HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Ty Rattie Watch

Old
05-11-2012, 09:28 AM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Hopefully Portland can win Saturday and Sunday or Edmonton advances to the Memorial Cup final four.

Whenever his season ends I expect him to sign his ELC.
If he signs his ELC, is he still eligible to go back to juniors if he doesnt make the team? And if he does, would that count as a year on his ELC?

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
If he signs his ELC, is he still eligible to go back to juniors if he doesnt make the team? And if he does, would that count as a year on his ELC?
Yes and no, so it is basically the same situation as Pietrangelo. We will certainly sign him this summer, which means that if he doesn't play 10 or more games next season the first year of his ELC will be 2013/14.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:46 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Signing him is mostly a formality. They have two years to sign him so if it doesn't happen this spring then it just has to happen before a little over a year from now. It's not some big pressing thing but it's the kind of news I'll think more likely than not comes this year. And yes, lots of guys in junior have signed an ELC. It doesn't start its clock until he has his first pro season (which as Prometheus said is the 9/10 game thing).

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 10:38 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Portland wins on a late third period goal, forces Game 7 tomorrow. No points for Rattie or Bartschi.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Portland lost, were never in the game. Rattie finishes with 33 points in 21 playoff games (19 goals, 14 assists). Definitely not bothered by pressure.

Next season Portland loses some talent but get Seth Jones, who looks like a defensive phenom. Hopefully Rattie signs (though he still has a full year), has a solid summer of muscle-building, attends a Blues camp that shows him what he's still got left to work on, and earns a WJC spot.

Old
05-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
In all likelihood, Rattie won't make the Blues next year. Looking at your lineup, you have no reason to bring him up at this point, as he's a player that has to play in an offensive role to be successful. So, unless he cracks your top-4 wingers next year, he'll be back in Portland for what should be a dominating year. My assumption is that he and Brenden Leipsic will combine for a solid duo, but the team is definitely heading for rebuild mode, which might mean a trade in Rattie's future.

The team will be losing Sven Bartschi, Brad Ross, Oliver Gabriel, Marcel Noebels, and Cam Reid up front. On defense, they're losing captain William Wrenn, draft picks Troy Rutkowski, Joe Morrow, and goaltender Mac Carruth. For those keeping score, that's two thirds of the top line, the entire second line, their top-three defensemen, and their starting goaltender.

The best thing for Rattie to do next year is to simply continue to improve while playing his game. My guess is that the league will see a pretty substantial drop in scoring next year (I could be wrong, of course), and that Rattie's point total will probably sag a little bit with the loss of linemate Bartschi. If that's the case, the important thing will be whether or not he continues to improve as an overall player.

I'll do my best to drop in with periodic updates for you guys, though my schedule will be very tight with the glut of top prospects coming out of the WHL next year. If anyone has any questions/comments for me, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll gladly respond or post on the board.

Cheers

PS - congrats on the building season and the playoff run. Hopefully the Jackets will provide some competition at some point in the distant future.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
In all likelihood, Rattie won't make the Blues next year. Looking at your lineup, you have no reason to bring him up at this point, as he's a player that has to play in an offensive role to be successful. So, unless he cracks your top-4 wingers next year, he'll be back in Portland for what should be a dominating year. My assumption is that he and Brenden Leipsic will combine for a solid duo, but the team is definitely heading for rebuild mode, which might mean a trade in Rattie's future.

The team will be losing Sven Bartschi, Brad Ross, Oliver Gabriel, Marcel Noebels, and Cam Reid up front. On defense, they're losing captain William Wrenn, draft picks Troy Rutkowski, Joe Morrow, and goaltender Mac Carruth. For those keeping score, that's two thirds of the top line, the entire second line, their top-three defensemen, and their starting goaltender.

The best thing for Rattie to do next year is to simply continue to improve while playing his game. My guess is that the league will see a pretty substantial drop in scoring next year (I could be wrong, of course), and that Rattie's point total will probably sag a little bit with the loss of linemate Bartschi. If that's the case, the important thing will be whether or not he continues to improve as an overall player.

I'll do my best to drop in with periodic updates for you guys, though my schedule will be very tight with the glut of top prospects coming out of the WHL next year. If anyone has any questions/comments for me, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll gladly respond or post on the board.

Cheers

PS - congrats on the building season and the playoff run. Hopefully the Jackets will provide some competition at some point in the distant future.
Thanks for the insight, sir... and we will definitely be asking questions about Rattie's development.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:43 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post

Cheers

Thanks for the update! Hopefully the competition isn't that far in the future.

I think it might be a good thing for Rattie for half the team to leave. It'll put more pressure on Rattie, which should be a good thing for his development. Hopefully he is up to the challenge, makes the WJC, then is traded to a contender for a long playoff run.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:24 AM
jessejames

How's Rattie look this year compared to last year

jessejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejames View Post
How's Rattie look this year compared to last year
He had a horrid statistical start to the year. But after the first couple of weeks he is back on pace to what he did last year. Voted the top canadian player for the WHL in the 2nd subways series game agains Russia.

He is showing better development on the d side of things and is also showing that he didn't depend on the the Flames prospect to put up points. One of the top forwards in WHL so far this year. He is really progressing.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:54 AM
stlweir

The Blues are in a position they have never been in before. A new owner with a strong young core of players at the NHL level, a solid pipeline of prospects and all their draft choices intact.(even a few extra picks) Rattie looks to be a legit scoring winger and it's easy to get excited about Jaskin as well.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 09:42 AM
stlweir

Rattie with 2 assists yesterday gives him 34 points in his last 18 games.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:46 PM
CoMoBlues
Jori's here!!!

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, great to see Rattie's progression this year. I just hope they don't deal him, perhaps to Calgary, for the coveted Left Handed Defencemen to play with Petro.

CoMoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Alklha

Another 3 assists for him last night. 15-23-38 & +20 on the season now.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:35 AM
stlweir

Who tallies more points this year Rattie or Jaskin?

Old
11-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Alklha

Jaškin is 19-21-40 & +4 in his 25 games. Rattie has played 24 games for his 38 points.

Jaškin is doing that on a more defensive team as well. But it is hard enough to compare player totals on different teams, never mind when they are in different Leagues!

Old
11-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Jaškin is 19-21-40 & +4 in his 25 games. Rattie has played 24 games for his 38 points.

Jaškin is doing that on a more defensive team as well. But it is hard enough to compare player totals on different teams, never mind when they are in different Leagues!
It's easier for forwards to accumulate masses of points in The Q. I think that, at this point, Rattie's 38 points in 24 WHL games is more impressive than Jaškin's 40 points in 25 QMJHL games. But, they both are playing well, And that's what is important.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 04:31 AM
stlweir

Rattie with a goal and a helper last night.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:40 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
It's easier for forwards to accumulate masses of points in The Q. I think that, at this point, Rattie's 38 points in 24 WHL games is more impressive than Jaškin's 40 points in 25 QMJHL games. But, they both are playing well, And that's what is important.
It is a tough comparison to make, but I don't think you can look at League wide scoring solely. I think the gap between scoring in the Q and other Leagues is closing, and even then the Wildcats are averaging 0.7 goals per game less in the Q than the Winterhawks are in the WHL.

The OHL, WHL and Q are all so different though.

Old
12-08-2012, 03:28 AM
stlweir

Goal and an assist for Rattie last night.