HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Thoughts on Leo Komarov?

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 09:18 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
It's nice to see someone actually battle in-front of the net from our forwards. I bet if you looked back at all the Marlies goals this year there are a few where he's firmly planted in-front of the net causing chaos. I think it was the last Hamilton game where Desjardins was going out of his way to hit Komarov out of his crease on the PP lol.

That, compiled with the other traits in his game should allow him some stint in the NHL. He could be a nice depth option due to his style. Would hate to see him go (and I understand why he would leave), but would love to see him back at some point.

11-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Antropovsky

Kulemin, grabo, komarov.... Not your prototypical euros, all heart.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:56 AM
dfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
It's nice to see someone actually battle in-front of the net from our forwards. I bet if you looked back at all the Marlies goals this year there are a few where he's firmly planted in-front of the net causing chaos. I think it was the last Hamilton game where Desjardins was going out of his way to hit Komarov out of his crease on the PP lol.

That, compiled with the other traits in his game should allow him some stint in the NHL. He could be a nice depth option due to his style. Would hate to see him go (and I understand why he would leave), but would love to see him back at some point.
It does suck to see him go, but like many have said, his goal is to play in the NHL. It makes sense for him to head back to Russia and make more dough. Plus, the KHL is even better quality this year with all the NHLers over there, so its not like he'll lose a step.

To me, watching a handful of Marlies games, it looks like the north american game isn't going to be a huge adjustment for him either. He's fast, skilled and tenacious. I wouldn't be surprised if/when the lockout ends he comes back over ASAP and has a few more games with the Marlies before he's called up. In one of Seigel's interviews with him he's said his dream is still to play in the NHL. I don't see that changing.

Him going back to Russia in my opinion has nothing to do with him not being able to cut it or hating the North American way of life, it just makes sense financially for him and shouldn't hinder his game at all, i have no worries of him coming back

Old
11-19-2012, 02:42 PM
zombiefood

I really like what I have seen from Komarov and I am optimistic as to his ability to be an effective NHLer. I suppose my best case scenario would be a Brad Marchand calibre player. Is this too lofty?

Old
11-19-2012, 02:44 PM
SteveV*

Best plus minus for forwards on team, tied with Ranger.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post

When I see him infront of the net I always seem to think of Thomas Holmstrom. Would be nice if he gets to the big leagues and Carlye was to use him like that.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
When I see him infront of the net I always seem to think of Thomas Holmstrom. Would be nice if he gets to the big leagues and Carlye was to use him like that.
I'm sure see he's seen it, maybe even provided the idea.

Translation to the NHL is always the question.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:06 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiefood View Post
I really like what I have seen from Komarov and I am optimistic as to his ability to be an effective NHLer. I suppose my best case scenario would be a Brad Marchand calibre player. Is this too lofty?
I don't think his point totals would translate to NHL level. He has better hands than Brown, but not near Marchand. 8-10 goals 15-20 assists on the fourth line would be great.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Cool Beans Man

Back to Russia:

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home

Old
11-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Lets use the latest Komarov thread to continue talks