HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The new All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 08:44 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Because Gillis has the luxury of dealing one of his elite goalies to improve the team.
Then why doesn't he trade Schneider because everyone says Gillis could get a lot more in return based on his age and having a better contract.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'd deal JVR in a deal around Schneider. But understand, Schneider isn't proven and would get much more than JVR.

JVR + Prospect (Kadri/Colborne) + 2nd for Schneider + prospect
I'd do Schneider + Schroeder for JVR + 1st.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
I leave for like 6 hours, and we make more progress then in 6 months getting Grabovski on the table.

Well, the deals are getting better and better, in 24 hours we've had Lupul, Lombardi, Colborne and a 1st and Grabovski+ offered.

Edit: Also JVR+ for Schneider? Huh...where's Kessel+Phaneuf for Lu/Schneider+?

Is there a clause I didn't hear about that makes the Canucks 100% liable for Luongo's contract, regardless of length, retirement or cost, or something?

Old
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
I'd deal JVR in a deal around Schneider. But understand, Schneider isn't proven and would get much more than JVR.

Nope. Try again.

How about JVR Gardiner 2013 1st non protected + prospect

Old
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Then why doesn't he trade Schneider because everyone says Gillis could get a lot more in return based on his age and having a better contract.
He almost assuredly has fielded offeres for Schneider.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:47 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Hmmm....

To Tor:
Raymond
Schneider

To Van:
JVR
1st (top 10 protected)

Old
11-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Hmmm....

To Tor:
Raymond
Schneider

To Van:
JVR
1st (top 10 protected)
Sure, even better.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:48 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Nope. Try again.

How about JVR Gardiner 2013 1st non protected + prospect
I don't think I could LOL enough.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:50 PM
kthsn

Quote:
For a Canuck fan you value our core players very little and highly value TO players.

Maybe your opinion is slightly Leafs tinted from living in TO? I don't think any other Nuck fans value players like you do.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:50 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Sure, even better.
That's something I would prefer to do (rather than the Luongo deal)

So I'd offer...

JVR + 1st (top ten protected)

for

Raymond + Schneider

OR

LOmbardi + Kadri + Percy + 1st (top ten protected)

for

Raymond + Luongo

Old
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:

If a more proven goalie is what you're looking for we have one available.

I like JVR but him as the center piece in a deal involving Schneider is not enough for me. If I'm Gillis one of Reilly or Gardiner must be coming back.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:52 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Sure, even better.
James van Riemsdyk won't be traded so can't we at least leave his name out this discussion?

Old
11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
That's something I would prefer to do (rather than the Luongo deal)

So I'd offer...

JVR + 1st (top ten protected)

for

Raymond + Schneider

OR

LOmbardi + Kadri + Percy + 1st (top ten protected)

for

Raymond + Luongo
You'd have to improve on the first one, but it's not bad.

The second is awful, we've established what we're looking for in a return, and Lombard is negative value to us, Kadri and Percy aren't sufficiently valuable enough to cover Lombardi's negative impact on this trade as well as the difference between Luongo and a 1st.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Co Ho*

Canucks aren't trading Schneider. Too valuable to us. I know from other fans' perspective it looks like we are overvaluing him due to a small sample size. But everything we have seen, he's a really special talent that could carry our team for years to come and can put up a brick wall. There is literally nothing about him as an athlete, or person, that isn't to like. Not trading.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:57 PM
stevecanuck16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
The answer is in the question (which usually come with question marks.)

Gillis also values his age and better contract. Also, Schneider still has upside, while Luongo is a known quantity.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
For a Canuck fan you value our core players very little and highly value TO players.

Maybe your opinion is slightly Leafs tinted from living in TO? I don't think any other Nuck fans value players like you do.
I'm also holding out for Lupul + 1st in a Luongo trade while other fans want a medley of Colborne/Bozak/Biggs.

I like the Leafs, but I don't think it impairs my judgement. Schneider for a former 2nd overall who has shown some great playoff performances and another 1sts in a deep draft we could either use ourselves or flip in a bid for Perry at the deadline is a solid package.

I'm easy trading Luongo or Schneider, both are more than capable of winning the cup with us.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
I'm also holding out for Lupul + 1st in a Luongo trade while other fans want a medley of Colborne/Bozak/Biggs.

I like the Leafs, but I don't think it impairs my judgement. Schneider for a former 2nd overall who has shown some great playoff performances and another 1sts in a deep draft we could either use ourselves or flip in a bid for Perry at the deadline is a solid package.

I'm easy trading Luongo or Schneider, both are more than capable of winning the cup with us.
Yashin was picked second overall too

Old
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
You'd have to improve on the first one, but it's not bad.

The second is awful, we've established what we're looking for in a return, and Lombard is negative value to us, Kadri and Percy aren't sufficiently valuable enough to cover Lombardi's negative impact on this trade as well as the difference between Luongo and a 1st.

The 2nd is the best you'd get from us. You could choose between Lombardi/Connolly and than Kadri/Colborne. Percy is a recent 1st, and you'd also get another 1st (top 10 protected) WE have to send back some sort of salary back even if it's only for a yr.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:07 PM
seanlinden

Quote:

You'll be holding out a loooooooong time. Lupul's not going to fall out of favour enough to be traded before the trade deadline comes, and they're certainly not going to trade him right after signing a new contract.

The fact that you think a combination of Biggs/Bozak/Colborne is the backup plan shows just how out of touch with reality you are. The pieces you'd be looking at from Toronto are guys like Kadri, Lombardi and MacArthur. If that doesn't work, there's 28 other teams in the league. Yeah, you could get a first, but it certainly wouldn't come with a prospect / young player of any sort of quality. Maybe a 1st + MacArthur if the CBA is favourable.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:08 PM
kthsn

Quote:
Lupul literally seems like the last guy Gillis would target on the Leafs. Defensively weak and issues about work ethic. Probably way overvalued by Burke as well.

Quote:
Schneider for a former 2nd overall who has shown some great playoff performances and another 1sts in a deep draft we could either use ourselves or flip in a bid for Perry at the deadline is a solid package.
2nd overall who has never scored more than 40 points.

A solid project but less of a legit top 6er than Mason Raymond.

If we wanted a 1st we could flip our own and trade Luongo in the off season. If all we wanted was some prospects we could trade him in the off season. If it doesn't improve our team there's no point to trading either goalie.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
The 2nd is the best you'd get from us. You could choose between Lombardi/Connolly and than Kadri/Colborne. Percy is a recent 1st, and you'd also get another 1st (top 10 protected) WE have to send back some sort of salary back even if it's only for a yr.
Percy can be as recent a 1st as last year, but he's not valued the same to Toronto as to us.

Colborne and Kadri aren't taking a top spot in our prospect pool, and it would be a far stretch to hope they would improve our roster drastically when they aren't making a big splash on a bottom five team.

Lombardi and Connolly are overpaid third liners, at best, on our roster, and hold slightly above zero value with their contracts. Adding them is us doing your team a favour. I understand you'd need to move cap to accommodate 5.33 million in cap space, but you may as well keep them and waive one. If you need to add salary, drop Percy and give us something usable to us.

That leaves a first as the only big ticket item coming back, and that's top 10 protected? No thank you.

Pass. Others have taken our arguments and accommodated our needs and come up with much better offers, so there seems to be a huge discrepancy between you saying this is the most, and someone else who seems as militantly pro-Leafs saying Lupul, Colborne, Lombardi and a 1st for Lu and our 1st, or Grabovski+.

Stop selling the lowball offers, we're not buying.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:09 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
We weren't the ones who brought him up, most Canucks fans were surprised that BlueBaron was wiling to deal him.
Actually a Nucks fan brought him up and I agreed. But it looks like only two or three of you were into it and the others are back after assets we really should not part with, our first rounder, Kuleman and our top center prospect. I think its pretty obvious people just like throwing names around no matter how many times it's pointed out they are assets we cannot realisticly part with. Grabovski we could do, it would hurt, but we could do it. Trading our first at this stage is stupid because Luo would improve us but he is not the final piece, there would still be much building to do.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:11 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Percy can be as recent a 1st as last year, but he's not valued the same to Toronto as to us.

Colborne and Kadri aren't taking a top spot in our prospect pool, and it would be a far stretch to hope they would improve our roster drastically when they aren't making a big splash on a bottom five team.

Lombardi and Connolly are overpaid third liners, at best, on our roster, and hold slightly above zero value with their contracts. Adding them is us doing your team a favour. I understand you'd need to move cap to accommodate 5.33 million in cap space, but you may as well keep them and waive one. If you need to add salary, drop Percy and give us something usable to us.

That leaves a first as the only big ticket item coming back, and that's top 10 protected? No thank you.

Pass. Others have taken
our arguments and accommodated our needs and come up with much better offers, so there seems to be a huge discrepancy between you saying this is the most, and someone else who seems as militantly pro-Leafs saying Lupul, Colborne, Lombardi and a 1st for Lu and our 1st, or Grabovski+.

Stop selling the lowball offers, we're not buying.
Stop asking for the moon when it comes to a goalie who almost has negative value.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:12 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
What you don't remember or know, is that before Reimer's injury, he was playing quite well. Let's not forget his incredible run he has 2 yrs ago when he pretty much single handidly won us 20 games in a row.

Can't steal from Paul, to pay Peter. Doesn't work that way.
Won 20 games in a row? Lol, I think you're the one who doesn't remember. Try 4 in a row. Winning 7/8 is respectable enough, don't need to get all crazy on that hyperbole.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:13 PM
kthsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Grabovski we could do, it would hurt, but we could do it. Trading our first at this stage is stupid because Luo would improve us but he is not the final piece, there would still be much building to do.
I think 90% of Nucks fans would do Grabovski + 3rd for Luongo.

Obviously some fans would rather have Gardiner/Rielly/1st/Kulemin packages but that's not feasible for TO.

Closed Thread