HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Game 12/13] Adirondack/Crackchester@ Bingo| Novembeer 16th, 2012 | 7:05p LATE stream

Old
11-19-2012, 07:32 AM
SevenOfSpades
SkinnyOneOnTheRight

vCash: 125
Hate to take anything away from Prince, I'm sure he had a stellar game, but from the highlights it looked like his goal was a filthy tip by Silf.

SevenOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:45 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
I'll also add, one thing Luke has not addressed, like KK in Bingo, is keeping the game 'simple'..like others have posted that this yrs players are playing on 'edge' under Luke..

Perhaps Boro has been under KK's rule of keeping the game "simple" to Luke's game of "playing on the edge" is making the transition difficult in some fans eye's..
I think this is it. I expected one player, and have received a totally different player than I anticipated. Some player's seem to live and die by what a coach tells them to do.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:44 AM
leftwinglocker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
I think this is it. I expected one player, and have received a totally different player than I anticipated. Some player's seem to live and die by what a coach tells them to do.
Saw Boro alot when I went to Clarkson. He is a "team first" guy. We had offensive defencemen and coach asked him to be the shutdown guy. He was one of the best in the league. Ask other ECAC teams who they hated playing against. He does what he's asked and what's best for the team. I even remember him taking faceoffs in critical situations.

He'll produce offence if needed (was your top D man in points as a rookie last season ). Will be a top PK man if that's what you need. Will go to war for his teammates. Shines in the playoffs. Many here really underestimate him. He could easily be a 4-5 for you guys someday.

If the Sens are smart, they'll prevent him from becoming a Group VI UFA when he's 25. Nothing I'd like more, though, than seeing him in Philly where I could see him play.

leftwinglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 10:20 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenOfSpades View Post
Hate to take anything away from Prince, I'm sure he had a stellar game, but from the highlights it looked like his goal was a filthy tip by Silf.
Yea, I initially thought it was Silfverberg too and after a quick glance on the replay. He celebrated really hard and I think he may have touched it first so they gave him credit.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka0v2...00B55373CD3C9C

I've watched it over and over, frame by frame and Prince does deflect it, but it deflects again of Silfverberg's stick.

Goes to show you the type of guy Silf is. Not stealing Prince's thunder.

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinglocker View Post
Saw Boro alot when I went to Clarkson. He is a "team first" guy. We had offensive defencemen and coach asked him to be the shutdown guy. He was one of the best in the league. Ask other ECAC teams who they hated playing against. He does what he's asked and what's best for the team. I even remember him taking faceoffs in critical situations.

He'll produce offence if needed (was your top D man in points as a rookie last season ). Will be a top PK man if that's what you need. Will go to war for his teammates. Shines in the playoffs. Many here really underestimate him. He could easily be a 4-5 for you guys someday.

If the Sens are smart, they'll prevent him from becoming a Group VI UFA when he's 25. Nothing I'd like more, though, than seeing him in Philly where I could see him play.
Seems to be a Luke Richrdson clone, team first, willing to stick up for teammates, nothing fancy but very efficient, fans-coaches and teama-mates love him, OI think he has the inside track on Weircohe for that open LD spot just because he is a PK< fighting type of player - he can't replace Cowen but he can do a lot of the same things Cowen did for us.

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:39 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka0v2...00B55373CD3C9C

I've watched it over and over, frame by frame and Prince does deflect it, but it deflects again of Silfverberg's stick.

Goes to show you the type of guy Silf is. Not stealing Prince's thunder.
Oh yea, that's definitely Silfv. Common sense just by considering the angle the puck would take in the deflection he placed it in. With that being said, what a ****ing tip by Silfverberg. A natural leader that one but he's the type that leads by example like Alfredsson/Lidstrom.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Most players do, it called survival.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Seems to be a Luke Richrdson clone, team first, willing to stick up for teammates, nothing fancy but very efficient, fans-coaches and teama-mates love him, OI think he has the inside track on Weircohe for that open LD spot just because he is a PK< fighting type of player - he can't replace Cowen but he can do a lot of the same things Cowen did for us.
Boro hasn't the skill to replace what Cowen would offer the Sens in a 1-4 role. Weircoich is the guy that has those skills and is showing them.

So if the lockout ends and unless Paul decides he wants experience and takes Benoit, PW will be in Ottawa IMO.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
3 goals in 14 games put Wiercioch on pace for almost 20 goals. Pretty stellar for a defenceman.
He has only played in 12 so far.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Not to mention Wier has been great defensively this year. It's the same deal with Karlsson. Just because you aren't overly physical doesn't mean you aren't good defensively.
So true, PW has replaced Cowen on the top pairing and had been very solid defensively.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:28 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
He has only played in 12 so far.
I was just going by the numbers the other guy gave. But thats even better.

ErikKarlsson is online now   Reply With Quote