HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part VI: Kreiders Underwear is not a Ladies man.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2012, 02:01 AM
  #351
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,360
vCash: 500
My GOD I'm so hyped up on caffeine and sugar.

edit: My dad's gift to me was this

think it's really beautiful.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:10 AM
  #352
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 26,084
vCash: 2000
Wow, that's nice. Is that a puck on the bottom-left?

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Kane One is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:16 AM
  #353
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Wow, that's nice. Is that a puck on the bottom-left?
Yeah. Brian Leetch card on the other end

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:34 PM
  #354
The Perfect Paradox
On hiatus.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
My GOD I'm so hyped up on caffeine and sugar.

edit: My dad's gift to me was this

think it's really beautiful.
Seems like an awesome gift, completely jealous. Happy birthday, by the way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I need to find new friends, or more friends. I can't sit in this ****ing house any longer.

I need to get a job and move out. Or go back to school. Something. This "funemployment" bull**** sucks. I guess if more of my friends were doing the same things as me it wouldn't be so bad. Most of them are working or in school still. Out of, I'd say my 10 closest friends, only one of them is around and unemployed. But he's got other things going on.

Time to stop being so picky in the jobs I apply for. Not everyone gets to do what they love for a living, silverfish. At least to start. Go grind some money and get the hell out of your parents house already.

Does anyone else have "older" parents? I don't know what the hell happened. But when my dad hit 60, dude hit a brick wall. Guys a shell of his former self. His hearing is crap, yet he insists on starting a conversation with you from across the house by yelling, knowing full well when you yell an answer back he won't hear you for ****. Very frustrating.

I wish I could go back and do it all over differently, or just do it again.

Regrets.

/endrant
I know nothing about your situation outside of this post but honestly it seems that you have a pretty decent head on your shoulders.

Since you just graduated college, I'm going to assume you're somewhere around 22/23 years old. With that in mind, I think you need to realize that what you are going through in regards to friends, is completely normal. Most people your age are losing most of their friends as they move away to find jobs, move in with significant others or get involved with other friend circles that are more convenient. Fortunately, finding new friends definitely isn't very difficult to do as long as you aren't a complete social outcast. Whether you meet them through your job or through a hobby doesn't matter. As long as you put yourself out there, I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people.

In the way of jobs, it seems that you have learned your lesson that (especially in this economy), you can't be picky looking for an entry-level job. After spending all that time in school and having an ideal life in mind, I completely understand how your situation is disappointing to say the least. However, it seems that you have shown tons of maturity in realizing that life can't always go as planned and that you need to adjust (or in your situation, look for jobs you may not like). If you can't find anything positive to take out of the situation, at least be proud that you are maturing and realizing what real life is about; many people your age cannot honestly say the same thing.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:58 PM
  #355
Cresto
Much .500
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
I might be in town early yo. Decided to take a long ass break from poker because I want to enjoy life. I found myself sitting in my room drinking wine and considering that the best thing I could be doing on a Saturday night and I realized, huh... I think it's time for me to get some hobbies and live the life of a normal person. What's life good for if work takes up all your time, energy and interests?

Cresto is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:29 PM
  #356
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
(Awesome Avatar)
Just wanted to say that your avatar is awesome.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  #357
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
I know nothing about your situation outside of this post but honestly it seems that you have a pretty decent head on your shoulders.

Since you just graduated college, I'm going to assume you're somewhere around 22/23 years old. With that in mind, I think you need to realize that what you are going through in regards to friends, is completely normal. Most people your age are losing most of their friends as they move away to find jobs, move in with significant others or get involved with other friend circles that are more convenient. Fortunately, finding new friends definitely isn't very difficult to do as long as you aren't a complete social outcast. Whether you meet them through your job or through a hobby doesn't matter. As long as you put yourself out there, I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people.

In the way of jobs, it seems that you have learned your lesson that (especially in this economy), you can't be picky looking for an entry-level job. After spending all that time in school and having an ideal life in mind, I completely understand how your situation is disappointing to say the least. However, it seems that you have shown tons of maturity in realizing that life can't always go as planned and that you need to adjust (or in your situation, look for jobs you may not like). If you can't find anything positive to take out of the situation, at least be proud that you are maturing and realizing what real life is about; many people your age cannot honestly say the same thing.
Nailed it, and thanks for the vote of confidence

Like I said, I know what I need to do. I just need to get out of my own head really, and out of my own way. It's been a problem for me my entire life really.

Always trying to get better.

silverfish is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:38 PM
  #358
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I might be in town early yo. Decided to take a long ass break from poker because I want to enjoy life. I found myself sitting in my room drinking wine and considering that the best thing I could be doing on a Saturday night and I realized, huh... I think it's time for me to get some hobbies and live the life of a normal person. What's life good for if work takes up all your time, energy and interests?
Good you can come to NY instead!

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:46 PM
  #359
Cresto
Much .500
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Good you can come to NY instead!
If the season's back on by January - February, I'm moving to NY for a few months.

Cresto is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:32 PM
  #360
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
If the season's back on by January - February, I'm moving to NY for a few months.
Join us...forever.... join ussss

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:34 PM
  #361
Cresto
Much .500
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Nailed it, and thanks for the vote of confidence

Like I said, I know what I need to do. I just need to get out of my own head really, and out of my own way. It's been a problem for me my entire life really.

Always trying to get better.
Being my usual self, I'll say something to the idea of enlightenment of some sort

There is no tangible goal in life. Going along with something that someone said a few posts back, adaptability in mind and in reality is the key for transitioning between concrete realities. When life takes on no discrete form, it is much like teleportation. When one instance of physical existence breaks down and is transferred over to the destination to be reconstructed, all that's kept intact are the energies and the schematic for reconstruction. Aside from that, no great tangible form exists. Right now, you're lacking of a schematic and low on energy. Get the positive flow going and start being better at something, anything. It's all about doing the right things to get momentum and start creating experiences that welcomes more positivity. Over time, as the amount of energy grows, a way of life will start to form itself.

P.S no, I'm not crazy. I was tested.

Cresto is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:38 PM
  #362
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Being my usual self, I'll say something to the idea of enlightenment of some sort

There is no tangible goal in life. Going along with something that someone said a few posts back, adaptability in mind and in reality is the key for transitioning between concrete realities. When life takes on no discrete form, it is much like teleportation. When one instance of physical existence breaks down and is transferred over to the destination to be reconstructed, all that's kept intact are the energies and the schematic for reconstruction. Aside from that, no great tangible form exists. Right now, you're lacking of a schematic and low on energy. Get the positive flow going and start being better at something, anything. It's all about doing the right things to get momentum and start creating experiences that welcomes more positivity. Over time, as the amount of energy grows, a way of life will start to form itself.



silverfish is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:42 PM
  #363
Cresto
Much .500
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post


LOL Okay, I am crazy then
That's exactly what my message is
I just put it in a more cult dogma style

Take it or leave it, Silver. No need to attack such spiritual advice with videos

Cresto is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:45 PM
  #364
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,772
vCash: 50
Well, yesterday was a great and terrible day, all at one time.

Luckily, Ed Hochuli's explanations are making things better.

__________________
Into the flood again; Same old trip it was back then.
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:48 PM
  #365
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,772
vCash: 50
Wrong thread.


Last edited by Bob Richards: 11-18-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 04:31 PM
  #366
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
LOL Okay, I am crazy then
That's exactly what my message is
I just put it in a more cult dogma style

Take it or leave it, Silver. No need to attack such spiritual advice with videos
Haha despite the video response, since that was the first thing I thought of reading your posts, I do appreciate all advice

silverfish is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:23 PM
  #367
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream
 
Hodgy OFWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
watching American Psycho right now, this is.. interesting

Hodgy OFWG is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:02 PM
  #368
The Perfect Paradox
On hiatus.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Just wanted to say that your avatar is awesome.
Thanks.

Been on bit of a Megadeth binge as of late, figured I had to show some support for one of my favorite all-time metal albums.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
  #369
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,360
vCash: 500
if you guys have Ops 2 on PS3 and want to play, add me

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
  #370
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,425
vCash: 50
It's time for me to get in on the serious talk, and I'm about to top all of you (although, that's not a good thing)

Teenage son of incompetent divorced parents... Chapter 3

My mom's Dominican boyfriend is unemployed (or so they want me to believe), and my mom is as well.
So? Well, about a month ago, he went home to the Dominican Republic to "work". This was my first hint at a future revalation. After about a week, he shoots someone....
My mom tells me, there was a bar fight, and he dropped the gun, which accidentally fired. I'm not sure if she's stupid enough to believe that, or if she thinks I'm that dumb.
So the guy gets arrested, and goes back to New York for a few days, before returning to the DR (pretty sure my mom paid for all 3 flights) at this point I learn that the two of them bought land there, and she planned to move there once I'm in college (seriously?)
About an hour ago, I intercept a text message from my mom to him, from which I learn this (according to google translate at least):
-they're working with an incompetent lawyer
-she's sending him money... which I'm pretty sure is coming from my college savings
-"she sacrificed everything for him, and he needs to change" this is what all but confirms my previous suspicions. He's involved in illegal dealings. Most likely drugs. Probably part of a cartel (maybe... Until he shot someone?)

My actions so far I emailed my grandparents (in Europe) told them this whole story, and asked them to check my bank account (and if money was withdrawn, suspend it) and secondly, to obviously confront my mom
Second action? Post on here

My problem either no matter what, is that I'm stuck with my mom till at least the 30th, because my dad is out of the country.
Happy day after my birthday to me!

So... Help... Anyone?.. Please.

Kreider is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
  #371
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,425
vCash: 50
I really hope that my teachers can accept that as an excuse for not doing my work (and me writing this part makes it sound I made the story up. I 100% didn't)

Kreider is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 09:05 PM
  #372
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
It's time for me to get in on the serious talk, and I'm about to top all of you (although, that's not a good thing)

Teenage son of incompetent divorced parents... Chapter 3

My mom's Dominican boyfriend is unemployed (or so they want me to believe), and my mom is as well.
So? Well, about a month ago, he went home to the Dominican Republic to "work". This was my first hint at a future revalation. After about a week, he shoots someone....
My mom tells me, there was a bar fight, and he dropped the gun, which accidentally fired. I'm not sure if she's stupid enough to believe that, or if she thinks I'm that dumb.
So the guy gets arrested, and goes back to New York for a few days, before returning to the DR (pretty sure my mom paid for all 3 flights) at this point I learn that the two of them bought land there, and she planned to move there once I'm in college (seriously?)
About an hour ago, I intercept a text message from my mom to him, from which I learn this (according to google translate at least):
-they're working with an incompetent lawyer
-she's sending him money... which I'm pretty sure is coming from my college savings
-"she sacrificed everything for him, and he needs to change" this is what all but confirms my previous suspicions. He's involved in illegal dealings. Most likely drugs. Probably part of a cartel (maybe... Until he shot someone?)

My actions so far I emailed my grandparents (in Europe) told them this whole story, and asked them to check my bank account (and if money was withdrawn, suspend it) and secondly, to obviously confront my mom
Second action? Post on here

My problem either no matter what, is that I'm stuck with my mom till at least the 30th, because my dad is out of the country.
Happy day after my birthday to me!

So... Help... Anyone?.. Please.
I... I have no words. Get away from your mom (easier said than done, I'm sure), and try to keep any money that belongs to you (ie. that you've earned yourself) safe and out of her reach.

silverfish is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 09:12 PM
  #373
The Perfect Paradox
On hiatus.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
It's time for me to get in on the serious talk, and I'm about to top all of you (although, that's not a good thing)

Teenage son of incompetent divorced parents... Chapter 3

My mom's Dominican boyfriend is unemployed (or so they want me to believe), and my mom is as well.
So? Well, about a month ago, he went home to the Dominican Republic to "work". This was my first hint at a future revalation. After about a week, he shoots someone....
My mom tells me, there was a bar fight, and he dropped the gun, which accidentally fired. I'm not sure if she's stupid enough to believe that, or if she thinks I'm that dumb.
So the guy gets arrested, and goes back to New York for a few days, before returning to the DR (pretty sure my mom paid for all 3 flights) at this point I learn that the two of them bought land there, and she planned to move there once I'm in college (seriously?)
About an hour ago, I intercept a text message from my mom to him, from which I learn this (according to google translate at least):
-they're working with an incompetent lawyer
-she's sending him money... which I'm pretty sure is coming from my college savings
-"she sacrificed everything for him, and he needs to change" this is what all but confirms my previous suspicions. He's involved in illegal dealings. Most likely drugs. Probably part of a cartel (maybe... Until he shot someone?)

My actions so far I emailed my grandparents (in Europe) told them this whole story, and asked them to check my bank account (and if money was withdrawn, suspend it) and secondly, to obviously confront my mom
Second action? Post on here

My problem either no matter what, is that I'm stuck with my mom till at least the 30th, because my dad is out of the country.
Happy day after my birthday to me!

So... Help... Anyone?.. Please.
I'm assuming there is no way you can get in contact with your father during all of this, so reaching out to your other relatives was definitely the right thing to do. In the meantime, if this guy is really involved with drugs, I would not hesitate to get the hell away from him as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

IMO, I would not call your mom out about her potentially taking money or about her future "plans" until you are no longer living with her. Make sure another trustworthy family member is fully aware of the situation and that you hold onto any proof you have. Once you are in a SAFE residence and away from your mom's boyfriend, then talk to your mom about it.

Your safety is the most important thing in this situation, as this guy could be putting you into some serious danger. If you know there's family that you could move in with, do not hesitate to do so. If not, like I previously mentioned, keep a trustworthy family member updated with the full details until your dad arrives back in the United States.

I'm really sorry that something like this is happening to you. No one, especially at your age, should have to put up with something like this.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 01:57 AM
  #374
Cresto
Much .500
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
God ******************** damn it. I was talking to pokerstars support today about a few things and brought up the idea of closing/freezing one's account for periods of time and the responsible gaming division went ahead and froze my account for 18-months thinking I wanted it. Now I emailed them to try and get it reversed. The thing about bans is that it's for the safety of the players who have gambling problems so even if the player request it to be reserved, it can't be done. Now, what happens in this situation where it's a mistake? Who knows? I am realllllllllly scared right now.

Cresto is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 02:09 AM
  #375
Cresto
Much .500
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's like worst than being off sugar, caffeine, alcohol, smokes and anything sex related for 18 months. What the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaq

Cresto is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.