HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Klaus Catsby, Esquire

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
More to the point, how the hell do you remember any of this?
Actually, yeah...legitimate question.

I've only gotten black-out drunk three times in my life...and those were all deserving of the term 'black-out drunk'...I don't remember anything at all after a certain point.

I should have died on my 21st birthday...but I don't remember anything between singing Fly Me To the Moon and waking up on a stranger's couch. According to who I was with I had something like 33 shots that night. Oof.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
11-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Actually, yeah...legitimate question.

I've only gotten black-out drunk three times in my life...and those were all deserving of the term 'black-out drunk'...I don't remember anything at all after a certain point.

I should have died on my 21st birthday...but I don't remember anything between singing Fly Me To the Moon and waking up on a stranger's couch. According to who I was with I had something like 33 shots that night. Oof.
I have done it twice. both black-out drunk nights still have glimpses of memories. I don't remember order or anything, but I remember bits and pieces. I've never completely lost the night. though some of them are probably other people's stories that I have adopted as memories after hearing them enough state college really did a number on me. i was used to my small catholic school dormroom drinking. pitchers of snowcone flavored liquor were trouble

Last edited by Ogrezilla: 11-18-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old
11-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

I can only remember doing it three times - once as a college freshman (the wonders of everclear), the aforementioned 21st birthday, and a couple summers ago in Missoula where it was as much the sun's fault as it was the alcohol.

100+ degrees and sunny plus session drinking into the night...yeah, severe dehydration. I woke up at 5 in the morning in the driver's seat of a car that wasn't mine...

Old
11-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I can only remember doing it three times - once as a college freshman (the wonders of everclear), the aforementioned 21st birthday, and a couple summers ago in Missoula where it was as much the sun's fault as it was the alcohol.

100+ degrees and sunny plus session drinking into the night...yeah, severe dehydration. I woke up at 5 in the morning in the driver's seat of a car that wasn't mine...
I blame monkey boys and not realizing it was 5 minutes til last call. I chugged my third pitcher and things got hazy quickly.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:38 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

I've had a couple of times. Once was on homecoming in college where I woke up in my underwear with my clothes outside on the porch caked in mud. I had absolutely no idea what happened and how I got home. The last thing I remember was sucking down jello shots.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
More to the point, how the hell do you remember any of this?
Beats me. Some things are blacked out, i was going wild almost breaking things, and falling off my deck. But one of the guys was crying, he lost a friend this way before. I was told i stopped breathing, or atleast it looked that way.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:50 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I've blacked out once. I had two 4 Loko's before the real ones were banned. I remember bits and pieces of that night but I remember getting into a scuffle along with having an axiety attack. That's about it. One of the many reasons I don't like being drunk.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
11-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Yeah...I love drinking, but I hate being drunk. That never used to be a problem considering I had the tolerance of three men, but that is rapidly fading in my old age.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Shady Machine

I have no idea how your friends take you to the hospital because they were worried and then drop you off and dip out. That seems sketchy. Really glad to hear you are okay though.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
According to who I was with I had something like 33 shots that night. Oof.
I hope it wasn't with clear alcohol...

Old
11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Ominous Grey

Never gotten black-out drunk. Thank God. Who knows what craziness I'd get into. I always stop right before it gets to that point.

Lately, I haven't really even gotten drunk. I'm starting to get a knack for which point I'll get a hangover, and try not to go over that limit.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Ominous Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
I've blacked out once. I had two 4 Loko's before the real ones were banned. I remember bits and pieces of that night but I remember getting into a scuffle along with having an axiety attack. That's about it. One of the many reasons I don't like being drunk.
There's a good reason those things are banned.

People don't realize how drunk they are with all the caffeine in the mix. The only time I ever had to call the paramedics, 4 Locos was the primary culprit.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:41 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
Never gotten black-out drunk. Thank God. Who knows what craziness I'd get into. I always stop right before it gets to that point.

Lately, I haven't really even gotten drunk. I'm starting to get a knack for which point I'll get a hangover, and try not to go over that limit.
You don't want it. I feel like a moron for how i was acting when i was blacked out, also for the time i was walking in the middle of the highway (i walked FAR i'm told), i didn't even realize i was on the highway, i swear i was on the side of a single lane road, away from the road, not a 4 lane road, right in the middle of it. Been depressed all day, but that will wear off.

Tip for anyone...DON'T DRINK FAST! i downed 3 whiskeys in 90 minutes, not within 3 hours like i thought...

Old
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
HuskerTornado
Waiting for October

Never blacked out. Have only gotten sick once. I actually make it a point to stay awake until my drunkenness wears off. Sometimes I'm up until 7am, but it's worth it not to have a killer hangover.

I think my tolerance is growing as I'm getting older. I can outdrink a lot of guys that used to drink much more than me.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:07 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
There's a good reason those things are banned.

People don't realize how drunk they are with all the caffeine in the mix. The only time I ever had to call the paramedics, 4 Locos was the primary culprit.
Worst thing I have ever drank alcohol wise. They were horrid. My days of binge drinking are over. I can personally enjoy having a beer or two or having a glass of Captain and Coke and being content with that.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Til the End of Time

i am currently doing a particular rotation, and there is a patient here that had necrosis (bad infection) of both of their forearms due to drug abuse, had to get taken to the OR for wound debridement. the arms ultimately may be amputated. making the story even better, they have a weird condition that causes them to eat unusual things, classically dirt. but in this case, the patient was eating their infected scabs from the forearms.

i thought the patient looked familiar. turns out it is actually a minor celebrity.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
I've been blackout drunk too many times, but it's usually for small points in time. For instance my last birthday I woke up with a bag of Doritos in my bed. I remember almost everything about that night up until the Doritos.

Drinking is fun and all but I'm over getting drunk. Just not worth it in the end. I'll settle at a nice buzz and call it a day.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Shady Machine

Post lumbar puncture spinal headaches ****ing suck.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

They may'v found life on mars. What do you all think?

Old
11-20-2012, 04:57 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
I've been blackout drunk too many times, but it's usually for small points in time. For instance my last birthday I woke up with a bag of Doritos in my bed. I remember almost everything about that night up until the Doritos.

Drinking is fun and all but I'm over getting drunk. Just not worth it in the end. I'll settle at a nice buzz and call it a day.
Doritos eh? lol.

That reminds me of the episode of Kings of Queens when Arthur passes out with a bowl of soup in Doug and Carrie's bed.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:44 PM
JTG

I have never been blackout drunk, but things have been spotty. I have passed out drunk before where it was physically impossible for me to stay awake.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:05 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 934
Speaking of being drunk...guess what I found totally frozen about an hour ago??? My half of a bottle of Ketel One in my fiancee's deep freezer.

This time though I'm not worrying and pouring it out like how I did with the 1/4 bottle of Russian Standard I had that froze a few weeks ago. Screw that. Ketel is more expensive/yummier. I'm just gonna drink it and and not worry. I'm sure it's fine. Hell I've had 4 shots of it while I've let it thaw and I'm still here.

With that said, **** that POS of a freezer.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Stop putting your vodka in the freezer. Simple solution.

Also stop drinking a beverage meant for rich women on diets.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 11-20-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 09:44 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 934
Quote:
Stop putting your vodka in the freezer. Simple solution.

Also stop drinking a beverage meant for rich women on diets.
But but... I like taking a bottle of vodka nice and cold out of the freezer and having a nice chilled shot.

But yeah I would have put it in our fridge but the bottle is too tall to fit in the little shelf storage thing inside the door. Y'know where folks store botles of soda and water and things. And I'm unsure about putting it on it's side on a shelf in the fridge simply because our fridge is crowded enough as it is. We have way too much stuff.

As of now it's living in the fridge freezer sitting inside the door on the little shelf on it's side. It hasn't refrozen there so....cross your fingers. Might just use that little shelf in the fridge freezer from now on. I had my 375 ml. bottle of Jagermeister in that shelf and it was fine. Was chilled but never froze.

And since when do rich women on diets drink vodka?

Old
11-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

And since when do rich women on diets drink vodka?
Since Swanson said so.

Closed Thread