HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Joel Armia - Ässät, SM-liiga

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2012, 12:52 PM
  #951
FlutteringSaucer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
What's wrong with Armia? His point totals are not impressive, has he regressed or is it just that he hasn't had much luck go his way? IIRC he suffered a concussion earlier in the season, is that affecting his play?
There are people here who've seen more of him but based on the couple of games that I've seen there's not much wrong with him. He's not had a monster start but still decent. After all he's second in team in goals only behind to lockout-signing Joensuu.

One reason to his kind of average stats might be in his linemates too. I think that the level of centers in the team drops drastically after Dixon.

FlutteringSaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:32 PM
  #952
ElHefe
Registered User
 
ElHefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Capital Area
Country: Finland
Posts: 586
vCash: 500
I saw Ässät-Tappara game yesterday and Armia looked really good, nice and flashy moves and a couple of good passes. Had chances to get 1+2 but unfortunately sometimes the luck is not on his side.

I think we should remember the fact that goalies are excellent in FEL. Teams are also well organized and the game is physical. If Armia played in some other european league, the numbers could be different.

Anyway i'm pretty confident that he will score 22+ goals this season and will be the number one winger in Finland's U20-team after christmas.

ElHefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 05:01 PM
  #953
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Knee?
Ummm, watch to video again and pay attention to he's right leg...

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:48 AM
  #954
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
Armia suffering from post-concussion syndrome. Will now be day-to-day and won't be playing against Pelicans.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:13 AM
  #955
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Armia suffering from post-concussion syndrome. Will now be day-to-day and won't be playing against Pelicans.
****.

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:51 AM
  #956
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,016
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
Ummm, watch to video again and pay attention to he's right leg...
Relates to concussion how? Nothing wrong with HIS right leg.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:57 AM
  #957
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Relates to concussion how? Nothing wrong with HIS right leg.
Man, i know like dozen of guys myself included who BROKE their freaking knees after similar check to head and walked away without a concussion. Also when i did reply for that video, nobody was talking anything about concussion, so because of my personal experience i was more worried about his knee (guys tend to come out of a concussion as guys they were before it did happen, guys tend out to come out of serious knee injury as a shade they were)

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 10:13 AM
  #958
edd1e
Registered User
 
edd1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
Man, i know like dozen of guys myself included who BROKE their freaking knees after similar check to head and walked away without a concussion. Also when i did reply for that video, nobody was talking anything about concussion, so because of my personal experience i was more worried about his knee (guys tend to come out of a concussion as guys they were before it did happen, guys tend out to come out of serious knee injury as a shade they were)
But in this case concussion is what resulted from that hit. No knee injury involved! OK?

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 10:18 AM
  #959
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
But in this case concussion is what resulted from that hit. No knee injury involved! OK?
Problems comprehending what you read?

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:54 AM
  #960
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Armia suffering from post-concussion syndrome. Will now be day-to-day and won't be playing against Pelicans.

Tough break. Hope he recovers quickly.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:16 PM
  #961
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post

Tough break. Hope he recovers quickly.
Really tough considering he already got a mild concussion about a month ago against SaiPa (even though he only missed one and a half games).

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:25 PM
  #962
edd1e
Registered User
 
edd1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
Problems comprehending what you read?
No. Why you are going on about knee injuries in Armia's own thread i have trouble understanding.

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
  #963
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
Armia still not able to take part in practice and won't be playing tomorrow against HPK.

In other news, Ramzi Abid's suspension got reduced by one game to three and he can play this Friday.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:17 PM
  #964
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Armia still not able to take part in practice and won't be playing tomorrow against HPK.

In other news, Ramzi Abid's suspension got reduced by one game to three and he can play this Friday.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:34 PM
  #965
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
After today's game head coach Karri Kivi said that Armia is looking a bit better has regained some color to his cheeks when he has been there at the team's indoor rink. Kivi hopes that Armia could start practise on Tuesday.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:47 PM
  #966
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
After today's game head coach Karri Kivi said that Armia is looking a bit better has regained some color to his cheeks when he has been there at the team's indoor rink. Kivi hopes that Armia could start practise on Tuesday.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:18 AM
  #967
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
The team's website is saying that Armia is ready to play this week and will practise with the team tomorrow.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:57 PM
  #968
edd1e
Registered User
 
edd1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
The team's website is saying that Armia is ready to play this week and will practise with the team tomorrow.
Lovely

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:37 AM
  #969
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
A nice deke through a defenceman and scores a goal in the second period against Lukko.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:55 AM
  #970
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
A nice deke through a defenceman and scores a goal in the second period against Lukko.
Good to see he's come back in good shape.

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:35 PM
  #971
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
A nice deke through a defenceman and scores a goal in the second period against Lukko.

Glad to hear he came back strong. Hope he can stay healthy this time.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:00 PM
  #972
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Good to see he's come back in good shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post

Glad to hear he came back strong. Hope he can stay healthy this time.
Was quite dangerous throughout the game and certainly one of the better players for Ässät in this 2-1-loss from what I saw. Got a solid 14:57 of icetime.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:10 PM
  #973
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
Played a pretty strong game today also against Blues. Back-checked, got some chances and didn't score in the SO. 21.07 of icetime in the 2-1 loss.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
  #974
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,178
vCash: 6969
Didn't so much against Tappara two days ago in the 4-1-win so it's good to see, hear and read that he then got back on track and played well against Canada in the practise match just before the upcoming WJC.

Hopefully he has a solid tournament, gets some confidence for the second half of SM-liiga season and then gets to Rochester as soon as possible. Why? Well, the truth is that he just hasn't developed that much over here over the last 2 years and one could speculate that one of the bigger reasons is that he has been playing under a head coach that doesn't seem to push you all that much while also lacking quite a bit of knowledge in the profession.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:27 AM
  #975
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out
 
ManuelCalavera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Well, the truth is that he just hasn't developed that much over here over the last 2 years and one could speculate that one of the bigger reasons is that he has been playing under a head coach that doesn't seem to push you all that much while also lacking quite a bit of knowledge in the profession.
Eep, sounds similar to the Rochester head coach.

ManuelCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.