vCash: 500
Aeros win 3-2

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 08:36 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Knew they wouldn't let the home crowd down.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:39 PM
TheeNorthStar

Just got back from the X!

Great turn out! I was expecting a little higher attendance than the prospect camp but was happily surprised.

11k+ The lower level was about pretty full and there were still people spilling over into the club seats, upper levels were empty though...

I tried to use the panorama option on my camera phone.. Turned out ok. This is prior to puck drop as tons of people were still pouring in.

For 12 bucks ($24 for 2) well worth it. Pretty good game.

TheeNorthStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 700
Awesome idea to take a panorama photo!

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:47 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Scandella has been extremely willing to pinch and carry the puck deep lately.
Good to hear.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:25 PM
tyratoku

Has anyone talked about Palmieri yet?

Dude looks like a straight axe murderer. Long hair, dirty stache, helmet tilted just right so he always has to look up at everyone even though he is 3" taller than everyone else, and above all else, he's basically a tank compared to everyone else. Jesus.

Anyway, I sat three rows behind the Aeros bench. Only snapped a few pictures.

Thinking about making a new avatar out of that one. I tried to get a similar one of Coyle, but every time I was about to snap a new picture the people in front of us would move to block it. Oh well.

It was fun. I almost stayed to get the autographs after, but checking time I figured we could either wait in line for a half hour + however long the line is(they didn't start until 30min after the game was over), or haul ass home to watch Walking Dead.

Went for the latter.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:42 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Palmieri looks good too, most of the time, but IIRC the Devils fans said that he always looked strong in the minors and maybe for a few games in the NHL then falls flat. my enthusiasm is muted, but right now he looks NHL ready to me for a bottom sixer.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:36 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Ugh...

Normally, I get my annoyance with other people in the stands out of the way in the pre-season... This time... Not so much...

Two blow-hards sat directly behind us... One guy plays "winter hockey only" and constantly says that he "could do that"... The other guy says every chance he gets how he "knows that guy" or "went to high school" with a different guy.

Example; "Nick Larsson went to my high school."

/facepalm

My absolute favorite moment of the game came shortly after 5:12 in the 2nd period; "Scoring for the Houston Aeros; Yooooo-han Larssooon."

Blow-hard dude; "Oh. That isn't Nick."

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:39 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Normally, I get my annoyance with other people in the stands out of the way in the pre-season... This time... Not so much...

Two blow-hards sat directly behind us... One guy plays "winter hockey only" and constantly says that he "could do that"... The other guy says every chance he gets how he "knows that guy" or "went to high school" with a different guy.

Example; "Nick Larsson went to my high school."

/facepalm

My absolute favorite moment of the game came shortly after 5:12 in the 2nd period; "Scoring for the Houston Aeros; Yooooo-han Larssooon."

Blow-hard dude; "Oh. That isn't Nick."
Ha, it wasn't Jonas either.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:47 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Ha, it wasn't Jonas either.

Gave Falness a lot of grief on twitter and in person for getting that wrong, twice, during the Aeros scrimmage...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:04 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Palmieri looks good too, most of the time, but IIRC the Devils fans said that he always looked strong in the minors and maybe for a few games in the NHL then falls flat. my enthusiasm is muted, but right now he looks NHL ready to me for a bottom sixer.
Yeah, Palmieri reminds me of sooo many AHL stars/NHL scrubs.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

did phillips get benched or injured? he did not get any playing time in the 3rd. zucker and scandella look awesome, coyle seemed to protect the puck well but was kinda a non factor. any other thoughts about the game? larsson with 2 goals

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Seen a James Sheppard sweater roaming the streets getting my pregame beers out the way. Laffs were had. Then I seen some kid wearing a Zucker sweater.

As far as the game, Coyle looked very good. Ice looked very bad. And Tyler Cuma is hot garbage on skates. Wow, what a terrible game from him.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
tyratoku

Forgot to say, before the game when my buddy and I were on our way to the X, we were standing on the corner waiting for the light to cross. Standing next to us is a trio speaking another language.

I turn to my buddy and say, "Finns. Guaranteed."

"Nope. Czechs. They make that weird throat-R sound. Czechs."

I kinda nod and look back at the trio and then go, "That would suck if they came all the way over here to see FBJ, only he's injured now." my buddy berates me saying why would a bunch of Czechs come all the way over here to see Mikael? And my only response was to look at the Aeros roster and tell me exactly how many Czechs there are on the roster. Dumbfounded him.

A few minutes later when I'm at will-call getting my tickets, the trio is in the stand next to us. Lo and behold it was Erik Haula and I'm guessing his father, plus another dude. My buddy would not believe me that it was Haula or that they were Finnish. I had to look up a picture of the guy on my ipod quick and show my buddy a comparison.

Almost wanted to ask him to sign my jersey, but decided not to. The three were not getting any special attention and Erik had a hat pulled down pretty low on his face so I'm guessing they were trying to fly under the radar. Oh well. It was kind of cool.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 700
Saw Colton Gillies (pre-trade) right outside the X once before a game. He was a healthy scratch that night. Foreshadowing.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:04 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Forgot to say, before the game when my buddy and I were on our way to the X, we were standing on the corner waiting for the light to cross. Standing next to us is a trio speaking another language.

I turn to my buddy and say, "Finns. Guaranteed."

"Nope. Czechs. They make that weird throat-R sound. Czechs."

I kinda nod and look back at the trio and then go, "That would suck if they came all the way over here to see FBJ, only he's injured now." my buddy berates me saying why would a bunch of Czechs come all the way over here to see Mikael? And my only response was to look at the Aeros roster and tell me exactly how many Czechs there are on the roster. Dumbfounded him.

A few minutes later when I'm at will-call getting my tickets, the trio is in the stand next to us. Lo and behold it was Erik Haula and I'm guessing his father, plus another dude. My buddy would not believe me that it was Haula or that they were Finnish. I had to look up a picture of the guy on my ipod quick and show my buddy a comparison.

Almost wanted to ask him to sign my jersey, but decided not to. The three were not getting any special attention and Erik had a hat pulled down pretty low on his face so I'm guessing they were trying to fly under the radar. Oh well. It was kind of cool.
I saw Erik Haula this weekend too. Hopefully he was in a better mood.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:03 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoezIt View Post
Just got back from the X!

Great turn out! I was expecting a little higher attendance than the prospect camp but was happily surprised.

11k+ The lower level was about pretty full and there were still people spilling over into the club seats, upper levels were empty though...

I tried to use the panorama option on my camera phone.. Turned out ok. This is prior to puck drop as tons of people were still pouring in.

For 12 bucks ($24 for 2) well worth it. Pretty good game.
I see me

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Disengage

Disengage is online now   Reply With Quote