HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 11:24 AM
mccaber16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
I'd love to join a league for EHM 07. Everyone always runs 05 because in 07 you can't play with 30 teams....but 07 is such a superior game that I don't even care about the limitation.
Oh, really? I had no idea. I had thoughts of starting up an XBOX 360 GM Connected Sim league where two weeks of scheduled games are simmed at a time but there seems to be quite a few limitations to that.

I've figured out how to make sure players don't cheat by playing games and that is to have no player allowed to take any action on any game and only the advancing of the period being the only sim mechanism used. Biggest problem though is there doesn't seem to be fatigue built into the goalies and it would make sense for every team to only play there starter for 82 games/year. I thought about forcing teams to play their backup for the first advancement period (5-8 games) as well as the one immediately prior to the trade deadline, but there is no way to make sure that everyone is doing it until after the advancement period progresses. Could be an issue. But I think it's still possible. Biggest hurdle is having enough people serious about it.

Another thought was doing just an NHL BeaGM SIM league where the commissioner handles all the sims, line changes, and strategies, and all trade negotiations are done through a web forum or through HFboards. Problem is I don't think I will have the time to devote to something like this. Maybe somebody here would be interested in helping out?

Old
11-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

well - I'm going to try and start an EHM 07 league. Hopefully I can get people to join, gonna go make a thread for it now

Old
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
well - I'm going to try and start an EHM 07 league. Hopefully I can get people to join, gonna go make a thread for it now
What league ? A CHL league would be cool.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Well my intention is to run an NHL league but the CHL is enabled

Old
11-19-2012, 01:19 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
One tip for people that are like me that often have really good goalies putting up poor numbers: use your back-up. I'm lucky because I have 2 #1s essentially with a regen and Carey Price but when I constantly swap them out, they will both end up putting up 9s and better stats than if I just ride one the whole season with the sparse back-up.

My goalie Ken Yannetti's career SV% is like .935 I think or something. He's putting up .940 overall this season. His first season as a back-up with like 20 games he put up .950+

Old
11-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

My back-up played 5 games for me last season :p

How many games did you play yours?

Old
11-19-2012, 08:08 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
My back-up played 5 games for me last season :p

How many games did you play yours?
This season:
Ken Yannetti (28): 33 games 1.55GAA, 940SV%
Carey Price (37): 28 games 2.43GAA, 912SV%

Old
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I try to play them 62-22, is that enough ?

Old
11-20-2012, 03:38 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I try to play them 62-22, is that enough ?
Uh-oh, wasn't trying to start a huge debate on starts. I think giving your goalie a night off helps if he's constantly only putting up 6-7-8 with sub-910% numbers. I find almost every time I switch to my back-up for a game, my starter will bounce back the next game. This might not work AS well if your back-up isn't that good but at least it gives your starter a rest.

I think as long as you're doing that schedule with a balanced approach like starter-starter-backup then it should work out fine.

Maybe it's partially due to my team's system that this works so well. I just hate when my team is constantly winning the President's Trophy and I have a great goalie in front of the team yet his numbers are always meh because of the offensive system when my defense is all pretty solid too.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:45 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

This is what the scoring in my game looks like. That's all the 100+ point scorers in 2025. What I'm noting is my Bobby Orr regen (Hardy Irwin). Never had a defenseman this high up in the scoring totals. He's won the last few Harts but he surely will win this one now. Highest point total I've ever had for a defenseman, mostly just because of my top line's dominance (that's my name I blocked out).

Old
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
This is what the scoring in my game looks like. That's all the 100+ point scorers in 2025. What I'm noting is my Bobby Orr regen (Hardy Irwin). Never had a defenseman this high up in the scoring totals. He's won the last few Harts but he surely will win this one now. Highest point total I've ever had for a defenseman, mostly just because of my top line's dominance (that's my name I blocked out).
there is a big hole between your players and others. More than 100 points. Thats pretty unrealistic...
I had in my game (with original DB) one D guy, who almost had 100 points. But never reached this with defenseman. And most points in one season was i think something more than 160. It was also a very rare performance. At least i broke scoring record with rookies.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:11 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

I just won Memorial Cup with Drummondville Voltigeurs

Old
11-21-2012, 08:23 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
there is a big hole between your players and others. More than 100 points. Thats pretty unrealistic...
I had in my game (with original DB) one D guy, who almost had 100 points. But never reached this with defenseman. And most points in one season was i think something more than 160. It was also a very rare performance. At least i broke scoring record with rookies.
The top two are created so naturally they're better and they're sort of carrying my Jagr regen (not that he's not a good player on his own skill). Once they retire the spread will be a lot closer I assume. I might not end up with their regens as I may go back to junior or start fresh with another team.

Even with such great players, the CPU only puts up like 130 points max with them.

I've always loved breaking the rookie scoring record haha. Always felt like the one record I could touch easily, or career goals. Oh and Ovechkin's numbers for this season are at 39. Pretty crazy.

I KNEW IT! I KNEW I HAD TO PUSH FOR IT! Last 2 months I was about 10 wins from it and I knew I had to start him more so I did... Carey Price retired this off season with 2 years left on his contract at 38... He finished with 776 career wins. Beat Marty! Hahaha! For clarity, Marty had 775 wins in my game at the end.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 11-23-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old
11-21-2012, 11:19 PM
RO8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Most points by a dman I ever had was 98 with JBo in the original DB, still got the file on my old comp.

As far as the goalie issue goes yes if you spell your goalie more often it helps keep their stats high, no guarantees obviously because slumps happen. I usually give my backup a game every week or 2 at least, like after maybe a bad performance or 2, and I also give him every back to back game and usually end the season with 20 games given to my backup. Of course I usually have a top flight goalie regen but that allotment keeps the starter rested, playing well and having enough wins to get some trophies.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:06 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Most points by a dman I ever had was 98 with JBo in the original DB, still got the file on my old comp.

As far as the goalie issue goes yes if you spell your goalie more often it helps keep their stats high, no guarantees obviously because slumps happen. I usually give my backup a game every week or 2 at least, like after maybe a bad performance or 2, and I also give him every back to back game and usually end the season with 20 games given to my backup. Of course I usually have a top flight goalie regen but that allotment keeps the starter rested, playing well and having enough wins to get some trophies.
Price retired with 5 Vezinas for me. Yannetti has 4 and is just entering prime

So Yannetti got injured for like two weeks so I brought up my 21 year old American goalie I had just signed out of college who was putting up .970% in the AHL and he put up around .940% in 6 or so games in a row. Back to the A for him, for now, but good to know I have potential successor.

For a while my team was very diverse in that we had Finns, Swedes, Americans, Canadians (under half the roster was Canadian), Czechs, Slovaks. Now the roster is about 60-70% Canadian (I do have a South Korean playing my 7th defenseman) with 2 Americans, one being Jack Johnson who will retire in a couple seasons and the other being my starter, Ken Yannetti (not a Miller regen). Czechs and Canadians are my best players, the Hossa regen is an absolute beast for all his attributes. I've got the (I think) Iginla regen playing in the ECHL because he won't sign my 9 year contracts so I'm gonna let him play out the year and let him go to RFA. Hossa is signed to 9 years at $2.3 mil/year, Chara regen is signed to a 5 year extension at $3.0 mil/year, I've got my 3rd line/2nd line tweener center signed for 9 years at $2.0 mil/year. I've got a good chunk of players locked up long term now, which is nice because then I don't have to deal with a ton of core contracts for a while.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 11-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old
11-23-2012, 07:52 PM
nathan77

abcd

Last edited by nathan77: 11-24-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old
11-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

You can email the customer service for elicense and see what they can do for you. I believe sharing keys isn't allowed under the terms of use for the product.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:15 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
I just won Memorial Cup with Drummondville Voltigeurs
And my saved file got corrupted, I can't load it anymore, and me idiot didn't make a backup one

So now I need all over again

Old
11-24-2012, 10:56 AM
StormSurge9

Just for fun I started an OHL file using my favourite team, the Guelph Storm.

BUT using the pre game editor I moved Mat Barzal (and switched him to LW), Connor McDavid and then I created Nathan Noel and had him play RW. So the best 97's in each league, all on my team and on a line together. I plan to keep this line together no matter what happens (Until the NHL draft rolls around)

Needless to say, there first ten games in the rookie year aren't going that great. Although they are only playing on the third line.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:32 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
And my saved file got corrupted, I can't load it anymore, and me idiot didn't make a backup one

So now I need all over again
Explain this to me. What does it mean to have a save file corrupted? It just won't open or what? Because I've yet to have this happen *knock on wood*

Old
11-24-2012, 12:13 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Explain this to me. What does it mean to have a save file corrupted? It just won't open or what? Because I've yet to have this happen *knock on wood*
Yes, it won't open. Some dll problem...

Old
11-24-2012, 12:59 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Yes, it won't open. Some dll problem...
Weird. Never encountered anything like that.

On another note, I have a textfile where I write down attributes of guys I know are about to retire (so I can keep track of when their regens should appear so I can see if they'll be good again) and I had an older file along with it where I made notes for personal tactics. I know for a fact I did not make this up, I assume I found this on EHM the blue line a while back but this may be useful for those who use personal tactics (feel free to correct anything that might seem wrong):

Quote:
Attribute rating
1-7: Weakest setting (1/5)
8-9-10-11: Second weakest (2/5)
12-13-14: Normal setting (3/5)
15-16-17: High setting (4/5)
18-20: Highest setting (5/5)

Criterias

Mentality: Look in the player's scout report. Defensive player = defensive. Two way = neutral. Offensive = offensive. Scout's career role might influence it a bit (a career checker with a two way game might get a defensive setting instead of the normal one)

Aggressiveness: Look at aggressiveness attribute

Backchecking: Look at acceleration, speed, stamina and checking attributes

Gap control: Look at acceleration, speed and positioning attributes

Puck pressure: Look at checking and pokecheck attributes

Hitting: Look at hitting and strength attributes

Tempo: Look at acceleration, speed and stamina attributes

Passing: Look at passing and creativity attributes

Shooting: Look at Slapshot + Wristshot. Low at both lowers the setting. High at both elevates the setting. Low wrist + high slap, I follow the slapshot setting up to barrage. Low slap + high wrist lowers the setting to get more quality and precision at the cost of volume.

Dumping the puck: Depend on the line's role. Not personalized.

Shoot/Pass bias: Strongest skill. Career role in scout report can influence the decision. There must at least be 1 passer and 1 shooter per line, ideally of opposite hand side.
Fighting: strength, aggression and value of player

Carry puck: Deking + stickhandling
Join rush: Look at acceleration, speed and getting open attributes

Old
11-24-2012, 02:56 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Finally! 50 in 30!

Old
11-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Was on vacation for a couple weeks, so I finally got around to finishing off the season. As I predicted, my dude's production fell off, but he still ended up doing pretty good.

Here's the top scorers in my game:

You guys were talking about defensemen earlier in the thread... Had a career year from my #1:

For some reason, my PP was balls out this season. I usually hover around 25%, but this year I ended up at 32.8%.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:05 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Was on vacation for a couple weeks, so I finally got around to finishing off the season. As I predicted, my dude's production fell off, but he still ended up doing pretty good.

Here's the top scorers in my game:

You guys were talking about defensemen earlier in the thread... Had a career year from my #1:

For some reason, my PP was balls out this season. I usually hover around 25%, but this year I ended up at 32.8%.
50 goals for a defenseman!!!

Damnnnnnnnnn! And that 282 is better than anything I've done with Fedor. I've gotten him to 265 one year. That's incredible, especially since his stats aren't maxed out.

Closed Thread