HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Zandar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan100 View Post
I don't think the Avs should keep trading away their best prospects all the time. They got great scouting, but sadly they are aruably one of those teams that have great scouts but treat their young guys/prospects like crap. One example is Stewart and Shattenkirk, our 1st round picks in 07 and 08 - traded.

Aside from that, I hope the Avs can keep Pickard and Aitto. We got Giggy for at least another 2 years, after that he'll probably retire, then there's Varlamov who has potential to be the starter for 10+ years. By the time Giggy is gone, at least Pickard or Aitto will make their debut in the NHL.

Thankfully, no need to worry about goalies for a long, long time.
Plenty of teams trade young guys/prospects. You have to trade quality for quality (Shattenkirk). The Avs sold high on Stewart, Winnik, Wolski, and Galiardi. Before hand, they dumped guys like Williams and Cohen because they were not going to work out or were issues. Stoa and Hensick were not re-signed and they went out and got two big bodies who actually use their bodies for LE and depth. You have to look all the way back to Boychuk for a good example of not handling correctly. There are actually no examples since the last lockout that shows any young player/prospect of value being treated like crap.
They gave Mueller plenty of time to get back to being productive so even he can't be considered being treated unfairly.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Plenty of teams trade young guys/prospects. You have to trade quality for quality (Shattenkirk). The Avs sold high on Stewart, Winnik, Wolski, and Galiardi. Before hand, they dumped guys like Williams and Cohen because they were not going to work out or were issues. Stoa and Hensick were not re-signed and they went out and got two big bodies who actually use their bodies for LE and depth. You have to look all the way back to Boychuk for a good example of not handling correctly. There are actually no examples since the last lockout that shows any young player/prospect of value being treated like crap.
They gave Mueller plenty of time to get back to being productive so even he can't be considered being treated unfairly.
Greg Sherman says thanks for the compliments.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

No replies for over 24 hours...there ain't nothing left to say!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1279653&page=8

I have effectively 'won' HFboards!

Old
11-16-2012, 10:07 PM
nicholas89alex

Im not a Colorado fan or Oilers fan so this trade proposal doesnt have any fan inluence in it.

edm gets
Landaskong
2nd

col gets
yakupov

My reasoning behind this is that colorado doesnt have a game breaker currently they have lots of solid players who are god all around but nobody on there team will produce ppg. I like Landaskong a ton I think hes going to be a good player, however I dont see him producing over 70 points in his career. Hes a guy who compliments other players, makes space for the stars, battles in corners to get the puck, and back checks.

Edmonton on the other hand doesnt have a player in the top 6 who does what landaskong does and I dont see edmonton having Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, yakupov on a line cause theyll be so over matched physically that they will lose their effectivness.

So colorado gets an elite talent, edmonton gets some grit in their top 6. what do you guys think?

Old
11-16-2012, 10:08 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas89alex View Post
Im not a Colorado fan or Oilers fan so this trade proposal doesnt have any fan inluence in it.

edm gets
Landaskong
2nd

col gets
yakupov

My reasoning behind this is that colorado doesnt have a game breaker currently they have lots of solid players who are god all around but nobody on there team will produce ppg. I like Landaskong a ton I think hes going to be a good player, however I dont see him producing over 70 points in his career. Hes a guy who compliments other players, makes space for the stars, battles in corners to get the puck, and back checks.

Edmonton on the other hand doesnt have a player in the top 6 who does what landaskong does and I dont see edmonton having Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, yakupov on a line cause theyll be so over matched physically that they will lose their effectivness.

So colorado gets an elite talent, edmonton gets some grit in their top 6. what do you guys think?
We are not trading our Captain. End of discussion.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:12 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

edm gets
Landaskong
2nd

col gets
yakupov

Don't listen to brick he only has common sense, this is amazing deal for us. Very fair deal with throwing in that 2nd for Edmonton as well. Good job.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:52 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

why trade Landaskong for Yakupov when we could get Bozak and a conditional 4th?

Old
11-18-2012, 12:26 AM
hughdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
why trade Landaskong for Yakupov when we could get Bozak and a conditional 4th?
Better question...why trade Landeskog?

Old
11-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Screw you guys, I'm trading Landeskog for a bacon cheeseburger and keeping it all to myself.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Zandar

Quote:

edm gets
Landaskong
2nd

col gets
yakupov

what do you guys think?
Sure the Avs will acquire this Landaskong guy and trade him to you.

Now if you want Landeskog then that will be a no even in a one for one. That isn't an Avs fan talking but common sense. You talk about elite and game breaker you seem to think that Yakupov is the only one when in fact Landeskog also bring gamebreaker potential and an elite package that is rare in his own way. yakupov will win you plenty of games but Landeskog will win you championships. He is now a cornerstone piece of the Avs like Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Foote, etc. That will be around for a long while. Yakupov will have great success and create a dominating offense in Edmonton while the cap allows it.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 23246
Landeskog is untradeable.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
11-18-2012, 05:06 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
there are at least 30 players in the league I would gladly trade him for

Old
11-18-2012, 05:11 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
there are at least 30 players in the league I would gladly trade him for
All of which would cost more then Lando to acquire, ergo, not worth it.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
If Ovechkin and The Caps were to have a falling out, and required a fresh start, and came calling, would you be interested ?

Old
11-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
If Ovechkin and The Caps were to have a falling out, and required a fresh start, and came calling, would you be interested ?
Nope.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:00 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
I would not.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:43 PM
nicholas89alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Sure the Avs will acquire this Landaskong guy and trade him to you.

Now if you want Landeskog then that will be a no even in a one for one. That isn't an Avs fan talking but common sense. You talk about elite and game breaker you seem to think that Yakupov is the only one when in fact Landeskog also bring gamebreaker potential and an elite package that is rare in his own way. yakupov will win you plenty of games but Landeskog will win you championships. He is now a cornerstone piece of the Avs like Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Foote, etc. That will be around for a long while. Yakupov will have great success and create a dominating offense in Edmonton while the cap allows it.
I agree Landeskog has elite talent. just not as pure offensive player.
like I said hes not a player that will create offense on his own. he has immense value because of the rare combination of skills he brings, like you pointed out,every team in the leauge needs players to get to the dirty areas and youre right Landeskog will be a key part of a championship team. If he has pieces around him. But hes not going to win championships by himself and neither will yakupov. but I will admit I thought of this deal more from edomntons point of view than colorados.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

With the most recent odd trade proposal...now including our 19 year old Captain, I thought it'd be nice to post this in here...it's always good for a laugh!

Old
11-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Nope.
Insanity

Old
11-19-2012, 12:26 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
With the most recent odd trade proposal...now including our 19 year old Captain, I thought it'd be nice to post this in here...it's always good for a laugh!

I will never get tired of that gif

Old
11-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Zandar

Quote:
like I said hes not a player that will create offense on his own. he has immense value because of the rare combination of skills he brings, like you pointed out,every team in the leauge needs players to get to the dirty areas and youre right Landeskog will be a key part of a championship team. If he has pieces around him. But hes not going to win championships by himself and neither will yakupov. but I will admit I thought of this deal more from edomntons point of view than colorados.
Why does this sound like he is a complimentary player? He has played one season at the NHL level where he made it his goal to be effective at both ends. If he wanted to be the type of winger that cheats some and hangs around the blue line waiting for a break rather than helping defensively then he could be that. It's not that he can't play a certain style, it is the fact he chooses to play a certain way. This is a player who can take over a game in so many ways and will his team to a win. He has done it at many different levels and venues that it is not a byproduct of having talented players around him but rather who he is. You have Yakupov who is extremely talented offensively who has to play with a goal scorers mentality to make an impact. Then you have Landeskog that can choose how he wants to play to make an impact.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Landeskog is more handsome, better value for money and better leader. No thanks. Ovechkin might be one of the most overpaid players in NHL soon..

Old
11-19-2012, 11:56 AM
cgf

Quote:
You're right. Would you like O'Reilly and EJ also? Landy, Radar and EJ for Yakubov and a 2nd round pick, that sound good?

Old
11-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 23246
Quote:
Nope.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 50
Burnside article about what EJ is doing during the lockout.

Closed Thread