HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nathan Horton next contact

Old
11-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Assuming the salary cap goes down is Boston still able to afford him when you factor in who they already have under contract.
If Horton doesnt ask for an astronomical amount than yes. Thomas will be gone, Savard LTIR, and the only big people we'd need to re sign are Tuuka, Ference and Horton.

Admittedly tho, I'm not well versed in the new potential CBA cap structure so keep that in mind.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
If Horton doesnt ask for an astronomical amount than yes. Thomas will be gone, Savard LTIR, and the only big people we'd need to re sign are Tuuka, Ference and Horton.

Admittedly tho, I'm not well versed in the new potential CBA cap structure so keep that in mind.
Holy 'rant' batman

Judging solely by what we read & see in the media, Horton loves Boston, & if Boston loves Horton back (& his concussion issues behind him), #18 will remain a Bruin.

Question: How many UFA's in the Chiarelli-era Bruins have left via free agency? Please name them.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 12:55 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Quote:

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't David Krechi set to become a UFA or maybe in the future because some people say he is more important to re-sign and won't he want a raise?

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Holy 'rant' batman

Judging solely by what we read & see in the media, Horton loves Boston, & if Boston loves Horton back (& his concussion issues behind him), #18 will remain a Bruin.

Question: How many UFA's in the Chiarelli-era Bruins have left via free agency? Please name them.
Haha sorry, theres just NOTHING to base Horton "chasing the money" off of but "other people doing it." Obviously people shouldnt take what Horton says in the media as gospel, and I'm well aware of the greed some people possess, but a monkey could comprehend that Horton loves it here and would like to stay. If Horton gets a fair contract by his estimation, I'd be simply astounded if he left.

And off the top of my head I can count Ryder......(still thinking)

Old
11-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong but isn't David Krechi set to become a UFA or maybe in the future because some people say he is more important to re-sign and won't he want a raise?
No, Krejci recently resigned, last season perhaps?

Horton: UFA 2013
Rask: RFA 2013

*Everybody else signed to lengthy deals

Old
11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Krejci just re signed to a 5.25 year extension for three more years. I expect Horton to get something in that ballpark.

Krejci has been a hot topic as of late because of the emergence of Seguin and his eventual move into the middle, which would make Krejci somewhat "expendable." I'd expect hed be the first one to be moved out of the core (thats just me tho).

Old
11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
No, Krejci recently resigned, last season perhaps?

Horton: UFA 2013
Rask: RFA 2013

*Everybody else signed to lengthy deals
Ference: UFA 2013 as well...

Ference could be interesting, I remember being not so happy when he signed his last deal, so I'm not sure what to expect. Its not like we have many replacements in the pipeline after Dougie.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Krejci just re signed to a 5.25 year extension for three more years. I expect Horton to get something in that ballpark.

Krejci has been a hot topic as of late because of the emergence of Seguin and his eventual move into the middle, which would make Krejci somewhat "expendable." I'd expect hed be the first one to be moved out of the core (thats just me tho).
Ah ok I was confused. I remember hearing all that talk about Krejci leaving Boston and I forgot he just re-signed there and once you said that I remember there was rumours of him being traded.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Assuming the salary cap goes down is Boston still able to afford him when you factor in who they already have under contract.
Salaries will reflect on the cap going down for all new free agents. Aside from that the 5 million owed to Thomas will also be off the books. There are ways to make it work for sure. Admittedly, it could be tight though

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Ference: UFA 2013 as well...

Ference could be interesting, I remember being not so happy when he signed his last deal, so I'm not sure what to expect. Its not like we have many replacements in the pipeline after Dougie.
Ference could be tricky. I'm not sure where I value him.

Most B's fans love him because he's physical & always willing to defend a teammate. But that aside, judging him strictly by his 'hockey play', is he more than a small, physical, 3rd pairing, "chip the puck out" defenseman? McQuaid provides enough pulgist ability to cover for the loss of Ference. Does Boston have another dman who could step in & play effective 3rd pairing hockey for less bank? Idk

Old
11-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Ference could be tricky. I'm not sure where I value him.

Most B's fans love him because he's physical & always willing to defend a teammate. But that aside, judging him strictly by his 'hockey play', is he more than a small, physical, 3rd pairing, "chip the puck out" defenseman? McQuaid provides enough pulgist ability to cover for the loss of Ference. Does Boston have another dman who could step in & play effective 3rd pairing hockey for less bank? Idk
I think Ference in the bottom pairing is a luxury but Ference in the top four is pushing it. With that said, will Ference want more than bottom pairing money? If so, you have to let him walk right?

Then again, he couldnt want more money than Boychuk right? Wouldnt be surprised with a short term deal around 2.75-3 per. I might be inclined to do that, especially since, like you said, we dont really have many more options (at this point).

Old
11-19-2012, 01:30 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

i'd take him to krejci and horton are my 2 favorite bruins followed by lucic

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
I think Ference in the bottom pairing is a luxury but Ference in the top four is pushing it. With that said, will Ference want more than bottom pairing money? If so, you have to let him walk right?

Then again, he couldnt want more money than Boychuk right? Wouldnt be surprised with a short term deal around 2.75-3 per. I might be inclined to do that, especially since, like you said, we dont really have many more options (at this point).
Alexandrov
Bartowski
Cohen
Button
Cross

I hope Providence starts churning out some talent soon, the well is dry both offensively & defensively. Knight, Spooner, Koko, & ........?

Old
11-19-2012, 10:12 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

Quote:
Haha sorry, theres just NOTHING to base Horton "chasing the money" off of but "other people doing it." Obviously people shouldnt take what Horton says in the media as gospel, and I'm well aware of the greed some people possess, but a monkey could comprehend that Horton loves it here and would like to stay. If Horton gets a fair contract by his estimation, I'd be simply astounded if he left.

And off the top of my head I can count Ryder......(still thinking)
And Ryder left because the Bruins didn't give him the 2nd year....

I think Horton will stay. The fan reaction to his playoff performance and post concussion when he was part of the pregame ceremony, plus winning the Cup; it all adds up to him not possibly wanting to leave unless the Bruins tell him to move on.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:30 AM
pld459666

More than a one year deal and I would hope the Rangers stay away.

The concussion issues 2 years in a row concern me.

Good for him that he will have about a year off since he got knocked last season, but my preference is to stay away from multi year deals for those players.

Good player though, should be in the 5+ range.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote