HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Coping with Life without the NHL

Old
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Too bad I don't really love most other sports. NFL is ok. I generally get bored watching soccer...but this is a pretty nice goal

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:03 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregNYR19 View Post
its so bad for me that im numb. i checked every day for something new but ive already decided that we are going to lose the season so i am carrying on as if it were any offseason. while the thought of the letters "NHL" words: bettman, daly, fear, owners, players, no matter what context used in, makes my blood literally boil. im absolutely furious and disgusted. as a die hard hockey fan, its easy to say i will return once the puck is dropped but i hope the league suffers and feels the pain. my coping unfortunately has been just plain made with no outlet to vent. of all years, the year we finally have a shot.....that makes me the most mad. i assure everyone gary bettman will walk into NHL ice and the boos while the stanley cup is presented (whenever that is) will blow the roof off the place. and im excited for that
Life is too short to get so angry over things you have absolutely no control over. It definitely sucks...but we're all better off spending our time and energy on other things. I've stopped my routine of checking for updates several times a day. Heck, I'm even taking a break from the forums for a couple days at a time now. Focus on other things and it won't feel so bad.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:09 AM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

I haven't really missed it though the past week or so I have had the itch to watch games. So many other things have kept me occupied like the MLB playoffs, NFL, NBA, etc. Plus it's given me the chance to open up my schedule and not base it around the Rangers. It'll be great when it comes back but there's nothing I can do about it right now so I'll just enjoy what I can.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Life is too short to get so angry over things you have absolutely no control over. It definitely sucks...but we're all better off spending our time and energy on other things. I've stopped my routine of checking for updates several times a day. Heck, I'm even taking a break from the forums for a couple days at a time now. Focus on other things and it won't feel so bad.
you're right. luckily im in the police academy so i can keep busy and channel energy and stuff but it still sucks because i just hear so much negative stuff...i thought for sure there wouldn't be the threat of losing a season for the 2nd time. enough is enough

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:06 PM
CDiablo

I started playing Ice hockey, I played roller 15 years ago as a kid but now Im taking skating classes(need to get down stopping and a few other things) and playing as many pick up games as possible.

CDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Surprisingly, it hasn't been too much of a problem. I thought I was going to kill myself, but with Football on three times a week, and volleyball after school everyday, I haven't even thought about it. I have been, however, watching as much College Hockey as possible. Gotta get some hockey in my schedule.
I envy you guys being able to watch college hockey. Its not broadcast down here.

11-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Just watched khl a few days sgo

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I envy you guys being able to watch college hockey. Its not broadcast down here.
My DirecTV package lets me watch all the channels from around the country, including NESN, Fox Sports North, and a bunch of others. So I can watch Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Boston College, Boston University, Northeastern, etc...

Watching hockey every weekend, it's awesome.

11-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I <3 NBCSN. November 30th is a night to die for, especially with no NHL being played. They're airing a double header, with Boston University @ Boston College at 7:30, and Wisconsin @ Denver at 10. I'm staying home, I don't care that it's Friday night.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Cresto
Much .500

I'm a Matt Duchene fan so I've been watching the pack and Frolunda HC for a few weeks now.
The only thing keeping me sane.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote