Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 08:44 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Or in the building. We couldn't tell what happened but it was all kinds of ugly. You hate to see any kid in pain like that, regardless of the jersey he's wearing. Here's hoping it's not as bad as it looked.
Lost some teeth(some more that is) and took some stitches. Should be good to go with a full shield.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Lost some teeth(some more that is) and took some stitches. Should be good to go with a full shield.
He'll also will undergo (or should) some testing for a concussion.
From all reports I read a direct blow to the jaw/mouth area is the prime area for causing a concussion.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:00 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Thanks, good to hear it wasn't something more serious.

Now I'm done saying something nice about the evil twins...

Old
11-19-2012, 11:44 AM
aresknights

Now that was a good weekend. Beating OS and ending the Ktown run at the "Aud"

Knights showed they may have a lil more depth (esp at F) at this time than their 2 division rivals. Well see, moving forward what moves these 3 make

Liberati is just gaining confidence every game.

The way the 4th line (all rooks) played last night reminded me of last years 4th line. They often pinned the Rnagers down in their zone, worked the cycle well, created TOs and ate up minutes.
Domi continues to play determined hockey, I like Broadhursts hockey IQ, and Bo n Josh are playing well together.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Now that was a good weekend. Beating OS and ending the Ktown run at the "Aud"

Knights showed they may have a lil more depth (esp at F) at this time than their 2 division rivals. Well see, moving forward what moves these 3 make

Liberati is just gaining confidence every game.

The way the 4th line (all rooks) played last night reminded me of last years 4th line. They often pinned the Rnagers down in their zone, worked the cycle well, created TOs and ate up minutes.
Domi continues to play determined hockey, I like Broadhursts hockey IQ, and Bo n Josh are playing well together.
This is part of the reason it could be tough to make a trade. The "rook" line has been our best line some games, and when they aren't, they sure make the other team work hard with their effective cycling.
Spot on with Domi....determined indeed. It's like something snapped! Great to see.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:59 PM
KnightSpit

Nights Should Stand Pat ?

Thank London looks good, as always this organization and Kitchener are the envy of the leauge, sell outs and a good front office and hockey staff make a world of difference.

Does anyone differ in an opionion, no need to make any trades ?

Old
11-19-2012, 06:47 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

It was the correct call.
I believe this would say it was the incorrect call. What you're saying to me is that I can shove a player into my goaltender anytime the puck is near and if he should inhibit my goaltender from making the save, then the goal would be disallowed. Which clearly isn't the case.

The player tried to stop on the way to the net, the defending player did not allow him to. He made a reasonable effort to avoid the contact in trying to stop. Good goal.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
aresknights

He really didn't make an effort to aviod the goalie is what the ref saw. Thus his call. And I agree.
The player didn't jump to either side or really jam on the breaks. Just kinda went with it ( as I'd a prolly done)

Last edited by aresknights: 11-20-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old
11-20-2012, 07:24 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
I believe this would say it was the incorrect call. What you're saying to me is that I can shove a player into my goaltender anytime the puck is near and if he should inhibit my goaltender from making the save, then the goal would be disallowed. Which clearly isn't the case.

The player tried to stop on the way to the net, the defending player did not allow him to. He made a reasonable effort to avoid the contact in trying to stop. Good goal.
Coaches from all levels are rejoicing the fact that you don't wear stripes(if you do...stay away from any of my team's games..or bring a body guard you'll need it)
key point: Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal;

It is a discretionary call. The ref in my opinion got it right.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 11-20-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old
11-20-2012, 11:16 AM
tjziel

London Knights are interested in Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci

Could you imagine Monahan setting up Seth Griffith? I think it would be worth it!! With the Ottawa 67's struggling in the East, they will be looking to the future and build up a team. Sean Monahan has a 50/50 he will be sent back to junior next year, and the same can be said for Cody Ceci. With the Knights supposely making a serious bid for the 2014 Memorial Cup. GM's of the two players, might just want to send them back next year, to improve their development and add to their pedigree of winning, which will improve their confidence as they reach the NHL level.
As for a trade I think here is a fair price tag, how about Chris Tierney, Remi Elie, Miles Liberti, 2 second round picks and a conditional 3 round pick for Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci. It would remind me when we got John Tavares and Michael Del Zotto, but we could have then for one more year. Then here is what our lines would look like:

J. Anderson S. Monahan S. Griffith
B. Horvat A. Broadhurst Max Domi
M. Rupert R. Rupert A. Restoule
C. Pawley B. Welychka K. Plazter

S. Harrington C. Ceci
N. Zaradov O. Maatta
K. Raine T. Ferry

Old
11-20-2012, 02:40 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
Could you imagine Monahan setting up Seth Griffith? I think it would be worth it!! With the Ottawa 67's struggling in the East, they will be looking to the future and build up a team. Sean Monahan has a 50/50 he will be sent back to junior next year, and the same can be said for Cody Ceci. With the Knights supposely making a serious bid for the 2014 Memorial Cup. GM's of the two players, might just want to send them back next year, to improve their development and add to their pedigree of winning, which will improve their confidence as they reach the NHL level.
As for a trade I think here is a fair price tag, how about Chris Tierney, Remi Elie, Miles Liberti, 2 second round picks and a conditional 3 round pick for Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci. It would remind me when we got John Tavares and Michael Del Zotto, but we could have then for one more year. Then here is what our lines would look like:

J. Anderson S. Monahan S. Griffith
B. Horvat A. Broadhurst Max Domi
M. Rupert R. Rupert A. Restoule
C. Pawley B. Welychka K. Plazter

S. Harrington C. Ceci
N. Zaradov O. Maatta
K. Raine T. Ferry
Could make sense except for the fact that I highly doubt Liberati will be included in any deal. Hunters really have a liking for his style of play and will somehow work something else out.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:53 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Coaches from all levels are rejoicing the fact that you don't wear stripes(if you do...stay away from any of my team's games..or bring a body guard you'll need it)
key point: Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal;

It is a discretionary call. The ref in my opinion got it right.
I don't referee, but I don't think that's fair to say. I'm a goalie. I've played the position at various levels for 17 years and I disagree with that assessment. While the player did make contact with the goalie, I don't believe it was his fault. If your own teammate leads the opponent into you, the goal has always stood wherever I've played even though they may be inhibiting me from moving freely and defending my goal. That is what I saw. If the attacking player freely went into Patterson (which I don't believe happened) then I would agree with you.

As you said it is a discretionary call, and if it was up to my discretion I would have allowed it. I don't think that discredits my abilities to see what the call was and what I believe it should have been. Sitting in the arena as it happened, I believed it to be the wrong call, and the Knights to get a bit of a lucky break.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:10 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
I don't referee, but I don't think that's fair to say. I'm a goalie. I've played the position at various levels for 17 years and I disagree with that assessment. While the player did make contact with the goalie, I don't believe it was his fault. If your own teammate leads the opponent into you, the goal has always stood wherever I've played even though they may be inhibiting me from moving freely and defending my goal. That is what I saw. If the attacking player freely went into Patterson (which I don't believe happened) then I would agree with you.

As you said it is a discretionary call, and if it was up to my discretion I would have allowed it. I don't think that discredits my abilities to see what the call was and what I believe it should have been. Sitting in the arena as it happened, I believed it to be the wrong call, and the Knights to get a bit of a lucky break.
Ex-goalie here...goalie coach and Minor Hockey Coach (D1 certified). I gotta know the rule book inside and out..that's my only recourse as a coach..which is why I am so adamant when I say it was the correct call. I wouldn't want a team at any level to lose a game on a blown call like allowing that goal to stand would have been. That would be a travesty...if it was cut and dry..Owen Sound's coach would have went ballistic..he didn't..thus I feel he also agreed with the on ice call.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:16 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
As for a trade I think here is a fair price tag, how about Chris Tierney, Remi Elie, Miles Liberti, 2 second round picks and a conditional 3 round pick for Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci.
Any trade with Ottawa would have to include Jacob Jammes or you're not even getting 1 of them. Monahan being undrafted will likely be back for sure..Ceci not so much. I'd go Jammes and 2 seconds for Monahan. They can keep Ceci.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:36 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Any trade with Ottawa would have to include Jacob Jammes or you're not even getting 1 of them. Monahan being undrafted will likely be back for sure..Ceci not so much. I'd go Jammes and 2 seconds for Monahan. They can keep Ceci.
PP31

I hope that Chris Bryne is not Dave Reid otherwise he would take that offer
Not enough in my view,especially for a player who will probably return,I would ask for Platzer as well if I were Ottawa,otherwise u better throw what the Hounds did for Campbell to Ottawa
No more freebies to the Knights
Time to pay for talent
My deal of acceptance would be
Jammes,Platzer,2 2nds,1 cond 3rd and 4th,the conditionals would be if Monahan returns to the O next yr

Old
11-20-2012, 08:11 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
PP31

I hope that Chris Bryne is not Dave Reid otherwise he would take that offer
Not enough in my view,especially for a player who will probably return,I would ask for Platzer as well if I were Ottawa,otherwise u better throw what the Hounds did for Campbell to Ottawa
No more freebies to the Knights
Time to pay for talent
My deal of acceptance would be
Jammes,Platzer,2 2nds,1 cond 3rd and 4th,the conditionals would be if Monahan returns to the O next yr
If another player has to join the fray I would throw in Platzer...I'd only throw in one conditional though. Jammes,Elie and a 2nd with a conditional should land Monahan as well. Jammes is an Ottawa native..so is Elie...they could be more interested in kids from home.

That being said....I'd take Graovac over both Ceci and Monahan.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:29 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
If another player has to join the fray I would throw in Platzer...I'd only throw in one conditional though. Jammes,Elie and a 2nd with a conditional should land Monahan as well. Jammes is an Ottawa native..so is Elie...they could be more interested in kids from home.

That being said....I'd take Graovac over both Ceci and Monahan.
Good call PP31

Now if only you and I were the Gms,You win 1 year,I win the next,nice to share championships
I like your reasoning re respective deals

Old
11-20-2012, 08:56 PM
aresknights

HL I'm confused.
So Jammes and 2 2nds and u say now way but PP suggests Jammes -'Elie- 1 2nd with a cond. pick and that's ok . You wanted Platzer, Jammes, 2 2nds and 2 cond. picks the post before his .

Old
11-20-2012, 09:02 PM
aresknights

Why not lol. It gives all the haters something to chat about.
Don't be surprised if Mark pulls out another "steal" this year. He's dealing from a point of having a lot of options and flexibility this year.
He's also proven IMO to be the best at the trade game I've the last 3-4 years. The returns be got for varone, Elrich, desousa, hatcher, mc Neil etal were very good and he knows how to buy cheap😃
He was patient last year and Watson fell to him after other suitors couldn't figure it out. May just happen again

Old
11-20-2012, 09:09 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
HL I'm confused.
So Jammes and 2 2nds and u say now way but PP suggests Jammes -'Elie- 1 2nd with a cond. pick and that's ok . You wanted Platzer, Jammes, 2 2nds and 2 cond. picks the post before his .
Aresknights

I really like Elie,so does NHL Central Scouting,Jammes too,so taking 1 less 2nd rder is good enough for me
Getting 2-17 year old forwards with high end potential a 2nd rder,this years by the way in a deep draft of 97s,plus a conditional for a guy who mite play the rest of the season and be done is worth it
Making this deal makes sense to me

Old
11-20-2012, 09:36 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Aresknights

I really like Elie,so does NHL Central Scouting,Jammes too,so taking 1 less 2nd rder is good enough for me
Getting 2-17 year old forwards with high end potential a 2nd rder,this years by the way in a deep draft of 97s,plus a conditional for a guy who mite play the rest of the season and be done is worth it
Making this deal makes sense to me
Weird, I've heard the complete opposite.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:39 PM
aresknights

Ive been high on Elie as well all year and felt he was their best most O ready rookie F ( by a good margin) easy fill in for Fox if be hangs around. But I always say you gotta pay to play.

I was just razzing ya bout the trade as u went from wanting 2 good 17s, 2 2nds and 2 cond. to 2 good 17s, 1 2nd and 1 cond.
U like Elie that much?
Ur buddy jumped all over very similar deals in the trade forum lol

Not sure if these guys even avail or if Mark will pay the price but I do trust hell get good value

Hope all is going well. Thanks for helping keep that Spits page busy

Old
11-20-2012, 10:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Ive been high on Elie as well all year and felt he was their best most O ready rookie F ( by a good margin) easy fill in for Fox if be hangs around. But I always say you gotta pay to play.

I was just razzing ya bout the trade as u went from wanting 2 good 17s, 2 2nds and 2 cond. to 2 good 17s, 1 2nd and 1 cond.
U like Elie that much?
Ur buddy jumped all over very similar deals in the trade forum lol

Not sure if these guys even avail or if Mark will pay the price but I do trust hell get good value

Hope all is going well. Thanks for helping keep that Spits page busy
Thanx for the kind words,and yes I like Elie alot,wish he were a spit
In fact when the Knights were here last he was one of the better knights that evening
His size,improved skating,snarl and an impressive skill makes me think that Hunter would be really reluctant to deal him,though a guy like Monahan would be hard to pass on
The Knights with him in the lineup would be ultra dangerous
much to my chagrin

Old
11-20-2012, 10:31 PM
NHL Fanatic

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think London will get either Sean Monahan or Cody Ceci, the only way is if they give up a ton. They definitely have their cupboards stocked but will it be worth it is the question. Horvat, Domi and Zadorov are pretty much untouchables. These are Ottawa's star players one prospect and 4 picks won't be sufficient.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:54 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Ex-goalie here...goalie coach and Minor Hockey Coach (D1 certified). I gotta know the rule book inside and out..that's my only recourse as a coach..which is why I am so adamant when I say it was the correct call. I wouldn't want a team at any level to lose a game on a blown call like allowing that goal to stand would have been. That would be a travesty...if it was cut and dry..Owen Sound's coach would have went ballistic..he didn't..thus I feel he also agreed with the on ice call.
I'm all the same, save the minor hockey coach. That will come in due time. If I felt the attacker had run into the goalie on his own, again, I would agree with you, but I didn't see it that way.

If an attacker is pushed or lead into the opposing goalie by a defender, there's no way that goal can be called back. It wouldn't be fair to the attacker. That is what I saw from where I was seated. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

If the player skated into the goalie on his own accord, I would agree, no goal. I did not see it that way.

Closed Thread