HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Thread (V): Argos embarass Eskimos; Changes need to be made. Nichols seriously hurt.

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Lets take a look at the OC's Ray had to work with in Edmonton. First Maccocia (who actually wasn't a bad OC) then Crandell who is absolute junk.

I wish him all the success...quality Pro athlete.
Jacques Chapdelaine.

I never understood how Ray couldn't get it done under his tutelage. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Lets take a look at the OC's Ray had to work with in Edmonton. First Maccocia (who actually wasn't a bad OC) then Crandell who is absolute junk.

I think that Ray overcame one of the worst OC's ever to coach the Offence in Edmonton and still had effective seasons.
Ray has looked great and I think it has a lot to do with the offensive system the Argos are running.

Ray works with what you give him...he didn't get much in terms of Offensive game calling during his time in Edmonton (especially in the last 3-4 years) but he is getting a lot now.

Good for Ray...he deserves better than the garbage he had to endure with the Esks the past few seasons.

I wish him all the success...quality Pro athlete.
Yeah, I agree with all of this.

It was really frustrating to read Terry Jones' interview with Kavis Reed in the SUN this morning. He does a complete 180 on the Ray trade and tries to paint a picture that he was against it the whole time. Oh, really? Reed is being exposed as a fraud. He's an expert at deflecting blame and he's a guru of self-preservation.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:33 PM
rosemount289

You are exactly........?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
Or maybe it's that our coaching and management has been mostly **** the past few years. And everyone put much of it on Ricky.
You are exactly right.......notice both Montreal and Toronto play the same type of defenses..........line 7 guys on the defensive line and rush all out or fake the blitz.

The Eskimos coaches or the offensive line always seem to have trouble with this when playing Montreal or Toronto (evidence last weekend).

Old
11-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

So again, Jacques Chapdelaine. That was the year I never understood, the year I expected the Esks, and Ray, to be able to put it together. That year truly being what made me feel that at the time Ray himself wasn't getting it done.

Nobody ever has much to say about that.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I always thought that Chapdelaine was a bit of a goof what with his spastic signals from the sideline and that bewildered look that he always seems to have on his face... but there's no denying his track record with BC.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Hockey Nightmare

7-0 Calgary. All we need is a stamps victory and this day couldn't be anymore pathetic.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:47 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
7-0 Calgary. All we need is a stamps victory and this day couldn't be anymore pathetic.
Lions win today. Don't worry.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:05 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

vCash: 50
Glenn with 3 TD passes already not a bad start

Old
11-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Ray with a great game, but again, to all the Ray pundits out there please let us know the last time Ray played this well in the playoffs and the last time he strung together 4 super games like this?

Thats part of the frustration and what stings is we just didn't see this intensity, spirit, drive, and level of performance from Ray.

Of course he gets nothing done here for the last 6yrs and the first year he's gone hes playing like the best QB in the league and beating Calvillo at home.

Improbability drive working OT.

Ray with high fives, fist pumps, endzone dances? Seriously? Who is this guy thats suddenly enthused and pumped?

Congrats though.

lol at my frustration I guess. You guys can enjoy this on me. For sure this is some major crow. This is stuffing my face with crow. I'm all about the crow.

What game were you watching? I didn't see any of that stuff. Same old RR, calm and collected.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Six in O6

Ray continues to assert his position in the CFL HOF and pad those legendary statistics. All this guy does is win. What's his post season record now? You can not argue that. He outduelled Cavillo and made it look easy. Depending on how things end up, the Esks might be able to claim losing out in the playoffs to the eventual Grey Cup champions two years in a row.

You simply do not trade a future hall of fame quarterback and now Toronto is reaping the rewards. Meanwhile, we will have some lean years ahead of ourselves.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

With today's loss I think that Calvillo has a career .500 record in the playoffs.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
Ray continues to assert his position in the CFL HOF and pad those legendary statistics. All this guy does is win. What's his post season record now? You can not argue that. He outduelled Cavillo and made it look easy. Depending on how things end up, the Esks might be able to claim losing out in the playoffs to the eventual Grey Cup champions two years in a row.

You simply do not trade a future hall of fame quarterback and now Toronto is reaping the rewards. Meanwhile, we will have some lean years ahead of ourselves.
We'll be alright. It's not hard to improve on a never-was like Jyles and a has-been like Joseph.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is an eight team league; there's no such thing as a "re-build" in the Canadian Football League.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Hockey Nightmare

I agree to an extent with the rebuild thing, but it's harder to get a genuine number one quarterback that will carry you through.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:49 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
An interesting article by Terry Jones: http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/1...ack-5-10-years

I think we all knew Reed was not supportive of the trade at the time, despite what that ******* was saying, but it is good to hear it from him. The book won't completely close until the Esks find a new high-caliber QB (please be Nichols!), but this is a start anyway...
I respect RR much more after seeing this article, mainly the picture, as he was getting hugged by that preacher.

Quite surprised how unprofessional Reed is by releasing the behind closed doors meeting conversations while he is still with organization. Reed is in major sales mode to keep his job. His selfishness is starting show, as it is always about him. I made these bad decisions I wouldn't change a thing, I didn't agree with this decision now that this guy is gone.

He is not a good HC and I can't imagine he will be a good GM. He is very similar to Danny M by playing his favorites that under achieve.

Get rid of this clown, his ignorance about the RR trade setting the franchise 5-10 years is so off. And then he says it looks like Matt Nicholls might be the next one. How would he know, he never gave the guy a chance to play in real minutes, mop up time is nothing time. He should have started him and developed him. The only reason it will take a QB that long to develop is because wants a job for that long.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
Glenn with 3 TD passes already not a bad start
Calgary only has 17 points. How do you figure?

Old
11-18-2012, 04:55 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Kavis Reed felt it was appropriate to start Joseph over Nichols in the playoffs. I don't want to hear one word out of him regarding poor choices with regards to QBs. Really discouraging that it's being speculated he could be coach, GM, or both going forward. Giving Kavis the keys to the kingdom, now THAT is something that would set the franchise back 5-10 years.
You are so right. Reed gets me so fired up, I have been frustrated with Higgins (wrong about him), DM, and MacT, but Reed is so ignorant and arrogant.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:01 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Calgary only has 17 points. How do you figure?
Pick 6

Old
11-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
Pick 6
Ah.....very sly. Haven't been watching till now.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
With today's loss I think that Calvillo has a career .500 record in the playoffs.
Nobody else wants to acknowledge this? I'm not surprised that the media is ignoring it because it taints their vision of him as "The Greatest" but for me it's huge.

He's a great quarterback, but the greatest in league history? Hah!

Old
11-18-2012, 05:23 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Nobody else wants to acknowledge this? I'm not surprised that the media is ignoring it because it taints their vision of him as "The Greatest" but for me it's huge.

He's a great quarterback, but the greatest in league history? Hah!
It would be nice to see Montreal taken down a notch... Do they have a replacement for AC though?

Old
11-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
It would be nice to see Montreal taken down a notch... Do they have a replacement for AC though?
I think that McPherson is good enough to start in this league but with Calvillo seemingly not ready to retire he'll probably look elsewhere.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Looks like Calgary is about to take a 31-16 lead.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:33 PM
GreatKeith

So... Stamps or Argos?

Old
11-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Ogopogo*

Stamps. I could not handle that windbag Terry Jones pumping up his buddy Ricky Ray.

It was Maas that won us the cup in '05 for God's sake.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:40 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
So... Stamps or Argos?
I guess that's why they play the games. You would have predicted this

Closed Thread