HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

NHL 13 GM Connected (PS3) 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Look if you don't win Coyotes you will be in trouble!!!!! lol All Scott goals are fluk goals.
Based on past games with him goal period are just hard to come by when we play. So i am sure there will be many weird goals in this series.

Yea blaming Matthew Perry is smart and right.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I blame Matthew Perry.
That's my line

Old
11-18-2012, 06:10 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Send a message via AIM to DevilzFan
Conference Finals are go.

LA vs. Phoenix

Toronto vs. Ottawa

Old
11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
That's my line
While true, I (coincidentally enough) said something similar to someone the other day before, prior to you saying it to me. But I bashed him because I saw a commercial for his show that hasn't been canceled yet but probably deserves to be. Not because of something Kings-related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
Based on past games with him goal period are just hard to come by when we play. So i am sure there will be many weird goals in this series.

Yea blaming Matthew Perry is smart and right.

Pretty much. Send me a PM with when you think you'll be around to play some games. May be around here and there over the next 2 days. Would prefer not to play 4-7 in one shot, but we can see how things go I guess.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Welcome2Hell

Ottawa when you wanna play?

Old
11-18-2012, 11:47 PM
BomaLightDevils

Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Hell View Post
Ottawa when you wanna play?
What about early Monday, if not give me a time, Got the Day off monday and tuesday.
I Will Add you on the ps3. Wtf, two Canadian teams in conference final, I bet we won't see that in a long time

Old
11-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomaLightDevils View Post
What about early Monday, if not give me a time, Got the Day off monday and tuesday.
I Will Add you on the ps3. Wtf, two Canadian teams in conference final, I bet we won't see that in a long time
Lol I should be able to play tomorrow night I'm at school 10-4 EST

Old
11-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Scott04

Quote:
As long as we keep with recent history and have a US based team win the whole thing

Old
11-19-2012, 01:04 PM
BomaLightDevils

Quote:
As long as we keep with recent history and have a US based team win the whole thing
Exactly, if we are talking real life. But in the league lets hope a Canadian team goes all the way

Anybody knows if we continue the season 2 when this one is over? If so we do need to get some new GM's in right. I hope I can get to play some more games the upcoming season. I played a lot against the CPU, not so funny.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Welcome2Hell

I can be ready to play in a couple hours if you can play

Old
11-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Scott04

Through 4 games in the WCF so far. As expected, we have had 3 overtime games (one of which going to 2 OTs). And all 3 of those games ended 3-2. The other oddly enough 5-3, yet 4 goals scored in the first period. Aside from that one game, we're damn consistent.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
BomaLightDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Hell View Post
I can be ready to play in a couple hours if you can play
Has to be Tuesday.. What time can you play? I would prefer early as possible.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Well congrats to Scott and LA Kings on advancing to the SCF

Was a great series much closer (i believe) then the 4-1 series final shows.

Good Luck and i am all in for another season after this one for those asking and wondering.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Well congrats to Scott and LA Kings on advancing to the SCF

Was a great series much closer (i believe) then the 4-1 series final shows.

Good Luck and i am all in for another season after this one for those asking and wondering.
Far far closer than the final count states. Like I said in the post before, 3 of the first 4 games went to OT (one to double OT), and ended 3-2. The other 2 were 2 goal games. You had me on the edge of my seat in pretty much each game. Anytime I had a one goal lead I was trying to figure out when you would tie it up. 2 goal leads didn't feel safe either. I'm convinced that clock counted down slower than normal whenever I had a multi-goal lead

That one game where your 2nd goal disappeared was really weird. In between plays they showed an animation of one of your players celebrating by your bench and at the next faceoff, the goal had disappeared. Good thing is that I think it was Boedeker's goal that was taken off, so when he scored that empty netter to bring it back to 2-2, its almost like nothing happened... except for a slight decrease in Quick's GAA

Old
11-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Quote:
Far far closer than the final count states. Like I said in the post before, 3 of the first 4 games went to OT (one to double OT), and ended 3-2. The other 2 were 2 goal games. You had me on the edge of my seat in pretty much each game. Anytime I had a one goal lead I was trying to figure out when you would tie it up. 2 goal leads didn't feel safe either. I'm convinced that clock counted down slower than normal whenever I had a multi-goal lead

That one game where your 2nd goal disappeared was really weird. In between plays they showed an animation of one of your players celebrating by your bench and at the next faceoff, the goal had disappeared. Good thing is that I think it was Boedeker's goal that was taken off, so when he scored that empty netter to bring it back to 2-2, its almost like nothing happened... except for a slight decrease in Quick's GAA
Yea i thought i was up by 2 and then u got a goal and it was tied. Then i started wondering if i was starting to blend games together lol.

But yes we got it to 2-2 and kept going. I was so pissed at myself for messing up that penalty shot on OT ... I wanted to go back forehand and it was open too i nearly broke everything in my room!

Very tight series like all out games nothing is safe, i agree when i had a lead seemed so slow.

Hopefully next time we play we can have a healthy roster and go at it with all our players.

Good luck in the finals. Ill be waiting for the next season to get some pay back!

Old
11-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
Has to be Tuesday.. What time can you play? I would prefer early as possible.
I have classes 11-4:45 and coach hockey at 8:30

Old
11-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Yea i thought i was up by 2 and then u got a goal and it was tied. Then i started wondering if i was starting to blend games together lol.

But yes we got it to 2-2 and kept going. I was so pissed at myself for messing up that penalty shot on OT ... I wanted to go back forehand and it was open too i nearly broke everything in my room!

Very tight series like all out games nothing is safe, i agree when i had a lead seemed so slow.

Hopefully next time we play we can have a healthy roster and go at it with all our players.

Good luck in the finals. Ill be waiting for the next season to get some pay back!
Funny thing is when you were up 2-0 in that game, I was essentially ready to pack it in. I was almost thinking to myself if there's a way to just forfeit the game so I don't have to play it out before starting the next one. Then one of your goals disappeared and I think it gave me a second life watching your lead get cut in half Of course then I was able to get a couple of goals and tie it up (although the game thought it was 2-1 me ) so I guess that changed my attitude.

I also got really pissed in what I think was Game 4 when it seemed like you were determined to injure each and every one of my players. I'm convinced you gave one guy a concussion as he just laid there, and they stopped the game to show him just laying there. Then another guy hurt an arm. And then another a leg. I think Stoll was the only one who was injured for additional games (he's out for the playoffs), so its not terrible for me. But I was damn near ready to start gooning it up for game 5.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Welcome2Hell

If you can fit some games in tomorrow when I get out of class I have most of Wednesday off

Old
11-19-2012, 07:13 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Quote:

Anybody knows if we continue the season 2 when this one is over? If so we do need to get some new GM's in right. I hope I can get to play some more games the upcoming season. I played a lot against the CPU, not so funny.
It would be nice to find some active GM's, other than the handful we have.

We'll need to figure out a schedule to get the draft, resigning, and free agency period done before the next season starts too.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzFan View Post
It would be nice to find some active GM's, other than the handful we have.

We'll need to figure out a schedule to get the draft, resigning, and free agency period done before the next season starts too.
About this offseason stuff. I am not sure how the rest of the ECF or the SCF are going to take but i request since there is a Holiday coming up (and i will be out of town) that should all these series finish we dont make a move into the offseason process until sometime next week at the earliest.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Double Post sorry.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Scott04

I do agree with the general idea of the above. Unless the ECF ends say within the next 24 hours and I just so happen to find a time to finish it off with whoever wins prior to the weekend, probably best to slow things down through the end of November. I'll play the games essentially whenever works best. But I assume the majority of people won't be interested in doing any of the off-season stuff for at least a week or two. Although maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Quote:
I do agree with the general idea of the above. Unless the ECF ends say within the next 24 hours and I just so happen to find a time to finish it off with whoever wins prior to the weekend, probably best to slow things down through the end of November. I'll play the games essentially whenever works best. But I assume the majority of people won't be interested in doing any of the off-season stuff for at least a week or two. Although maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.
I just sent you an important PM haha

My main issue is that i will be gone from Wed until Monday afternoon then have to work mon and tues so i wont be around to make moves or anything.

Plus it gives us all time to figure out what we want for next season and try and get more GMs for the league.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Scott04

Quote:
I just sent you an important PM haha

My main issue is that i will be gone from Wed until Monday afternoon then have to work mon and tues so i wont be around to make moves or anything.

Plus it gives us all time to figure out what we want for next season and try and get more GMs for the league.
Also, are contract negotiations with our own players the first step in the off-season? or is that something we technically do before advancing? That may be an important thing to consider.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:54 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Quote:
About this offseason stuff. I am not sure how the rest of the ECF or the SCF are going to take but i request since there is a Holiday coming up (and i will be out of town) that should all these series finish we dont make a move into the offseason process until sometime next week at the earliest.
Quote:
We'll wait until after the weekend to advance. I know a lot of people are going away for the long weekend.

First up is the draft. You'll set your draft priority, ie, the players you want to draft in preferred order, etc. CPU does all the actual drafting, as there's no live draft available. Picks players based on the pick, and where you ranked the players you want.

After that is a week of re-signing our own players. Each sim period is a day. So we need to decide what to do there. Just sim each night at like 8pm EST I guess. Give everyone a good chance to resign all their players.

Then comes free agency.

Closed Thread