucky coach up RG3....

Old
11-13-2012, 06:16 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
I wanted Chuckie before Shanahan. And maybe after still. He is Allen's guy, or at least was.

Apparently Dan was miffed at Mike's odd comments after the last loss.

If Shanahan ever were to get fired, I feel like Dan would turn Allen for help. But man, that will be tough to replace Shanahan who has done all he can to make our OL as one dimensional as possible. Run block. Pass blocking, dont worry, play action takes care of that.

Only, he has no RB to spell Morris and its killing our offense.

I think a new coach will want to start from scratch and re-invent the OL, and have them be able to pass protect as a priority.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:18 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Can you really blame Shanny for all of the RBs getting hurt?

Old
11-13-2012, 11:07 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
IMHO Shanny gets at least another year regardless of what happens this system. Pretty clear the issues are with the roster/lack of depth. Don't mind the draft picks for RGIII naturally but man that 18mil cap hit next off season is still going to be painful.

11-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
IMHO Shanny gets at least another year regardless of what happens this system. Pretty clear the issues are with the roster/lack of depth. Don't mind the draft picks for RGIII naturally but man that 18mil cap hit next off season is still going to be painful.
The roster/lack of depth is also on Shanahan. At some point responsibility needs to fall on him and not keep blaming his predecessors. His drafts have been mediocre at best and his FA signings have been mainly swings and misses.

The team's performances on Sundays are getting worse and worse also. Should be an interesting one this weekend with two hapless NFC East teams going at it. Shanahan's been embarrassed twice the last two seasons when Philadelphia came here, let's see if he can make any progress on the third try.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:14 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Can you really blame Shanny for all of the RBs getting hurt?
Torches and pitch forks after a loss and bye week... yep

Lets see, this summer....

THT was never at full strength and Shanny knew all along.

Helu had a double Achilles. Have you ever heard of such a thing, let alone anyone heal from it? Even internet doctors generally know Achilles = year off.

I am fairly sure even Royster was injured much of camp and didn't play until the 4th preseason game. And got injured in game 4, as I remember, because I drafted him in fantasy. He got concussed last year and then injured additionally IIRC, maybe late in the year. Not sure, but he sure seems injury prone to me. Hardly a proven blocker to be a 3rd down back.

Morris was showing well but was a rookie. No one expected him to carry the load alone, but sure enough, he is. http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=WAS

Our backup RB only has 12 carries

Having seen so many RB's dominate in preseason over the years, and the fact that Shanahan's ZBS makes it easy for backs to run in it, yes I think there was a healthy RB somewhere in the world to be had. He clearly didn't think it was an issue.

The RB's didnt get hurt, they were hurt. When Morris get nicked up last game, it became clear we cannot pass with Morris out of the game.

Old
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
The roster/lack of depth is also on Shanahan. At some point responsibility needs to fall on him and not keep blaming his predecessors. His drafts have been mediocre at best and his FA signings have been mainly swings and misses.

The team's performances on Sundays are getting worse and worse also. Should be an interesting one this weekend with two hapless NFC East teams going at it. Shanahan's been embarrassed twice the last two seasons when Philadelphia came here, let's see if he can make any progress on the third try.
How can you make a comment like this and keep a straight face? The roster is being completely rebuilt. Simple as that. Look back on one of my previous posts showing Uncle Vinnys draft history in rounds 2-4 from 2002 to 2009. It takes more than 3 off seasons to make up for that bull****.

It also takes 2-3 years for draft picks to develop into NFL talent, if they ever do, so to say Shanahans draft pics to this point are mediocre is extremely short sighted.

I can understand fans getting impatient during a rebuild, but get a grip already. No one picked this team to have a winning record, never mind a playoff run. This is a time for player development. And right now the kids are struggling.

Maybe the team can get on a roll like the Caps did when BB took over, but not likely. In the mean time step off the ledge and understand what you are watching. A very young and inexperienced team with a lot of injuries trying to find its way.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd say after 3 offseasons a sucessful team has some very promising young players at many of the key positions....minimum. Most of our young promising guys are injured all of the time and we don't have that many to begin with. They haven't drafted well overall.

Turnarounds in the NFL don't have to take as long as you're suggesting. That said, in 3 years with a healthy RG3 and better drafting, I think this team is a contender anyway unless they somehow get worse at drafting.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...d-team-captain

RG3, team captain...

Old
11-15-2012, 12:35 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I'd say after 3 offseasons a sucessful team has some very promising young players at many of the key positions....minimum. Most of our young promising guys are injured all of the time and we don't have that many to begin with. They haven't drafted well overall.

Turnarounds in the NFL don't have to take as long as you're suggesting. That said, in 3 years with a healthy RG3 and better drafting, I think this team is a contender anyway unless they somehow get worse at drafting.
Welcome.

11-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
How can you make a comment like this and keep a straight face? The roster is being completely rebuilt. Simple as that. Look back on one of my previous posts showing Uncle Vinnys draft history in rounds 2-4 from 2002 to 2009. It takes more than 3 off seasons to make up for that bull****.

It also takes 2-3 years for draft picks to develop into NFL talent, if they ever do, so to say Shanahans draft pics to this point are mediocre is extremely short sighted.

I can understand fans getting impatient during a rebuild, but get a grip already. No one picked this team to have a winning record, never mind a playoff run. This is a time for player development. And right now the kids are struggling.

Maybe the team can get on a roll like the Caps did when BB took over, but not likely. In the mean time step off the ledge and understand what you are watching. A very young and inexperienced team with a lot of injuries trying to find its way.
I can very easily make the comments with a straight face. Sure the roster is being "completely" rebuilt, although every time Shanahan hears the "R" word he goes into one of his grumpy snits.

Yes, his draft picks have been mediocre...at best, other than Griffin who they sold the farm for. As usual, you're elevating the players he's picked far higher than they deserve. And just as importantly, his free agent signings have been poor.

Player development, yep just like Shanahan says. Like one of the Post writers said two weeks ago, what is the team doing in training camp? How many more players are going to be cut/dumped/traded, etc. As usual, with the Redskins, the wheel of rebuilding continues to slowly go around and around. It's always 2-3 years for this franchise. Always. No matter who's coaching. Never mind the fact other franchises have proved repeatedly that you can turn things around quickly, and without massive changes to personnel. Sometimes it just takes a competent coach.

No, I highly doubt they'll get on a roll. Despite your excuses, the lack of preparation and discipline (are they still worst in the league in penalties?) is more and more relevant each week. To the point where it's even pointless to watch Griffin play because it seems like it's only a matter of time before he gets maimed. Maybe the genius Shanahan can call a few more boneheaded plays like in Pittsburgh when he had him out as a receiver. I mean he doesn't get drilled enough already right?

Given how the Eagles seem to be even more of a train wreck than the Redskins right now, hopefully the team and their fearless leader will be able to make it a game this weekend. But given they are coming off a thrashing by the all-powerful Panthers, who knows what they'll do...

Old
11-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

You'd think that the Redskins would win, but the Eagles were struggling last year two and beat the Redskins twice.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
No, I highly doubt they'll get on a roll. Despite your excuses, the lack of preparation and discipline (are they still worst in the league in penalties?) is more and more relevant each week.
Dead last in penalties and penalty yards.

At this point it's up to Griffin to keep the season from going off the rails. That's a lot to ask and, as we've seen, he can only do so much. He needs receivers and trotting a gimpy Garcon out there seems like a desperate plan. Maybe Shanahan is feeling some pressure. He should be. If it goes off the rails entirely an overhaul has to be considered. They're already handicapped enough as it is the next couple years.

The Eagles OL is pretty rough but I still doubt the defense gets much pressure. McCoy and intermediate passing should be enough to combat crap D and offensive playcalling that lacks rhythm. Big question is whether Foles tries to do too much.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:44 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Under Shannahan, the team went from predominantly has-beens to predominantly never-will-bes. Yes, that's a philosophy change from a bad philosophy.

But it's not better. It's not worse. It's perennially sub-mediocre in a new style.

That's our brand: perennially sub-mediocre since 1992.

Could be worse...they could be the Wizards.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Cush
-inator

3rd and 1? let's pitch it!

Old
11-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
The Eagles fans who've been clamoring for Foles all season are suddenly quiet.

Closed Thread