HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The new All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2012, 07:36 PM
  #101
BlueBaron
Registered User
 
BlueBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
I think a better trade for Toronto is keep Grabovski, because he is your best center, a position of need.

Trade Kulemin, Bozak, Colbourne, 1st protected(if top 10 deferred to 2014)

For Luongo, Raymond

Kulemin is replaced by Raymond, a small downgrade

Leafs just signed Mclement and have Steckel, Connolly and can call up Kadri to fill out top 9C positions. Again trading Bozak is a small downgrade is this area, but who knows maybe Kadri is as good as Leafs fans say and makes it an upgrade. In the offseason it is too hard to predict, but having goaltending and defence filled out looks a lot more promising to future UFA, dare I say Getzlaf.

Colbourne and 1st will not affect roster, but are necessary value added.

Net affect: No top players traded from last season. Addition of all-star goalie. Leafs make playoffs. Brian Burke keeps his job. More attractive location for pending UFAs.
No thanks

BlueBaron is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:40 PM
  #102
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
I think a better trade for Toronto is keep Grabovski, because he is your best center, a position of need.

Trade Kulemin, Bozak, Colbourne, 1st protected(if top 10 deferred to 2014)

For Luongo, Raymond

Kulemin is replaced by Raymond, a small downgrade

Leafs just signed Mclement and have Steckel, Connolly and can call up Kadri to fill out top 9C positions. Again trading Bozak is a small downgrade is this area, but who knows maybe Kadri is as good as Leafs fans say and makes it an upgrade. In the offseason it is too hard to predict, but having goaltending and defence filled out looks a lot more promising to future UFA, dare I say Getzlaf.

Colbourne and 1st will not affect roster, but are necessary value added.

Net affect: No top players traded from last season. Addition of all-star goalie. Leafs make playoffs. Brian Burke keeps his job. More attractive location for pending UFAs.
This is the closest package I've seen put forth without asking for a Pick from Vancouver.

Still would rather the Grabo proposal since it actually helps till out Vancouver more and gives us a quality player who improves our roster. Plus I like the idea of Grabo as our 2nd PP centre

mstad101 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:43 PM
  #103
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
No thanks
Toronto would be a better team in my proposal than yours.

Grabovski + Raymond + Luongo

Or

Bozak + Kulemin + Luongo

Obviously I am not including the 2 futures. That being Colbourne and 1st, but we are looking at which is a better team.

Numbers is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:43 PM
  #104
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,922
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuts View Post
I would get rid of both kuli and raymond and just forget this protected first garbage, the main reason the leafs dont want to move our first is we have been burned recently by doing such a thing, add that to 2013 being a really good draft, add a 2nd and a later pick.

So:
Bozak
Colborne
2nd
4th

your play!
I think the whole point of the protected first is so that Toronto avoids being burned a la Seguin...

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:50 PM
  #105
Tuts
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think the whole point of the protected first is so that Toronto avoids being burned a la Seguin...
yea im aware, i think its because this is such a deep draft though compared to other years most teams want to hang onto their firsts. I think getting a top 6 player(3rd for your team), a top 5 prospect and 2 picks seems like a decent return for luongo personally.

At least some progress is being made here! I also would rather not trade grabo compared to a package as vancouver fans have already pointed out why it would be silly for us to trade him

Tuts is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:51 PM
  #106
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think the whole point of the protected first is so that Toronto avoids being burned a la Seguin...

Yea...he took out the two biggest pieces and offered a pending ufa a b prospect and added a 2nd and 4th while not realizing what a 'protected first' means

Hint: It isnt there to protect VAN

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
  #107
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Finn instead of Percy/franson and 2013 protected 1st(deferred to 2014 if top 10)

We keep Finn and I'll agree to the 2013 1st as long as it's top ten protected.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
  #108
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 1785
I don't understand the point of trading Luongo for future based packages. We can always do that in the next off season or maximize value at the TDL.

If all we get out of a package is a #3C or a tweener we might as well hold onto Luongo for insurance and spend our own picks at the deadline.

I'd much rather have a Grabovski + pick or any package offered.

kthsn is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:59 PM
  #109
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Canucks have no need for Lombardi. Kadri doesn't sit well with me. If Hodgson had trouble staying on AVs good side I can't imagine AV trusting Kadri. I like his skill but it's his play away from the puck that has me concerned. So neither of those two

This is what fits for the Canucks (obviously some pieces Torotno wouldn't give, but just from Vancouvers perspective)

Kessel, Lupul, Grabovski, Kulemin, JVR, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Franson, Rielly, Finn, Percy, Biggs and the 2013 first. Figure out your package from that and what would be going along with Luongo.
Thanks for listing off the majority of our untouchables

(Franson, Percy, Biggs, top 10 protected 2013 1st are available)

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:02 PM
  #110
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
I don't understand the point of trading Luongo for future based packages. We can always do that in the next off season or maximize value at the TDL.

If all we get out of a package is a #3C or a tweener we might as well hold onto Luongo for insurance and spend our own picks at the deadline.

I'd much rather have a Grabovski + pick or any package offered.
Grabovski does not fit in Canucks lineup or cap structure. He is Toronto's best center. I just don't see a deal revolving around him make sense for either team. I think that a mixture of roster players and futures is what Vancouver will end up seeing. Lupul could be an option, but based on his UFA Status and Canucks lack of cap space if Cap shrinks in 2013 does not seem like the best play.

Numbers is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:07 PM
  #111
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
How about going BIG???


To Vancouver:
Grabovski
Kadri
Ashton
Percy
1st in 2013 (top 10 protected)

To Toronto:
Kesler
Luongo




(essentially it's adding Grabovski + Ashton - Raymond for adding Kesler)

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:08 PM
  #112
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
We keep Finn and I'll agree to the 2013 1st as long as it's top ten protected.

Keep Finn
Swap Percy/Franson for Blacker + 2nd

Numbers is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
  #113
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
How about going BIG???


To Vancouver:
Grabovski
Kadri
Ashton
Percy
1st in 2013 (top 10 protected)

To Toronto:
Kesler
Luongo
Too big my apologies. Kesler NTC just kicked in he ain't going no where anyways.

Numbers is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
  #114
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Grabovski does not fit in Canucks lineup or cap structure.
Canucks lack a left handed C at the #3 spot. We lack a #3C who can take the bulk of defensive draws after Manny went down. We lack a C who can create offensive with tweener wingers and provide secondary scoring. Grabovski does all these things well.

He's also 28 and about to enter his prime, perfectly in time for an increased role while the Sedins inevitably regress.

Grabovski's 5.5M fits perfectly into the forward cap structure between our top end players in Sedins and Kesler. His salary in comparison to Luongo's is a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
He is Toronto's best center.
True but Toronto has the depth to offset his loss. They have 4 NHL calibre Cs without Grabovski and some promising prospects when those Cs reach UFA.

kthsn is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
  #115
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,922
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
How about going BIG???


To Vancouver:
Grabovski
Kadri
Ashton
Percy
1st in 2013 (top 10 protected)

To Toronto:
Kesler
Luongo
No. Not close to getting us to move Kesler. I'm reluctant to take quantity over quality for Luongo alone, Kesler would require Kessel coming back for us to consider.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
  #116
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Canucks lack a left handed C at the #3 spot. We lack a #3C who can take the bulk of defensive draws after Manny went down. We lack a C who can create offensive with tweener wingers and provide secondary scoring. Grabovski does all these things well.

He's also 28 and about to enter his prime, perfectly in time for an increased role while the Sedins inevitably regress.

Grabovski's 5.5M fits perfectly into the forward cap structure between our top end players in Sedins and Kesler. His salary in comparison to Luongo's is a wash.


True but Toronto has the depth to offset his loss. They have 4 NHL calibre Cs without Grabovski and some promising prospects when those Cs reach UFA.
We don't have any quality depth at that position at all.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:12 PM
  #117
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,675
vCash: 500
So now you guys are talking Grabovski???? Really?

It seems that this lockout has taken whatever reality was on this board before and thrown it straight out the window.

seanlinden is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:14 PM
  #118
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
To Toronto
Luongo
Schroder
2013 2nd


To Vancouver
Kulemin
McArthur
Colbourne
Blacker
2013 1st non-protected

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:14 PM
  #119
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Keep Finn
Swap Percy/Franson for Blacker + 2nd
I'd hate to part with Blacker, let's see...

are you suggesting the following...

Lombardi + Kadri + Blacker + 1st (top 10 protected)

for

Raymond and Luongo

???

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
  #120
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
To Toronto
Luongo
Schroder
2013 2nd


To Vancouver
Kulemin
McArthur
Colbourne
Blacker
2013 1st non-protected
Sorry, but not even close...

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
  #121
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
We don't have any quality depth at that position at all.
Bozak - Connolly - McClement - Steckel is mediocre at best but Reimer - Scivens is even worse.

By acquiring Luongo Toronto gets an elite player in a position they are very lacking in. A defensive coach and an elite goalie can easily make the playoffs.

kthsn is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:16 PM
  #122
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
So now you guys are talking Grabovski???? Really?

It seems that this lockout has taken whatever reality was on this board before and thrown it straight out the window.
The only way we deal Grabovski is if Kesler is coming back our way. Otherwise the discusion involving Grabo ends.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
  #123
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Sorry, but not even close...
It's a hell of a lot closer than the garbage you've been proposing

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:18 PM
  #124
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,922
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
The only way we deal Grabovski is if Kesler is coming back our way. Otherwise the discusion involving Grabo ends.
We weren't the ones who brought him up, most Canucks fans were surprised that BlueBaron was wiling to deal him.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:18 PM
  #125
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
To Toronto
Luongo
Schroder
2013 2nd


To Vancouver
Kulemin
McArthur
Colbourne
Blacker
2013 1st non-protected
Make the Maple Leafs 2013 1st round pick conditional and I say let's talk. Personally speaking I refuse to see Brian Burke trade their 1st round pick without making it conditional on them making the Playoffs.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.