*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
superspitfan99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Cord had a few points setting up Carrick and they were the best dmen tandem for Missy. AND YES, CORD WAS THE HARDEST WORKER, AS HE HIT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT, AND WAS A PHYSICAL FORCE THAT NIAGARA COULDNT HANDLE.

Percy is slacking and Demelo is holding his own, but if Percy doesnt shake out of it, they will continue to get exposed. They are great shut down guys, but not physical enough to buy some room for themselves, and thats why Carrick and Cord have been very effective lately.

They should go after Sarault and Trocheck, who can be had for prospects and draft choices. Both Sarnia and Saginaw can be sellers?
I can agree that Cord is a physical Dman, probably one of the most physical that Missy has. Let's have a friendly agree to disagree on that game. IMO Carrick is putting points up because he's finding the openings to shoot the puck at the net. With or without Cord, I think he would continue to do that.

I think that DeMelo is starting to get more attention because he is holding his own and yes they are great on the PK together, but you're right their physical game, especially Percy's, need to pick up or they will get exposed more.

I like your two forward selections for options.

On another note...glad to see that Missy traded Windsor. IMO Boyd made a hasty decision when trading for him in the first place.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
shello
@WShello9

Any indication who's starting tomorrow? Driving down to Ottawa to catch my first live one of the year.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
Any indication who's starting tomorrow? Driving down to Ottawa to catch my first live one of the year.
guess would be Martin as Teichmann played sunday.

i hear Windsor will be starting for ottawa as well, yikes

Old
11-13-2012, 08:44 AM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
guess would be Martin as Teichmann played sunday.

i hear Windsor will be starting for ottawa as well, yikes
That's what I was assuming but I've been wrong before.

Oh really? Interesting

Old
11-14-2012, 08:37 AM
superspitfan99

Nice win again from Missy last night. Offensively as a team they looked good, getting scoring from both the forwards and defense. Defensively for both the forwards and defense they looked a bit weak at times. The game doesn't get to 4 goals against without some kind of breakdown in your own zone.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Steel Toe

Another 2pts yesterday vs 67's, was an exciting game as I watched it online. They are now tied in first in conference with the Colts and tied for 2nd in the league just behind the Attack. With a .725 winning % tied in 2nd overall do they deserve to be mentioned in the CHL top 10 or at least Honourable mention . Owen Sound , Barrie , Niagara were in the top 10 and Oshawa in (HM). Based on this the Steelhead should be considered!

Old
11-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Toe View Post
Another 2pts yesterday vs 67's, was an exciting game as I watched it online. They are now tied in first in conference with the Colts and tied for 2nd in the league just behind the Attack. With a .725 winning % tied in 2nd overall do they deserve to be mentioned in the CHL top 10 or at least Honourable mention . Owen Sound , Barrie , Niagara were in the top 10 and Oshawa in (HM). Based on this the Steelhead should be considered!
Does it really matter? Lets just enjoy what's going on. Another big win!

Old
11-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Steel Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Obviously winning games and the team succeeding is what matters , but being recognized for what you've been acomplishing , especially when no one thought this team would even be in the top eight in there conference , so being ranked in the top 10 in the CHL would be impressive to say the least and nice to see . In the end if they are not ranked its not a big deal but "Yes" to continue to win games and playing well are more important.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:38 AM
NHL Fanatic

Nice win by the Steelheads last night. Martin didn't have his best game but was able to pull through to get the win. What a goal by Burnside, the top line keeps rolling. That's 56 points between the trio.

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 11-14-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old
11-14-2012, 10:38 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Its not about winning or losing. As long as all the players are having fun thats what matters

Old
11-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Nice win by the Steelheads last night. Martin didn't have his best game but was able to pull through to get the win. What a goal by Burnside, the top line keeps rolling. That's 56 points between the trio.
They are looking better every game. Great chemistry between those 3.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
bigdogsnipedaddy

Missy looked good in the first 2 periods I saw last night (only saw two). They are moving the puck in the offensive end very efficiently. Could be a great year for these guys!

Old
11-14-2012, 12:56 PM
shello
@WShello9

Wasn't Martin's best game but he was blind for two of those goals by his own player and when he moved someone else was there, no one couldve saved those, but good win regardless! Dominated the first. How come Bourne wasn't playing?

Old
11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Steel Toe

Im wondering why on the OHL network site they are no longer updating hi-light videos anymore of all the OHL games. The lastest videos hi-lights are from Nov 2 , 2012. They usually have hi-lights up they following day. I really liked watching clips of all the teams hi-light goals etc., I hope they can continue soon!

Old
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Steel Toe

CHL top 10

Steelheads Crack CHL Top 10!

Mississauga, ON – The Mississauga Steelheads have flown under the radar for the better part of the season, but their hard work as of late has paid off and earned them a spot in the BMO CHL Top 10 Rankings.

For the first time this season, the Steelheads have entered Canada’s top 10, coming in at number 9 after victories over Ottawa, Peterborough and Niagara this past week. The Steelheads have been dominant as of late, winning 8 of their last 10 games, and are currently riding a 3-game winning streak.

Mississauga will look to hold on to their spot in the rankings as they finish off their current road trip this week with games against Guelph(November 16th), Peterborough (November 17th) and Oshawa (November 18th).

Old
11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
mapleleaf979

If I were the Steelheads Id get out there in the community more. A fan night once a month? $10 dollar games. They will make it back in concessions. School Trips. There Maskot, the personality of this person is borderline weird. The lighting in the building doesnt seem right either. There uniforms are so bland. None of this helps them. I wonder if it would have been possible to have called them the Rebels? The Rebels logo to me is excellent and so is the name and colours. In minor midget they have the Jr guelph Storm, Junior fronts, Junior Spits, Junior Knights etc. It would have been perfect. Any player or parent associated with the Rebels from minor atom to minor midget at some point in there life might just have an attachment or could relate with that name and logo as would the true hockey fans who would show up anyway.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 11-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Toe View Post
Im wondering why on the OHL network site they are no longer updating hi-light videos anymore of all the OHL games. The lastest videos hi-lights are from Nov 2 , 2012. They usually have hi-lights up they following day. I really liked watching clips of all the teams hi-light goals etc., I hope they can continue soon!
I've noticed that too, wonder why

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
If I were the Steelheads Id get out there in the community more. A fan night once a month? $10 dollar games. They will make it back in concessions. School Trips. There Maskot, the personality of this person is borderline weird. The lighting in the building doesnt seem right either. There uniforms are so bland. None of this helps them. I wonder if it would have been possible to have called them the Rebels? The Rebels logo to me is excellent and so is the name and colours. In minor midget they have the Jr guelph Storm, Junior fronts, Junior Spits, Junior Knights etc. It would have been perfect. Any player or parent associated with the Rebels from minor atom to minor midget at some point in there life might just have an attachment or could relate with that name and logo as would the true hockey fans who would show up anyway.
Actually love their new jerseys
Agree with the Rebels jr minor midget idea though. Even if I like the name Steelheads.

Last edited by shello: 11-14-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Steel Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I too like the new name and leaf style uniform, and lighting and mascot is fine as well. I like the discounted ticket idea to try to draw more fans but just a heads up the team gets no kick back from the consessions. They were trying to get that deal in place but no chance, I think it's stupid that the team get no % of sales, they make money only on sales of there merchandise . So buy Steelheads merchandise cause that goes all to club and buy less hotdogs and beer. Also Rebels idea I get but again won't make any difference either, look at the Battalions and there minor hockey and how did that workout? Those other markets u mentioned draw better regardless .

Old
11-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Torts

nice to see them in the top 10. team is playing very well right now

as for the jerseys i love them. as for the mascot i think they could have hired a guy who was a little bigger and taller. im taller then the mascot haha

Old
11-17-2012, 06:52 AM
superspitfan99

Last night's game was a disaster from the get go! Not to take anything away from Guelph who played very well, Mississauga had a terrible game.

Was nice to see Foy score on an assist from Diodati and DeMelo from Percy and Smosk - both nice goals, but it'll take more than that to beat a team like Guelph who are very aggressive.

Tonight's a new night!

Old
11-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
nice to see them in the top 10. team is playing very well right now

as for the jerseys i love them. as for the mascot i think they could have hired a guy who was a little bigger and taller. im taller then the mascot haha

My only comment on the mascot is while I know his(her?) tail is part of costume it does look like someone actually shoved a fish up their butt. That was a general comment made at the game we were at.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:49 PM
NHL Fanatic

Just when you start to count this team out they surprise you. Third game in third night, down one going into the third and they pull out the win. Teichmann with a weak start but bounced back to win his 4th in a row. Demelo and Burnside with 2 goals each, Burnside with the game winner.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Steel Toe

Good job boys! I missed the game tonight , was looking at the score updates online off and on . Glad to see them pull it off, like u said 3rd game in 3 nights on the road down a goal in the 3rd period is not an easy task!

Old
11-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Luvtowatch

The tenacity of the team was so impressive last night. What a job Boyd is doing getting these kids to go through walls for him.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:29 AM
superspitfan99

Quote:
The tenacity of the team was so impressive last night. What a job Boyd is doing getting these kids to go through walls for him.
Agreed, there is a definate drive to win happening with this team! I am not a fan of Boyd and believe that these guys are making him look good as a coach - winning in spite of him and not for him!

Closed Thread