HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge Thread (Home of All Things OT)

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Blues0307

vCash: 500
I've got Patterson ahead of Hunter now. Hunter seems to have the highest ceiling of any receiver in this draft, but every time I watch him I expect more out of him. He's too inconsistent. Patterson, on the other hand, makes players miss and looks like a man amongst boys.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Blues0307

Keenan Allen
Terrance Williams
Robert Woods
Quinton Patton
Cordarelle Patterson
Justin Hunter
Tavon Austin
etc...

This is shaping up to be a heck of a WR class, in fact, I think it's much like last year's class. No elite prospects, but really good depth. I've been wanting the Rams to draft a WR in the 1st round this whole season, but with the depth of this class, they may not have to. I still like Keenan Allen the best, but there will be talented receivers taken throughout the draft.

Old
11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
He may be a head case, but Jenkins can play some football.

Old
11-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
He may be a head case, but Jenkins can play some football.
Closing speed is elite, but he still needs to tighten up in coverage.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:48 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Bradford has to get rid of the ball. He hangs onto it entirely too long.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:25 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Rams really fudged that one, they should beat the Jets

Old
11-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Blues0307

Was at the game today. I really focused on our receivers, and they couldn't get separation all game (not even Amendola except on occasion) and the O-line was beaten badly today. Bradford had a couple bad throws, but I'm much more interested in how over-matched our receivers and O-line were today. I've made it known my thoughts on our receiving corp, but the O-line is just as bad. We need a huge upgrade at RT and guard before next season starts.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Im a big Bradford supporter, but he was as bad as everyone else today.

Woods is probably my favorite receiver in the draft, but none have separated themselves from the pack at WR this year. You wonder if we'll even draft another receiver early though, we got a nice group if Quick develops. Amendola needs to stay healthy too, he is small and gets tackled as much as any receiver. Gibson has even proven to be a reliable target, but he needs someone to open up the field for him. Givens has a chance to be that guy, but he is a one trick pony right now.

I sure hope we spend one of those 1st rounders on a safety who can cover, too. Or try Trumaine there, but our corners need some help back there. I know Fischer doesnt like to spend early picks on linemen, but spending one of the first rounders on a G/T might also make some sense.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Thekidline

So there are rumors of Elvis Andrus and Asdrubal Cabrera being on the trading block..... The Cardinals are rumored to have interest in them.

Who would you prefer and what cost would you be willing to pay to acquire your pick?

Old
11-28-2012, 04:58 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I'd love to have either. I guess if I had to choose I would take Andrus. He's younger, cheaper, faster, and has a lot of playoff experience. I LOVE watching Cabrera play the field, and he has more pop in his bat. However, I think Andrus is the ideal number 2 hitter in the Cards lineup. We have enough power, what this team lacks sorely is speed, and Elvis has plenty of it. I'm not really certain about Texas' needs, but I'd be willing to give up one of the young arms(Kelly, Rosenthal, Miller, Lynn) and either another prospect, or one of our utility MLBers(Descalso, Carpenter, Schumaker). For me, any 2 prospects is on the table with the exception of Tavaras and Wong. Any more than that, it would be tough. I don't want to lose too many of the young arms in the system.

EDIT: Forgot about Matt Adams. I can imagine Texas would be interested in him, and since I don't see Craig going anywhere any time soon, I think he's pretty expendable at this point.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Blues0307

I don't know much about Cabrera, but I wouldn't give up Rosenthal or Miller for Andrus. Each has ace potential and will be cheap for several years. The other players you mentioned, including Adams, I'd be willing to deal.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:21 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

My only hesitation with dealing for Andrus is the fact that his agent is Scott Boras. You can bet he is going to milk every single dollar out of the team for his client like he always does. He will be a hot commodity come free agency in 2015, and the pinstripes will almost certainly be in the market for a young shortstop. We need to solidify the shortstop position, though. Furcal is still a solid player, but he's getting up there in age. Stephen Drew is a free agent and should come at a lower price tag. As I said earlier, Cabrera would certainly satisfy me too. Love watching him play shortstop.

EDIT: Just noticed that Drew's agent is Scott Boras too. Even after a down year, Boras will try to get him a big contract. I know that's an agent's job, but he seems to be more successful than most at pushing the envelope.

Last edited by MattyMo35: 11-28-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old
11-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

What are others thoughts on the WRs? I'm really high on Allen and I also like the duo from Tennessee. Shame Marquis Lee isn't eligible.

Robert Woods has fallen off big time IMO

Old
11-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Nick the Viking

not sure if this is appropriate here but we're playing an elimination game on the Canucks board and the Blues are down to the final 5 or so - I'm trying to help em stay alive, if you're interested in helping follow this link: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...274109&page=23

Old
11-29-2012, 10:47 AM
SirPaste

If we go the trade route Id rather go after Cabrera mostly because I think he would cost less in assets to acquire. But Id be happy with Andrus also. For some reason I see us signing Drew though, which I wouldnt mind either. We definitely need to address the middle infield though, I dont trust Furcal to stay healthy and we dont currently have a second baseman, not a fan of Descalso as an everyday player.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
What are others thoughts on the WRs? I'm really high on Allen and I also like the duo from Tennessee. Shame Marquis Lee isn't eligible.

Robert Woods has fallen off big time IMO
Robert Woods has become my top receiver for the Rams to take. He's becoming underrated these days. He's the best route runner of the top receivers in the draft, he has great hands, and he's got good speed, although an ankle injury this year looks to have slowed him a little. All in all, he's a safer choice but I think he'll become a polished NFL receiver.

I'm also high on Keenan Allen because I think he has higher upside than Woods(but more bust potential), and he's a more fluid athlete.

Cordarelle Patterson has the highest upside of any receiver in the draft(if he actually enters the draft), but he's a terrible route runner, so he will be a boom/bust pick. I'm not high on Justin Hunter, his hands are way too inconsistent and he disappears a lot during games.

If we wait til the 3rd round to take a receiver, I'd pick Markus Wheaton. The guy is explosive.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:01 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Wow that was a great game for the Rams today. If they had an sort of an offense, they'd be challenging for a playoff spot. We desperately need a big play wide receiver that is long and can run. Giving Sam a big target in the red zone would be such a benefit, and would also be a good complement to the speedy, small guys that we have now.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Wow that was a great game for the Rams today. If they had an sort of an offense, they'd be challenging for a playoff spot. We desperately need a big play wide receiver that is long and can run. Giving Sam a big target in the red zone would be such a benefit, and would also be a good complement to the speedy, small guys that we have now.
I actually like our group of receivers with the development of Givens, at least when Amendola is healthy.

Givens is really developing into a solid receiver, he has been getting open on shorter routes the last couple of weeks. If we can get a healthy Amendola out there, it gives Bradford two targets who can open up the field for the rest of the WRs and TEs.

The fact they are so unwilling to use Quick is worrying, how bad is this guy if he cant beat out Steve Smith for playing time. And where was Gibson today? IMO, he is much, much better than Pettis/Smith.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Thekidline

Yost out as mizzou OC

Old
12-03-2012, 10:28 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidline View Post
Yost out as mizzou OC
THANK GOD! He was always never more than a quarterbacks coach.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
I actually like our group of receivers with the development of Givens, at least when Amendola is healthy.

Givens is really developing into a solid receiver, he has been getting open on shorter routes the last couple of weeks. If we can get a healthy Amendola out there, it gives Bradford two targets who can open up the field for the rest of the WRs and TEs.

The fact they are so unwilling to use Quick is worrying, how bad is this guy if he cant beat out Steve Smith for playing time. And where was Gibson today? IMO, he is much, much better than Pettis/Smith.
I want a guy that can go up and get the ball in the red zone. Pettis is the only receiver with some size. It's so difficult for Bradford to put the ball in the end zone while he's in the red zone because all of his receivers are small, speedy guys. There's no room for them to get open. I like Givens and I like Amendola. Gibson seems to be hit or miss. I was excited about Quick when we drafted him, but nothing I've seen thus far is encouraging. If he can't beat out Smith, he had no place being drafted that high. He's 6'4 and a decent athlete, he must have the worst route running ability of all time if he's not beating out Smith.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
I want a guy that can go up and get the ball in the red zone. Pettis is the only receiver with some size. It's so difficult for Bradford to put the ball in the end zone while he's in the red zone because all of his receivers are small, speedy guys. There's no room for them to get open. I like Givens and I like Amendola. Gibson seems to be hit or miss. I was excited about Quick when we drafted him, but nothing I've seen thus far is encouraging. If he can't beat out Smith, he had no place being drafted that high. He's 6'4 and a decent athlete, he must have the worst route running ability of all time if he's not beating out Smith.
Pettis has size, but he doesnt use it enough, and he makes me cringe when he is back there to return kicks and punts. His separation skills are sub par IMO, just lacks that burst.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Just an out there idea for fun.

What would you trade to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald? It's clear they need a complete and total overhaul and that means acquiring draft picks and freeing up money.

So first and a third? First and a second? 2 firsts? Shut up man you are completely crazy?

Old
12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Fitzgerald is their Jackson, he won't be moved.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
THANK GOD! He was always never more than a quarterbacks coach.
Who scored lots and lots of points and also managed to recruit the most highly rated recruit in Mizzou history.

Closed Thread