HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Discussion Signup Thread PT 5: SEE POST #189

Old
11-19-2012, 01:49 PM
matt1396

vCash: 500
wow I won only one game during the double advance.... anyways im getting on soon.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
When you get into the slot off the rush and generate a clean look (which is actually harder than people make it out to be against a strong defense), where do you suggest shooting instead? Low along the pads? Perhaps in the crest?
Bingo. When I got a good shot versus Florida I took one millisecond to thank the hockey gods and one to fire it high glove and into the net.

Also, Fuss, the 11th place team in the crummy east would be in the playoffs in the west

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
slightlystewpid420

seriously nashville? 4 wrist shot goals from the slot all in the exact same spot, switch up your game dude. Thats just ridiculous.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
versus me? Right in the goalies crest would be great. thanks bud!
Only if you are willing to reciprocate. Luongo wants no part in trying to stop a Hossa labeled snipe!

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
Bingo. When I got a good shot versus Florida I took one millisecond to thank the hockey gods and one to fire it high glove and into the net.

Also, Fuss, the 11th place team in the crummy east would be in the playoffs in the west
easier wins in the east...seeing you guys have the teams drafting 1, 2 and 3

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Larry Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
seriously nashville? 4 wrist shot goals from the slot all in the exact same spot, switch up your game dude. Thats just ridiculous.
I did not mean to score like that and am sorry because I realized after I scored a lot like that, but also they were not the pull back wrist shot from the circle that I consider a glitch at least. 3 of my "wrist shot" goals were on 2-1 where you took away the pass I was pretty much forced into it

Larry Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
You should probably stop letting him take uncontested shots from the slot.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:06 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post

Old
11-19-2012, 02:11 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
I did not mean to score like that and am sorry because I realized after I scored a lot like that, but also they were not the pull back wrist shot from the circle that I consider a glitch at least. 3 of my "wrist shot" goals were on 2-1 where you took away the pass I was pretty much forced into it
Lol it's funny because in hockey the d-mans job on a 2 on 1 is ALWAYS take away the pass. But in NHL13 with the lighting fast cross crease goalie reaction time it seems like taking away the shot is the best play.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Larry Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Lol it's funny because in hockey the d-mans job on a 2 on 1 is ALWAYS take away the pass. But in NHL13 with the lighting fast cross crease goalie reaction time it seems like taking away the shot is the best play.
I know. On a 2-on-1 what am I to do if he takes away the pass? I either shoot or deke...

Old
11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
West still talking trash after getting manhandled in the all star game i see.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
This has happened to me a bunch of times, very annoying.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:23 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
West still talking trash after getting manhandled in the all star game i see.
avalanche members were noticeably absent for the west

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
dunner

Quote:

Seriously guys this does not = glitch. This = bad defense that gets penalized by goals. No NHL team lets a player walk into the slot regularly and gets away with it in real life and it should be the same in this game. If you give up the slot be prepared to give up a goal it's even more likely to be a goal if you give up the slot to guys like Ovechkin and Crosby etc.. I hate this complaint, I score like this and get scored on like this and it doesn't bother me. Almost every time it happens it is a defensive lapse and deserves to be a goal or a quality chance. If we keep complaining about all types of goals soon their will be no legitimate goals in the game.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
so were Detroit and St. Louis

and Stockey didn't i get a shutout vs you last night, without Weber and Rosival and basically no defensemen ?

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:33 PM
slightlystewpid420

@larry
sorry man i didnt mean to sound like i was being a dick, it was a pretty good game and then you scored three goals almost all the same and it just pissed me off. I was so close to rage quitting though at the end when you scored like 2 more goals the same way.

And its not that i cant play D its i have no other option. My dmen start chasing and it leaves one guy in the high slot to guard 2 or 3 players. So what do i do? pinch on the guy coming out of the corner or down the boards to try to stop him or do I let my goalie take the shot and i stay back and defend. Its not like a have any studs on defense by any means.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
yeah but your replacement had 7 goals and 2 assists in 3 games

Old
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

The CPU D-men run around like decapitated chickens. At least the ones on my team.

Old
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
Seriously guys this does not = glitch. This = bad defense that gets penalized by goals. No NHL team lets a player walk into the slot regularly and gets away with it in real life and it should be the same in this game. If you give up the slot be prepared to give up a goal it's even more likely to be a goal if you give up the slot to guys like Ovechkin and Crosby etc.. I hate this complaint, I score like this and get scored on like this and it doesn't bother me. Almost every time it happens it is a defensive lapse and deserves to be a goal or a quality chance. If we keep complaining about all types of goals soon their will be no legitimate goals in the game.
I personally don't have much of a problem with the people trying for that goal, it's more of a frustration with EA that the goalie lets in that shot like 75% of the time. But if this year's "glitch" goals are a wrist shot from the slot and a backhand forehand deke, then that's much better than last year's goal line curl wrist shot.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Larry Hoover

Quote:
@larry
sorry man i didnt mean to sound like i was being a dick, it was a pretty good game and then you scored three goals almost all the same and it just pissed me off. I was so close to rage quitting though at the end when you scored like 2 more goals the same way.

And its not that i cant play D its i have no other option. My dmen start chasing and it leaves one guy in the high slot to guard 2 or 3 players. So what do i do? pinch on the guy coming out of the corner or down the boards to try to stop him or do I let my goalie take the shot and i stay back and defend. Its not like a have any studs on defense by any means.
I encountered the same problem...try changing your strategies

Old
11-19-2012, 02:40 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
I encountered the same problem...try changing your strategies
I did! my team is supposed to be collapsing defensively...I dont know why i keep getting mad this season knowing it should be another season or so before my team should have any real expectations. Its just maddening when you get right back in it, and have a chance to overtake some people after being last all year, and then i go and lose multiple games back to back. /end rant.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
I did! my team is supposed to be collapsing defensively...I dont know why i keep getting mad this season knowing it should be another season or so before my team should have any real expectations. Its just maddening when you get right back in it, and have a chance to overtake some people after being last all year, and then i go and lose multiple games back to back. /end rant.
Sometimes the bounces just don't go your way. I can't tell you how many times I thought everybody on my team was in perfect position, and I saw a breakaway go the other way . I've been playing this series since 07 and haven't had a problem with D as much as I have this year.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:44 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
@larry

This is where it's important to have a C with good defensive awareness that can help out.

But at the end of the day good offense beats good defense in NHL 13. If you have both it's just about being on attack more than the other guy.

Old
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Collapsing is definitely not the strat you want, that's just going to leave the slot unguarded

Old
avsfan89

Quote:
take away the shot instead, the pass/cross crease is almost useless and by the time the opponent realizes the pass is open the player will either fan or not haven enough time to adjust to get a good shot off i always take the shooter now

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote