HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

vCash: 500
A couple potential NHL Video Game Sim League Trades I want some feedback on.

To Van:
Stewart

To STL:
Ballard
Rodin
'13 3rd

To PHX
Oshie
Rattie
'13 1st

To STL
Yandle

Thoughts?

Old
08-17-2012, 05:19 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Bit too much for yandle, imo.

Dont know about the other

Old
08-18-2012, 02:05 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Made one more move, and now I think my Blues roster is set for the upcoming season. Deal was as follows:

To
Brent Burns

To
TJ Oshie
Ty Rattie.

My roster is as follows

McDonald-Backes-Stewart
Perron-Filppula-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Berglund-D'Agostini
Langenbrunner-Sobotka-Reeves

Burns-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Cole-Polak

Halak
Elliott

What do you think of that deal? And the lines? What lines would you have? Thanks for any feedback (again, this is an NHL video game sim).

Old
08-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
A couple potential NHL Video Game Sim League Trades I want some feedback on.

To Van:
Stewart

To STL:
Ballard
Rodin
'13 3rd

To PHX
Oshie
Rattie
'13 1st

To STL
Yandle

Thoughts?
Hate the first one, I would probably do the second one.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:53 PM
DiXEN8

Stewart

Will he bounce back this year? Who will he play with? Will he get PP time and top line minutes?

Old
08-21-2012, 06:57 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

In the league described above (NHL Video Game Keeper League)

Would Blues fans move Ian Cole for Kimmo Timonen straight up? Would you go for it this year at the expense of losing a player like Cole?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:29 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

If I thought that Timonen would: 1) continue playing hockey for a few more years at a reasonable level, 2) be willing to re-sign with the Blues, and 3) be willing to re-sign at a rate that fit into the Blues salary structure...I would probably do it. Without those assurances, probably not.

The Blues are set up to be legitimate contenders for years. There's no need to move off potential long-term (and cheap) contributors for one-year stopgaps only to revisit the same problems next year with even fewer assets and options around to help fill the gaps. I have no problem with moving Cole for a LHD legitimately capable of playing the first pairing, but that guy should ideally be under contract (or under team control) for at least 3 years at a semi-reasonable cost. I would rather add significantly to Cole to get that guy than ship off Cole straight up for only one year of whoever.

Old
08-21-2012, 08:07 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
If I thought that Timonen would: 1) continue playing hockey for a few more years at a reasonable level, 2) be willing to re-sign with the Blues, and 3) be willing to re-sign at a rate that fit into the Blues salary structure...I would probably do it. Without those assurances, probably not.

The Blues are set up to be legitimate contenders for years. There's no need to move off potential long-term (and cheap) contributors for one-year stopgaps only to revisit the same problems next year with even fewer assets and options around to help fill the gaps. I have no problem with moving Cole for a LHD legitimately capable of playing the first pairing, but that guy should ideally be under contract (or under team control) for at least 3 years at a semi-reasonable cost. I would rather add significantly to Cole to get that guy than ship off Cole straight up for only one year of whoever.
Thanks for getting back to me! The guy backed out anyways. I agree with what you're saying, was just looking for some opinions from a Blues fan.

Old
08-24-2012, 06:35 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Trade proposals are fun to kick around i've noticed but with a lockout looming it's irellevant don't ya think?

Old
08-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Novacain

Revisiting an old trade with time having passed...

Jaden Schwartz for Brandon Gormley. In theory, the Yotes would be more likely to take it then they were 4 months ago. Has our stance changed?

Old
08-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post

Jaden Schwartz for Brandon Gormley. In theory, the Yotes would be more likely to take it then they were 4 months ago. Has our stance changed?
My stance hasn't changed. Would have done it then and would do it now.

Old
08-24-2012, 12:06 PM
ExJbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post

I would make that trade for sure, but i dont know what we would do with Cole really. Obviously he would be a great #7 but I believe he deserve his shot in the Top 6. If we got Gormley i would want him to play as well. It would be another good problem to have though.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Prongo
Beer

I really like you Blues fans. You guys handle yourself with some class. That proposal on the main boards for Piety is horrible, but you guys aren't attacking them like every other fan base would around here. Good job guys.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I really like you Blues fans. You guys handle yourself with some class. That proposal on the main boards for Piety is horrible, but you guys aren't attacking them like every other fan base would around here. Good job guys.
Thanks. As Posters here we try to hold eachother accountable. Don't want to get the bad reputation - and it really only takes one poster to damage the groups.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:27 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

You can thank us with Giroux lol. I'm hoping we get a 7 game series with you guys or the Rangers in the near future, I think those would be some great games.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:56 PM
nicholas89alex

vCash: 333
This is my very first post but Im a huge blues fan and plan to be posting a lot

Pit gets
Rattie
stewart

Stl gets
Orpik

Gets us our partner for petro, opens up space on pits blue line for their gross amount of prospects. Orpik has a 3.75 cap hit for the next 2 years and is a 15 point player but very physical and always has a positive +/-

Old
11-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas89alex View Post
This is my very first post but Im a huge blues fan and plan to be posting a lot

Pit gets
Rattie
stewart

Stl gets
Orpik

Gets us our partner for petro, opens up space on pits blue line for their gross amount of prospects. Orpik has a 3.75 cap hit for the next 2 years and is a 15 point player but very physical and always has a positive +/-
Significantly more than I'd be willing to pay for Orpik. He is a good player, but I don't think what he brings is what we are looking for. We'd be much more likely to just move Pietrangelo to the left side and partner him with Polįk before going down that road.

Once the new CBA is signed, I don't see Stewart getting moved until he has played a half-season with us anyway. I don't think he has a long-term future as a Blue, but I really can't see us selling him when his value is so low.

To be honest, I'm happy to let Cole prove he can be on that top pairing before we make any sort of deal. While I understand why Pietrangelo isn't in Peoria, I think the benefits of him and Cole playing together regularly would be much more beneficial to the organization in the long term.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:04 AM
nicholas89alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Significantly more than I'd be willing to pay for Orpik. He is a good player, but I don't think what he brings is what we are looking for. We'd be much more likely to just move Pietrangelo to the left side and partner him with Polįk before going down that road.

Once the new CBA is signed, I don't see Stewart getting moved until he has played a half-season with us anyway. I don't think he has a long-term future as a Blue, but I really can't see us selling him when his value is so low.

To be honest, I'm happy to let Cole prove he can be on that top pairing before we make any sort of deal. While I understand why Pietrangelo isn't in Peoria, I think the benefits of him and Cole playing together regularly would be much more beneficial to the organization in the long term.
I agree with letting cole prove himself because I really like him, Im just not sure he should be proving himself on the top pairing. as for givving up too much, Im not sure Rattie is as good as a prospect as everyone thinks he is. I think he has a solid career ahead of him but I think last year he showed hes a finisher for great line mates (barstchi) so I think he has a lot of value to pittsburg as a potential winger for crosby. what would you be willing to give up for orpik?

Old
11-19-2012, 11:18 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
I agree with letting cole prove himself because I really like him, Im just not sure he should be proving himself on the top pairing. as for givving up too much, Im not sure Rattie is as good as a prospect as everyone thinks he is. I think he has a solid career ahead of him but I think last year he showed hes a finisher for great line mates (barstchi) so I think he has a lot of value to pittsburg as a potential winger for crosby. what would you be willing to give up for orpik?
He's putting up great numbers again this year, and last year he played 22 games without Bartschi and still put up ridiculous numbers. I believe someone on here said that his scoring average was actually better in the games that he played without Sven. I think he has done more than enough to prove that he is not just the product of good linemates.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Hate the first one, I would probably do the second one.
I'm just the opposite... no way do I give up Oshie AND Rattie AND a first-round pick in a deep draft for just Keith Yandle.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm just the opposite... no way do I give up Oshie AND Rattie AND a first-round pick in a deep draft for just Keith Yandle.
At the time Oshie was unsigned. A signed Oshie is much different.

I still hate anything that involves us trading with the Vancouver Canucks because within reason there isn't a deal I want to make that could help the other team at the top of the Western Conference.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Alklha

Quote:
What would I give up for Orpik? Nothing close to what it would take to get him, simply because I don't think he is the type of defenseman we should target via trade.

With how our defense is made up, aside from moving Pietrangelo to the left, we have no option but to let Cole prove himself on the top line. It isn't ideal, but I am all for it. We should hopefully have a much better offense (a healthy McDonald/Perron, addition of Tarasenko & hopefully Stewart returns to form) and our strong team defensive game should be enough to help Cole make the transition.

As for Rattie, put up points at a similar pace last season when Bärtschi wasn't in the team. His scoring pace is down a little this year, but that isn't anything to read into because his overall game is improving. He might not be Tarasenko, but he has shown himself to be an excellent prospect.

I think our lack of team needs is making us think our need for LHD is much more pressing than it actually is.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:01 PM
stlweir

Orpick, doesn't ring a bell with me when watching Pitt but his numbers say he offers very little offensively, offers a physical game and is n32 years old. I wouldn't trade Stewart even up for him not to mention adding Rattie. A huge over payment.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:09 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Orpik is 32, beginning to decline, and is not the type of defenseman that we should target IMO.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:10 PM
nicholas89alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I think our lack of team needs is making us think our need for LHD is much more pressing than it actually is.
I agree with that. I just think if were gonna get a defensman I love the idea of a physical player like orpik that wont get pushed around and can really intimidate other teams.

Closed Thread