HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nazem Kadri Talk V13: Mod warning in OP.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2012, 05:22 PM
  #1
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,906
vCash: 500
Nazem Kadri Talk V13: Mod warning in OP.

I am going to make this clear right here in the first post. No calling others, who don't agree trolls or haters. I will infract you as soon as I see it. No matter how much I agree with your opinion or not.

Now Let the talk resume. Atm he has 11 points in 5 games after being benched once.

__________________

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 11-18-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:29 PM
  #2
Peasy
Lace Up
 
Peasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Bay
Country: Estonia
Posts: 6,868
vCash: 960
Nice to see him and the marlies starting to get in their grove.

Peasy is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:29 PM
  #3
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I am going to make this clear right here in the first post. No calling others don't agree trolls or haters. I will infract you as soon as I see it. No matter how much I agree with your opinion or not.

Now Let the talk resume. Atm he has 11 points in 5 games after being benched once.
Patience.

He won't maintain 2ppg but he is playing very good right now.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
  #4
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Patience.

He won't maintain 2ppg but he is playing very good right now.
Agreed, patience is the key here and when he is ready he will shine IMO.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:33 PM
  #5
Hurt
Registered User
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Agreed, patience is the key here and when he is ready he will shine IMO.
I'm still of the belief he needs to be brought up (when/if) there is a season and just let him float or sink.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:37 PM
  #6
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Here's my take on Kadri

I believe Burke/Wilson have mismanaged the guy since he arrived here, let me explain. Kadri had a great juniour league career then he played only a few games in the AHL before being called up, he was called up because at the time our offense was running dry, and Kadri was nowhere near ready to help us, he was put in a position to fail not succeed. Kadri's first call up, he was a weak skater and was always pushed off the puck, not to mention he would try far too many dangles and making "cute" plays instead of making the right ones. I actually don't fault Kadri because he was nowhere near ready for primetime, IMO Burke should have given him the entire year to develop in the minors, let him build his core strength and get adjusted to playing with men instead of boys. When Kadri was given a shot at next years camp he dominated and proved he was worthy of a spot, but then he was injured and Frattin inherited that role, from there Kadri was bounced up and down the rest of the way, which was NOT fair to him.

I'm not a huge Kadri fan but even I can say he's never been given a chance to suceed here. At this point he's much closer to being a "bust" then he is to being a legit top 6 player, next season is key to determining which way Kadri will go, the leafs need to give him a legit chance and Kadri needs to prove himself once and for all.

Kingstonian84* is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
  #7
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I'm still of the belief he needs to be brought up (when/if) there is a season and just let him float or sink.
After seeing him live yea, he's good enough to step into the NHL now. Especially what I am seeing this season, after that it will be upto him to condition him to stick there.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:40 PM
  #8
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I'm still of the belief he needs to be brought up (when/if) there is a season and just let him float or sink.
I agree. But I would have brought him up as a 3rd liner, and thrown Burkes 6 and 6 philosophy out the window.(I hear he has reconsidered it so..yay) Why the franchise said Kadri had to make the team as a top 6 forward is puzzling to say the least.

Just bring him up without the threat of demotion hanging over his head and let him do what he has to.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:04 PM
  #9
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth
 
HockeyThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,909
vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
I'm not a huge Kadri fan but even I can say he's never been given a chance to suceed here. At this point he's much closer to being a "bust" then he is to being a legit top 6 player, next season is key to determining which way Kadri will go, the leafs need to give him a legit chance and Kadri needs to prove himself once and for all.
No, he really isn't. He has worked on his faults, logged over 100gp in the AHL over the past 2 seasons and has gotten a sufficient taste of the NHL over that span of time too. Stop trying to jump the gun.. Kadri is 22 years old! Prospects take time to develop -- It is not rocket science! The NHL is a mens league. In fact, it's the top professional mens league in the world. There are only limited spots to slot in at the NHL level and you got to have a very refined offensive game to play on a competitive team's top 6.

Let's just let this season progress, and evaluate how Kadri performs at the AHL level. It's looking more and more like we're going to get a full season lockout, so come training camp for the 13-14 season that is the time when all eyes will be on Kadri to succeed.

HockeyThoughts is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:14 PM
  #10
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Here's my take on Kadri

I believe Burke/Wilson have mismanaged the guy since he arrived here, let me explain. Kadri had a great juniour league career then he played only a few games in the AHL before being called up, he was called up because at the time our offense was running dry, and Kadri was nowhere near ready to help us, he was put in a position to fail not succeed. Kadri's first call up, he was a weak skater and was always pushed off the puck, not to mention he would try far too many dangles and making "cute" plays instead of making the right ones. I actually don't fault Kadri because he was nowhere near ready for primetime, IMO Burke should have given him the entire year to develop in the minors, let him build his core strength and get adjusted to playing with men instead of boys. When Kadri was given a shot at next years camp he dominated and proved he was worthy of a spot, but then he was injured and Frattin inherited that role, from there Kadri was bounced up and down the rest of the way, which was NOT fair to him.

I'm not a huge Kadri fan but even I can say he's never been given a chance to suceed here. At this point he's much closer to being a "bust" then he is to being a legit top 6 player, next season is key to determining which way Kadri will go, the leafs need to give him a legit chance and Kadri needs to prove himself once and for all.

I disagree that he is closer to being a bust, but I do agree he was mis managed.
Not sure why this kid gets criticized every time he makes a mistake. Wilson seemed to jump on from day one, and its followed him. Of course he is going to turn the puck over now and then....we dont want him to skate to the blueline and dump it in every rush. I think his physical maturity not at same level as other players and that only takes time and will come around. The other thing I dont like, also...is continually playing him on the wing. We drated him as a centre, let him play their in the AHL and learn the position.

Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:19 PM
  #11
johnnyutah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 500
he scored another beauty today

johnnyutah is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:21 PM
  #12
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
I disagree that he is closer to being a bust, but I do agree he was mis managed.
Not sure why this kid gets criticized every time he makes a mistake. Wilson seemed to jump on from day one, and its followed him. Of course he is going to turn the puck over now and then....we dont want him to skate to the blueline and dump it in every rush. I think his physical maturity not at same level as other players and that only takes time and will come around. The other thing I dont like, also...is continually playing him on the wing. We drated him as a centre, let him play their in the AHL and learn the position.
If Kadri had Frattin's body he'd already be a full time Leaf.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:23 PM
  #13
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
I agree. But I would have brought him up as a 3rd liner, and thrown Burkes 6 and 6 philosophy out the window.(I hear he has reconsidered it so..yay) Why the franchise said Kadri had to make the team as a top 6 forward is puzzling to say the least.

Just bring him up without the threat of demotion hanging over his head and let him do what he has to.
That's what I've espoused all along. Put guys like him and Frattin on the third line. Removes the expectations and lets him work out his kinks at a level that matches his skills. When he's proven it, he bumps someone off the top two lines.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:27 PM
  #14
BlueBaron
Registered User
 
BlueBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
I agree. But I would have brought him up as a 3rd liner, and thrown Burkes 6 and 6 philosophy out the window.(I hear he has reconsidered it so..yay) Why the franchise said Kadri had to make the team as a top 6 forward is puzzling to say the least.

Just bring him up without the threat of demotion hanging over his head and let him do what he has to.
Minutes, they believe he is better getting first unit pp time and 18-20 minutes a game in the A then be cast in a role he is not used to on a lower line and get 10-12 mins. Not saying it is right or wrong but there is a logic to it.

The A is a lot harder this year than probably any in the past with the Oilers top line down there ripping up the league. If he is a scoring leader by the time the lockout ends, he is probably ready. Hope so, I like him and would like him to steal CMacs spot so we trade CMac and get something for him (he is tied for 12th with a bunch of guys not counting todays game).

BlueBaron is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:28 PM
  #15
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
Kadri now ties Aucoin and Kostka for most points on the team (He's played one less game than both of them but he needed it). Also he's tied for number 12 in points for the entire league (he's number 24 on the list though).

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
  #16
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,811
vCash: 500
If he can be another Tim Connolly I'll be a happy dude.

7even is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
  #17
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,212
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I'm still of the belief he needs to be brought up (when/if) there is a season and just let him float or sink.
I agree, I don't think he can learn anything else at the AHL level. He still has to adjust to certain things in the NHL, but I believe those things can no longer be learned in the AHL. Could ease him into the NHL maybe with sheltered scoring, but it's time that he becomes an NHLer.

Grant is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:41 PM
  #18
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Minutes, they believe he is better getting first unit pp time and 18-20 minutes a game in the A then be cast in a role he is not used to on a lower line and get 10-12 mins. Not saying it is right or wrong but there is a logic to it.

The A is a lot harder this year than probably any in the past with the Oilers top line down there ripping up the league. If he is a scoring leader by the time the lockout ends, he is probably ready. Hope so, I like him and would like him to steal CMacs spot so we trade CMac and get something for him (he is tied for 12th with a bunch of guys not counting todays game).
The thing is you develop your defensive game there plus you use him on the PP to bolster his minutes.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:41 PM
  #19
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Minutes, they believe he is better getting first unit pp time and 18-20 minutes a game in the A then be cast in a role he is not used to on a lower line and get 10-12 mins. Not saying it is right or wrong but there is a logic to it.

The A is a lot harder this year than probably any in the past with the Oilers top line down there ripping up the league. If he is a scoring leader by the time the lockout ends, he is probably ready. Hope so, I like him and would like him to steal CMacs spot so we trade CMac and get something for him (he is tied for 12th with a bunch of guys not counting todays game).
NO it was not minutes. It was because They were following BUrkes old 6 and 6 philosophy, that I hear he since has re-thought.

Kadri wasn't truculent or physical or defensive enough to play on the 3rd line and too inconsistant or something to play in the top 6. HE basically he had to bump Bozak out of the #1 center spot to stay up.

He was easily better than 4 or 5 of the guys in our bottom six the last 2 years.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
  #20
WhatASaveDave
Registered User
 
WhatASaveDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: toronto ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Kadri looked nhl ready since his last callup

WhatASaveDave is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
  #21
BlueBaron
Registered User
 
BlueBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
NO it was not minutes. It was because They were following BUrkes old 6 and 6 philosophy, that I hear he since has re-thought.

Kadri wasn't truculent or physical or defensive enough to play on the 3rd line and too inconsistant or something to play in the top 6. HE basically he had to bump Bozak out of the #1 center spot to stay up.

He was easily better than 4 or 5 of the guys in our bottom six the last 2 years.
He scrapped that philosophy at the start of last season when he had lombardi's and connolly's on the 3rd line. You're a year late.

BlueBaron is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:51 PM
  #22
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,212
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
NO it was not minutes. It was because They were following BUrkes old 6 and 6 philosophy, that I hear he since has re-thought.

Kadri wasn't truculent or physical or defensive enough to play on the 3rd line and too inconsistant or something to play in the top 6. HE basically he had to bump Bozak out of the #1 center spot to stay up.

He was easily better than 4 or 5 of the guys in our bottom six the last 2 years.
Yes, in that interview on TVO on the Agenda he I remember him saying that the league has changed to a top 8/9 and bottom 3/4.

I believe you should want 2 lines of big physical guys I think, but you want one of the lines to be skilled too. Frattin comes to mind for me as a player that would fit in this category. Not sure if that is how Burke feels though haha.

Grant is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
  #23
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
 
crump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ontariariario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 671
Sharing the lead in points on Marlies now. (14)
2 points behind B. Schenn in overall league points and has scratched his way into a tie for top 20 scoring points in the AHL.

Slow start, but he is ripping it up now.

crump is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:03 PM
  #24
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Sharing the lead in points on Marlies now. (14)
2 points behind B. Schenn in overall league points and has scratched his way into a tie for top 20 scoring points in the AHL.

Slow start, but he is ripping it up now.
Just has to keep it up.

Consistancy is the key.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
  #25
Leafidelity
Way she goes...
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,074
vCash: 1775
Kadri is and has always been fine. I don't know why this site has such a love affair with putting the bust label on players.

Leafidelity is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.