HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 07:01 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Announcer: "In the 1st period, the Icehogs really were looking good and controlling the game before the penalties. Where have we heard that before? Maybe on Friday."

Not sure if this announcer should be fired or not... he is criticizing the team and this shouldn't be allowed...he should be more neutral!

Old
11-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Marotte Marauder

I see Beach off to a blistering pace. 20% of the season played and 7 points, projects out to equal his rookie pro season of 36 points.

Before anyone gives the old, power forwards take longer to develop...Troy Brouwer had 76 goals and 57 assists in AHL after 2 seasons and the same age as Beach.

Let's here from the Brouwer sucks peeps now.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:09 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHog1962 View Post
Frustrating? How about going to the BMO and putting your butt into a seat instead of sitting at home and complaining about watching a ripped off web feed? Put up some money then you can truly be frustrated. I'll be at the BMO again on December 10th from about 10am until the games over, again on Dec 29th..we can have a beer.

Now on my own rant. I watched people rip the Blackhawks a new one all last year, now since those people are bored they turn their attention to the IceHogs? Why aren't you complaining about the Toledo Walleye?
I've become a huge IceHog fan over the past few seasons...it really takes something to root for a team (players) that are only on a there to get better and move on, so I will defend them with my last breath.
I really hate responding to such stupidity but...

"WAAAHHHH I WENT TO THE ICEHOGS GAME....YOU ONLY WATCHED THEM ON YOUR COMPUTER!!! U ARE NOT A FAN LIKE ME! I AM THE BEST FAN OF THE HOGS!!!!"

You sound like you are really immature and really in need of some positive reinforcement from your parents but unfortunately you won't get that from me.

So let me get this straight...because I only go to a couple Rockford Icehogs game a year then I can no longer be a fan? I am supposed to drive 6 hours this weekend so that I can go to the Rockford Icehogs game or else I can't criticize them? I go to school 5 hours away from Chicago and 6 and a half hours away from Rockford so I am not a fan now? I went to 2 games last year and I already have bought tickets for this year while I am home on Christmas break. Am I now qualified as a fan? I'll also probably go to a game over spring break....just like I did last year. Last year I went to 1 game over winter break and 1 game over spring break. So am I allowed to criticize them please???? OR should I just say "HEY GREAT JOB TEAM! YOU MAY LOSE 7-0 BUT YOU TRIED HARD(oh wait, you didn't) AND YOU DESERVE A TROPHY FOR PARTICIPATION!"?

You say that you are a "real fan" but yet you don't care how the Icehogs play? Doesn't sound like a real fan to me. Sounds like you go to the game because you have nothing better to do. A REAL fan would have some emotion and some cause for concern when their team commits 9 penalties in a 20 minute time span. And look...now the Icehogs commit 3 penalties in the first period of the next game and give up a goal on the PK. Maybe the criticism was warranted? Or is there no such thing? Oh wait, you can't criticize them this game because you are not at the game this time.

Here is my "proof" of fandom since I guess it is now super cool to be an Icehogs fan and some exclusive club...from September 6th before the lockout BTW...

Here is the email I got reminding me that single-game tickets just went on sale:

Here is the tickets I bought that same day:

So please do me a favor and drop your undeserved sense of accomplishment. Get off your high horse. You aren't special because you go to more games than someone just like someone else isn't more special than you because they go to more Hawks' games. You really sounded like a high schooler who found the "cool" band before it became "cool". Oh man, this band isn't cool anymore because some other kids, like Hawks' fans listen to them now.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
I see Beach off to a blistering pace. 20% of the season played and 7 points, projects out to equal his rookie pro season of 36 points.

Before anyone gives the old, power forwards take longer to develop...Troy Brouwer had 76 goals and 57 assists in AHL after 2 seasons and the same age as Beach.

Let's here from the Brouwer sucks peeps now.
Beach has played only 11 games this season. Great sample size.

Not sure why you seem happy/excited about that though anyways. Brouwer is on another team and sucks. Good to hear that he was a great AHL player though...too bad it didn't translate. Beach still has the chance to actually be GOOD though so we'll have to wait and see before we start cheering that the Hawks' drafted a bust.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:31 PM
RomersWorld*

2nd period, Hogs down 2-0.

WOW...Beach almost gets a goal....Hogs thought it went in but it might've hit the post. It beat the goalie...lets see if they review it.

Edit- Apparently it was Morin who shot it...announcers say it was a GOAL...clear evidence according to them.

Then they the refs say NO GOAL.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:54 PM
lewis black

Is there a feed to the game?

Old
11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Beach has played only 11 games this season. Great sample size.

Not sure why you seem happy/excited about that though anyways. Brouwer is on another team and sucks. Good to hear that he was a great AHL player though...too bad it didn't translate. Beach still has the chance to actually be GOOD though so we'll have to wait and see before we start cheering that the Hawks' drafted a bust.
Just trying to help you learn a few things along the way. BTW Brouwer was/is a good player. Beach will not reach his success in the AHL nor NHL, said it the day he was drafted.

Why am I happy about it? Not really happy but Beach is a tough guy to root for, not really a great guy.

You are free to use whatever it is you use to analyze players.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Just trying to help you learn a few things along the way. BTW Brouwer was/is a good player. Beach will not reach his success in the AHL nor NHL, said it the day he was drafted.

Why am I happy about it? Not really happy but Beach is a tough guy to root for, not really a great guy.

You are free to use whatever it is you use to analyze players.
On what planet?

Old
11-18-2012, 08:16 PM
RomersWorld*

GOAL! Ben Smith scores a powerplay goal to make it 2-1.

Icehogs have really been dominating the shot totals.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:18 PM
RomersWorld*

Right after the goal, Clendening with an awful miscue and falls down....Larsson scores to make it 3-1. Hogs give up the short handed goal.

EDIT- CLENDENING! Scores a goal to make up for the mistake...wow.

On a side note, I sure wish we would've drafted a different Swede like Calle Jarnkrok or Johan Larsson isntead of bust Rensfeldt. Johan Larsson really making us pay...he has looked great. Too bad we drafted Justin Holl instead...Larsson went 1 pick after.

Kind of funny when you compare Minnesota's 2010 draft to ours..
#6 Granlund > Any of our prospects
#28 Coyle > #24 Hayes
#39 Bulmer > #35 Rensfeldt
#56 Larsson > #54 Holl
#59 Zucker > #58 Simpson

Ouch. Every pick(even though Coyle was a trade) is way better than ours...and we picked right before them each time.

Last edited by RomersWorld*: 11-18-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old
11-18-2012, 08:28 PM
RomersWorld*

Matt Hackett robs Brandon Saad. Play by play guy: "Saad could have about 4 goals tonight".

Aero's go the the power play...Klas Dalhbeck gets a covering the puck/delay of game penalty.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
On what planet?
The planet where a 7th round pick becam an NHL regular after 2 years, the planet where he had 22 goals on a Cup winning team, the planet where he was 4th one season in GWG, the planet where he became so valuable that the 7th rounder was now worth a 1st round pick.

That's also the planet I live on, btw. You?

Old
11-18-2012, 09:10 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
The planet where a 7th round pick becam an NHL regular after 2 years, the planet where he had 22 goals on a Cup winning team, the planet where he was 4th one season in GWG, the planet where he became so valuable that the 7th rounder was now worth a 1st round pick.

That's also the planet I live on, btw. You?
He gave the Hawks great value and an awesome return for where he was taken but he's not a guy I'd ever want to keep through his UFA years.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Hawkaholic

You know, the AHL point totals you put up are directly related to the success you have in the NHL. Lots of quality NHLers are doing worse than Kyle Beach is this year. Not saying he is NHL quality, but point totals are not what you judge players by.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
You know, the AHL point totals you put up are directly related to the success you have in the NHL. Lots of quality NHLers are doing worse than Kyle Beach is this year. Not saying he is NHL quality, but point totals are not what you judge players by.
Just maybe the quality NHLers have a different level of motivation than a 3rd year pro who has done nothing to advance his prospects so far. Maybe?

And what are YOU judging a Kyle Beach on? His leadership, defense and understanding of the game?

Old
11-18-2012, 10:43 PM
IceHog1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
blah blah blah...read Romers post up a bit
All I can say is...I'm done responding to Romer. Since you're still in school, I'm taking back my beer offer, I don't want to contribute to the delinquency of a minor...I didn't realize I had kids older than you. Have fun with your love to hate relationship with the IceHogs.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Sarava

Alright guys enough of the bickering. Take it to pm's if you insist on continuing with it.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Just maybe the quality NHLers have a different level of motivation than a 3rd year pro who has done nothing to advance his prospects so far. Maybe?

And what are YOU judging a Kyle Beach on? His leadership, defense and understanding of the game?
Maybe Beach will have different motivation when playing in the NHL? You never know. That's why you don't judge players based off of point totals in the AHL. And to say he is a 3rd year pro is misleading, considering he still hasn't played 2 full seasons yet. Once he get's the call to the bigs (and he will) I will reserve my judgement.

I haven't judged him off anything yet, because I haven't seen much of him.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:41 AM
clydesdale line

Not a big fan of Beach (although his toughness/grit is more than needed on the Hawks) but he ain't doin so bad being centered by Flick and LeBlanc playing on the 3rd/4th line this year.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Maybe Beach will have different motivation when playing in the NHL? You never know. That's why you don't judge players based off of point totals in the AHL. And to say he is a 3rd year pro is misleading, considering he still hasn't played 2 full seasons yet. Once he get's the call to the bigs (and he will) I will reserve my judgement.

I haven't judged him off anything yet, because I haven't seen much of him.
Many players would have adjusted their motivatioon levels if in the bigs, probably all of them. Unfortunately, they didn't make it.

Point totals aside, the 2 penalties in that parade to the box the other is not insignificant. He was the ONLY player to get 2 in that stretch. That tells me he hasn't matured to where a lot of people think he has.

The young man better step it up or his prospects for NHL hockey, at least with CHI will disappear quickly.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:38 PM
hockeydoug

Quote:
the 2 penalties in that parade to the box the other is not insignificant. He was the ONLY player to get 2 in that stretch. That tells me he hasn't matured to where a lot of people think he has.
This is what I focus on too.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Many players would have adjusted their motivatioon levels if in the bigs, probably all of them. Unfortunately, they didn't make it.

Point totals aside, the 2 penalties in that parade to the box the other is not insignificant. He was the ONLY player to get 2 in that stretch. That tells me he hasn't matured to where a lot of people think he has.

The young man better step it up or his prospects for NHL hockey, at least with CHI will disappear quickly.
Beach will get his chance to make it, and he has deserved a call up this year (if there was a season).

Wow, he got 2 penalties in a game, wippty do. One was an off-setting minor, so really, only 1 penalty worth talking about.

He does need to step it up, but to blast him for having 7pts in 12 games playing 3rd/4th line duty with Flick and Leblanc is not exactly telling the whole story. That's all I am saying.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Beach will get his chance to make it, and he has deserved a call up this year (if there was a season).

Wow, he got 2 penalties in a game, wippty do. One was an off-setting minor, so really, only 1 penalty worth talking about.

He does need to step it up, but to blast him for having 7pts in 12 games playing 3rd/4th line duty with Flick and Leblanc is not exactly telling the whole story. That's all I am saying.
The point is, he's playing 3/4 line because that's all he has earned. 7 points in 12 games is following up his rookie season, let's just not sweep that away as some like to do.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
The point is, he's playing 3/4 line because that's all he has earned. 7 points in 12 games is following up his rookie season, let's just not sweep that away as some like to do.
What have Ben Smith, Andrew Shaw, and Jimmy Hayes done that have earned them top 2 line duty? Nothing much more than what Beach has done.

Also, Beach is ahead of his rookie season.
Pro rated, he is on pace for 31 goals and 13 assists and a +19.
In his rookie season he had 16goals and 20 assists and a -24.

And since this is only technically his 2nd season, his totals probably will only increase slightly if he continues to be handed bottom line duty.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
What have Ben Smith, Andrew Shaw, and Jimmy Hayes done that have earned them top 2 line duty? Nothing much more than what Beach has done.

Also, Beach is ahead of his rookie season.
Pro rated, he is on pace for 31 goals and 13 assists and a +19.
In his rookie season he had 16goals and 20 assists and a -24.

And since this is only technically his 2nd season, his totals probably will only increase slightly if he continues to be handed bottom line duty.
AS, BS< JH probably just have less of the stupid gene, enough to distinguish a differen,e.

Pro rating is folly for someone who hasn't shown the discipline, durability or talent to play every game.

Closed Thread