*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 07:10 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I wonder if 1000 fans will show up? Im kidding. I did read they average around 2500 people per game and that it will pick up once High school football is over? I bet Mcdavid alone would fill many ontario based OHL teams. They dont know what they are missing, but the interest isnt there. Oscar Dansk I hope he doesnt get tired during this season facing all that rubber. Dansk is so darn impressive as well. U add Pelech, Harper, Brown to that mix and its a entertaining team to watch. Id really start to give the 3 96 born players a ton of ice time. I really want to see more of Pettit and Felker. I think both there game's can grow big time with ice time. It will bode well for next year. Looks like Erie may be out of the playoff and in the top 3. I like that idea of drafting a super talented kid in the Top 3 next year. There will be a few Super talented guys in the first part of the first round.
Another good draft and a coaching change will what the doctor orders
Get ranger asst coach Trey Smith in there,he is young ,eager and ready

Old
11-14-2012, 08:41 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Another good draft and a coaching change will what the doctor orders
Get ranger asst coach Trey Smith in there,he is young ,eager and ready
I agree that Pettit need to get more ice time and he should take a lot more D zone face off. Felker needs more ice time to develop and can have a big up side by the end of the year. and both coaches have to go.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:26 AM
MonsterSurge

My wants to drive to Cleveland tomorrow instead. I appreciate all of the info, and I'll use it when we finally make it there! Is there any chance of us making the playoffs?

Old
11-16-2012, 01:05 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
My wants to drive to Cleveland tomorrow instead. I appreciate all of the info, and I'll use it when we finally make it there! Is there any chance of us making the playoffs?
For Erie to make the playoffs two big things need to happen. They need to improve as a team defensively, not just the defenseman but everyone else as well. Although they should acquire a strong top 4 defenseman because that is a huge hole that needs filled. Secondly I think a coaching change has to be made. The team is sloppy and unorganized most of the time, their strategy to get the puck out of their own end is icing the puck 75 percent of the time.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:14 AM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
For Erie to make the playoffs two big things need to happen. They need to improve as a team defensively, not just the defenseman but everyone else as well. Although they should acquire a strong top 4 defenseman because that is a huge hole that needs filled. Secondly I think a coaching change has to be made. The team is sloppy and unorganized most of the time, their strategy to get the puck out of their own end is icing the puck 75 percent of the time.

100% Agree

Old
11-16-2012, 11:26 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
100% Agree
I agree with your statement, the team as a whole has to play better defence. the coaching staff is the worst and they needs to go other wise the team that has so much talent will keep slidding backwards and it is not fair to the players, fan and supporters

Old
11-17-2012, 12:59 AM
mapleleaf979

Erie needs to draft a top 3 guy. Tonight the lack of high end forwards was so evident. They need a few guys who play physical forwards as well. Pettit impressed me tonight. He had a few shifts with Mcdavid on the wing, which i like alot.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:18 AM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Erie needs to draft a top 3 guy. Tonight the lack of high end forwards was so evident. They need a few guys who play physical forwards as well. Pettit impressed me tonight. He had a few shifts with Mcdavid on the wing, which i like alot.
I watched the game last night and Pettit is a strong player that I agree he bring a physical play and good hockey sences that will in time make him a true top foward one day. This team has lots of talent but has to learn how to work as a team in the D zone, once they learn how to do this I think they will make the playoff.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:24 AM
JL17

What the status on Fox??

Old
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
KnightSpit

Erie What Is Going On ?

Wow !
I mostly follow the Knights and Windsor, but since the arrival of McDavid Have taken a real interest in Erie. Looks like you guys are in big trouble. Can the Erie experts answer and / or comment of some of the following ?

54 shots given up last night against Kitchener, I watched the game last night, what a joke. Haven't you guys been giving up around 45 shots per game ? Hats off to your 2 goalies who stand on their heads and see more rubber than a Good Year Tire Factory.

Your D, for the most part were pushed around like rag dolls, in the corner and in front of their own net. As for you D what about the following:
You let Maskant go for nothing, a reliable, 6 ft 4, stay at home monster, you had that Murphy kid in your system 6 ft 3, two way offensive/defensive D , did he go NCAA ? now no where to be found, some other guy on your team I think a D from last year, would not even report to camp and WTF is with Kuleshov, I mean that guy is a human pylon, 17 games, no points, 8 penalty minutes and a minus 12. Wasn't this guy some sort of KHL phenom, how did they scout him, via You Tube ?

Stephen Harper, where is he, that guy is easily a first or second line forward, if you don't want him, London or Windsor would take him in a second. If it keeps up like this, even a class act like McDavid, who is the real deal, will eventually want out, our demand a trade. Too bad cause apparently the fans in Erie are some of the most loyal and passionate in the OHL. Thanks in advance for all you answers and opinions.

Last edited by KnightSpit: 11-17-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old
11-17-2012, 11:38 AM
KnightSpit

Hey Pro Watcher, you sound like you know alot about Erie, hopefully you can add some light to my "What Is Going on Erie Post ?

Thanks

Old
11-17-2012, 12:35 PM
mapleleaf979

HArper didnt play last night . Unless im blind. Harper has been struggling this year from my view. Harper is one of those players that needs a playmaker really badly to play his game. Im not impressed at all with Harper this year. Its still early and I am not sure if he has some nagging injury. Pettit is going to make great strides from here on out. Aside from that Mcdavid line, no other line can generate offense on the regular. Mcdavid has elevated Labardo and Brown. That line still could use some muscle as Labardo is suppose to be the grinder but is too small. All 3 skate well.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:41 PM
JL17

I noticed in the couple of games I've seen him this year he looks slow and sluggish on the ice. He's a hard worker but maybe a little too much working out and doing the wrong things may have lead to him being slower this year then last.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:17 PM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Hey Pro Watcher, you sound like you know alot about Erie, hopefully you can add some light to my "What Is Going on Erie Post ?

Thanks
I agree Harper is the real deal why they have him on a grind line is up for grabs as for Maaskant he is big has the right build but know hockey sence,he takes him self out of the play to much thats one of the reason why he had such a bad plus minus.Kuleshov playing in the YHL is very diffrent then the OHL in the YHL it is a much more selfish way they play that is why he is always trying to skate with the puck and that is why he turns the puck over so much I think in time he could learn to move the puck and not worrie so much about being the play. As for the Defence the hole team has to do more. what is so crazy is there PK is great they plays as a team and they create a lot.This team has a lot of talent to make the play offs .The big question is do they have the right coaches to get them there.Last night Harper was sick and didn't play, as for MacDavid he is truly the best hockey player to come a long. when he is 18 he will be in the NHL playing. I only hope that the GM make the right moves so MacDavid dosnt want to leave.

Last edited by prowatcher: 11-17-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 07:53 PM
mapleleaf979

Pettit is getting more Ice and he is lethal on that forecheck. Pettit looks like an 18yr old. Good on draws. Id bump him from the fourth to the third line/second line mix. Id mix him in with Harper and MCdavid and Brown. Pettit should flourish with one of those 3 guys.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:07 AM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Wow !
I mostly follow the Knights and Windsor, but since the arrival of McDavid Have taken a real interest in Erie. Looks like you guys are in big trouble. Can the Erie experts answer and / or comment of some of the following ?

54 shots given up last night against Kitchener, I watched the game last night, what a joke. Haven't you guys been giving up around 45 shots per game ? Hats off to your 2 goalies who stand on their heads and see more rubber than a Good Year Tire Factory.

Your D, for the most part were pushed around like rag dolls, in the corner and in front of their own net. As for you D what about the following:
You let Maskant go for nothing, a reliable, 6 ft 4, stay at home monster, you had that Murphy kid in your system 6 ft 3, two way offensive/defensive D , did he go NCAA ? now no where to be found, some other guy on your team I think a D from last year, would not even report to camp and WTF is with Kuleshov, I mean that guy is a human pylon, 17 games, no points, 8 penalty minutes and a minus 12. Wasn't this guy some sort of KHL phenom, how did they scout him, via You Tube ?

Stephen Harper, where is he, that guy is easily a first or second line forward, if you don't want him, London or Windsor would take him in a second. If it keeps up like this, even a class act like McDavid, who is the real deal, will eventually want out, our demand a trade. Too bad cause apparently the fans in Erie are some of the most loyal and passionate in the OHL. Thanks in advance for all you answers and opinions.
Major junior guys can't play NCAA hockey. They're seen as pros.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:15 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Wow !

I agree with you on the Murphy decision, I feel as if he shouldn't have been let go.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:18 PM
KnightSpit

Erie Defence and shots on net

NHL Fanatic

Yeah that one was weird. I was looking at the roseters of "D" on London, Windsor and Erie and that Murphy kid was listed on your roster, right up to just before the first regular season game. I remember him from last year when he played against the Knights and he actaully looked pretty dcecent, they even used him on the PP wiht Olden and McKeeg and that is why I noticed him, by the way thanks for McKeeg, class act. If the guy is still in your system either London or Windsor could use him in a trade.

Back to last night, I saw in the game summary, wow another 49 shots given up ? No way Erie makes the playoffs if that keeps up. Even though Eire won last night, it was your goalie who should be the first, second and third star.

I also take it you guys are stuck with Kuleshov, regardless and can't really trade that guy, cause no other time is gonna take a guy who's played that much "O" hockey and is a complete bust, hoepfully you did not give up too much for him. Let me know if you find out where that Murphy kid eneded up?

Old
11-18-2012, 02:21 PM
KnightSpit

Thanks Monster Surge. I did not know that, I thought you ahd to play like a full season in the "O". Guess it is a tought decsion for alot of kids, O or NCAA ?

Old
11-18-2012, 02:44 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Thanks Monster Surge. I did not know that, I thought you ahd to play like a full season in the "O". Guess it is a tough decision for alot of kids, O or NCAA ?
And once you make that decision it's pretty much done.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:08 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
NHL Fanatic

Yeah that one was weird. I was looking at the roseters of "D" on London, Windsor and Erie and that Murphy kid was listed on your roster, right up to just before the first regular season game. I remember him from last year when he played against the Knights and he actaully looked pretty dcecent, they even used him on the PP wiht Olden and McKeeg and that is why I noticed him, by the way thanks for McKeeg, class act. If the guy is still in your system either London or Windsor could use him in a trade.

Back to last night, I saw in the game summary, wow another 49 shots given up ? No way Erie makes the playoffs if that keeps up. Even though Eire won last night, it was your goalie who should be the first, second and third star.

I also take it you guys are stuck with Kuleshov, regardless and can't really trade that guy, cause no other time is gonna take a guy who's played that much "O" hockey and is a complete bust, hoepfully you did not give up too much for him. Let me know if you find out where that Murphy kid eneded up?
Murphy plays for the Port Colborne Pirates in the GOJHL junior league.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:34 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
That is correct and I agree with all of you. When Murphy was cut at camp i was shocked because I thought he was pretty much a lock to make the team. I watched him at the rookie camp and he looked to be one of the better defenseman that day. I would rather have him over Kuleshov right now but I would not call him a bust just yet. He is just 17 and adapting to a much different North American style hockey. I think he needs some more time to get used to the difference. He has not been as advertised so far but it is still relatively early and he is young as well.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
prowatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
That is correct and I agree with all of you. When Murphy was cut at camp i was shocked because I thought he was pretty much a lock to make the team. I watched him at the rookie camp and he looked to be one of the better defenseman that day. I would rather have him over Kuleshov right now but I would not call him a bust just yet. He is just 17 and adapting to a much different North American style hockey. I think he needs some more time to get used to the difference. He has not been as advertised so far but it is still relatively early and he is young as well.
I agree with you they would have been better keeping Murphy, since Erie still has his rights I would think they will call him back around the first of the year.Now that Woods has been moved to LW the Otter only have 7 D now.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
KnightSpit

What's going on in Erie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Thanks for that info. Yeah I looked up the Kids stats on that team, he has 14 points in 18 games played, 7 goals and 7 assists, 5 of the goals on the PP.

Where is Port Colborne, forgive me for the lack of geography, is it an Erie feeder team ?

Send us that Murphy Kid and Harper in a deal and London will send back a couple of picks (as you are rebuilding) and we will also throw in some cash, not like we don't have tons of that lying around and a London Knights autographed McKeeg Jersey LOL !

Old
11-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
"and a London Knights autographed McKeeg Jersey LOL !
I'm pretty sure everyone ever has a signed Kegger jersey because of the 2011 playoff run. Good times

Closed Thread