HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/18 - IceHogs vs Houston @ Xcel - 5:05 PM CT - AHL Live/KNTH

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
  #51
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Aeros win 3-2

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 08:36 PM
  #52
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 12,035
vCash: 500
Knew they wouldn't let the home crowd down.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:39 PM
  #53
TheeNorthStar
Registered User
 
TheeNorthStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
Just got back from the X!

Great turn out! I was expecting a little higher attendance than the prospect camp but was happily surprised.

11k+ The lower level was about pretty full and there were still people spilling over into the club seats, upper levels were empty though...

I tried to use the panorama option on my camera phone.. Turned out ok. This is prior to puck drop as tons of people were still pouring in.



For 12 bucks ($24 for 2) well worth it. Pretty good game.

TheeNorthStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:04 PM
  #54
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 16,725
vCash: 700
Awesome idea to take a panorama photo!

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:47 PM
  #55
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Scandella has been extremely willing to pinch and carry the puck deep lately.
Good to hear.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:25 PM
  #56
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 500
Has anyone talked about Palmieri yet?

Dude looks like a straight axe murderer. Long hair, dirty stache, helmet tilted just right so he always has to look up at everyone even though he is 3" taller than everyone else, and above all else, he's basically a tank compared to everyone else. Jesus.

Anyway, I sat three rows behind the Aeros bench. Only snapped a few pictures.




Thinking about making a new avatar out of that one. I tried to get a similar one of Coyle, but every time I was about to snap a new picture the people in front of us would move to block it. Oh well.



It was fun. I almost stayed to get the autographs after, but checking time I figured we could either wait in line for a half hour + however long the line is(they didn't start until 30min after the game was over), or haul ass home to watch Walking Dead.

Went for the latter.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:42 AM
  #57
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,370
vCash: 50
Palmieri looks good too, most of the time, but IIRC the Devils fans said that he always looked strong in the minors and maybe for a few games in the NHL then falls flat. my enthusiasm is muted, but right now he looks NHL ready to me for a bottom sixer.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:36 AM
  #58
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Ugh...

Normally, I get my annoyance with other people in the stands out of the way in the pre-season... This time... Not so much...

Two blow-hards sat directly behind us... One guy plays "winter hockey only" and constantly says that he "could do that"... The other guy says every chance he gets how he "knows that guy" or "went to high school" with a different guy.

Example; "Nick Larsson went to my high school."

/facepalm

My absolute favorite moment of the game came shortly after 5:12 in the 2nd period; "Scoring for the Houston Aeros; Yooooo-han Larssooon."

Blow-hard dude; "Oh. That isn't Nick."

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:39 AM
  #59
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Normally, I get my annoyance with other people in the stands out of the way in the pre-season... This time... Not so much...

Two blow-hards sat directly behind us... One guy plays "winter hockey only" and constantly says that he "could do that"... The other guy says every chance he gets how he "knows that guy" or "went to high school" with a different guy.

Example; "Nick Larsson went to my high school."

/facepalm

My absolute favorite moment of the game came shortly after 5:12 in the 2nd period; "Scoring for the Houston Aeros; Yooooo-han Larssooon."

Blow-hard dude; "Oh. That isn't Nick."
Ha, it wasn't Jonas either.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:47 AM
  #60
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Ha, it wasn't Jonas either.


Gave Falness a lot of grief on twitter and in person for getting that wrong, twice, during the Aeros scrimmage...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:04 PM
  #61
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Palmieri looks good too, most of the time, but IIRC the Devils fans said that he always looked strong in the minors and maybe for a few games in the NHL then falls flat. my enthusiasm is muted, but right now he looks NHL ready to me for a bottom sixer.
Yeah, Palmieri reminds me of sooo many AHL stars/NHL scrubs.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
  #62
keppel146
We love Bacon
 
keppel146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MinneSOta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
did phillips get benched or injured? he did not get any playing time in the 3rd. zucker and scandella look awesome, coyle seemed to protect the puck well but was kinda a non factor. any other thoughts about the game? larsson with 2 goals

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
  #63
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,810
vCash: 500
Seen a James Sheppard sweater roaming the streets getting my pregame beers out the way. Laffs were had. Then I seen some kid wearing a Zucker sweater.

As far as the game, Coyle looked very good. Ice looked very bad. And Tyler Cuma is hot garbage on skates. Wow, what a terrible game from him.

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
  #64
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 500
Forgot to say, before the game when my buddy and I were on our way to the X, we were standing on the corner waiting for the light to cross. Standing next to us is a trio speaking another language.

I turn to my buddy and say, "Finns. Guaranteed."

"Nope. Czechs. They make that weird throat-R sound. Czechs."

I kinda nod and look back at the trio and then go, "That would suck if they came all the way over here to see FBJ, only he's injured now." my buddy berates me saying why would a bunch of Czechs come all the way over here to see Mikael? And my only response was to look at the Aeros roster and tell me exactly how many Czechs there are on the roster. Dumbfounded him.

A few minutes later when I'm at will-call getting my tickets, the trio is in the stand next to us. Lo and behold it was Erik Haula and I'm guessing his father, plus another dude. My buddy would not believe me that it was Haula or that they were Finnish. I had to look up a picture of the guy on my ipod quick and show my buddy a comparison.

Almost wanted to ask him to sign my jersey, but decided not to. The three were not getting any special attention and Erik had a hat pulled down pretty low on his face so I'm guessing they were trying to fly under the radar. Oh well. It was kind of cool.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:44 PM
  #65
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 16,725
vCash: 700
Saw Colton Gillies (pre-trade) right outside the X once before a game. He was a healthy scratch that night. Foreshadowing.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:04 PM
  #66
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Forgot to say, before the game when my buddy and I were on our way to the X, we were standing on the corner waiting for the light to cross. Standing next to us is a trio speaking another language.

I turn to my buddy and say, "Finns. Guaranteed."

"Nope. Czechs. They make that weird throat-R sound. Czechs."

I kinda nod and look back at the trio and then go, "That would suck if they came all the way over here to see FBJ, only he's injured now." my buddy berates me saying why would a bunch of Czechs come all the way over here to see Mikael? And my only response was to look at the Aeros roster and tell me exactly how many Czechs there are on the roster. Dumbfounded him.

A few minutes later when I'm at will-call getting my tickets, the trio is in the stand next to us. Lo and behold it was Erik Haula and I'm guessing his father, plus another dude. My buddy would not believe me that it was Haula or that they were Finnish. I had to look up a picture of the guy on my ipod quick and show my buddy a comparison.

Almost wanted to ask him to sign my jersey, but decided not to. The three were not getting any special attention and Erik had a hat pulled down pretty low on his face so I'm guessing they were trying to fly under the radar. Oh well. It was kind of cool.
I saw Erik Haula this weekend too. Hopefully he was in a better mood.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:03 PM
  #67
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoezIt View Post
Just got back from the X!

Great turn out! I was expecting a little higher attendance than the prospect camp but was happily surprised.

11k+ The lower level was about pretty full and there were still people spilling over into the club seats, upper levels were empty though...

I tried to use the panorama option on my camera phone.. Turned out ok. This is prior to puck drop as tons of people were still pouring in.



For 12 bucks ($24 for 2) well worth it. Pretty good game.
I see me

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 10:49 PM
  #68
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 544
vCash: 500

Disengage is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.