HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The new All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2012, 10:15 AM
  #1
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!
 
spiny norman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
The new All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD Warning in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
MOD WARNING:

I know we had a 30+ Lu thread prior to this one that went down hill after countless Admin/Mod warnings. Let's please stay civil and respect one another. If you do get an infraction, expect to be removed from the trade board altogether. There will be no further warnings.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...99&postcount=1

Continue.

Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1282091

spiny norman is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 10:24 AM
  #2
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
I'm first!!

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:20 PM
  #3
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 36,040
vCash: 50
****

second

Linden is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:28 PM
  #4
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Iran
Posts: 2,749
vCash: 500
Luongo for Reilly

Nuck This is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:31 PM
  #5
I am Canadian
Have faith.
 
I am Canadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,642
vCash: 500
An aging goalie on a ridiculous contract with potential punishments on its way for retirement contracts. On top of this they are asking for JVR, Rielly or Gardiner.

No thanks.

I am Canadian is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
  #6
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Iran
Posts: 2,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Canadian View Post
An aging goalie on a ridiculous contract with potential punishments on its way for retirement contracts. On top of this they are asking for JVR, Rielly or Gardiner.

No thanks.
Have fun missing the playoffs for the next five years. The leafs have the worst goaltending and defense in the entire NHL.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
  #7
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Luongo for Reilly
I'd rather have a top 5 pick again than trade the value you want for a 33 year old, 5.33 cap until he is in his 40s, declining top 10 goalie, that is also inconsistent with ******** the bed in the 1st 20ish games. And a choker. There is my rant, and can you please switch to Forida or Edmonton proposals?

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:50 PM
  #8
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I'd rather have a top 5 pick again than trade the value you want for a 33 year old, 5.33 cap until he is in his 40s, declining top 10 goalie, that is also inconsistent with ******** the bed in the 1st 20ish games. And a choker. There is my rant, and can you please switch to Forida or Edmonton proposals?
While I understand not wanting to trade Rielly he looks like a stud,good West Van boy I might add.

The rest of your rant is completely wrong, and has been proven to be wrong. 5.3 mil is a good cap hit for a top 10 goalie, which he most certainly is. Lui actually put up numbers similar to Thomas, who was the run away MVP of the playoffs, out dueled him in 3 games, in the stanley cup final... oh and won a gold medal. what a chocker.

racerjoe is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:37 PM
  #9
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
While I understand not wanting to trade Rielly he looks like a stud,good West Van boy I might add.

The rest of your rant is completely wrong, and has been proven to be wrong. 5.3 mil is a good cap hit for a top 10 goalie, which he most certainly is. Lui actually put up numbers similar to Thomas, who was the run away MVP of the playoffs, out dueled him in 3 games, in the stanley cup final... oh and won a gold medal. what a chocker.
You've proven that Luongo's contract won't be a problem in the future? Can you please prove the upcomming lotery numbers for me too?

blankall is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:41 PM
  #10
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Well this one started out well.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:42 PM
  #11
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
The only team Luo's contract would harm is the Canucks if the caphit goes back to VAN if he retires, not the team who acquires him.

Also I would like to both provide you with a spell checker. Use chrome kids.

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:43 PM
  #12
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Have fun missing the playoffs for the next five years. The leafs have the worst goaltending and defense in the entire NHL.
If you're going to slag them at least try to be accurate - they were second worse in goals against.

colchar is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:48 PM
  #13
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
The only team Luo's contract would harm is the Canucks if the caphit goes back to VAN if he retires, not the team who acquires him.

Also I would like to both provide you with a spell checker. Use chrome kids.
Or if Luongo, who is now 33, takes a step back i his play. There are six more years before his "retirement years" start. If Luongo was on the open market right now, do you think anyone would give him a six year contract? The goalie market has chaged. Too many teams have been stung, and teams no longer provide those kind of contracts to aging goalies.

blankall is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:06 PM
  #14
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Or if Luongo, who is now 33, takes a step back i his play. There are six more years before his "retirement years" start. If Luongo was on the open market right now, do you think anyone would give him a six year contract? The goalie market has chaged. Too many teams have been stung, and teams no longer provide those kind of contracts to aging goalies.
What if a team traded for Crosby, and he took a step back? He has head issues?

What if Parise has knee issues and can no longer perform up to par?

What if Riemer plays like he did after the concussion?

Everything is a gamble some are just better to try.

racerjoe is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:08 PM
  #15
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
Teams have been burned by players both young and old, forward, defends or goalie. On ELCs or 10 year deals so your point is moot. By your logic every player should be on a one year deal...

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:14 PM
  #16
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Or if Luongo, who is now 33, takes a step back i his play. There are six more years before his "retirement years" start. If Luongo was on the open market right now, do you think anyone would give him a six year contract? The goalie market has chaged. Too many teams have been stung, and teams no longer provide those kind of contracts to aging goalies.
I forgot to add teams would easily do it. Look at the Bryz contract.

racerjoe is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:17 PM
  #17
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
What if a team traded for Crosby, and he took a step back? He has head issues?

What if Parise has knee issues and can no longer perform up to par?

What if Riemer plays like he did after the concussion?

Everything is a gamble some are just better to try.

This is spot on, but what you haven't factored in is the risk reward in regards to this trade. If we trade a decent roster player a mid level prospect and a 1st in 2014 to van for lou then the risk seems appropriate because that would be the value needed to give up to get toronto into the playoffs. Now on the other hand if we give up a top prospect or high end roster player for lou even just to make the playoffs, the risk in trading said high end players is no longer appropriate. Toronto is not a cup contender now and may not be for a few years, so the risk of letting top flight players go for lou is not worth the reward of an early playoff exit. Also just to be fair this entire post can be flipped around and used the same way for van city as well, and that is why a deal cannot be agreed upon by both fan bases.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
  #18
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Well this one started out well.
Ahh lucky...it always starts this way...it will level out.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
  #19
stryfe604
Registered User
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
This is spot on, but what you haven't factored in is the risk reward in regards to this trade. If we trade a decent roster player a mid level prospect and a 1st in 2014 to van for lou then the risk seems appropriate because that would be the value needed to give up to get toronto into the playoffs. Now on the other hand if we give up a top prospect or high end roster player for lou even just to make the playoffs, the risk in trading said high end players is no longer appropriate. Toronto is not a cup contender now and may not be for a few years, so the risk of letting top flight players go for lou is not worth the reward of an early playoff exit. Also just to be fair this entire post can be flipped around and used the same way for van city as well, and that is why a deal cannot be agreed upon by both fan bases.
And that should be enough to stop the bickering... Key word "should". Sadly it won't be. Solid post, would read again.

stryfe604 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:31 PM
  #20
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
This is spot on, but what you haven't factored in is the risk reward in regards to this trade. If we trade a decent roster player a mid level prospect and a 1st in 2014 to van for lou then the risk seems appropriate because that would be the value needed to give up to get toronto into the playoffs. Now on the other hand if we give up a top prospect or high end roster player for lou even just to make the playoffs, the risk in trading said high end players is no longer appropriate. Toronto is not a cup contender now and may not be for a few years, so the risk of letting top flight players go for lou is not worth the reward of an early playoff exit. Also just to be fair this entire post can be flipped around and used the same way for van city as well, and that is why a deal cannot be agreed upon by both fan bases.
I pretty much agree with this, but few posters are asking for the moon, besides that one guy saying rielly, and Y2K.

The basis for most trades hs been
Bozak/Kulimem
Kadri/Finn/Colbourn
1st (lots of disputes on how this first is given)

But something like this seems to be the common ground.

racerjoe is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:36 PM
  #21
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Have fun missing the playoffs for the next five years. The leafs have the worst goaltending and defense in the entire NHL.
There is nothing wrong with the leafs d. That is a solid group. Now the coaching on the other hand...

ginner classic is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:36 PM
  #22
Todds Chiropractory
Registered User
 
Todds Chiropractory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 50
Im starting to fall into the keep luongo move schneider camp. I think most of us who watched the majority or nucks games last year can tell you that both of these guys bailed us out night in night out and luongo played a huge role in our regular season success last year. In other words the guy is still an all star and it only hurts the team if we move an allstar for low value due to contact issues. I have full confidence that luongo will be at a cup contnding level for another few years and that could possibly stretch oht even longer, who knows. But if we move schneider i think we could get a piece that could really put this team over the top and give them the best shot at winning a cup, and at the end of the day thats what its all about.

Todds Chiropractory is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:47 PM
  #23
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Teams have been burned by players both young and old, forward, defends or goalie. On ELCs or 10 year deals so your point is moot. By your logic every player should be on a one year deal...
Is it really that hard to see that older players are a bigger gamble?

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:49 PM
  #24
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I pretty much agree with this, but few posters are asking for the moon, besides that one guy saying rielly, and Y2K.

The basis for most trades hs been
Bozak/Kulimem
Kadri/Finn/Colbourn
1st (lots of disputes on how this first is given)

But something like this seems to be the common ground.
For a goaltender with lou's resume that is more then fair to ask for especially if the team offering the package needs lou to win the cup. The leafs aren't that team but, if I was burke and gillis called me and said bozak, colborne, and a 2014 1st gets you lou then I think long and hard about it. Now a lot of leaf fans will say I'm crazy but bozak is a decent top 6 player/tweener, big joe is a mid level prospect, and the 1st is a 1st. All of these pieces at some point have a replacement through the marlies or in junior, and what we gain is an elite goaltender with a questionable term on his contract. The aquisition of lou at this price would also help to attract higher end free agents in the next few years as well adding to his potential value to the leafs.

Hockey 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:53 PM
  #25
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,077
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Luongo for Reilly
Are you serious? Guess not.

__________________
BLOW IT UP
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=119750&dateline=13841  93598
legendinblue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.